Which game system are you the biggest fan/protector of on System Wars?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 jknight5422
Member since 2003 • 1989 Posts

Somebody mentioned we should count up who is a fan of what here at SW & I think that's a good idea. Let's sound off & get a head count of how many fans we have of each particular console. Not sure this has been done recently, but if it has, I apologize in advance. Nobody likes all systems equally, if you think you do, then pick the most favorite of all the systems you own currently.

EDIT: It's fan OR protector. You don't have to be both. If you are fan, vote for your favorite system. Protectors are subsets of fans and can vote for the system they like to defend on SW.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

Great games.

Systems are simply the shell of plastic and wires that allow me to play them.

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts

i dont protect any systems really. I game on a 360 but when people bash it i just brush it off because their opinions of the console are trivial.

However, i vehemently defend games i like such as assassins creed which gets a ot of hate. And as opposed to defending ym console of choice, i simpyl bash the wii like no tomorow because it sucks.

jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jknight5422
LOL! So the 360 wins? :o
jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jknight5422

i dont protect any systems really. I game on a 360 but when people bash it i just brush it off because their opinions of the console are trivial.

However, i vehemently defend games i like such as assassins creed which gets a ot of hate. And as opposed to defending ym console of choice, i simpyl bash the wii like no tomorow because it sucks.

JPOBS

So you should vote for the 360 then as you are a fan of it. It's fan OR protector. You don't have to be both in order to avoid voting.

PerilousWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 PerilousWolf
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts

The PC

PC gaming is NOT dying

:/

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 61859 Posts
I want to lean toward the PC....but to be honest it doesn't get any real hate. Most of the hate is just hilarious and pathetic. Proven wrong in 2 seconds.

The 360 on the other hand and its games are under attack alot by the Cows and Sheep on the board to be honest(not that lemmings are angels)

Things such as but it will go to PC(when there are still more 360 exclusives than PS3 or Wii exclusives)
Things such as 360 only has shooters(when it has more variety than any other console)
Things such as Live is expensive(its 50 for a year, and even then it blows PSN and Wii online out of the water)
Halo 3 sucks(its just a game I like to defend)
360 has no future games(and yet once again it will have more good exclusives than PS3 or Wii)

PS3 gets alot of heat for just wait....which it shouldn't so much. However, it does have alot of delays and consistantly the games that are hyped might not even be in the current year(last year there was hope for LBP and MGS 4, this year cows are mentioing Infamous, MAG, etc as if they are current year).

Wii deserves the flack it is getting honestly. Nintendo put on a piss poor performance, has probably the least interesting software this year IMO, and quite frankly deserved the backlash.
thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 thegoldenpoo
Member since 2005 • 5136 Posts

The PC

PC gaming is NOT dying

PerilousWolf
yep pretty much.
jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jknight5422
[QUOTE="jknight5422"]

Somebody mentioned we should count up who is a fan of what here at SW & I think that's a good idea. Let's sound off & get a head count of how many fans we have of each particular console. Not sure this has been done recently, but if it has, I apologize in advance. Nobody likes all systems equally, if you think you do, then pick the most favorite of all the systems you own currently.

EDIT: It's fan OR protector. You don't have to be both. If you are fan, vote for your favorite system. Protectors are subsets of fans and can vote for the system they like to defend on SW.

SEANMCAD

PC without question. One of our biggest worries over here on the PC side is that the massive marketing campagins that are driving people to consoles are basically lowering the standard expectation for games and now PC games are starting to degrade in quality. not all of us agree with this point but its my view.

Right. It's because the game developers want to tap the console markets, so they have to use software that will cross-platform well. Otherwise, they have to rewrite entire stacks of code to take advantage of performance frome each console or PC game & it's just not acceptable or practical. It reminds me of UNIX & trying to write code that will cross-platform to several UNIX flavors.

jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jknight5422

I want to lean toward the PC....but to be honest it doesn't get any real hate. Most of the hate is just hilarious and pathetic. Proven wrong in 2 seconds.

The 360 on the other hand and its games are under attack alot by the Cows and Sheep on the board to be honest(not that lemmings are angels)

Things such as but it will go to PC(when there are still more 360 exclusives than PS3 or Wii exclusives)
Things such as 360 only has shooters(when it has more variety than any other console)
Things such as Live is expensive(its 50 for a year, and even then it blows PSN and Wii online out of the water)
Halo 3 sucks(its just a game I like to defend)
360 has no future games(and yet once again it will have more good exclusives than PS3 or Wii)

PS3 gets alot of heat for just wait....which it shouldn't so much. However, it does have alot of delays and consistantly the games that are hyped might not even be in the current year(last year there was hope for LBP and MGS 4, this year cows are mentioing Infamous, MAG, etc as if they are current year).

Wii deserves the flack it is getting honestly. Nintendo put on a piss poor performance, has probably the least interesting software this year IMO, and quite frankly deserved the backlash. jg4xchamp

That is the feeling I get as well: perpetual, continuous attacks at the 360 or just general hatred towards Mr. Softy. I don't know why they're hated so much these days. I was no lover of Mr. Softy OS in the past (90s, etc) but I've been pretty satisfied with XP & people I know that have hated Mr. Softy really liked the Xbox in spite of themselves. "They (Mr. Softy) did something right for a change.", is a quote I've heard a few times by people playing an Xbox 360.

Fart_Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fart_Storm
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts
PS3. Sony deserves our eternal gratitude for the amazing gaming experiences that we have all had from their consoles. I will defend them to the grave. I have beaten up fanboys talking junk about the PS3 at school before. Literally, I kicked their @sses, big time. Me against like 3 lemmings at the same time. Guess who walked away from that one? (hint: it wasn't the lemmings)
jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jknight5422

PS3. Sony deserves our eternal gratitude for the amazing gaming experiences that we have all had from their consoles. I will defend them to the grave. I have beaten up fanboys talking junk about the PS3 at school before. Literally, I kicked their @sses, big time. Me against like 3 lemmings at the same time. Guess who walked away from that one? (hint: it wasn't the lemmings)Fart_Storm

LOL!!! Well you are only level 2, & I haven't seen you around here in the past 2 months blasting Lemmings.:|

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
I dont protect any system, i just speak the truth no matter what system it is
Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tsug_Ze_Wind
Member since 2006 • 9511 Posts

Apparently, I'm the only sheep in SW right now. :?

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
[QUOTE="PerilousWolf"]

The PC

PC gaming is NOT dying

thegoldenpoo
yep pretty much.

PC is powered by casual games and WoW, above 2 posts fails. *runs off to console wonderland*
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

chose PS3, cause i'd be a hypocrite if I didnt, spent lots of time defending PS3 in SW... lately got the 360 which made me change my previous opinion on this console...

as long as both keep getting great games, both are worth defending when they are bashed with nonsense... that's the fun of SW..

jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jknight5422

I dont protect any system, i just speak the truth no matter what system it ismingo123

Well what is your favorite system? I think you like Xbox 360s from past posts. Put in a vote so we can get a good head count.

Off topic: send me the link of your sig. I'd like to see it, if it exists.

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts

Tsug_Ze_Wind
owned.
Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

Tsug_Ze_Wind

Nope.

thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thegoldenpoo
i see that the ps3 is in the lead, once again demonstrating our bundace of cows. well i guess they are the ones with the biggest right to be insecure. i guess this just serves as a fanboy population check.
sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts
Fan. 360 is where the games are my friend.
jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jknight5422

chose PS3, cause i'd be a hypocrite if I didnt, spent lots of time defending PS3 in SW... lately got the 360 which made me change my previous opinion on this console...

as long as both keep getting great games, both are worth defending when they are bashed with nonsense... that's the fun of SW..

Malta_1980

Post E3, owning both PS3 & 360 has become redundant, in my opinion. I suppose in a few months we'll see how much that changes. Sorny needs to distance itself from the 360 as right now it seems just about every game worth having is on a 360 & no need for anyone to switch or own both consoles.

jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jknight5422

i see that the ps3 is in the lead, once again demonstrating our bundace of cows. well i guess they are the ones with the biggest right to be insecure. i guess this just serves as a fanboy population check. thegoldenpoo

LOL! Well it helps to find out who dominates SW to keep from getting ambushed.

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

PS3. Sony deserves our eternal gratitude for the amazing gaming experiences that we have all had from their consoles. I will defend them to the grave. I have beaten up fanboys talking junk about the PS3 at school before. Literally, I kicked their @sses, big time. Me against like 3 lemmings at the same time. Guess who walked away from that one? (hint: it wasn't the lemmings)Fart_Storm

Stay the **** out of school, kids, even if your parents are going to ground you! You get beat up for talking about video games now! :o...:roll:

Try harder.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
I am a loyal protector of the SNES, no doubt about it the best console of all time :)
Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Tsug_Ze_Wind
Member since 2006 • 9511 Posts
[QUOTE="Tsug_Ze_Wind"]

JPOBS

owned.

Luckily, I have the strength of a million sheep!

*hacks poll*

*doesn't really*

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 13845 Posts
Whatever needs protecting at the moment.
jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jknight5422
Dang. Looks like more PC & PS3 peeps around here. Maybe the Lemmings are at work? Speaking of which... :P
mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

[QUOTE="mingo123"]I dont protect any system, i just speak the truth no matter what system it isjknight5422

Well what is your favorite system? I think you like Xbox 360s from past posts. Put in a vote so we can get a good head count.

Off topic: send me the link of your sig. I'd like to see it, if it exists.

i voted for 360, anyways what link? lol

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts
[QUOTE="Malta_1980"]

jknight5422

Post E3, owning both PS3 & 360 has become redundant, in my opinion. I suppose in a few months we'll see how much that changes. Sorny needs to distance itself from the 360 as right now it seems just about every game worth having is on a 360 & no need for anyone to switch or own both consoles.

true, but then again multiplats will give me a better choice which to get... also there will still be 1st party titles exclusive to both consoles worth getting... xbox360 had it for about 3 weeks (it was a gift) cause was not planning to get one, but its fun and am enjoying the games i got for it...

at least it will make my posts probably less biased :P (since in SW its mainly 360 vs PS3)

sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

Dang. Looks like more PC & PS3 peeps around here. Maybe the Lemmings are at work? Speaking of which... :Pjknight5422
Not really..

Atm 360 is only 1 behind PC & Ps3...

Also i voted for PC because it r super-uber-mage brilliant, atleast my one is :P

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27423 Posts
I chose PS3,but I do own all 3 systems. Its just i like the PS3 exclusives a bit more and the hardware itself. I have nothing against 360,but I do have a bit of dislike for gears. Hell I bought the game mainly cause my uncle was begging me to buy it so we could play. Its an ok game,but no where near the scores it has gotten.
gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts

I typically defend the PC, but it's a boring responsibility as most of the arguments are like "PC lacks diversity" or "PC gaming is dying", I repeat myself constantly with easy reproaches.

Recently I've defended Eurogamer.

gtawoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gtawoof
Member since 2003 • 1843 Posts

I always pick underdog sides, in this case its PS3.

Sony feels like the Yankees to me (my favorite team), they got hugely successful and made everyone hate them, now they're back to square one kind-of (or square 2), and have to prove they're still worthy.

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#38 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

PS3

Cows have made a comeback in SW.

gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts
[QUOTE="gingerdivid"]

I typically defend the PC, but it's a boring responsibility as most of the arguments are like "PC lacks diversity" or "PC gaming is dying", I repeat myself constantly with easy reproaches.

Recently I've defended Eurogamer.

SEANMCAD

As a PC gamer who thinks PC gaming is declines I have a question for you.

Which games that have come out in the past two years can a person create maps/mods/scripting for.

Not saying that is a standard test I am just curious if I have missed some.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R, UT3, The Witcher (you can even d/l an adventure creator and create cutscenes), Oblivion, Neverwinter Nights 2, Quake Wars, Portal, GTR2, Trackmania (you can create tracks, not sure about an SDK), Sins of a Solar Empire, Medieval 2: Total War, Company of Heroes, Crysis and Call of Duty 4 off the top of my head.

There's quite a few I've missed too. It's common that developers release SDK's after a games release, Crysis had it's SDK released before the games commercial release.

jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jknight5422
Man, talk about your dead heats. The sheep are suffering but I guess they're too casual to come to SW. :lol:
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Probably the PC as it is my personal favourite. It cops some ridiculous hate, so that kind of results in me siding with it a bit more.

When it comes to consoles I really dont discriminate between the bunch, I like them all.

Im sure everyone has a hint of bias.

jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jknight5422

Probably the PC as it is my personal favourite. It cops some ridiculous hate, so that kind of results in me siding with it a bit more.

When it comes to consoles I really dont discriminate between the bunch, I like them all.

skrat_01

Yeah. I typically just trash the PS3. I don't say much about the rest. I was thinking this board had more cows than others, but it looks like they're outnumbered. Maybe they just reply/post more often.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 skrat_01
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]

jknight5422

Yeah. I typically just trash the PS3. I don't say much about the rest. I was thinking this board had more cows than others, but it looks like they're outnumbered. Maybe they just reply/post more often.

I dont think they graze here often tbh, the PS3 forum seems pretty populated though
thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 thegoldenpoo

[QUOTE="thegoldenpoo"]i see that the ps3 is in the lead, once again demonstrating our bundace of cows. well i guess they are the ones with the biggest right to be insecure. i guess this just serves as a fanboy population check. jknight5422

LOL! Well it helps to find out who dominates SW to keep from getting ambushed.

i suppose, the pole has evened out now but im still convinced we havre a cow infestation.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jg4xchamp

I always pick underdog sides, in this case its PS3.

Sony feels like the Yankees to me (my favorite team), they got hugely successful and made everyone hate them, now they're back to square one kind-of (or square 2), and have to prove they're still worthy.

shadyd1717
They were the favorites coming into this gen....and are still favorites to beat the 360 at the least.

Nintendo was the underdog this gen to be honest.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jg4xchamp

skrat_01
yeah but defending the PC just gets boring.

There is barely any effort into it.

"Games suck"- Points at hugel library of games that are well received by critics
"Lack of variety"- Points at huge library that covers multiple genres
"Yearly upgrades"- can name like 10 people on this forum alone who probably don't have to upgrade for awhile.

The consoles it is just easier to defend....because they get bashed more often....and certain flaws are blown out of proportion.....
gamefreakomega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gamefreakomega
Member since 2003 • 3732 Posts
My defense of a console generally depends on how stupid the attack is. If it's really stupid, then I'll defend any of them. However, if my response requires a bit of thought then I'll usually save it for the PS3.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 skrat_01
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]

jg4xchamp
yeah but defending the PC just gets boring.

There is barely any effort into it.

"Games suck"- Points at hugel library of games that are well received by critics
"Lack of variety"- Points at huge library that covers multiple genres
"Yearly upgrades"- can name like 10 people on this forum alone who probably don't have to upgrade for awhile.

The consoles it is just easier to defend....because they get bashed more often....and certain flaws are blown out of proportion.....

true, true.
mehall2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mehall2010
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Okay, I need some help. I've never really been that into gaming; however, now it's more than just NFL Madden, 007, and Super Mario. I love playing Rock Band and anything with dancing or singing--anything musical. But I also love Silent Hill and Mario Kart. Problem for me, they do not make games for each other's system. Is there any way to convert games, there's got to be some way to hack it, right?? I basically would want to purchase a Wii and find some way to play Silent Hill--they have a new one coming out soon! I feel like we should protest this bull. All games should be available for all systems. I know that means that they would lose some profits, but I would pay more for the convenience...HELP!
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I usually protect Nintendo systems on System Wars. But I'm a Nintendo/Sony fan.