When will PC have a big exclusive to brag about?

  • 81 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#1 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24256 posts) -

I own Sony, Nintendo and PC gaming platforms. I've been a bit spoiled by Sony and Nintendo. There is always some exclusive to look forward to. I'm pretty sure Last of Us 2 is coming out this year and that is a big one. Nintendo is giving us another Zelda this year along with some other titles. But PC? What big exclusive is there? The only thing I could think of Star Citizen and that game has been in development forever. Who knows when that will come out if ever

So what do you say, SW? When will PC have a big exclusive to brag about? Or are those days over?

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#2 Posted by lundy86_4 (53342 posts) -

I'd say this is a nice try, but people will bite regardless.

Avatar image for davillain-
#3 Posted by DaVillain- (36864 posts) -

LOL nice try SolidGame. Do better next time.

Avatar image for jasonofa36
#4 Posted by JasonOfA36 (1283 posts) -

Been done to death in this forum already.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#5 Posted by I_P_Daily (12018 posts) -

Damn 1 and a half hermits have shut this down already lol, you suck unsolidgame-verybasic lol.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#6 Edited by SolidGame_basic (24256 posts) -

@i_p_daily:

@davillain-:

@lundy86_4:

So what big PC exclusive are you looking forward to?

Avatar image for schu
#7 Posted by schu (10051 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: Valve Index is about to drop.

Avatar image for Sam3231
#8 Posted by Sam3231 (2566 posts) -

PC hasn't had a good exclusive since Dota 2.

Avatar image for davillain-
#9 Posted by DaVillain- (36864 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: Let little ol DaVillain educate you something since you have a PC right?

These days, AAA just means high budget. If you had a high budget for your game, would you only keep it on PC? I wouldn't. That would just be dumb. I'd release it on every platform I could. The only reason any AAA game is exclusive is because MS/Sony/Nintendo pays a lot of money to have those games exclusive to their systems but at least MS now gets it and share their games on PC, which by the way, they get high praise for doing this. PC doesn't have such a company backing them, unless you consider MS whom is in control of the Xbox as well.

I personally don't understand why they have to have AAA exclusives. Exclusives are bad for the consumers. It just means you don't get to play something unless you own all systems. Why would anyone want that? Oh, wait...that's right. It's because you want to gloat at the other system owners that they don't have such and such game.

Avatar image for GarGx1
#10 Posted by GarGx1 (10928 posts) -
@davillain- said:

@SolidGame_basic: Let little ol DaVillain educate you something since you have a PC right?

These days, AAA just means high budget. If you had a high budget for your game, would you only keep it on PC? I wouldn't. That would just be dumb. I'd release it on every platform I could. The only reason any AAA game is exclusive is because MS/Sony/Nintendo pays a lot of money to have those games exclusive to their systems but at least MS now gets it and share their games on PC, which by the way, they get high praise for doing this. PC doesn't have such a company backing them, unless you consider MS whom is in control of the Xbox as well.

I personally don't understand why they have to have AAA exclusives. Exclusives are bad for the consumers. It just means you don't get to play something unless you own all systems. Why would anyone want that? Oh, wait...that's right. It's because you want to gloat at the other system owners that they don't have such and such game.

All very true but I am looking forward to Total War: Three Kingdoms next month and Mechwarrior 5 in September.

Avatar image for davillain-
#11 Posted by DaVillain- (36864 posts) -

@GarGx1: I too looking forward to Total War: Three Kingdoms as well. Still on the fence for Mechwarrior 5 though. Will need to see more before I make a purchase.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#12 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24256 posts) -

@davillain-: I've read on SW that PC has a huge market. It shouldn't be a problem for someone like Valve to make a game like Half life 3 that fully utilizes PC power and isn't limited by consoles. I also think that Sony and Nintendo have given us great games because of competition and exclusivity which is good for us gamers. Wouldn't you agree?

Avatar image for rzxv04
#13 Posted by rzxv04 (686 posts) -

Most PC gamers I know and I'd assume the majority love mmorpgs, f2ps, mobas, etc. moreso than AAA console games like Souls, Uncharted, Gears, etc.

Don't think they really need one.

I also don't think they'll have one anytime soon as big devs seem to build a lot of products targetting base trending consoles first.

If it ever happens, might be more VR, indi related rather than something like a "true" Crysis 1 successor.

Avatar image for locopatho
#14 Posted by locopatho (23597 posts) -

Into The Breach was better than that 99.99% of console games last year, if not GOTY.

Total War (any of them), if you insist on AAA.

Tropico 6 just dropped, is fantastic, and won't be on consoles for a year I think.

Ditto new Anno, and that won't be on console at all.

Etc. Too easy.

Avatar image for nfamouslegend
#15 Posted by NfamousLegend (365 posts) -

Life of Black Tiger 2 and Litchdom Battlemage Redux.

Avatar image for MonsieurX
#16 Posted by MonsieurX (39121 posts) -

What metric is used to determine a "big exclusive"?

Marketing?

Budget?

Sales?

MC score?

GOTY titles?

Avatar image for warmblur
#17 Edited by warmblur (2505 posts) -

It's called VR porn.

Avatar image for NoodleFighter
#18 Posted by NoodleFighter (10316 posts) -

Just gonna leave these here

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Avatar image for rzxv04
#19 Posted by rzxv04 (686 posts) -

@warmblur said:

It's called VR porn.

Might be controversial but sounds like that has a devil of a potential given enough time.

Avatar image for jasonofa36
#20 Posted by JasonOfA36 (1283 posts) -

This PC stealth bashing thread is hilarious. I know, TC. You don't like PC gaming. Most PC gamers don't even care about exclusives. Hell, I wish PC exclusives like some indies gets released for consoles so other people can enjoy it too.

Plus, no one entity owns PC. Unlike Sony, MS or Ninty who can throw money to make exclusives for their platforms.

Avatar image for son-goku7523
#21 Posted by Son-Goku7523 (955 posts) -

If Star Citizen ever gets released then that will be the game to brag about. I'm in the Alpha and it's pretty amazing what they've done with it even in this early stage..

Loading Video...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Avatar image for Pedro
#22 Posted by Pedro (34904 posts) -

WOW. When a you are fanboy more than a gamer you look for games to "brag" about. LMAO. Typical Sony fanny.

Avatar image for davillain-
#23 Posted by DaVillain- (36864 posts) -

@jasonofa36 said:

This PC stealth bashing thread is hilarious. I know, TC. You don't like PC gaming. Most PC gamers don't even care about exclusives. Hell, I wish PC exclusives like some indies gets released for consoles so other people can enjoy it too.

Plus, no one entity owns PC. Unlike Sony, MS or Ninty who can throw money to make exclusives for their platforms.

I build my PC to play everything on the highest quality as possible and for it's open-house freedom. Not to just play AAA title only. AAA, AA, doesn't matter to me, I buy and play games that interest me and nothing more/less.

Avatar image for br0kenrabbit
#24 Edited by br0kenrabbit (16066 posts) -

@NoodleFighter said:

Just gonna leave these here

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Avatar image for jasonofa36
#25 Posted by JasonOfA36 (1283 posts) -
@davillain- said:
@jasonofa36 said:

This PC stealth bashing thread is hilarious. I know, TC. You don't like PC gaming. Most PC gamers don't even care about exclusives. Hell, I wish PC exclusives like some indies gets released for consoles so other people can enjoy it too.

Plus, no one entity owns PC. Unlike Sony, MS or Ninty who can throw money to make exclusives for their platforms.

I build my PC to play everything on the highest quality as possible and for it's open-house freedom. Not to just play AAA title only. AAA, AA, doesn't matter to me, I buy and play games that interest me and nothing more/less.

That's the beauty of PC gaming, its flexibility.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#26 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24256 posts) -

@jasonofa36: not sure how you deduced that I don't like PC gaming. I wrote that I game on PC and that I would like to see games that fully utilize PC power instead of being limited by consoles.

@MonsieurX: not literally big, but in terms of hype and build up and general excitement.

Avatar image for Gatygun
#27 Edited by Gatygun (1519 posts) -
@SolidGame_basic said:

@davillain-: I've read on SW that PC has a huge market. It shouldn't be a problem for someone like Valve to make a game like Half life 3 that fully utilizes PC power and isn't limited by consoles. I also think that Sony and Nintendo have given us great games because of competition and exclusivity which is good for us gamers. Wouldn't you agree?

Every game uses the full power of da PC bra.

Also anno 1800 just released.

Sadly for console people, PC gamers don't really consider exclusives on consoles to be any games to start with. It's either on PC or it doesn't exist.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#28 Posted by freedomfreak (51197 posts) -

Avatar image for djoffer
#29 Posted by djoffer (1366 posts) -

So noodlefighter basically owned op and op goes on to pretend it never happened, lol just another fail day on SW...

Anyway every new game you get on your crappy consoles, that isn’t a reskinned uncharted is basically thanks to pc, so yeah guess you can take any big game that isn’t asscred 25 or FPS shooter 27 and you will find it started on pc and hence takes full advantage of the pc power..

Avatar image for Dark_sageX
#30 Posted by Dark_sageX (3419 posts) -

NoodleFighterWins...FATALITY!!

Avatar image for warmblur
#31 Edited by warmblur (2505 posts) -

I find bragging silly but I'll admit PC don't have the awesome AAA FPS exclusives like it use to and that is a problem I play on PS4 too so I don't consider myself a fanboy on either system. But I still prefer PC over PS4 for my primary choice of gaming PS4 is great for it's exclusives that's about it. Everything else PC can do and does it better and you don't have to pay for online and cloud saves also if you're into VR PC is the way to go. Not only does it look much better but you can also play older games in VR which is awesome like GTAV, Mirror's Edge, F.E.A.R., Bioshock ect.... there's also emulators and pretty much every game ever made is backwards compatible so there's some bragging I guess.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#32 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24256 posts) -
@djoffer said:

So noodlefighter basically owned op and op goes on to pretend it never happened, lol just another fail day on SW...

Anyway every new game you get on your crappy consoles, that isn’t a reskinned uncharted is basically thanks to pc, so yeah guess you can take any big game that isn’t asscred 25 or FPS shooter 27 and you will find it started on pc and hence takes full advantage of the pc power..

Well, wasn't going to say anything, but it was clear from his list, even just glancing at some of the games, that they aren't PC exclusives... and a number of them don't have a clear release date or any real hype behind them.. but again, I didn't want to turn this into a bashing thread. Just asking where the big PC exclusive is that everyone is clamoring for..

Avatar image for djoffer
#33 Posted by djoffer (1366 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: yawn your bait is weak...

Avatar image for Litchie
#34 Edited by Litchie (24013 posts) -

We have the best versions of multiplats, as opposed to many exclusive PC games. Not sure what else you want. AAA Sony movie games? Yeah, I'd rather have them stay on Sony platforms so I can avoid them properly.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#35 Posted by uninspiredcup (33635 posts) -

If a games popular and no one is holding your wrist it's just logical to go multiplat.

*shrug*

Not complicated.

Avatar image for knight-k
#36 Posted by knight-k (2600 posts) -

Lol at hermits posting shitty indie games.

You can't fool us beggar race, how many GOTY's did you win these last years?! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Avatar image for Lucianu
#37 Posted by Lucianu (10347 posts) -
@SolidGame_basic said:

I own Sony, Nintendo and PC gaming platforms. I've been a bit spoiled by Sony and Nintendo. There is always some exclusive to look forward to. I'm pretty sure Last of Us 2 is coming out this year and that is a big one. Nintendo is giving us another Zelda this year along with some other titles. But PC? What big exclusive is there? The only thing I could think of Star Citizen and that game has been in development forever. Who knows when that will come out if ever

So what do you say, SW? When will PC have a big exclusive to brag about? Or are those days over?

Its exclusive 'feature' is its customizability options; hardware & software, specifically software in this case. The strength of PC gaming lies within the opportunity of having the ability, the actual choice of engaging in additional free content for a substantial amount of video games present on that platform. And i'll never understand why uninformed individuals grossly underestimate and downright dismiss this choice.

Unlike consoles variants which age like shit (and so will everything on the PS4 - Bloodborne remaining exclusive is a sin, that game is one janky piece of shit because of its horrible framerate and framepacing, issues that wouldn't exist on PC), the exclusive games on PC are forever relevant, eternally "ageless" as long as there's a modding community for it; for example, S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl has thousands of hours of content released as recent as 2019. I personally just made a package for the game that practically is a free remaster - and there's nothing complicated about it. You just drop it and go, 2 minutes. Bam, and this is how you make a 12 year old game look.

How do games released on consoles in 2007 look? or play? Do they play at 1440p, 75 FPS? No?

Anyway, my point is - If you knew PC gaming, you'd acknowledge the advantage of the capability of modding, regardless whether you appreciate it or not. You clearly don't.

Avatar image for drlostrib
#38 Edited by DrLostRib (4970 posts) -

Sooo the dude who bragged about shilling for the vita in real life, is going to go after another platform for not having "big exclusives"?

Good stuff

Avatar image for with_teeth26
#39 Posted by with_teeth26 (9543 posts) -

I've been having just as much fun with Anno 1800 this past week as any game i've played this year. Its a full-priced game published by Ubisoft so I think that qualifies it as "AAA" and it might be the most fun i've ever had with a city builder.

Total War: Three Kingdoms is coming out in a month as well.

but they are not third-person story driven action games and require the use of your brain so I guess they don't count.

Avatar image for NoodleFighter
#40 Posted by NoodleFighter (10316 posts) -
@SolidGame_basic said:
@djoffer said:

So noodlefighter basically owned op and op goes on to pretend it never happened, lol just another fail day on SW...

Anyway every new game you get on your crappy consoles, that isn’t a reskinned uncharted is basically thanks to pc, so yeah guess you can take any big game that isn’t asscred 25 or FPS shooter 27 and you will find it started on pc and hence takes full advantage of the pc power..

Well, wasn't going to say anything, but it was clear from his list, even just glancing at some of the games, that they aren't PC exclusives... and a number of them don't have a clear release date or any real hype behind them.. but again, I didn't want to turn this into a bashing thread. Just asking where the big PC exclusive is that everyone is clamoring for..

So which ones aren't PC exclusive then? Even if they aren't they're still coming out on PC first and at least a year later on consoles since none of them have confirmed console releases. Some of them don't have a clear release date yet you list TLOU2 which doesn't even have one yet and the new Zelda game has an ambiguous 2019 release date which in this day and age likely means its going to get a delay if they don't announce a specific date soon.

Total War: Three Kingdoms is undeniably a big PC exclusive. Imperator: Rome is another one. In The Valley Of Gods is now a Valve game so that makes it even bigger in turns of attention it will get. MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries is another big release for PC this year. Lost Ark is near full release in Korea the devs/pubs are now looking forward to releasing in the West and a Russian version is already on the way. The game has over 350,000 concurrent players in Korea. Project BBQ is a sequel/spin off of Dungeon Fighter Online which is in the top 5 of most played games in the world. Crossfire is the most played FPS in the world. The singleplayer for Crossfire HD and Crossfire 2 is being developed by Remedy Entertainment with a $40+ million deal. Risk Of Rain 2 has sold 650,000 copies in its first week. The Mordhau trailer I linked is only 5 days old but has 285,000 views. The Hell Let Loose trailer linked is 4 months old with 409,000 views. Wolcen: Lords Of Mayhem trailer I linked is almost a month old with 165k views. GTFO reveal trailer had around 300k views before becoming a year old, now currently at 380k. Project TL is a Lineage game and the Lineage franchise is massive with millions of players and making hundreds of millions a year. Russia 2055 got retweeted by Hideo Kojima and its trailers are sitting at 138k and 249k views while being 3 and 6 months old. Dragon Hound gameplay reveal video has 260k views and is 5 months old. The Ready Or Not video I linked has over 2 million views and only a month old. Kurtzpel shows up in a bunch F2P/MMO youtube channels and some these videos range from 100,000 to 600,000 views. Not to mention anime channels than mention it as their sponsored product. No More Room in hell 2 is a sequel to the hit mod No More Room In Hell which has over 7 million players.

So it looks to me that PC has megaton AAAs, normal AAAs and a bunch of AAs and As/indies that people are looking forward to. Speaking of which there are couple of others I forgot to list. People already mentioned Anno 1800 but some others are Amazon's upcoming MMO New World and Hytale made by Hypixel Studios and funded by Riot Games. The Hytale trailer has over 47 million views and is only 4 months old. I think it just about stomps on every upcoming console exclusive in terms of hype if we go by that.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Avatar image for thehig1
#41 Posted by thehig1 (7297 posts) -

@with_teeth26: agree about Anno best city builder ive ever played and my current game of the year.

Avatar image for Ant_17
#42 Posted by Ant_17 (12534 posts) -

When Star Citizen comes out. Oh wait, that genre is dead. Maybe when Sims 5 comes out.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#43 Posted by Blackhairedhero (3233 posts) -

He's asking a valid question.

Avatar image for pinkribbonscars
#44 Posted by PinkRibbonScars (69 posts) -

I can't remember the last time I played a PC exclusive, let alone a good one

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#45 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24256 posts) -

@NoodleFighter: In the Valley of Gods isn't PC exclusive. GTFO isn't PC exclusive. "Russia 2055" - according to this article, doesn't show a platform http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/10/this_russia_2055_trailer_shared_by_hideo_kojima_is_suspicious and there is very little info on it. Hytale looks like a game for kids lol, not something I would brag about for myself, but good for you if you enjoy it. MechWarrior seems interesting, but it seems like the hype is low there. There hasn't been a MechWarrior game in such a long time. I don't see anyone here really hyping that up. Amazon's new game doesn't have much info either. This video is just 10 minutes of walking around: https://www.gamespot.com/videos/10-minutes-of-new-world-gameplay-amazons-take-on-t/2300-6448332/

@blackhairedhero said:

He's asking a valid question.

Thanks.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
#46 Posted by PC_Rocks (2446 posts) -

@NoodleFighter:

Why the hell are you wasting your time? You know you can't convince them no matter what. I mean the following is pure gold coming from a cow:

This video is just 10 minutes of walking around

Avatar image for DragonfireXZ95
#47 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25350 posts) -
@pc_rocks said:

@NoodleFighter:

Why the hell are you wasting your time? You know you can't convince them no matter what. I mean the following is pure gold coming from a cow:

This video is just 10 minutes of walking around

That is quite ironic now that you point it out. Lol

Avatar image for NoodleFighter
#48 Posted by NoodleFighter (10316 posts) -
@pc_rocks said:

@NoodleFighter:

Why the hell are you wasting your time? You know you can't convince them no matter what. I mean the following is pure gold coming from a cow:

This video is just 10 minutes of walking around

The amount of nitpicking and goalpost moving is amusing to watch. I like that he goes out of his way to get a clip of that yet ignore videos of the game's combat and siege warfare. I like how all the others cows straight up ignore the list as if it isn't there.

Avatar image for pinkribbonscars
#49 Posted by PinkRibbonScars (69 posts) -

That huge list of shovelware does nothing but prove OPs point

Avatar image for br0kenrabbit
#50 Posted by br0kenrabbit (16066 posts) -

@pinkribbonscars said:

I can't remember the last time I played a PC exclusive, let alone a good one

Don't like cerebral games, hunh? I bet if you played a game where you had to use a real-life notebook and pencil you'd just go outside.