Where's the hype for Control at?

• 92 results
#51 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31580 posts) -

@fedor said:

@R4gn4r0k: I know more than you apparently. My guess is you're just a Remedy fanboy upset by what I said. We'll see how the game turns out soon, bud.

Just seemed like something nonsensical to say, but ok. We'll see soon.

#52 Posted by robert_sparkes (3309 posts) -

It looks like your typical remedy game I still have quantum break in my backlog so will get this down the line.

#53 Edited by mrbojangles25 (44352 posts) -

I don't know about hype, but it seems like everyone that plays it seems to enjoy it. Cool story, tight controls, variety of controls, likable characters. Kind of has that turn-of-the-tech era vibe to it, low-fi sci-fi. Seems to channel the architecture of Cold War era buildings like the Hoover building, big blocky concrete structures morphing into sick twisted psychedelic versions of themselves.

It is on my radar, but I am not hyping it after Quantum Break.

Still, it looks pretty cool, and I like what I've heard of the plot.

Quantum Break was not as bad as people made it out to be, it just tried too hard...if that makes any sense. We didn't need famous actors and a TV series to go with it, I think the game suffered as a result.

@warmblur said:

It lost Steam so it's dead to me for now.

Did it? That's too bad, same. Tencent-Epic Game Store?

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Can't believe some lems used to call them Microsoft's Naughty Dog lol.

Nobody said that until you just did.

Does Control actually look like a bad game to you?

It objectively looks like a pretty good game.

#54 Posted by UItravioIence (1236 posts) -

Looking forward to it. Day 1. Lems turned their back on remedy. Leave it to playstation gamers to keep Remedy alive.

#55 Posted by DaVillain- (37961 posts) -

Normally, I make another thread for Control but it's impressions but this thread is still fresh, so no point in doing that.

I read and seen gameplay already and so far, high impressions for those who are playing the game already due to early reviewers got the copy of the game already. like what I seen so far and cannot wait to play it this Monday night! Will return and pass my judgment.

#56 Posted by Archangel3371 (28508 posts) -

Watching a review by DreamCastGuy and this game looks and sounds quite good. I do want to pick it up in the near future after I get a number of other games coming out in September. So many games to get in the next month. Sheesh.

#57 Posted by DaVillain- (37961 posts) -

@Archangel3371: DreamCastGuy was one of them I seen who likes it as well. Too many games next month is indeed troublesome, but Control manage to be in my hype pick up and hoping to be done with that game before Gears 5 arrives.

#58 Edited by ProtossRushX (5693 posts) -

rofl who the hell is gonna pay 60 for control with wow classic and big hitting games coming out like link's awakening

Avatar image for pinkribbonscars
#59 Posted by PinkRibbonScars (103 posts) -

Why would anyone be interested in a reskinned Quantum Break with a female protag In an attempt to cash in on the soyboys over at RetardEra because Remedy are "woke" now? They'll be bankrupt this time next year.

And I just wanted an Alan Wake sequel.

#60 Edited by sakaiXx (6051 posts) -

Watched some youtuber letsplay and dang this game is actually pretty fun. Dont really like how weak the shooting mechanics is and how it feels but the story is really friggin interesting.

#61 Edited by Gatygun (1586 posts) -

Let's be honest here, they do not really have a good track record to start with.

Alan wake was a total disaster. A openworld game with physics pushing pc tech on dx10 got butchered and boycotted as result towards a xbox exclusive deal.

Quantum break runned terrible, microstutter everywhere, even the most powerful gpu couldn't run the game at a stable 30 fps on PC.

The game was also heavily sponsored by microsoft with there tv show / game idea that never worked out well. So yea incredible lackbusting.

In a day or so wow vanilla comes out, nobody on PC will be playing it so incredible bad launch time.

The twitch footage really looked like a dull game that i saw today. just a shittier alan wake it seemed like.

Will probably buy it in a month or 3 when its 15 bucks.

Also CEO selling his stock doesn't indicate any faith in it.

#62 Posted by KungfuKitten (26790 posts) -

Epic, so it releases in a year or so. I'll be hyped then ^_-

#63 Edited by DaVillain- (37961 posts) -

PC gamers complaining over being Epic timely exclusive is so freaking lol. Glad I'm one of the few who doesn't give a damn about the launcher wars, I'm a gamer, I go where the games are and Control being in Epic store is no different. But of course, if it's a game I really want to play that badly, then I got no choice but to go that place and get it. That's just the way I am.

Will give out my impressions on the PC version later on.

#64 Posted by Nike_Air (19348 posts) -

Looks pretty cool and the reviews seem good , so I'll give it a rent after I'm done with Judgment. I might play Man of Medan depending on reviews/word of mouth. I freaking LOVED Until Dawn

#65 Posted by onesiphorus (2942 posts) -

It received an 8/10 from GameSpot.

#66 Posted by cainetao11 (36808 posts) -

It’s a multiplat. SW doesn’t get all worked up unless it’s something to point fingers over.

#68 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10538 posts) -
@pinkribbonscars said:

Why would anyone be interested in a reskinned Quantum Break with a female protag In an attempt to cash in on the soyboys over at RetardEra because Remedy are "woke" now? They'll be bankrupt this time next year.

And I just wanted an Alan Wake sequel.

Exactly.

I rather want Alan wake 2.

apparently reset era crowds are praising this game.

#69 Posted by phbz (4654 posts) -

You Incel wanna be kids crack me up.

#70 Posted by Epak_ (10713 posts) -

It got an 8, gotta get it at some point. I've managed to enjoy most Remedy games.

#71 Posted by Gatygun (1586 posts) -

Game is already death on twitch.

Absolute terrible time to launch.

#72 Posted by warmblur (2972 posts) -

@davillain- said:

PC gamers complaining over being Epic timely exclusive is so freaking lol. Glad I'm one of the few who doesn't give a damn about the launcher wars, I'm a gamer, I go where the games are and Control being in Epic store is no different. But of course, if it's a game I really want to play that badly, then I got no choice but to go that place and get it. That's just the way I am.

I disagree it's the one of the worst launchers out there even worst then Origin and Uplay. Their account security is a freaking joke people get their accounts hacked more then once I do not trust Epic store there is good reason to not use it. It's like playing Russian roulette with your credit card good luck man hope you don't get your account hacked it's just not worth the risk for me.

#73 Posted by Gatygun (1586 posts) -

@warmblur said:
@davillain- said:

I disagree it's the one of the worst launchers out there even worst then Origin and Uplay. Their account security is a freaking joke people get their accounts hacked more then once I do not trust Epic store there is good reason to not use it. It's like playing Russian roulette with your credit card good luck man hope you don't get your account hacked it's just not worth the risk for me.

If you fill in credit card information in any store you are asking for it.

#74 Edited by DaVillain- (37961 posts) -

@warmblur said:
@davillain- said:

Don't get me wrong, I do agree it is the WORST launcher around but I only put up with Epic if it's a game I wanna play day one and not wait until it comes to every launcher such as Steam. Their are games I'll wait a year later such as Borderlands 3 but Control, I wanna play it day one is an example.

So far, I only have just 3 games in my Epic library, both Fortnite & Metro Exodus I got for free and Control was the first time I use my card to purchase it. (And hopefully the last if I can say that)

Edit: Steam was also hated when it first launch and got better over time, Epic is repeating what Steam did.

#75 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44352 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@warmblur said:
@davillain- said:

Edit: Steam was also hated when it first launch and got better over time, Epic is repeating what Steam did.

I'd be totally fine with that, with being patient, if they didn't try this exclusive bullshit. That's just rich uncle Tencent-Moneybags trying to take the easy way to success.

With that said, I have caved haha; I bought Satisfactory a month ago, and have no bought Control.

I'm treating the Tencent-Epic Game Store as an indulgence, it will not be my main source of gaming unless it is better than Steam or GoG (or Uplay or Origin, for that matter).

#76 Edited by mrbojangles25 (44352 posts) -

@ProtossRushX said:

rofl who the hell is gonna pay 60 for control with wow classic and big hitting games coming out like link's awakening

Have you played WoW Classic yet?

There's a reason the formula has changed and not gone back; because grinding sucks. People call it catering to casuals, I call it evolution of gameplay. It might get better when you're not literally waiting in line for a named monster, but until then...

Also not everyone on PC plays WoW. I'd wager most everyone on PC doesn't play WoW.

TL;DR: as someone who was interested in WoW Classic but lost interest, a nice single-player game appeals a lot to me while I wait for the buzz to die down.

#77 Posted by DaVillain- (37961 posts) -

@mrbojangles25 said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Have you played WoW Classic yet?

There's a reason the formula has changed and not gone back; because grinding sucks. People call it catering to casuals, I call it evolution of gameplay. It might get better when you're not literally waiting in line for a named monster, but until then...

Also not everyone on PC plays WoW. I'd wager most everyone on PC doesn't play WoW.

TL;DR: as someone who was interested in WoW Classic but lost interest, a nice single-player game appeals a lot to me while I wait for the buzz to die down.

Seriously, as far as WoW Classic, it's been there, done that. Don't think I'll damage my nostalgia for this. Fact of the matter is, WoW is old as hell, has bad gameplay, and it didn't aged well either. It came about in an age where we had no standards and were still in awe about playing in a 3D world with other people in a massive multiplayer environment. And anyone that played it must have been a Teenager, that is now an adult. I don't know why anyone want this old grind today? It's fine when you're young, but that's it. I remember what a damn grind it was and have no desire to experience that again. 13 years of my WoW days are long gone.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#78 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12939 posts) -
@Gatygun said:

Game is already death on twitch.

Absolute terrible time to launch.

It's also a short SP-only game and a new IP. No surprise that it doesn't have much replay value.

#79 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10538 posts) -

After watching some gameplay/impressions. im now quite interested in this game now.

will be playing it soon.

#80 Posted by Zidaneski (8853 posts) -

I'll check the game out but right now I'm leaning towards astral chain and then there's monster Hunter and borderlands 3.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#81 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3418 posts) -

You probably shouldn’t play this game on Xbox One S, PS4 or PS4 Pro. Well unless you enjoy gaming in the 14-22fps range

#82 Posted by Gatygun (1586 posts) -

PC performance of Control is trash tho.

Loading Video...

#83 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1779 posts) -

Already starting to get bored of the building after ninety minutes. It doesn't help that all the combat music is so unexciting.

I like the controls, including the accurate running and gunning, but it takes way too long to get all the abilities needed to have fun. This game is so obsessed with modern tutorials that you can't even crouch until thirty minutes in when a specific situation encourages you to.

#84 Posted by Epak_ (10713 posts) -

Getting this for TEH X, maybe next month.

#85 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10538 posts) -
@ezekiel43 said:

I like the controls, including the accurate running and gunning, but it takes way too long to get all the abilities needed to have fun. This game is so obsessed with modern tutorials that you can't even crouch until thirty minutes in when a specific situation encourages you to.

and no wonder why i hate most third person games in general.

#86 Posted by Fedor (5325 posts) -

Oh hey, a Remedy game runs like trash. Who saw this coming?

#87 Posted by Juub1990 (8716 posts) -

@Gatygun: Console is abysmal. Seems they need to patch it asap.

#88 Edited by Ghosts4ever (10538 posts) -

So i started playing. played for half n hour. part of it is impressive. graphics and lighting are. but PC version imo is horribly optimize. run like crap.

now lets talk about gameplay mechanics. gunplay really suck with bulletsponges enemies. i mean only one gun and its not fun to shoot. and one button meelee also suck. cant believe its same remedy that give us masterpiece like Max payne and one of the best horror game like Alan wake.

#89 Posted by robert_sparkes (3309 posts) -

Played it at my mates and the map is dreadful games these days are so reliant on a decent map that when it's trash it shows.

#90 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1779 posts) -

It is so dumb that the character rises from crouch whenever shooting.

I like the cool down reload mechanic. No reload button needed.

Still only have a pistol. It's taking way to long to unlock other weapons and abilities. I tried using the dodge feature (Ctrl) after looking at the button mapping two hours ago and still cannot dodge. This is some dreadful progression.

Can we get a western AAA game without audio logs and journals? What a lazy, tedious, unrealistic way to tell a story.

Loading Video...

#91 Edited by Icarian (1881 posts) -

Best game from Remedy so far. It's a mix of Alan Wake, Quantum Break and Dark Souls

#92 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10538 posts) -

I gave up.

game is terrible. the shooting absolutely suck and story which always been remedy strongest part is so lacking that i dont have any idea whats going on. im done.

this game is chore to play. cant believe its getting so much praised. Quantum break was much better game even.

#93 Posted by Pedro (35597 posts) -

The way game zooms on her face and you hear her inner voice is annoying. I feel as if I am playing a crazy person. Its really jarring.