When will Microsoft stop production of the XSX?

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll When will Microsoft stop production of the XSX? (31 votes)

After 1 year 23%
After 2 years 19%
After 3 years 16%
After 4 years 42%

Since it's pretty obvious Microsoft does not care for the Xbox brand anymore and is doing absolutely everything they can to sabotage it I can only assume they will halt production within the next couple of years after very few units have sold due to the complete lack of reasoning to purchase an XSX. We are talking less than Wii U numbers here and Sega at the height of their decline. I am betting 2-3 years in.

• 
Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

On the 4th year, maybe 3rd.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@jcrame10: "Since it's pretty obvious Microsoft does not care for the Xbox brand anymore and is doing absolutely everything they can to sabotage it"

Based on.....your illogical hatred of an as yet unlaunched plastic box?

I mean, by your logic I could ask the same question about ps5.... based on Sony building a weaker console, and making it as big and ugly as possible while charging ps4 owners for enhancements to games like Spiderman....but I won't.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

*facepalm*

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

@jcrame10: You are pathetic! Jesus such fanboys in this place so much hate for pieces of plastic

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@sealionact: You wouldn't know the PS5 is weaker based on the games they showed next to Microsoft's showcase.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sealionact

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@sealionact: You wouldn't know the PS5 is weaker based on the games they showed next to Microsoft's showcase.

I know it based on the specs both companies have released....and I'm not sure which games you are referring to... the enhanced version of ps4's Spiderman or that Cat game?

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts

Normally it is around 3 or 4 years when they replace it with a new SKU with an updated design (like the 360 Slim or Xbox One S).

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@sealionact said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

I know it based on the specs both companies have released....and I'm not sure which games you are referring to... the enhanced version of ps4's Spiderman or that Cat game?

Ratchet & Clank, GT7, Horizon 2, Demons Souls, Resident Evil 8, Kena, etc

Enjoy playing specs while everyone else is playing games. Maybe the XSX will become a viable purchase in 2022/23 if the 10 second title reveal trailers they had ever turn into games.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

I’d say probably in about 6+ years at least, after they release the successor to the Xbox Series X. You don’t have that option in your poll though so I guess I can’t vote. 🤷‍♂️

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Xbox exists for the purpose of GAAS, there are no other devices it could go on currently. You cannot sell your service without it, Sony and Nintendo are not going to want it without royalty payments for starters. Same with google or whoever else.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

LMAO the basement dwellers are desperate , understandable having a last gen console overclocked is killing them inside🤣

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

That would depend entirely on the market. I don't think that will happen. Maybe any future upgrade plans to introduce new hardware will be compelled by moves from competitors, they might even already be working on a mid-gen upgrade contingency in case Sony introduces one.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sealionact

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@sealionact said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Ratchet & Clank, GT7, Horizon 2, Demons Souls, Resident Evil 8, Kena, etc

Enjoy playing specs while everyone else is playing games. Maybe the XSX will become a viable purchase in 2022/23 if the 10 second title reveal trailers they had ever turn into games.

Nice. You do know that apart from a vague window for r&c there isn't a release date nor even a release window for any of the games you mentioned? Hope for both our sakes that 2022-23 doesn't apply to any of the games.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

When the next generation is released like every other generation. Unless it is a serious flop that sells terribly below expectation.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

If it sells worse than this generation then MS will need to consider options.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61479 Posts

What?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I say 3 because it feels right.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

A few years for sure. I know MS is trying to move over to pc gaming but they aren't there yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

I need a 10 year life cycle like I get out of a playstation

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@sealionact said:

@jcrame10: "Since it's pretty obvious Microsoft does not care for the Xbox brand anymore and is doing absolutely everything they can to sabotage it"

I mean, by your logic I could ask the same question about ps5.... based on Sony building a weaker console, and making it as big and ugly as possible while charging ps4 owners for enhancements to games like Spiderman....but I won't.

Your post are becoming increasingly more moronic as you try to defend any shit MS does.

No you could not because what he is arguing has nothing in common with the shit you just say.

1-Sony had the weaker console pretty much since 1994 when they released the first PS,it was only the PS4 the truly break on this cycle,because the PS3 and 360 were pretty much even the PS3 simply was much more complex to work with.

2-Historically MS has made the biggest and uggliest consoles,the original xbox was huge and horrible by a considerably margin,the 360 was huge and HOT as well with a the worse recorded fail rate ever for a console in the industry,the xbox one was even bigger than the OG xbox was considerably bigger than the PS4 which was 40% more powerful and $100 cheaper,we don't even know if the series X will even cost the same as a PS5,that is an assumption based on nothing.

Specially considering that both the xbox one and xbox one X were more expensive on entry than the PS4 and pro.

3-Ugly is a matter of taste most people over the internet like it,compare to the series X simplistic PC design which by the way is the thickest console ever made,and which should be evident as soon as you put it horizontal.

And if the rumors about interchengeable plates is true is even more incredible with multiple custom desings and not just been held back to just 1.

4-After the whole Halo Infinite graphics disaster i can't comprehend how you continue to talk about spiderman,the hypocrisy is palpable with you and other lemmings as well.

At least spiderman on PS5 doesn't look like a shitty xbox one game,and has ray tracing on it you don't have to wait who knows if years for a damn patch.

By the way did sony confirm you have to pay to get spiderman remake on PS5 if you own the PS4 version? Hell has sony even confirm Spiderman will come built in with miles morales?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@sealionact said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

He is probably referring to the shitty looking version of Halo on the 12TF machine you and several other claimed to be much more powerful than the PS5.

@Tessellation said:

LMAO the basement dwellers are desperate , understandable having a last gen console overclocked is killing them inside🤣

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sealionact

@tormentos said:
@sealionact said:

Your post are becoming increasingly more moronic as you try to defend any shit MS does.

No you could not because what he is arguing has nothing in common with the shit you just say.

1-Sony had the weaker console pretty much since 1994 when they released the first PS,it was only the PS4 the truly break on this cycle,because the PS3 and 360 were pretty much even the PS3 simply was much more complex to work with.

2-Historically MS has made the biggest and uggliest consoles,the original xbox was huge and horrible by a considerably margin,the 360 was huge and HOT as well with a the worse recorded fail rate ever for a console in the industry,the xbox one was even bigger than the OG xbox was considerably bigger than the PS4 which was 40% more powerful and $100 cheaper,we don't even know if the series X will even cost the same as a PS5,that is an assumption based on nothing.

Specially considering that both the xbox one and xbox one X were more expensive on entry than the PS4 and pro.

3-Ugly is a matter of taste most people over the internet like it,compare to the series X simplistic PC design which by the way is the thickest console ever made,and which should be evident as soon as you put it horizontal.

And if the rumors about interchengeable plates is true is even more incredible with multiple custom desings and not just been held back to just 1.

4-After the whole Halo Infinite graphics disaster i can't comprehend how you continue to talk about spiderman,the hypocrisy is palpable with you and other lemmings as well.

At least spiderman on PS5 doesn't look like a shitty xbox one game,and has ray tracing on it you don't have to wait who knows if years for a damn patch.

By the way did sony confirm you have to pay to get spiderman remake on PS5 if you own the PS4 version? Hell has sony even confirm Spiderman will come built in with miles morales?

Yes. The ps4 version of Spiderman is enhanced on the Miles Morales disc. Not available separately. You pay for Spiderman again if you want it enhanced for ps5.

Whatever the 360, original x1, ps3 and ps4 were is irrelevant. The new gen starts with MS launching the smaller more powerful console, with better services.

There were more memes about how goofy and huge the ps5 is than any exaggerated memes about Halo...and Halo can improve, PS5 will always be a tumourstation, and the only moronic comments were you believing PSnow was the equivalent of Gold +Gamepass + Xcloud.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#23 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

3 years. New SKU.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Yesterday.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts
@Archangel3371 said:

I’d say probably in about 6+ years at least, after they release the successor to the Xbox Series X. You don’t have that option in your poll though so I guess I can’t vote. 🤷‍♂️

Just vote for 4 its the highest hes got.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Archangel3371

@ProtossRushX: Done.

I was curious to see what the votes were like anyway plus it’s not like this poll means anything so why not eh? 🤷‍♂️

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Archangel3371: that's probably what all the "4s" are (including mine)

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Archangel3371

@xantufrog: Yeah, probably. 😅

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#29 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69456 Posts

Lol. This thread is sad, entertaining and desperate.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Thanks for the feedback! This was very entertaining.

Avatar image for masonshoemocker
masonshoemocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 masonshoemocker
Member since 2003 • 740 Posts

@sealionact said:
@tormentos said:
@sealionact said:

Yes. The ps4 version of Spiderman is enhanced on the Miles Morales disc. Not available separately. You pay for Spiderman again if you want it enhanced for ps5.

Whatever the 360, original x1, ps3 and ps4 were is irrelevant. The new gen starts with MS launching the smaller more powerful console, with better services.

There were more memes about how goofy and huge the ps5 is than any exaggerated memes about Halo...and Halo can improve, PS5 will always be a tumourstation, and the only moronic comments were you believing PSnow was the equivalent of Gold +Gamepass + Xcloud.

Ooooh man. Ouchie.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

@Pedro said:

Lol. This thread is sad, entertaining and desperate.

Yet you couldn't ignore it and had to leave a comment. Something sounds sad and desperate but I don't think it's this thread xD

RIP XBOX ONE X...It was a great 3 years lol

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

@jcrame10: They killed the most powerful console in the world after 3 years so I give this one a week...maybe 2 xD