Where would you like to see the Battlefield series go from the Great War?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#1 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6082 Posts

Meaning WW2,Vietnam,Civil war,etc ...

Personally I would like to see a North Korea setting?Maybe I'm alone in my way of thinking?

What do the rest of you gamers think?

Please leave your opinion,I would like to see what others think.Maybe futuristic setting?

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Anything but futuristic

I'd rather have them keep doubling down on past, I love WW settings

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56017 Posts

Absolutely yes! WW2, modern, and sci-fi wars have been done to death already. Come to think of it, I wish some Civil War games would come out too and I welcome Battlefield; Civil War anytime.

I would also like to see Korean War. One of the bloodiest...trenches filled with bodies fighting for the 38th parallel, a good mixture of older and modern weaponry, right before Vietnam era jet planes is also a welcome feature.

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

I'd love to see Battlefield Vietnam.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9526 Posts

People have such horrible taste in games. BF1 is a horrible game.. cookie cutter, piece of unresponsive garbage.

Battlefield 4 was a huge step up in terms of just about EVERYTHING, and BF1 was a HUGE step back. A monumental step back. Now, I know all the super casual 12 year olds will rush to its aid, but it is a steaming pile of trash, and I'm not going to change my mind, so save the lecture on why I'm wrong.. because I'm not.

Battlefield should go only one of two ways. 1. Push forward with Battlefield 5 and perhaps base it upon WW3 (current timeline, not futuristic garbage), current conflicts, recent conflicts in the middle east, possibly even mix in a couple DIFFERENT wars like Vietnam, the first gulf war, Iraq and Afghanistan, and current events, etc. Doing something involving North Korea will probably just not happen. 2. Battlefield Bad Company 3; It's past due and would be a great time to push it forward after BF1. It would be the next BF game before BF5. This probably actually makes the most sense.

Either way, the next installment needs a competitive one life mode, and can cut down on needlessly huge maps just for the sake of being huge. It's cool people like conquest and all that other large map crap, but pushing the bar on just how big a playing space can be in unnecessary. Conquest maps were already large enough. I for one feel that they should keep the flight and ground vehicles, but cut down on the number of them and make the maps a little smaller and more intimate so that all play styles mesh in EVERY game mode, and it doesn't fracture the player base.

The game needs to speed up, have more options, stop "doing away with things because people asked for it"(this one was bs from the very start with BF1.. they used that excuse to dupe people into thinking they got what they asked for), be more responsive, go back to every BF game before it and do away with the crap ass invisible boundary line shit, and just make it to where there is like a 10 second countdown like in every other BF game, no more "wow that looks like a great spot but I can't get to it" moments like in BF1 (which ALSO includes doing away with invisible boundary lines), pistols in the last couple iterations have had way to much aim assist (practically auto aim) and I feel they should either do away with aim assist with side arms completely or it should be minimal at best. I could keep going on and on with this list but I'll stop here for now.. lol

Anyways, to sum things up, the series needs to get more serious about competitive modes, make it impossible to blow up walls next to objectives, revamp the levolution and make it more randomized and hit box specific, speed the play up, and stop stripping features.

I personally vote for Bad Company 3 (as long as it has at least one 1 life mode... but if it doesn't then my vote goes for BF5). No futuristic crap, no lock on crap, no jetpack crap, no invisibility crap, just straightforward gameplay with an actual skill gap and a emphasis on teamwork and competitive play.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

back to modern day or near future or full on future. WW1 and WW2 guns are complete shit

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46169 Posts

I've been thinking about this, the gigantic Battlefield 1 fan that I am.

A Vietnam game would be interesting. Very diverse weaponry, the addition of Helicopters, planes and napalm (we already have a burning forest in one of the DLC maps)

WW2 could continue the inclusion of Behemoths, which was something I really liked. Giant Warships in BF1 for example reminded me a lot of WW2 battles.

And hey, this may sound crazy but:

What about another WW1 game ?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Probably Battlefield Vietnam. I'm a huge Battlefield fan and put in insane amounts of time last Gen on BF3 and Bad Company, and while BF1 is solid I just didn't play it as much as I had too much exposure to the series last Gen. But I remember one of the Bad Company expansions was in Vietnam if I Remember correctly, and it was great.....a full fledged Vietnam game would definitely feel more compelling to play for me. I hope to put in more time in BF1 when time permits as well

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

The crusades.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Regardless of setting I want the next one to play like BF 3/4. BF1 feels more like Battlefront than a Battlefield game. I got bored so fast even though I put hundreds of hours into the other Battlefields.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

back to modern day or near future or full on future. WW1 and WW2 guns are complete shit

^ ^ This.

BF1 was a huge step back in the series IMO. Game is boring casual garbage and lacks tactics and team play compared to previous BF games in the series. I'm down for any time setting other than WW1 or anytime before that era. The guns were complete shit. While I wouldn't exactly want WW2 since it's been done to death I'd still take it over WW1. What I truly want is BF5 set in modern times or a Bad Company 3. I'd even take a futuristic BF 2142 over another WW1 BF game.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

I want to see a proper war game set in Vietnam, even though in the back of my mind I know it will probably never happen.

Developers hardly ever touch that material only because America doesn't end up winning in the end.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#13 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@xdude85 said:

I want to see a proper war game set in Vietnam, even though in the back of my mind I know it will probably never happen.

Developers hardly ever touch that material only because America doesn't end up winning in the end.

dude a game like this literally just came out, Rising Storm 2 Vietnam.

i'd be curious to see Dice take on Vietnam again though whatever they do it'll just be a 'theme' that doesn't effect gameplay that much ala BF1

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

Space.

OUCH! Stop! I was kidding!

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

Battlefield 2143. I know you guys want those sweet Titans back. Plus they totally set it up with BF4: Final Stand.

For those that don't remember the glory of Titan mode:

Loading Video...

Or Battlefield Korea. Maybe Vietnam 2, even though they kind of already did Vietnam again with BC2: Vietnam. Also Rising Storm 2 just came out to fill that void as well.

I have a feeling they'll just do Battlefield 5, though.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R4gn4r0k

@with_teeth26 said:
@xdude85 said:

i'd be curious to see Dice take on Vietnam again though whatever they do it'll just be a 'theme' that doesn't effect gameplay that much ala BF1

If that is true than we might as well call Rising Storm 2 a skin for Red Orchestra 2

borninblood60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By borninblood60
Member since 2017 • 262 Posts

Scrap guns and go medievil on their ass.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Nah i'd like Dice to get rid of making Battlefield altogether and go back to making good games like the Rallisport Challenge games.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Since they went back to WW1 this time, I'd like to see them go to 2143. 2142 was awesome.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DragonfireXZ95

@WitIsWisdom said:

People have such horrible taste in games. BF1 is a horrible game.. cookie cutter, piece of unresponsive garbage.

Battlefield 4 was a huge step up in terms of just about EVERYTHING, and BF1 was a HUGE step back. A monumental step back. Now, I know all the super casual 12 year olds will rush to its aid, but it is a steaming pile of trash, and I'm not going to change my mind, so save the lecture on why I'm wrong.. because I'm not.

Battlefield should go only one of two ways. 1. Push forward with Battlefield 5 and perhaps base it upon WW3 (current timeline, not futuristic garbage), current conflicts, recent conflicts in the middle east, possibly even mix in a couple DIFFERENT wars like Vietnam, the first gulf war, Iraq and Afghanistan, and current events, etc. Doing something involving North Korea will probably just not happen. 2. Battlefield Bad Company 3; It's past due and would be a great time to push it forward after BF1. It would be the next BF game before BF5. This probably actually makes the most sense.

Either way, the next installment needs a competitive one life mode, and can cut down on needlessly huge maps just for the sake of being huge. It's cool people like conquest and all that other large map crap, but pushing the bar on just how big a playing space can be in unnecessary. Conquest maps were already large enough. I for one feel that they should keep the flight and ground vehicles, but cut down on the number of them and make the maps a little smaller and more intimate so that all play styles mesh in EVERY game mode, and it doesn't fracture the player base.

The game needs to speed up, have more options, stop "doing away with things because people asked for it"(this one was bs from the very start with BF1.. they used that excuse to dupe people into thinking they got what they asked for), be more responsive, go back to every BF game before it and do away with the crap ass invisible boundary line shit, and just make it to where there is like a 10 second countdown like in every other BF game, no more "wow that looks like a great spot but I can't get to it" moments like in BF1 (which ALSO includes doing away with invisible boundary lines), pistols in the last couple iterations have had way to much aim assist (practically auto aim) and I feel they should either do away with aim assist with side arms completely or it should be minimal at best. I could keep going on and on with this list but I'll stop here for now.. lol

Anyways, to sum things up, the series needs to get more serious about competitive modes, make it impossible to blow up walls next to objectives, revamp the levolution and make it more randomized and hit box specific, speed the play up, and stop stripping features.

I personally vote for Bad Company 3 (as long as it has at least one 1 life mode... but if it doesn't then my vote goes for BF5). No futuristic crap, no lock on crap, no jetpack crap, no invisibility crap, just straightforward gameplay with an actual skill gap and a emphasis on teamwork and competitive play.

It's funny, because you hate BF1, yet BF1 did exactly what you mentioned in italics.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

Anything but modern setting with the same ol guns. Perhaps WW2 or 2143

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 R4gn4r0k

@DragonfireXZ95: It's weird because I own BF2142 but I don't remember playing it more than half an hour :/

Maybe because DICE is also making Star Wars they won't go futuristic with BF ?

I still think BF1 has long legs so next year seems a bit soon for the new BF (hope it's not another hardline that came at a time nobody was asking for a new BF)

And yeah the people here complaining BF1 has no teamwork, I don't get them. If you play operations having a good or bad team dictates everything.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#23  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38027 Posts

I'd like a time span of the French Indochina war to the Vietnam war.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DragonfireXZ95

@R4gn4r0k said:

@DragonfireXZ95: It's weird because I own BF2142 but I don't remember playing it more than half an hour :/

Maybe because DICE is also making Star Wars they won't go futuristic with BF ?

I still think BF1 has long legs so next year seems a bit soon for the new BF (hope it's not another hardline that came at a time nobody was asking for a new BF)

And yeah the people here complaining BF1 has no teamwork, I don't get them. If you play operations having a good or bad team dictates everything.

Conquest is still the same as it ever was. Medics revive, support throws down ammo and repairs vehicles, assault takes out vehicles, snipers spot with flares.

It has all the same teamwork, just some class stuff has been moved around. I don't understand why people bitch. Lol

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Conquest is still the same as it ever was. Medics revive, support throws down ammo and repairs vehicles, assault takes out vehicles, snipers spot with flares.

It has all the same teamwork, just some class stuff has been moved around. I don't understand why people bitch. Lol

Because I knew from the moment that they announced a WW1 setting many people wouldn't be up for it.

If people want a modern day setting there are more than enough Battlefields to choose from: Battlefield 2, Bad Company, Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Hardline.

I'm glad the Modern time streak has ended because after Battlefield 3&4 I couldn't feel more disconnected from the battles at hand.

DICE took a chance with the World War I setting (EA didn't want to do it, because they said as much as kids being too dumb to even know World War 1 ever happened). And for me it paid off.

I don't play Conquest often in the new Battlefield. It's way too much running around from objective to objective, it feels too chaotic and not focused enough.

But on the other hand I do play a lot of Operations, Frontlines and sometimes Rush too. It feels more focused and I like the linearity of those modes.

I also like the custom game modes where it's only bolt action rifles, or custom game modes that make for a 'truer' experience.

Have you seen the new Russian weapons and maps ? I'm looking forward to them so much :D

Loading Video...

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DragonfireXZ95

@R4gn4r0k:

Understandable. I see why people can like Operations. It can be fun, although I like sneaking around the backside of the battlefield if possible or controlling the tide of battle by using teamwork to capture back objectives when everyone else is focused on others. I feel like it's more dynamic this way, but it's just personal preference.

And yes, my 1080 water pump died, and I'm getting the replacement RMA today(took almost a week--way too damn long), and I am still excited to try the new night map; I haven't been able to yet. The Russian expansion looks pretty awesome, and they have a lot of fun in store for us.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 R4gn4r0k

@DragonfireXZ95: Yeah there were these summer missions. Have you heard about those ? :)

I actually think the two last night maps were a lot of fun in conquest. Because they are more focused on infantry combat, and at times they allow for some peace and quiet, not chaos all the time.

I also really think you'd like 40 player operations because it allows for more flanking and tactical maneuvering.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Back to Nam'

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@quadknight said:
@mems_1224 said:

^ ^ This.

BF1 was a huge step back in the series IMO. Game is boring casual garbage and lacks tactics and team play compared to previous BF games in the series. I'm down for any time setting other than WW1 or anytime before that era. The guns were complete shit. While I wouldn't exactly want WW2 since it's been done to death I'd still take it over WW1. What I truly want is BF5 set in modern times or a Bad Company 3. I'd even take a futuristic BF 2142 over another WW1 BF game.

I want more futuristic settings as well. I would even prefer a far future setting to a "near future" one. I thought the campaign in COD Infinite Warfare was one of the best in the series. Hell, the Titanfall setting is amazing as well! I think a BF take on something like those games would be interesting. This WW1 and WW2 stuff is boring and played out.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#30 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2945 Posts

Yeah I wouldn't mind a Bad Company 3 game.

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

A follow up...

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DragonfireXZ95

@R4gn4r0k said:

@DragonfireXZ95: Yeah there were these summer missions. Have you heard about those ? :)

I actually think the two last night maps were a lot of fun in conquest. Because they are more focused on infantry combat, and at times they allow for some peace and quiet, not chaos all the time.

I also really think you'd like 40 player operations because it allows for more flanking and tactical maneuvering.

Haven't heard about the summer missions. Agreed on the one night map I played. It's a great map. Haven't played the 2nd one yet, but it looked pretty sweet.

I do enjoy the larger operations in small doses. They are still fun modes.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#33 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Historical fiction, i.e. CoD BLOPS. Something Cold War related.

I also would be interested to see them take another pass at WW2 with the same production quality as BF1. But the game should be similar in tone to BF1 and provide levels where you play from every side. Too many games refrain from humanizing the Axis powers, which is to me a lost opportunity.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 R4gn4r0k

@DragonfireXZ95: I'd give you a link but I'm on mobile atm. Search battlefield summer mission and it'll be the first link that pops up ;)

There was one a week ago where the goal was to finish and win three operations. If you complete all summer missions you'll get a special melee weapon and a surprise :D

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

I've been thinking about this, the gigantic Battlefield 1 fan that I am.

A Vietnam game would be interesting. Very diverse weaponry, the addition of Helicopters, planes and napalm (we already have a burning forest in one of the DLC maps)

WW2 could continue the inclusion of Behemoths, which was something I really liked. Giant Warships in BF1 for example reminded me a lot of WW2 battles.

And hey, this may sound crazy but:

What about another WW1 game ?

I'm up for all of those for sure.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44532 Posts

they can return to WW1, but not so soon, they don't want to milk it to death right away, but when they do return, I'd prefer that they stick to one story in one area of the war and not create a bunch of smaller stories that feel kind of glossed over

as far as Star Wars Battlefront was concerned, I was hoping that they'd of just made that a Battlefield game in many respects, I think the two series would have complemented each other quite well with the balance of classes and vehicles and the use of squads, and considering the multiplayer was similar in many respects, I think in some part DICE avoid letting it be called a Battlefield game with a Star Wars skin, and that's wrong, that's exactly what it needed to be

something tells me if the new COD gives the franchise a bump and it sells phenomenally that the industry will follow, and if DICE makes a WW2 game next, go with the Russian front, I feel that's a relatively unexplored theater of that war I wish we'd see more of

last gen we had BF1943, and back then I wanted them to do a 2143 as a nice bite sized downloadable multiplayer game, but I don't feel we need that anymore, not with Titanfall there it would be kind of redundant territory as far as EA is concerned

I would love it if they revived Bad Company, and do what they always should have done for the series, make it 4 player online co-op

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 R4gn4r0k

@speedfog said:

I'm up for all of those for sure.

I was thinking: Behemoths are a cool new mechanic in Battlefield 1.

They can help a losing team in Conquest, or they can help that push for objectives in the new operations game mode.

Operations and Behemoths are something I definitely would like to see return in the next Battlefield.

A WW2 setting would be perfect to incorporate those.

You could have behemoths like B17 bombers, King Tigers, giant Battleships or aircraft carriers (like we had in BF1942)

But maybe a WW2 setting is too obvious... A vietnam setting could also really work well for the series, but I'm wondering how Behemoths could fit in that one. Vietnam wasn't really about these all powerful vehicles on the battlefield, like WW1 & WW2 were.

And hey, if they do WW1 again, it would be perfect to do a slightly different take on it. Or improve on the new stuff they have in the current one.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 with_teeth26

@R4gn4r0k said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@xdude85 said:

If that is true than we might as well call Rising Storm 2 a skin for Red Orchestra 2

eh I feel RS2 was designed with the era/style of conflict in mind while BF1 the gameplay (at least on foot) didn't change all that much to reflect the era. I like BF1 don't get me wrong and I wouldn't call it a reskin of previous BF games but its WW1 themed, the gameplay wasn't really designed around that war and style of conflict. the conflict was made to fit the pre-existing style of gameplay.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#39 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 24891 Posts

I like to see it end. its been more stale than COD in years.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

They have to do a new WWII game. 1942 is still the best Battlefield game. Either that or ancient mythological China - Battlefield Jade Empire.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#41 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

Hardline 2 ahahaha.....but maybe actually (even though it wasn't DICE). Hotwire was such an addicting game type. Sadly, that game died a quick, painful death.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:
@xdude85 said:

This is just mp only though. Not that modern military shooters have any good campaigns anyway.

Goes back to playing Vietcong.....

as for BF....I could care less about mp, the campaigns suck and any setting change doesn't mean much as it's more of a cosmetic type 'skin' change than anything.....so F it.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 with_teeth26

@bussinrounds said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@xdude85 said:

This is just mp only though. Not that modern military shooters have any good campaigns anyway.

Vietcong was awesome!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 R4gn4r0k

@with_teeth26 said:
@bussinrounds said:

Vietcong was awesome!

I find that the smaller maps and conflicts in Skirmish mode of Rising Storm 2 remind me a lot of the multiplayer I really enjoyed in Vietcong and Fist Alpha.

It's just a huge shame that there are so few maps (only 3 for Skirmish, 3 for Territories and 2 for Supremacy)

I've had some fun in Supremacy but at the end of the day I feel it falls apart when people don't do their jobs properly and you are given really bad spawns.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@goldenelementxl: Agreed. Infinite Warfare had the best COD campaign ever for me thanks to the futuristic setting and Titanfall is awesome as well. I'd definitely like to play another BF set in the far future. WW1/2 are completely played out.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 with_teeth26

@R4gn4r0k said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@bussinrounds said:

Vietcong was awesome!

I find that the smaller maps and conflicts in Skirmish mode of Rising Storm 2 remind me a lot of the multiplayer I really enjoyed in Vietcong and Fist Alpha.

It's just a huge shame that there are so few maps (only 3 for Skirmish, 3 for Territories and 2 for Supremacy)

I've had some fun in Supremacy but at the end of the day I feel it falls apart when people don't do their jobs properly and you are given really bad spawns.

yea the lack of official maps sucks, though the custom map scene is improving quickly. I've had some great games of Supremacy but some really bad ones as well, especially on An Lao Valley when people go to C even if their team does't have the cutoff point. I still think Territories is the best mode for those games.

New World Interactive have put out like 3 new maps for DoI and in the same time Tripwire haven't released any, hopefully they make some custom maps official as well as add new ones themselves, that is how RO2/RS got such a good collection of maps.

Johnmclane26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Johnmclane26
Member since 2016 • 255 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

I like to see it end. its been more stale than COD in years.

You should carry toilet paper around with you for the amount of shit you talk. You trash any game that isn't doom, prey, mafia 1, or metro.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 R4gn4r0k

@with_teeth26 said:

yea the lack of official maps sucks, though the custom map scene is improving quickly. I've had some great games of Supremacy but some really bad ones as well, especially on An Lao Valley when people go to C even if their team does't have the cutoff point. I still think Territories is the best mode for those games.

New World Interactive have put out like 3 new maps for DoI and in the same time Tripwire haven't released any, hopefully they make some custom maps official as well as add new ones themselves, that is how RO2/RS got such a good collection of maps.

Kinda like how Battlefield does it: allow every game mode on every map. Does that work 100% of the time ? No, because I think Operations sucks on the Fao Fortress map but it works most of the time.

I already read an update that they are gonna allow Supremacy on Hue City and Territories on An Lao Valley... Which I'm really looking forward to.

I mean I'm sure the map problem will get fixed but there are some other minor/major annoyances that overall made me like Rising Storm 2 way less than Red Orchestra 2:

- The TK punishment system and mentality around it.

I thought the TK punishment system in RO2 was fine but they made it more sever this time.

I have had several occasions where it's pitch black, you see an unfriendly shape, there is no icon whatsoever indicating it's a friendly and you shoot... And the game punishes you for shooting.

Because the mentality of 99% of the people I have seen so far is: you did it on purpose. No matter the situation, no matter if you say sorry or not. They won't write NP because to them you did on purpose.

Me and my friends kept just forgiving people without every getting an NP back but at the end we just got tired of the whole system. It wasn't fun. It's bad game design imo.

- Troubles getting into servers.

Sometimes you join a server with 53/64 players and you have to hope that there will be room enough for you and your friends to join.

You have to hope you end up on the same team, and in the same squad. It's a matter of luck really.

Luck I don't really want because Battlefield 1 and even Tripwire's own Killing Floor have an excellent lobby system.

_____

I can see a lot of stuff improving in Rst 2 and I really hope it does improve. But so far I think I've had 60% fun and 40% of the time just pure frustration.

A lot of the changes I feel were changes for the worse and a lot of improvements just weren't there.

s0ldier69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 s0ldier69
Member since 2005 • 2281 Posts

Modern. Tired of crappy weapons in BF1. Doesn't get much better in ww2. Really want my attachments, red dot sights, explosives, rocket launchers and the myriad of awesome guns. Not to mention all the vehicles. Please go back to modern!

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Maybe try Alternate History? It would open up some new horizons.

I love the idea of the American Civil War but the poster complaining about lack of vehicles and technology does have a point.