When wast the last time the PC had a GOTY exclusive?

• 88 results
BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

Was it in 2004, with WOW?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

Didn't Giantbomb give PUBG GOTY when it was a PC exclusive?

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

They don't have any good AAA exclusives, so no. PC is nothing more than a port haven, an afterthought to most devs. Sucks if you only game on PC.

inb4 hermit damage control

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46226 Posts
@knight-k said:

They don't have any good AAA exclusives, so no. PC is nothing more than a port haven, an afterthought to most devs. Sucks if you only game on PC.

inb4 hermit damage control

This is factually inaccurate since a lot of multiplats start out designed on PC first and ported over to consoles.

But hey, any excuse is good to post your drawing skills, amirite ? ^_^

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 R4gn4r0k

@knight-k: How many games did you play on PS4 this year ?

How many of those were AAA GOTY ?

Honest question.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BlackBalls

@boycie said:

PUBG was released on the Xbone the same year as the PC version.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Haven’t we had this retarded thread 10 times within the last month already??

And yes every time the answer is the same, no PC doesn’t have any AAA exclusive, why would a dev limit themself when their isn’t a Sony/MS equivalent throwing money at them?

What we do have on pc, is the best( by a LOT) version of 99% of the multiplats and the birthplace of ALL new innovative games! With switch being the exception.

So instead of making these terrible threads, it would suit all the pathetic cows to make a thank you pc thread, where you acknowledged that pc are the reason you get to play anything other than moviegame 1,2 and 3!

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

GotY given away by whom? I know DOS2 got several GotYs

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 knight-k

@R4gn4r0k said:

@knight-k: How many games did you play on PS4 this year ?

How many of those were AAA GOTY ?

Honest question.

Only one can be GOTY hermit, that's God of War of course.

But hey enjoy your 2D indie exclusives.

@djoffer said:

Haven’t we had this retarded thread 10 times within the last month already??

And yes every time the answer is the same, no PC doesn’t have any AAA exclusive, why would a dev limit themself when their isn’t a Sony/MS equivalent throwing money at them?

What we do have on pc, is the best( by a LOT) version of 99% of the multiplats and the birthplace of ALL new innovative games! With switch being the exception.

So instead of making these terrible threads, it would suit all the pathetic cows to make a thank you pc thread, where you acknowledged that pc are the reason you get to play anything other than moviegame 1,2 and 3!

Finally a hermit that dares to say the truth.

But yes, if you're a graphics whore then PC is your system.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@blackballs said:
@boycie said:

But the xbox version was released on 20/12/17 which was after the GOTY awards so was not considered.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 djoffer

@knight-k: lol way to cherry pick and not facing the hard truth..

Anyway OP if you really want to play this game, I guess Divinity 2 last year was a pc exclusive and won quite a few GOTY. And yes I know it’s on consoles now, but was still a pc exclusive when it won.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BlackBalls

@boycie said:
@blackballs said:
@boycie said:

But the xbox version was released on 20/12/17 which was after the GOTY awards so was not considered.

Giantbomb announced their GOTY on December 29th. Try again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@blackballs said:
@boycie said:
@blackballs said:
@boycie said:

Yeah but they record it 2 weeks earlier than it is published, it's not live. None of them had played the Xbox version prior to the awards being record so the PC version won GOTY.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BlackBalls

@boycie said:
@blackballs said:
@boycie said:
@blackballs said:
@boycie said:

Yeah but they record it 2 weeks earlier than it is published, it's not live. None of them had played the Xbox version prior to the awards being record so the PC version won GOTY.

On their website it says Xbone ONE and PC. Try again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@blackballs said:
@boycie said:
@blackballs said:
@boycie said:
@blackballs said:

On their website it says Xbone ONE and PC. Try again.

I suppose retrospectively it has lost that GOTY. But at the time they recorded the GOTY deliberations it was only the PC version that was considered. Although I do concede to you that it no longer stands.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

Hermits usually avoid threads like these and instead defect to nameless faceless number wars and charts that suggest PC has more high rated games but the fact is the vast majority of them are low quality, basement developed, shovelware games with less than 15 reviews that not even hermits themselves could name if you asked them.

This is why you hear desperate hermits always screaming they have the most high rated games but you NEVER see them actually list those games by name or make a current generation top 10 best PC games list...

A top 10 PC list would be filled with ancient games from nostalgia of the few times PC actually had a good game or average to mediocre titles that are only as good as standard console titles; Predictable top 10 PC list...Crysis, Counter Strike, Starcraft, HL2, LOL, WOW, Arma, Stalker.

All 10+ year old games or average titles!

The point is PC gamers KNOW their games are shit. Allllll the amazing random AAA games you here them brag about in chart wars every year are NEVER brought up by name because they would be embarrassed when we compare those shitty titles to our highly polished console games.

All excuses aside, PC games generally being straight trash is why you never see them nominated as serious GOTY contenders. It's not about bias of anything like that, it's about quality which PC games severely lack compared to the best console games...and it's been like that for generations.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24913 Posts

@tgob89 said:

Hermits usually avoid threads like these and instead defect to nameless faceless number wars and charts that suggest PC has more high rated games but the fact is the vast majority of them are low quality, basement developed, shovelware games with less than 15 reviews that not even hermits themselves could name if you asked them.

This is why you hear desperate hermits always screaming they have the most high rated games but you NEVER see them actually list those games by name or make a current generation top 10 best PC games list...

A top 10 PC list would be filled with ancient games from nostalgia of the few times PC actually had a good game or average to mediocre titles that are only as good as standard console titles; Predictable top 10 PC list...Crysis, Counter Strike, HL2, LOL, WOW, Arma, Stalker.

The point is PC gamers KNOW their games are shit. Allllll the amazing random AAA games you here them brag about in chart wars are NEVER brought up by name because they would be embarrassed when we compare those shitty titles to our highly polished console games.

All excuses aside, PC games generally being straight trash is why you never see them nominated as serious GOTY contenders. It's not about bias of anything like that, it's about quality which PC games severely lack compared to the best console games.

so why should i buy console if i can play superior multiplats on PC? i can connect controller or KB/M for any game?

please name me one game that make us buy a console..

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Divinity Original Sin 2 last year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#20 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

PC lost exclusives because consoles became PCs themselves, regarding hardware and that widened the market. But if you want access to the biggest and most diverse library or play 95% of AAA games at its absolute best you go PC.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tgob89

@ghosts4ever said:
@tgob89 said:

A top 10 PC list would be filled with ancient games from nostalgia of the few times PC actually had a good game or average to mediocre titles that are only as good as standard console titles; Predictable top 10 PC list...Crysis, Counter Strike, HL2, LOL, WOW, Arma, Stalker.

The point is PC gamers KNOW their games are shit. Allllll the amazing random AAA games you here them brag about in chart wars are NEVER brought up by name because they would be embarrassed when we compare those shitty titles to our highly polished console games.

All excuses aside, PC games generally being straight trash is why you never see them nominated as serious GOTY contenders. It's not about bias of anything like that, it's about quality which PC games severely lack compared to the best console games.

so why should i buy console if i can play superior multiplats on PC? i can connect controller or KB/M for any game?

lol, I don't need to name anything.

Just like lemmings you have a choice.

live off multiplat scraps forever and beg for ports of the best games waiting years missing out of the absolute best games of the generation or bite the bullet and purchase a console that will provide all the best games.

It's not about "making" you buy a console, it's about "choosing" to live of mediocre games or joining greatness....there is a reason why almost every lemming on this board has either a PS4 or a Switch and it's not because they are manticores.

I've seen your hype threads for games you're looking forward to....they are ALL multiplat available on consoles. There are 0 great PC games that even YOU are looking forward to, but EVERY year there are multiple console games that rise to the top of the best games of them all even above those multiplat games you so highly praise. FACTS!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@tgob89 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@tgob89 said:

live off multiplat scraps forever and beg for ports of the best games waiting years missing out of the absolute best games of the generation or bite the bullet and purchase a console that will provide all the best games.

It's not about "making" you buy a console, it's about "choosing" to live of mediocre games or joining greatness....there is a reason why almost every lemming on this board has either a PS4 or a Switch and it's not because they are manticores.

I've seen your hype threads for games you're looking forward to....they are ALL multiplat available on consoles. There are 0 great PC games that even YOU are looking forward to, but EVERY year there are multiple console games that rise to the top of the best games of them all even above those multiplat games you so highly praise. FACTS!!!

That's because you Sony fans have superior tastes to the rest of us lesser gamers. You are like a gaming illuminati that we should feel privileged to get to interact with. Nobody can be classed as a true gamer unless they like Uncharted 4, GoW and HZD FACT!

I'm slowly beginning to realise this and after being mocked for my console choice yesterday have smashed it with a hammer and ordered a PS4 with GoW, U4 and HZD.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ghosts4ever

@tgob89 said:

further proven my point that no exclusive worth wile for owning a console.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 R4gn4r0k

@knight-k: So many insults xD

Insecure much ?

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tgob89

@boycie said:
@tgob89 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

That's because you Sony fans have superior tastes to the rest of us lesser gamers. You are like a gaming illuminati that we should feel privileged to get to interact with. Nobody can be classed as a true gamer unless they like Uncharted 4, GoW and HZD FACT!

I'm slowly beginning to realise this and after being mocked for my console choice yesterday have smashed it with a hammer and ordered a PS4 with GoW, U4 and HZD.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@tgob89 said:
@boycie said:
@tgob89 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

I've already taken delivery of a undeserved smug aggressive attitude and currently awaiting delivery the complimentary collection of memes to post into every thread.

3rd person action game heaven awaits!

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

PC needs some exclusives

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 knight-k

@tgob89 said:

A top 10 PC list would be filled with ancient games from nostalgia of the few times PC actually had a good game or average to mediocre titles that are only as good as standard console titles; Predictable top 10 PC list...Crysis, Counter Strike, Starcraft, HL2, LOL, WOW, Arma, Stalker.

All 10+ year old games or average titles!

The point is PC gamers KNOW their games are shit. Allllll the amazing random AAA games you here them brag about in chart wars every year are NEVER brought up by name because they would be embarrassed when we compare those shitty titles to our highly polished console games.

All excuses aside, PC games generally being straight trash is why you never see them nominated as serious GOTY contenders. It's not about bias of anything like that, it's about quality which PC games severely lack compared to the best console games...and it's been like that for generations.

PREACH!

Hermits absolutely destroyed.

"BU..BU... MUH SUPERIOR MULTIPLAT VERSIONZ WITH 4K/200FPS RUNNING ON MUH 2080 RTX!!!!!, MUH CRYSIZZZ!!!, MUH INDIESSSS!!!"

L O L, PC gaming!

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 knight-k

@R4gn4r0k said:

@knight-k: So many insults xD

Insecure much ?

Hermit fragility.

A meme is not an insult hermit.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:
@tgob89 said:

Death Stranding...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By R4gn4r0k
@knight-k said:

Hermit fragility.

Acting like I didn't play God of War, or that I haven't been a console gamer for longer than I've been a PC gamer.

But hey, not like you care about facts. You just want to troll in every single one of your posts.

Forget about GOTY awards. Biggest troll of the year award goes to: @knight-k.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Oh look, this thread again with the same 2-3 rabid cows

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ghosts4ever

@scatteh316 said:

Death Stranding...

just one game is not enough and its far from release.

next?

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 knight-k

@R4gn4r0k said:
@knight-k said:

Hermit fragility.

Acting like I didn't play God of War, or that I haven't been a console gamer for longer than I've been a PC gamer.

But hey, not like you care about facts. You just want to troll in every single one of your posts.

Forget about GOTY awards. Biggest troll of the year award goes to: @knight-k.

How the fck should I know you're a console gamer or not? But thanks for the award

@MonsieurX said:

Oh look, MonsieurX adding nothing to the discussion as always

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts
@MonsieurX said:

LOL

Maybe if they had more good games to play they wouldn't have to be here with Sony's cock and balls deep in their throats.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tgob89

@boycie said:
@tgob89 said:

I've already taken delivery of a undeserved smug aggressive attitude and currently awaiting delivery the complimentary collection of memes to post into every thread.

3rd person action game heaven awaits!

Carry on soldier

Greatness Awaits!

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 scatteh316
@ghosts4ever said:
@scatteh316 said:

Death Stranding...

next?

One is still more then PC has ;)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#38 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69411 Posts

When your system disappoints you must rely on award shows to justify your purchase ??

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ghosts4ever

@scatteh316 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@scatteh316 said:

Death Stranding...

next?

when is squadron 42 coming to console?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

Exclusives is NOT something to brag about

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#41 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Don't follow all this stuff all that much but I remember free 2 play game Path of Exile won GOTY here in 2013 I think, all microtransactions are purely cosmetic. Good game, glad it came to console later

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tgob89

@ghosts4ever said:
@scatteh316 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@scatteh316 said:

Death Stranding...

next?

When is Squadron 42 going to be a finished game?

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By scatteh316
@ghosts4ever said:
@scatteh316 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@scatteh316 said:

Death Stranding...

next?

Next generation..... Mark my words....... by the time it releases next gen will be just a round the corner with hardware to run it and it will get a port.... It'll be the same with SC..... And by the time they release they won;t be cutting edge anymore either.

But do you want to get in to a AAAE debate as you'll run out of games much quicker then I will.

Next.......

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#44 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69411 Posts

@tryit: It is when you are disappointed with your gaming experience. ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Call me crazy but I think I might have seen a thread like this somewhere before :P.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 djoffer

@ProtossRushX: why?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56062 Posts

I'm devoted to PC gaming but I hardly care for any PC exclusive games at all. I hardly care if a PC exclusive wins GOTY or not, I didn't build my PC just to play PC exclusive only, I build it to play anything that comes my way for better performance & freedom from corporation who would do harm to the gamer.

When wast the last time the PC had a GOTY exclusive?

Not really an exclusive but I gotta say it's the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt that's my personal PC GOTY.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Jesus, didn't we have this exact same thread a month or so ago?

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By tgob89

@xantufrog said:

Jesus, didn't we have this exact same thread a month or so ago?

You hermits get a free ride for almost a whole year, this is your one time to embrace your kick in the rear you deserve and take your criticizm like every other system's fans deal with for the entire your.

Don't question the topic's existence...

embrace it