Where is the hype for Gears 5 here?

  • 114 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for sakaixx
#51 Posted by sakaiXx (5878 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@sakaixx said:

@i_p_daily: gears 5 is on pc.

AND on Xbox, and its believed to be that around 40 million of them are in the wild, but dead you say.

Again thanks for contradicting yourself and trying to get dav to do a hype thread when you're the one who created this thread to throw shade at lems, what a backfire on your part.

So put up a Gears hype thread or STFU lol.

Unfortunately for the studio its part of Xbox Games Studios which will forever associate it to the dead Xbox brand but hey, at least pc exist.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#52 Posted by I_P_Daily (12269 posts) -

@sakaixx said:
@i_p_daily said:
@sakaixx said:

@i_p_daily: gears 5 is on pc.

AND on Xbox, and its believed to be that around 40 million of them are in the wild, but dead you say.

Again thanks for contradicting yourself and trying to get dav to do a hype thread when you're the one who created this thread to throw shade at lems, what a backfire on your part.

So put up a Gears hype thread or STFU lol.

Unfortunately for the studio its part of Xbox Games Studios which will forever associate it to the dead Xbox brand but hey, at least pc exist.

Try putting that effort into your Gears 5 hype thread :)

Avatar image for carljohnsoncj
#53 Posted by carljohnsonCJ (496 posts) -

@davillain- Congrats on being a mod. You deserve it.

Avatar image for sakaixx
#54 Posted by sakaiXx (5878 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@sakaixx said:
@i_p_daily said:
@sakaixx said:

@i_p_daily: gears 5 is on pc.

AND on Xbox, and its believed to be that around 40 million of them are in the wild, but dead you say.

Again thanks for contradicting yourself and trying to get dav to do a hype thread when you're the one who created this thread to throw shade at lems, what a backfire on your part.

So put up a Gears hype thread or STFU lol.

Unfortunately for the studio its part of Xbox Games Studios which will forever associate it to the dead Xbox brand but hey, at least pc exist.

Try putting that effort into your Gears 5 hype thread :)

;)

Avatar image for cainetao11
#56 Edited by cainetao11 (36672 posts) -

@Archangel3371 said:

Well I’m very hyped for the game myself. 🤷‍♂️

Played the tech test and the game plays, looks, and sounds great. I will be picking up the Ultimate Edition day one.

Same here.

I just don't give a shit about this SW stuff much anymore to make a hype thread. I don't care what it scores here or anywhere else. It really doesn't add anything to my enjoyment of gaming as AnimalMother said to me years ago after he started to disappear from SW.

people are hyped

Avatar image for cainetao11
#57 Edited by cainetao11 (36672 posts) -

@getyeryayasout said:

I tried Gears 4 on Gamepass and wasn't compelled to put more than a few hours into it. Gears 5 is less exciting to me than that.

LOL I remember you telling me

Hey, I sure wasn't blown away by 4 but it was fun. What I find laughable is Uncharted4 is still just Uncharted. Double standard exists. People want to be what they see in the movies every summer and the audiences have grown up a bit since Rambo 2 and Commando so Gears isn't knocking the ball out with its scripts LOL

"Gears hasn't evolved" I read. What? A rope and a jeep with a winch = series evolving? Sure, LOL

Here's my take: ND make great games but aside from Uncharted 2 upon release did I think everything about the games were great? No, Even TLOU. Ive played games with way better stealth, way better crafting and way better hand 2 hand or TPS. What they do best is write character's dialogue, get the best performances from VO actors and animate the faces of characters to draw you into a compelling cutscene. Large setpiece moments are done great (like in Uncharted 2 being chased down a narrow street by a jeep) but its not like the gameplay is all that amazing. Its good and that's enough to keep one going from plot point to plot point.

I think this was much of @TheEroica complaints regarding Uncharted 4. Most of what it does amazing is movie-ish. The banter is as good as a great buddy action movie and VO'd as well, the story is fun summer action stuff. And this is what masses want. Gameplay doesn't have to evolve as long as it hits these marks. Gears admittedly doesn't.

I remember Rod Fergusson even saying something to the effect of when they were making Gears 4, they had a story but its Gears not TLOU we're writing. I dont believe 5 will be either but I definitely enjoy the TPS in Gears over Uncharted any day. Its a tighter experience. Lets face it bro, we had fun in U4 MP a couple times but nobody is playing it competitively for prize money. It doesnt stand up to Gears as a MP game. If people didnt notice in the stress test the shotgun and wall bouncing wont simply win anymore. The game has evolved.

Avatar image for Guy_Brohski
#58 Posted by Guy_Brohski (1960 posts) -

After Crackdown 3 and Days Gone flopping, I'm surprised people still care about hype threads..

But it is Gears so at least we know the MP should be top notch.

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#59 Posted by robert_sparkes (3218 posts) -

Days gone wasn't exactly a flop it was the fasted selling new ip. Sold well enough to get a sequel.

Avatar image for cainetao11
#60 Posted by cainetao11 (36672 posts) -

@robert_sparkes said:

Days gone wasn't exactly a flop it was the fasted selling new ip. Sold well enough to get a sequel.

Thats not how "flop" is defined in SW. It was a flop because an official hype thread takes the board's consensus on what Gamespot will score the game. If it comes in below that consensus it is a FLOP. Days Gone Flopped. Sales only matter to shareholders and employees.

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#61 Posted by robert_sparkes (3218 posts) -

Fair enough I'm sure Sony are pleased with it overall. Flops should be based on sales in my opinion.

Avatar image for Phreek300
#62 Posted by Phreek300 (656 posts) -

I hope it does well. 4 was a slight let down to be honest. It was like a 7ish in score. I hope 5 does better in the story department. I also hope that it takes advantage of the X's capabilities. Say like 4K 30FPS. That would be nice. But I will most likely just get it on PC. That is where most of my games end up. Hopefully 1440p at 60 in that department. If not 1080p is doable on high I would guess with the 1660 being recommended. So my overall hype level is moderate I guess.

Avatar image for getyeryayasout
#63 Edited by getyeryayasout (12382 posts) -

@cainetao11: The original three games buttoned it up for me and I'm apathetic regarding the series going forward.

We've talked about it before, I'm falling out of love with gaming and mostly just want to play smaller games these days.

That's right, I'm using George Costanza's 'It's me, not you.' defense, when it comes to breaking up with games.

On the plus side, I'm crushing my driver off the tee blocks and getting my Bobby Jones hybrids figured out. Still can't putt for shit. :P

Avatar image for madrocketeer
#64 Posted by madrocketeer (6625 posts) -

It... ...looks like a Gears of War game. What else is there to say? The game has given me zero reasons to get any more hyped about it than the previous Gears games, and I was not hyped for most of them either.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#65 Edited by BenjaminBanklin (4849 posts) -

@davillain-: I hope Control is at least decent. Hype seems like a strong word for that game though.

Avatar image for rrjim1
#66 Edited by rrjim1 (1744 posts) -

Really, who get Hyped for a video game!

Avatar image for evil_loli
#67 Posted by Evil_Loli (174 posts) -

I wouldn't say I'm hype but this will be my first Gears of War game I'll be playing on my Xbox One X and looking forward to what Gears is all about so bring on Gears 5.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#68 Posted by lundy86_4 (53598 posts) -

@evil_loli said:

I wouldn't say I'm hype but this will be my first Gears of War game I'll be playing on my Xbox One X and looking forward to what Gears is all about so bring on Gears 5.

You should play the original trilogy via BC. Fairly decent gaming, though the first suffers the most for being the first entry.

Avatar image for mave198
#69 Posted by mave198 (7261 posts) -

The filthy lemmings are wanting and are too scared to hype Gears in a effort not to jinx it.

Good luck Lems🤣🤣

TLHBO

Avatar image for evil_loli
#70 Posted by Evil_Loli (174 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:
@evil_loli said:

I wouldn't say I'm hype but this will be my first Gears of War game I'll be playing on my Xbox One X and looking forward to what Gears is all about so bring on Gears 5.

You should play the original trilogy via BC. Fairly decent gaming, though the first suffers the most for being the first entry.

Hmmm, I could always buy Gears of War Ultimate Edition for Xbox One and I did saw it for dirty cheap at Gamestop since I still shop their. Thanks for the suggestion.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#71 Posted by lundy86_4 (53598 posts) -

@evil_loli said:

Hmmm, I could always buy Gears of War Ultimate Edition for Xbox One and I did saw it for dirty cheap at Gamestop since I still shop their. Thanks for the suggestion.

For dirt cheap, they're definitely worth it.

Avatar image for MarkoftheSivak
#72 Posted by MarkoftheSivak (380 posts) -

I am just now playing through Gears 4 on my 1X, great game, amazing graphics.

But i don't rush out to play shooters, i'll probably eventually play Gears 5, but im in no rush to do so.

Avatar image for blueinheaven
#73 Posted by blueinheaven (4523 posts) -

I really like the Gears games apart from Judgement so I'm super hyped for it. I'm that weird guy who actually really liked 4 and I got a great deal on Gamepass Ultimate for quite a few months so I'll be playing it day 1.

Avatar image for cainetao11
#74 Posted by cainetao11 (36672 posts) -

@robert_sparkes: flops are based on sales in the board room. This is SW, a forum for fanboys to point fingers at each other because they were invading dedicated platform forums years ago.

The hype thread flop game is what it is here.

Avatar image for cainetao11
#75 Edited by cainetao11 (36672 posts) -

@getyeryayasout: $20 says a toke and a few trips to miniature golf and you’ll get your putting game going lol

I still love my gaming. I admit I don’t get into the non sense much anymore. A close friend enlightened me when she said, “Don’t try to educate or explain yourself to idiots, you’re not the fvckface whisperer”.

Avatar image for sakaixx
#76 Posted by sakaiXx (5878 posts) -

@rrjim1: uhh gamers anticipating the game?

Avatar image for mandzilla
#77 Posted by mandzilla (4144 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

@davillain-: Someone let you become a moderator, damn lems are a thing of the past now, and the cows and hermits are gonna overrun this place lol.

Oh don't wary. I'm still a GS user first before a Mod. Also, @mandzilla is now a Moderator as well, so she will ease you're pain :)

I don't mind zilla as he/she can take a joke and plays along.

I can't wait until you find who quacknights newest alt is and have to ban it LMFAO.

Not to worry, I'm the good cop!

Avatar image for davillain-
#78 Posted by DaVillain- (37412 posts) -

@sakaixx said:

Actually been watching gears 5 beta for a while and thought its really cool, but surprised by lack of hype from anyone everywhere in forums I frequented.

Do one please @davillain-, I am not really good at hyping stuff for thread. Highly interested in following the news of this game. Even on gears subreddit there is not much talk other than showing ink. not many posting new beta footage or if any talk, its about rage on the new division like modes.

Avatar image for thatdbfan
#79 Edited by ThatDBFan (403 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Do lems play games? I thought they only wanted Microsoft to keep burning cash to defeat Sony.

Do you still play Xbox games that you apparently hate?

Avatar image for kpenders17
#80 Edited by kpenders17 (4 posts) -

Looks great, definitely better than dookie games like Days Gone and Death Stranding.

Avatar image for pdogg93
#81 Posted by pdogg93 (1649 posts) -

@cainetao11: gears has not evolved whatsoever there bud. Uncharted 4 was an experience. Gears 4 was a slog to get through

Avatar image for kpenders17
#82 Posted by kpenders17 (4 posts) -

Uncharted 4 was just Uncharted 2 with a new coat of paint, no wonder that dogshit multiplayer died after a week Lmao

Avatar image for lordlobo
#83 Posted by LordLobo (4 posts) -

I played Gears 5 13 years ago. Why play it again?

Avatar image for cainetao11
#84 Edited by cainetao11 (36672 posts) -

@pdogg93: lol sure buddy

Avatar image for pdogg93
#85 Posted by pdogg93 (1649 posts) -

@cainetao11: not sure what you find funny? Are you telling me gears 4 was a critically acclaimed system selling title??

LOL

Avatar image for boxrekt
#86 Posted by BoxRekt (1995 posts) -

Game Pass fodder.

MS kills any hype for the game because no one really has to make an investment to play it.

MS isn't hyping the game because they know everyone will play it on their game for cheap services anyway and It will be a rental for 98% of the xbox guys in here.

Gears 5 won't require a personal investment in order to play it, so most don't feel invested enough to hype it. The xbox fanbase has become tone deaf to their own games. They'll simply play it when it comes out on Game Pass and move on.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#87 Posted by lundy86_4 (53598 posts) -

@boxrekt: In all fairness, can you prove anything of what you said?

Avatar image for Pedro
#88 Edited by Pedro (35379 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@boxrekt: In all fairness, can you prove anything of what you said?

Nope.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#89 Edited by lundy86_4 (53598 posts) -

@Pedro: Pretty much. It's just fly-by trolling. Dude just got off a break from SW, and is at the nonsensical shit again lol.

Avatar image for pdogg93
#90 Posted by pdogg93 (1649 posts) -

@boxrekt: honestly, you have a point. It feels to me like I don’t really care if I complete a gamepass game. I didn’t fork out the dough to outright purchase the game, so if it sucks, onto the next...

Avatar image for boxrekt
#91 Edited by BoxRekt (1995 posts) -
@lundy86_4 said:

@Pedro: Pretty much. It's just fly-by trolling. Dude just got off a break from SW, and is at the nonsensical shit again lol.

Your ignorance isn't my problem kid.

GOTY winners from the past 3 generations validate my opinion well enough.

You ask a question and then agree with the first fanboy who says what you want to believe?

Cool **** off and don't ask me any more questions about my opinion then.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#92 Posted by lundy86_4 (53598 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

Your ignorance isn't my problem kid.

GOTY winners from the past 3 generations validate my opinion well enough.

You ask a question and then agree with the first fanboy who says what you want to believe?

Cool **** off and don't ask me any questions about my opinion then.

So, where's the proof for your post? That was my initial question.

Avatar image for mazuiface
#93 Posted by mazuiface (907 posts) -

OP why don't you just make the hype thread yourself?

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#94 Posted by lundy86_4 (53598 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:
@boxrekt said:

Your ignorance isn't my problem kid.

GOTY winners from the past 3 generations validate my opinion well enough.

You ask a question and then agree with the first fanboy who says what you want to believe?

Cool **** off and don't ask me any questions about my opinion then.

So, where's the proof for your post? That was my initial question.

Hello?

Avatar image for sakaixx
#95 Posted by sakaiXx (5878 posts) -

@mazuiface said:

OP why don't you just make the hype thread yourself?

mazui

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#96 Edited by BenjaminBanklin (4849 posts) -

@thatdbfan said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Do lems play games? I thought they only wanted Microsoft to keep burning cash to defeat Sony.

Do you still play Xbox games that you apparently hate?

Do you still play Xbox games everyone else hates? AHEM~seaofthievescrackdown3stateofdecay2~AHEM

Avatar image for davillain-
#97 Posted by DaVillain- (37412 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@boxrekt said:

Your ignorance isn't my problem kid.

GOTY winners from the past 3 generations validate my opinion well enough.

You ask a question and then agree with the first fanboy who says what you want to believe?

Cool **** off and don't ask me any questions about my opinion then.

So, where's the proof for your post? That was my initial question.

Hello?

Looks like he bailed out lol.

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#98 Edited by robert_sparkes (3218 posts) -

It's strange they haven't showed any of the campaign which has me kind of worried. I think gears just doesn't have that appeal like it used to on 360.

Avatar image for cainetao11
#100 Posted by cainetao11 (36672 posts) -

@pdogg93: you. I find you hilarious.