Where is the next punch out for Wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by YourExpert (387 posts) -

Loved Punchout on nes

Loved it on Snes

Where is the Wii version.  This game is screaming for a sequal but falls on deaf ears. 

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
#2 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (10548 posts) -
punch out would rock so hard on the wii.  any boxing game that builds on what wiisports did really
#3 Posted by Michael85 (3971 posts) -
Earlier in the year, EA announced they'd bring a fight night game to the Wii.  I think that may be the closest thing you're going to get for a while, because Nintendo doesn't really operate on common sense (ie., making games for the Wii that make you go "DUH....why'd it take you so long?").
#4 Posted by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -
There are rumors about one in the works but it may not be untill late next year
#5 Posted by n1ntendorevO (532 posts) -
Well EA hinted at Fight Night.  Ready 2 Rumble is coming to the Wii.  Also, Nintendo does have 40+ games in development for the Wii.
#6 Posted by Son_of_Some (1458 posts) -
They're going to reveal it at e3. I know this because my dad works at Nintendo and I always get beta versions of the games. Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is pretty fun,
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
#7 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30973 posts) -
Well EA hinted at Fight Night.  Ready 2 Rumble is coming to the Wii.  Also, Nintendo does have 40+ games in development for the Wii.
n1ntendorevO
and they said they Majority is for Core gamers, so atleast those should interest the many people on SW complaining that Nintendo doesn't have those type of games anymore.
#8 Posted by Nuck81 (7713 posts) -
You can't have every great game for a system come out in the first year.
#9 Posted by CelineDion (5972 posts) -

Considering how well Wii Boxing works, I wouldn't be terribly excited about the prospect of another boxing game.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
#10 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (10548 posts) -

Considering how well Wii Boxing works, I wouldn't be terribly excited about the prospect of another boxing game.

CelineDion
wii boxing is an awesome game.  The controls get some getting used to and admittedly the game should maybe be a little more forthright on the how the game engine works (eg- doing sweeping punches), but ultimately, there is nothing in that game that I cant do.  You have to remember that the controls do not just mimic the player.  The game has strict rules and limits and you'll be punished if you step past them.  eg, I've seen players just waving those things spastically fast, expecting the mii to do the same, which is stupid.  You have to use controlled, well placed shots.  Once you learn that you'll have a blast.