uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Starwars is in an odd position. It's both went into the shitter, yet somehow being redeemed at the same time, very much like a man who deeply dislikes sand.

EA managed to miraculously salvage their car-crash by "making a game" that wasn't a "scam" wrapped around a "game", while at the same time The Mandalorian is keeping Starwars credible after the misadventures of Mary Sue came to a disastrous end as blew up Mumm Ra The Ever Living.

Where do we go from here my friends? Should EA keep shitting out Fallen Order sequels until that well is ...well... and truly poisoned?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58304 Posts

To the fracking Old Republic. Make that shit canon!

• Give me Knights of the Old Republic 3
  • Pump some life into Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO or make another Star Wars MMO

As far as Star Wars as most people know it (Episode 1 through 9):

• Make Tie Fighter 2; there is plenty of interest in flight sims to make it profitable.
  • Make X-Wing 2: see above
  • Make a stealth game based on the Rebels show where you sneak around, loot supplies, and stealthily take down Imperials and other baddies.
  • Total War: Star Wars. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I'd get 500 hours out of that easy.
  • Star Wars turn-based tactics game a la XCOM
  • Star Wars real-time tactics ala Ground Control, World in Conflict, etc.
  • Make another Dark Forces FPS for pete's sake. Kyle Katarn deserves to be canon!
  • Ride on the coattails of The Mandalorian and make a bounty hunter game. Hell you can make it like Hitman where you get "contracts" and go after people, except instead of sneaking around you light them on fire and shoot rockets and cable-lassos and all kinds of gadgetry at them.
  • A Star Wars RPG in the vein of Divinity: Original Sin. The rules would translate so insanely well it's not even funny. All kinds of classes to play, alignments to dabble in (Dark, Light, and Grey alignment), well-written main quest with good side quests, travel to various planets and explore, and so on.

There is so so so so so much stuff to be done with Star Wars, either as fresh IP's or reimagings of previous games, it's ridiculous. Swear to god, EA getting the Star Wars license was the worst thing that could happen to the franchise after Kennedy being put in charge of Lucasarts.

They have a license to print money and make a great product at the same time (a win-win if I've ever seen it), but somehow they just end up making mediocre games (Fallen Order excluded).

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Far corner of the galaxy, where the story can be more self-contained.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

They should go back to the time when the Sith were more prevalent, like even before the Kotor days.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

Other than KOTOR, which I don't think is ever going to happen, there's a lot of potential for Star Wars games, but I don't think EA is ever going to properly capitalize on the IP. They're just at such odds with what their fans actually want, and it's been persistent since the end of last gen.

Personally, my dream project is a game where you play as Darth Vader in the aftermath of Revenge of the Sith and have a story about Darth Vader coming into his own, the same way the Kylo Ren story was originally set up. A villain story where you play as the most notorious antagonist in film history (fight me) would be so badass. (sidebar, didn't one of the Disney XD cartoons essentially tell this story, though? I never watched them, so I'm not sure)

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Let me play as baby Yoda, developing my skills and powers over time. That shit would be awesome.

The Mandalorian is the only thing keeping Star Wars relevant atm, and the coming Obi Wan series should be legit as well.

Not sure what they should do in the game genre...they never quite meet expectation.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

The garbage bin

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Fallen Order should prove to EA that Star Wars benefits from a multi-faceted approach to game development and genres. Stop trying to shove MTs into everything, and address what gamers want.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lundy86_4  Online
@mrbojangles25 said:

To the fracking Old Republic. Make that shit canon!

Apparently Revan was made canon via Disney, with a reference in Ep IX with a Legion being named after him. Hopefully this forces EA to build upon that shit, because KotOR is just stupidly good.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

Funny you mention Dead Space... I was thinking it would be cool if EA had Respawn revive the series.

would like to see Force Unleashed 3. Same concept as the first 2 , just good.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts

After the last movie, I don't have the energy to give a shit about where Star Wars goes anymore. If they make something good out of it, that's great. I'm always up for a fun SW game if it happens. But I'd think I'd be a lot happier person if I stopped riding the hype trails for this franchise that seems to let me down more often than not.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By uninspiredcup

@BenjaminBanklin said:

After the last movie, I don't have the energy to give a shit about where Star Wars goes anymore. If they make something good out of it, that's great. I'm always up for a fun SW game if it happens. But I'd think I'd be a lot happier person if I stopped riding the hype trails for this franchise that seems to let me down more often than not.

New Dune movie incoming, assuming they don't mess it up we could (at least potentially) see an influx of games from them.

That would be great, it's a cooler universe than Star Wars, bat shit insane.

Dude turns into a worm god.

Loading Video...

ulfrinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ulfrinn
Member since 2019 • 158 Posts

I'd rather the old republic remained out of Disney's crosshairs after seeing the disgusting work they did on the recent movies. I can picture them making Revan "gender fluid" or some other "non binary" crap hoping to score social points. Disney killed Star Wars in my opinion. Play SWTOR if you want a continuation of KOTOR.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Fallen Order should prove to EA that Star Wars benefits from a multi-faceted approach to game development and genres. Stop trying to shove MTs into everything, and address what gamers want.

Jedi Fallen Order sold well from what I heard and got lots of praises s the best well written Star Wars in a long time, it put episode 9 to shame. It's also been reported Respawn is hiring people for a Jedi Fallen Order sequel so we'll be getting a second game soon.

It's a great game when I played it on PC. But it needed more, more side-quest, a living city or market where you can go and relax without rushing the story. More things to do. When the game is done, it's done. I did however replay it 3 times already, best Star Wars SP game in a very long time since Force Unleashed 2.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 uninspiredcup

@harrycharles254 said:

Can anyone tell me star wars game system requirements?

Radeon 9800 PRO

512mb ram

Cyrix MII PR300

Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7.

2 GB HD space.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts
@hitmanactual said:

The Mandalorian is the only thing keeping Star Wars relevant atm.

What about Jedi: Fallen Order?

A huge hit and everyone is talking about it.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@hitmanactual said:

The Mandalorian is the only thing keeping Star Wars relevant atm.

What about Jedi: Fallen Order?

A huge hit and everyone is talking about it.

Yes it has, but I don't think to the extent that if you think Star Wars, JFO comes immediately to mind...maybe if you're a gamer it would, but to the general public it is probably just that new Star Wars game that's supposed to be good.

Not seeing the internet flooded with memes of characters from JFO, unlike Baby Yoda who is everywhere.

And yes I'm a Baby Yoda fan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebd39d683340
deactivated-5ebd39d683340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 deactivated-5ebd39d683340
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/star-wars/2019/11/25/20978320/the-mandalorian-video-game-comparison-disney-plus-fetch-quest-armor-upgrade

The Mandalorian is essentially already a video game. Might as well give Respawn the oppertunity to make it in a video game...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Fallen order is a mediocre game in star wars skin.

Fallen order doesn't do anything particularly well, and there are tons of games that do everything it tries to do better

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

How about no more sequels to a half-assed game that is wagon-hopping a trendy genre.

Fallen Order was a good change of pace for EA, but it's not a good game, and soulsborne saturation will be the downfall of the genre. It's not something that can be monetized like competitive shooters, so the only way they can keep making money (and you know EA is really good at that) is to just pump the series with DLC and sequels.

Fallen Order will suffer the same fate as Mass Effect if EA keeps riding it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Uh, in a galaxy far, far away...

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Maybe go on some sort of Trek

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7269 Posts

I think both games and movies should experiment with more genres. EA is a big company with studios that could make rpgs, strategy, racing and any other type of games. Freaking do that.

Same with the movies. They're going to be making them till the end of time, gotta to keepthings fresh somehow.

-How about a psychological thriller following someone with latent force powers being tormented by the dark side.

-War epic during or pre Old Republic era with large-scale Jedi on Sith battles.

-Buddy cop comedy anout an officer and their droid assistant in Prequel era Corisant.

-Rian Jonson just made a pretty good whodoneit. Have him make one in the Star Wars universe.

Most of these wouldn't need $200 million budgets, but would still do alright just from the name. Even Solo brought in $400 million, and no one was asking for that movie.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@judaspete: I like the way you think

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lundy86_4  Online

@judaspete said:

I would give both testicles for this...

flipclic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 flipclic
Member since 2004 • 271 Posts
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I want to see a Mandalorian game like the Arkham series developed by Rocksteady, or a game like TLOU developed by ND that follows the rise of a Jedi.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

it will be run into the ground just like marvel.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

**** if I know. After some more milking until completely dry, my guess is that it will fade in a few years. I would personally like if they stopped beating the dead horse already, but there's still money to milk.

Who knows, it might get another surge of popularity with The Mandalorian and Jedi: Fallen Order and prosper again. But the people who now own Star Wars fucking suck at Star Wars. I'd rather see it dead.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 judaspete

@xantufrog said:

@judaspete: I like the way you think

Thanks.

@lundy86_4 said:
@judaspete said:

I would give both testicles for this...

Ha! The Game of Thrones guys would have been perfect for this. Even after season 8 fell a little flat, I was still disappointed when their trilogy got canceled.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#32  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Star Wars is like the Call of Duty of movie franchises. Pump one out every year even if they are garbage so they can milk the fans. Only Star Wars game I would care for would be Kotor 3 and the developer who made it is a shell of its former self, so I don't see it happening.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@iambatman7986 said:

Star Wars is like the Call of Duty of movie franchises. Pump one out every year even if they are garbage so they can milk the fans. Only Star Wars game I would care for would be Kotor 3 and the developer who made it is a shell of its former self, so I don't see it happening.

So like all media. That's the point otherwise what's the point?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 judaspete

@iambatman7986: How would you feel about the Divinity team making a new KotOR after they finish Baulder's Gate 3?

Speaking of wishful thinking, let Obsidian do it.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

I'm sorry but i couldn't care any less for a new KotoR game ... is just not my cup of tea ... at least not for Star Wars.

What i really want is another Rogue Squadron, well it doesn't matter if is not Rogue Squadron, i just want another great space battle game in the Star Wars Universe, that's one of my favorite things in the franchise but sadly, is also one of the least explored ones.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

As a franchise, Star Wars is dead. There is no redeeming the movies with people like Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson being promised another trilogy. Worst of all, the next trilogy starts in less than 2 years and is going to alternate every 2 years after.

That’s not enough time betwee. trilogies to let the stench dry out from The Last Jedi.

Yes, The Mandolorian is a huge success because the guys behind the marvel movies were in charge and made something truly Star Wars.

As for the rest, it’s hard to bring back the success Star Wars once had when George Lucas/Disney killed of the extended universe and said none of it was canon. That was a huge blow that we still have not recovered from.

Disney needs to admit they screwed up, fire Rian Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy and shelve the Star Wars movies for 10 years.

Keep the TV shows, games, cartoons and comics going until a new generation is ready to be introduced to Star Wars movies.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#37 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

Make Jedis rare and mythical again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebd39d683340
deactivated-5ebd39d683340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5ebd39d683340
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

Mandalorian game made by Dice or Respawn, Mandalorian season 2, Rian Johnson trilogy that goes in a 100% different direction than before and I am SW happy.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@uninspiredcup:

SW Fallen Order (canon story) was a good seller.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/11/26/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-two-week-sales/

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order' broke multiple sales records for EA

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts
@ajstyles said:

As a franchise, Star Wars is dead. There is no redeeming the movies with people like Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson being promised another trilogy. Worst of all, the next trilogy starts in less than 2 years and is going to alternate every 2 years after.

That’s not enough time betwee. trilogies to let the stench dry out from The Last Jedi.

Yes, The Mandolorian is a huge success because the guys behind the marvel movies were in charge and made something truly Star Wars.

As for the rest, it’s hard to bring back the success Star Wars once had when George Lucas/Disney killed of the extended universe and said none of it was canon. That was a huge blow that we still have not recovered from.

Disney needs to admit they screwed up, fire Rian Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy and shelve the Star Wars movies for 10 years.

Keep the TV shows, games, cartoons and comics going until a new generation is ready to be introduced to Star Wars movies.

Mandolorian's show runners (e.g. Dave Filoni, Christopher Lee Yost) has brought in George Lucas.

George Lucas has stated Dave Filoni is "like a son to him".

Christopher Lee Yost (born February 21, 1973) is an American film, animation, and comic book writer best known as the head writer of the Marvel Comics animated series The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and co-writer (with his frequent collaborator Craig Kyle) of the comic book series X-23: Innocence Lost, X-23: Target X, New X-Men, X-Force, and Scarlet Spider (volume 2). Yost was a member of the Marvel Writers Program and has worked as a screenwriter for Marvel Studios' Marvel Cinematic Universe with Thor: The Dark World (2013) and Thor: Ragnarok (2017).

mumunaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mumunaro
Member since 2015 • 162 Posts

Turn-based tactics games based on the Clone Wars.

You lead a group of special Clone Trooper forces with Jedi detachment and undertake recon/assassination/search and destroy etc.

You operate behind the lines and have to manage resources as well as working for factions that gives you benefits or opens up more missions. Maybe you can recruit smugglers, assassins, marksman, engineers, informants etc etc.

That would be a game id play for hundreds of hours.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#42 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

Give me an Imperial Commando Game!

Lucasfilm is apparently restrictive on Jedi being in the video games, see front page of GS for the story, so Imperial Commando would be perfect.