Which are best and worst game's on RESIDENT EVIL Universe?

• 72 results
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

BEST: Resident Evil 1: Directors Cut, 2 Dual Shock edition, 3:Nemesis, 4:HD, Code Veronica X:HD,5, Revelations, Revelations 2.

WORST: Resident Evil Remake HD ( While Original was masterpiece, HD version completely ruined it with 'forced' One Dangerous Zombie mode after you finish game with both Chris and Jill on any modes), Outbreak 1 and 2, Dead Aim, Operation Racoon City, 6

Haven't played any RE Wii games nor Zero ( Tho eagerly looking forward to Zero HD on PC Tommorow)

Well? :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

The best Resident Evil games are Resident Evil 4 and the Resident Evil remake.

The worst are 6 and Operation Raccoon City.

3: Nemesis, 2, and Code Veronica are mid tier.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

Best to worst.

• Resident Evil 3: Code: Veronica (CV is actually Resident Evil 3)
  • Resident Evil 2
  • Resident Evil
  • Resident Evil: Nemesis
  • Resident Evil Zero
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Resident Evil 6
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34547 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

The best Resident Evil games are Resident Evil 4 and the Resident Evil remake.

The worst are 6 and Operation Raccoon City.

3: Nemesis, 2, and Code Veronica are mid tier.

Indeed.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

From what I've played:

1. Resident Evil 4
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. Resident Evil 3
  4. Resident Evil
  5. Resident Evil: Revelations
  6. Resident Evil 5

7. Resident Evil 6

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

Best: 4, 2, REmake

Worst: Resident Evil 1.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

Best is 4, worst is 6 and ORC.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#8 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

The worst are newer ones lol. Gaming so bad nowadays.

fugwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 fugwit
Member since 2006 • 494 Posts

worst: darkside chronicles- instead of giving people what they wanted (full remakes of RE 2 and RECV) we get trolled with this shit with it crappy shake cam

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

Best are :

Evil Within, Nemesis, and 4

Mid Level:

1, 2, and 5

Low Point:

Everything else

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 indzman

@Liquid_ said:

Best are :

Evil Within, Nemesis, and 4

Mid Level:

1, 2, and 5

Low Point:

Everything else

Ummm, The Evil Withins not a RE game :P

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NyaDC

God the newfangled obsession people have with Resident Evil 4 is absurdly and mindbogglingly ridiculous... Mostly post Zero adopters no doubt, "Oh look at this action game, it's amazing!"..... I don't see how anyone can look at that as a good Resident Evil game, it's a horrible Resident Evil game... It completely departs from the franchise in literally every regard except for a few characters thrown in, it's the entire reason the franchise is where it is right now... I hate this game because of the can of worms it opened, any rational and true Resident Evil player would be equally as pissed off by what this game started.

It has nothing to do with anything, it's not a bad game in its own right but it's a terrible Resident Evil game and by and large was the very undoing of the franchise that turned it into what it currently is... It should have been a new IP, you change the characters and it's a new IP, that's for the most part how much this piece of shit has to do with Resident Evil...

**** that game.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

@nyadc said:

God the newfangled obsession people have with Resident Evil 4 is absurdly and mindbogglingly ridiculous... I don't see how anyone can look at that as a good Resident Evil game, it's a horrible Resident Evil game... It completely departs from the franchise in literally every regard except for a few characters thrown in, it's the entire reason the franchise is where it is right now... I hate this game because of the can of worms it opened, any rational and true Resident Evil player would be equally as pissed off by what this game started.

It has nothing to do with anything, it's not a bad game in its own right but it's a terrible Resident Evil game and by and large was the very undoing of the franchise that turned it into what it currently is... It should have been a new IP, you change the characters and it's a new IP, that's for the most part how much this piece of shit has to do with Resident Evil...

**** that game.

> says RE4 is not a bad game

> calls it a piece of shit

> "**** that game"

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NyaDC

@khoofia_pika said:
@nyadc said:

God the newfangled obsession people have with Resident Evil 4 is absurdly and mindbogglingly ridiculous... I don't see how anyone can look at that as a good Resident Evil game, it's a horrible Resident Evil game... It completely departs from the franchise in literally every regard except for a few characters thrown in, it's the entire reason the franchise is where it is right now... I hate this game because of the can of worms it opened, any rational and true Resident Evil player would be equally as pissed off by what this game started.

**** that game.

> "**** that game"

In regards to it as a Resident Evil title, it's terrible, it's a horribly weak entry with **** all to do with anything. As its own game unrelated it would be great, it should have been a new IP, because frankly that is what it is.

You switch out the characters and some very, very minor details in the dialog and story, and you have an entirely new IP that is a fundamentally different game.

It's like slapping the Gran Turismo name on Driveclub and trying to convince people it's still Gran Turismo...

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 indzman

@nyadc said:
@khoofia_pika said:
@nyadc said:

**** that game.

> "**** that game"

In regards to it as a Resident Evil title, it's terrible, it's a horribly weak entry with **** all to do with anything. As its own game unrelated it would be great, it should have been a new IP, because frankly that is what it is.

You switch out the characters and some very, very minor details in the dialog and story, and you have an entirely new IP that is a fundamentally different game.

It's like slapping the Gran Turismo name on Driveclub and trying to convince people it's still Gran Turismo...

RE 4 is considered best game amongst all RE games till date, by majority gamers, by critiques, by reviews :(

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Best - REmake (HD), 2, 4, Revelations 1 and 2

Worst - Survivor

6's Mercenaries mode is seriously fun even though the game itself still has issues.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NyaDC

@indzman said:
@nyadc said:
@khoofia_pika said:
@nyadc said:

**** that game.

> "**** that game"

RE 4 is considered best game amongst all RE games till date, by majority gamers, by critiques, by reviews :(

And that means what in relation to what has been said?

• Does it have virtually nothing to do with Resident Evil? Yes
  • Is it mechanically an entirely different game? Yes
  • Is it action oriented rather than survival horror? Yes
  • Did it introduce things which could be viewed as ridiculous even by RE standard? Yes
  • Could you change very small elements and it be an entirely different IP? Yes

I don't care if people praise it or how well it's rated, most recklessly disregard its lack of relation to or how poorly it actually fits in the franchise because it plays very well. Like I said it's a good game, it just doesn't make sense and is a poor entry as a Resident Evil title. I only care about the above things having yes as their answer, as a veteran of the franchise and day one adopter that's a major problem.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Not complete poop:RE2, RE4

Complete poop: everything else.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#19 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Best: 4: Wii Edition, Remake HD, Revelations 2, 5, Operation Raccoon City.

Literally no bad Resident Evil's.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Best : Re4 Wii

Worst... Raccoon city?

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

BEST: REmake, RE2 and Code Veronica
WORST: RE6

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22  Edited By drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts
@nyadc said:

God the newfangled obsession people have with Resident Evil 4 is absurdly and mindbogglingly ridiculous... Mostly post Zero adopters no doubt, "Oh look at this action game, it's amazing!"..... I don't see how anyone can look at that as a good Resident Evil game, it's a horrible Resident Evil game... It completely departs from the franchise in literally every regard except for a few characters thrown in, it's the entire reason the franchise is where it is right now... I hate this game because of the can of worms it opened, any rational and true Resident Evil player would be equally as pissed off by what this game started.

**** that game.

My first game in the series was RE2, and I can say with the utmost comfort that the fourth game wipes the floor with every other title in the series not called REmake.

In other words, **** off with the entirety of this post. The whole "Any true Resident Evil fan" angle is such a fallacy that it only serves to pad up a seriously weak arguement you have against RE4. You want to act like the old-school Resident Evil games were so heavy on survival-horror, when quite frankly they were action games with a survival-horror aesthetic.

The game isn't responsible for the series' undoing. That has much more to do with Capcom's incompetence.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#23 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

He whines about this in every Resident Evil thread.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Of the ones I have played; Resident evil 4, 5, 6, are the worst, 3 wasnt great either. Remake, RE2 and Code Veronica are the best.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 indzman

@princessgomez92 said:

Who?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Can only go on what I've played

Best

Resident evil remake (gamecube) the graphical upgrade was outstanding, and the addition of crimson heads added another element of danger and strategy to the original master piece.

Resident evil 3 nemesis (ps1) the constant stalking from nemesis all game is very forebording.

Resident evil 2

Resident evil & directors cut

Resident evil code veronica

Worst

Resident evil 4 - the game isn't bad itself, but the games success was the beginning of the end for resident evil as a survival horror game. The big changes in the way the game changed were expanded upon and the series changed enough to not appeal to fans of the older games anymore.

Resident evil 5 - last resident evil I played, confirmed to me the series was dead to me, as it resembled games like gears of war more than older resident evil.

Resident evil surviver - errrm, I played this without a light gun but it was still as full.

Resident evil outbreak - good concept but very frustrating in practice.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 indzman

BTW Guys? How is resident Evil Zero? Picking it up on PC Tommorow :)

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 davem1992

@indzman: It's good.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Best: 1,2,4

Worst: Operation Raccoon City

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 davem1992

@indzman said:
@princessgomez92 said:

Who?

@nyadc

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#31 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

The Worst is Operation Raccoon City, every other answer is wrong

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 indzman

@davem1992 said:
@indzman said:
@princessgomez92 said:

Who?

@nyadc

Ahhh! He seems not a fan of RE 4 lol

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 thehig1

@indzman said:

its alight, its still old school Resident Evil, controlling the two characters gets a little frustrating.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

Best for me is REmake, and RE2.

I don't care much for RE4, and RE5.

I'm excited to play RE0 HD, I almost forgot that it comes out tomorrow!

reavis86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 reavis86
Member since 2013 • 223 Posts

I've already posted my order of favorite RE games more than once on other RE threads here in system wars, so im not gonna list it again.

Y'all remember RE Dead Aim? I'd rather replay through that again than RE6. I actually liked dead aim when it was released....nothing stellar, but a fun little romp. 1hr 42 minutes was my first playthrough time the 48minutes for my second. Not much depth and it surely wasnt worth its price tag, but if it can be had for free or dirt cheap its definitely worth a play through.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Best: RE 1-4, Code Veronica, RE 0, REmake

Good: RE Revelations 1 and 2

Worst: Everything else

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 indzman

@thehig1 said:
@indzman said:

its alight, its still old school Resident Evil, controlling the two characters gets a little frustrating.

Ahhh, so its like RE 5 and 6 ya?

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I like Resident Evil Code Veronica the best and hated Resident Evil 6 specially it cashes and bring me back to the final boss with no health and amos everytime after I beat the boss. I was like WTF???? I had to give up on that game and watch the ending in youtube!

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39  Edited By Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

As someone who has played RE from the beginning and has pretty much disliked them from the beginning until REmake I think 4 is by far the best. From what I've played I'd rank them like this.

RE 4 : just an all around amazing game and the only game to use qte's the right way.

REmake : still fundamentally hate the design but the improved everything actually made it a pretty fun game to play. Basically I think this is the best this type of horror game can possibly be and it still doesn't come close to RE 4.

RE 5 : I stand by this game, it's biggest pitfall was the 2 player dynamic. It's fun with a friend, but with A.I. it didn't work so well.

RE 1, RE 2, RE 3, RE code veronica : like I said I fundamentally don't like these games. Forced camera does not add to anything, a lot of bizarre and annoying puzzles, controls stink, and they aren't scary.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 thehig1

@indzman: no not at all, the characters are rarely in the same location.

It's much better than 5 or 6

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By indzman

@thehig1 said:

@indzman: no not at all, the characters are rarely in the same location.

It's much better than 5 or 6

Sweet,'ve to try it out Absolutely then :)

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

Every Resident Evil game is good. However Operation raccoon city developed by Slant Six is just garbage. Only good thing about it is seeing the environments and Mr.X

From best to worst:

RE2 ( atmospheric soundtrack and just great level design. Not bothered by the backtracking at all)

RE4 ( a masterpiece in pacing and just when you think you had enough, it gives you more. Absolutely amazing game)

Remake ( amazing atmosphere and a very difficult game on the first playthrough.)

RE3 nemesis ( some of the best gaming moments there is. It was satisfying to destroy nemesis with a handgun, perfect the dodge and speedrun it)

RE code Veronica ( starts slow but picks up fast. You'll hate Steve and some of the later parts are considerably weaker the the first half but it's also overall a pretty good game)

RE Outbreak 1 ( no comment. Brilliant take on RE co op. Game is ahead of its time in that concept, I wish we could get outbreak 3 designed similarly to this one with co op built in. Just great)

RE Outbreak 2 ( better monster design and more difficult than the first. It's actually a really challenging game at the time I played it)

RE 5 ( wesker, HD graphics, fun co op and just overall fun game to go through)

RE Revelations ( the scan the environment stuff was annoying but overall I really enjoyed it. Good resident evil experience)

RE 6 ( great mechanics and gameplay with terrible level design and QTE's. Some of the levels really hade wondering WTF were they thinking. It must have been designed a young team or something that is not aware of how to make a video game fun. Overall it's a good game wrapped in a terribly designed levels if that made any sense lol)

RE Dead Aim (interesting game by cavia)

RE Survivor ( if you do not look at the enemy they can't attack you lol. It's a fun game for its time)", no idea how it holds up today

RE umbrella Chronicles ( two games for the arcade fans. They were alright)

RE Darkside Chronicles

RE ORC don't go near this unless you are a huge RE fan. You might forgive some of the shit it has for the cool enemy design like mr.X and seeing umbrella perspective of things but overall it's a shitty game. It's just garbage. The cover system is sticky and the zombies and enemies are bullet sponges. It's just terrible and an insult to the fans.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58821 Posts

It's Resident Evil 2.

Resident Evil 4 while fun, has weaknesses. The setting isn't as interesting (grey/brown) or diverse. The story is nowhere near as good. Leon has been turned into "dude man" While Ada is now "cool spy woman" I.e. characterures.. The villains aren't a patch on Mr X or William Birkin. It is shorter, while Resident Evil 2 is two campaigns as well as mini campaigns. Music score is superior. Pacing is better. e.c.t.. e.c.t... lots of e.t.c....

Operation Raccoon City is a good concept implemented horribly.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#44 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

What an interesting thread. It's so varied.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#45 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

4 is the best, one of the best games I've ever played

5 is a great game in its own right, but falls so short and so subpar from the incredibly high bar from 4

Revelations is dull.The gameplay works, but the enemies are generic. The suspense is seldom there. Only a couple good boss battles, and you spend way too much time on the ship.

Umbrella Chronicles is a decent rail shooter

Darkside Chronicles should have been better than UC with better level design and more content, but the camera shakes so much and sloppily for a rail gun it strongly hinders it.

6 is an all around bad game. I've never seen a high budget game executed so shoddy.

These are the 6 I've played, and I find the Resident Evil series to be very overrated when I take RE4 out of the equation, though RE4 is the earliest in the franchise and earliest released one I've played.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

Best games in Resident Evil franchise: 5 and 6

Worst games in the Resident Evil franchise: 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Honorable mention for quality with the Resident Evil movies.

Revelations 1 and 2 pale compared to call of duty ghosts.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@nyadc said:

**** that game.

I'd agree. I think its a great game, but its not a 'true' resident evil game. 5 came after and was bad....then 6.....god that fucking turd of a game.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

As for the rankings.

1) REmake (I'll count this the same as Resident Evil 1 for simplicity).
2) Resident Evil 2.
3) Resident Evil Code Verionica.
4) Resident Evil 0.
5) Resident Evil 4.
6) Resident Evil 3.

5 and 6 are complete garbage, not worth even trying to fit them in anywhere near the rest.

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 283

User Lists: 36

#50 heguain
Member since 2007 • 1433 Posts

Best: RE4, RE3, RE2, RE Remake and RE Revelations 2
My Mid Tier: RE6, RE5 and RE Revelations
Worst: Operation Raccoon City