when will MS dump the 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

antibanner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 antibanner
Member since 2009 • 176 Posts

things for MS are not bad, but 360 if far from beating the ps3 even with that one year advantage.....

maybe a new soldier is coming and as the "playstation father" said, 360 only went after ps2

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts

things for MS are not bad, but 360 if far from beating the ps3 even with that one year advantage.....

maybe a new soldier is coming and as the "playstation father" said, 360 only went after ps2

antibanner
Huh?
Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts
i don't know selling 30 million and having the highest software attach rate is quite an achievement. They are in a comfortable position, they have no chance of beating the wii, and the ps3 doesn't look to be overtaking it anytime soon. i expect a new one to release in late 2011- early 2013.
MacaroniMoses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MacaroniMoses
Member since 2003 • 682 Posts
"far from beating the PS3"? Oh you calves...
antibanner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 antibanner

i don't know selling 30 million and having the highest software attach rate is quite an achievement. They are in a comfortable position, they have no chance of beating the wii, and the ps3 doesn't look to be overtaking it anytime soon. i expect a new one to release in late 2011- early 2013.Mckenna1845

more than what i expected, i expect the xbox 2 to see the light around 2010-2011, but it could be the last decision MS makes on the gaming industry

antibanner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 antibanner

"far from beating the PS3"? Oh you calves...MacaroniMoses

it sells more yes..but its cheaper also, thats not beating...

Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts

[QUOTE="Mckenna1845"]i don't know selling 30 million and having the highest software attach rate is quite an achievement. They are in a comfortable position, they have no chance of beating the wii, and the ps3 doesn't look to be overtaking it anytime soon. i expect a new one to release in late 2011- early 2013.antibanner

more than what i expected, i expect the xbox 2 to see the light around 2010-2011, but it could be the last decision MS makes on the gaming industry

yeah 2013 may be a little late, more like mid 2011- early 2012, they won't announce it this year, so a mid 2010 announcement would set it up for a 2011 launch.
Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

[QUOTE="MacaroniMoses"]"far from beating the PS3"? Oh you calves...antibanner

the PS3 is beating the Wii and 360 cuz it's more expensive? lol

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17466 Posts

ok, so whats "beating"?? Selling more software?? - check Having the highest attach rate??? - check Most and Highest rated games (yes 360/PC games count)?? - check Gaming division in the black?? - check More marketshare?? - check How many ways of "beating" do you need??
lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts

[QUOTE="lhughey"][QUOTE="antibanner"]

aliasfreak

Huh?

If you give 1000 monkeys 1000 computers, you eventually get something like this.

No kidding. GS should have a test before allowing people to post. I'm not the english police, but this is ridiculous. This post reminds me of this

http://www.somethingawful.com/flash/shmorky/babby.swf

Erik_Lensherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Erik_Lensherr
Member since 2008 • 1340 Posts

I was thinking the same about the PS3 as it has not even made a profit yet LOL.

bingbaocao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bingbaocao
Member since 2009 • 1852 Posts

so i guess the PS2 never defeated the original xbox huh?
Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3350 Posts

Erik_Lensherr

oh? in metacritic its like this,,

MGS4=halo3>gears1>gears 2.

but LBP>>>>all 360 exclusive in both metacritic and game rankings.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

[QUOTE="Erik_Lensherr"]

___gamemaster__

Yet more people continue to choose the 360 and LBP appeals to far less people. You can make the highest rated game in the world, but it doesn't help much if it doesn't appeal to a wide group of people. Niche titles don't determine much in the "console war". Regardless, what did what you wrote have to do with the post you responded to anyway?

antibanner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 antibanner

[QUOTE="antibanner"]

[QUOTE="MacaroniMoses"]"far from beating the PS3"? Oh you calves...navyguy21

ok, so whats "beating"?? Selling more software?? - check Having the highest attach rate??? - check Most and Highest rated games (yes 360/PC games count)?? - check Gaming division in the black?? - check More marketshare?? - check How many ways of "beating" do you need??

maybe an aggressive beating, and im not a native english speaker as you can see.

first of all, we all know how much more the 360 have sold,and the bigger installed base means sometimes more software. attach rate! there you got one, yes impressive.

the xbox 360 is not beating the ps3 because,the 360 is not consolidating itself as the "console to own" like the ps2 was.+ time is passing, its has been flowing for more than 3 year now and MS doesnt like aged consoles.

on the other hand ps3 is still a little baby learning how to walk and is already catching up with the box.what i mean is that at this rate the ps3 will become the next "console to own"thus defeating 360.

now whos beating?

(not comenting on casual wii)

kenmid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kenmid
Member since 2003 • 483 Posts

Defined ur definition of beating? Because i'm really confuse.
Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts
[QUOTE="antibanner"]

:shock: What are you talking about?!? MS has outsold the PS3 in several places. Seriously, what are you talking about?
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 navyguy21

[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="antibanner"]

antibanner

maybe an aggressive beating, and im not a native english speaker as you can see.

first of all, we all know how much more the 360 have sold,and the bigger installed base means sometimes more software. attach rate! there you got one, yes impressive.

the xbox 360 is not beating the ps3 because,the 360 is not consolidating itself as the "console to own" like the ps2 was.+ time is passing, its has been flowing for more than 3 year now and MS doesnt like aged consoles.

on the other hand ps3 is still a little baby learning how to walk and is already catching up with the box.what i mean is that at this rate the ps3 will become the next "console to own"thus defeating 360.

now whos beating?

(not comenting on casual wii)

well, we all have our opinions ;)

Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts

lol. Now the 360 and Wii are technically losing to the PS3 because they are cheaper. Gotta love SW.
Gta3-fan334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gta3-fan334
Member since 2004 • 1499 Posts

[QUOTE="lhughey"][QUOTE="antibanner"]

aliasfreak

Huh?

If you give 1000 monkeys 1000 computers, you eventually get something like this.

Yeah, that post didn't make all that much sense.

OPuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 OPuniverse
Member since 2009 • 1943 Posts
MS will dump 360 when pigs fly.
antibanner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 antibanner

[QUOTE="antibanner"]

[QUOTE="MacaroniMoses"]"far from beating the PS3"? Oh you calves...Eddie5vs1

lol. Now the 360 and Wii are technically losing to the PS3 because they are cheaper. Gotta love SW.

"Now the 360 and Wii are technically losing to the PS3 because they are cheaper" lol at you, sorry

Avatar image for Psn_FF7numbaOne
Psn_FF7numbaOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Psn_FF7numbaOne
Member since 2009 • 203 Posts
MS will dump 360 when pigs fly.OPuniverse
I heard that will be possible 2011,2012. Seriously if MS discontinues 360 when they release the next 1 I will punch Aaron Greenburg in the face. Not because its his fault because he talks too much.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

[QUOTE="___gamemaster__"]

[QUOTE="Erik_Lensherr"]

Steppy_76

Yet more people continue to choose the 360 and LBP appeals to far less people. You can make the highest rated game in the world, but it doesn't help much if it doesn't appeal to a wide group of people. Niche titles don't determine much in the "console war". Regardless, what did what you wrote have to do with the post you responded to anyway?

You must listen to Britney Spears? AmIrite?
OPuniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 OPuniverse
Member since 2009 • 1943 Posts
[QUOTE="OPuniverse"]MS will dump 360 when pigs fly.Psn_FF7numbaOne
I heard that will be possible 2011,2012. Seriously if MS discontinues 360 when they release the next 1 I will punch Aaron Greenburg in the face. Not because its his fault because he talks too much.

yea i kno im just making a joke toward TC. I doubt MS will discontinue the 360 when the next xbox release tho because the user base is huge on the 360 compare to the original xbox.
Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

If the aim is to lose the most money in the shortest amount of time with the smallest install base i agree ,

Sony is winning big time .

Come on , they lost every freaking dollar they made with the PS2 on the Trey .

No RROD can ever beat that , evah !

Benifited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Benifited
Member since 2005 • 580 Posts

i havent been in SW for over a year now. but sadly itz still tha same damn sh1t. i dont know why i thought it would be diffrent though. i guess i thought ppl would be done talkin bout tha same sh1t day in and day out.

shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

I would say 2-3 years till their next console and then another year or 2 of support.

I dont think people realise this yet but the 360 so far is the only successful console this gen overall. The 360 has far outsold the original xbox in a few years and has more higher rated games. The same cannot be said for the Wii or the PS3, MS would foolish to dump it soon.

Something i dont get is when the PS3 launched the 360 was around 8 million sold. The 360 is now around 30 million and the PS3 is around 22 million. I hope im not the only one seeing this, how does Sony expect to win if the gap is closing at all?? Alot of cows talk about destroying the 360 in sales but thats far from it.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

[QUOTE="Steppy_76"]

[QUOTE="___gamemaster__"]

Eddie-Vedder

You must listen to Britney Spears? AmIrite?

Did I ever make a statement of quality or the like? That actually furthers my point. The mainstream doesn't always get what is highly rated. You could have the best Reggae song ever, and its likely to get outsold by a less quality song from a genre that appeals to more people. Stop being so defensive.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 navyguy21

I would say 2-3 years till their next console and then another year or 2 of support.

I dont think people realise this yet but the 360 so far is the only successful console this gen overall. The 360 has far outsold the original xbox in a few years and has more higher rated games. The same cannot be said for the Wii or the PS3, MS would foolish to dump it soon.

Something i dont get is when the PS3 launched the 360 was around 8 million sold. The 360 is now around 30 million and the PS3 is around 22 million. I hope im not the only one seeing this, how does Sony expect to win if the gap is closing at all?? Alot of cows talk about destroying the 360 in sales but thats far from it.

shutdown_202
i agree, and it has been said over and over again, MS only dumped the xbox because it was still not COST EFFECTIVE to make the CONSOLE anymore. And naturally they shifted their first party software to 360. 3rd party software companies stopped supporting it because MS stopped making consoles. The situation is the complete opposite this gen, so MS wont just give up on it when it is making so much money, and selling so much 1st, 2nd, AND 3rd party games. 360 is cheap to make, and they profit from every unit sold, so the same wont happen.
seeker512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 seeker512
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts
Why the hell is everybody so goddamn obsessed with the new gen? The development costs are so high as it is with games being $60 a pop you think developers want a new system? Hold your horses nothing's coming until there's some majorrrr changes to benefit games.
Temp-MLD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Temp-MLD
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Sony is doing worse then 360............so MS will dump 360 after Sonys dumps the PS3
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 obamanian
Member since 2008 • 3351 Posts

antibanner

Actually 360 outsold PS3 2:1 this holiday, and keeps outselling it in a huge way right now

Also is 8-9 million units ahead and the gap is widening

The best 360 exclusives sell 2-3x better than PS3 ones and has by miles the biggest attach ratio too, so 3rd party games sell a lot better on 360

Also has the best version of most multipltform games, gets by miles the most exclusives and console exclusives in 2009, by miles the biggest and most huge games in 2009 etc

So, why would anyone think that MS will "dump" 360 for some more years ?

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#35 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

If the X360 is "losing" to the PS3, then I'm sure MS would LOVE for the X360 to continue "losing". :)

-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -Traveller-
Member since 2009 • 2477 Posts

Sense? This thread makes none.

They will "dump" it, once it stops turning a profit or support dwindles significantly.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#37 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="antibanner"]

obamanian

Actually 360 outsold PS3 2:1 this holiday, and keeps outselling it in a huge way right now

Also is 8-9 million units ahead and the gap is widening

The best 360 exclusives sell 2-3x better than PS3 ones and has by miles the biggest attach ratio too, so 3rd party games sell a lot better on 360

Also has the best version of most multipltform games, gets by miles the most exclusives and console exclusives in 2009, by miles the biggest and most huge games in 2009 etc

So, why would anyone think that MS will "dump" 360 for some more years ?

*waits for Antibanner and Obamanian to square off*

Benifited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Benifited
why do ppl still even reply to these types of topicz?
Temp-MLD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Temp-MLD
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
why do ppl still even reply to these types of topicz?Benifited
when the last place fanboy bashes the not-last place console, you want to put them in their place.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#40 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

why do ppl still even reply to these types of topicz?Benifited

Because the MODs are fine with the same topics being rehashed over & over

Benifited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Benifited
[QUOTE="Benifited"]why do ppl still even reply to these types of topicz?Temp-MLD
when the last place fanboy bashes the not-last place console, you want to put them in their place.

but itz not like his making any pointz t begin with itz just random bulsh1t