When is it gonna be safe to say PS3 is a failure?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Reyes360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Reyes360
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts

If MGS4 flops and Killzone 2 Flops can we just end the debate? I just was wondering because as I defend my 360 all I am rewarded with is AAA exclusive titles and the best multiplats. Cows are rewarded by 4.5 Lair and Heavenly Flop? I mean come on lets try and have Sony be accountable sometime soon....

darkmario123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 darkmario123
Member since 2006 • 1156 Posts
PS3 is already a failure.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
At the end of the gen when we know the final outcome. But then it might not be safe even then.
Reyes360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Reyes360

PS3 is already a failure. darkmario123

well I do agree its getting to be that time.

rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts
ever since 3e 2006.
Reyes360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Reyes360

At the end of the gen when we know the final outcome. But then it might not be safe even then.Ibacai

well its was pretty evident that dreamcast was a failure in the middle of last gen wars.

Shaqneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shaqneel
Member since 2006 • 1413 Posts
When MS commits to making reliable console hardware, which at the rate they're going, only admitting to a hardware problem nearly 2 years after the launch, will probably not happen this gen or next.
Reyes360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Reyes360

When MS commits to making reliable console hardware, which at the rate they're going, only admitting to a hardware problem nearly 2 years after the launch, will probably not happen this gen or next. Shaqneel

3 year warranty and Falcon in production, now when can we talk about SONY being a failure?

Korrigan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Korrigan777
Member since 2007 • 763 Posts

reyes seriously did a sony rep kill your hamster or something?

neither of theconsoles will fail this gen. it wont be an even split, but the console on top wont have ps2-type dominance

Reyes360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Reyes360

neither of theconsoles will fail this gen. it wont be an even split, but the console on top wont have ps2-type dominance

Korrigan777

Sorry dont understand

Unholy_Smite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Unholy_Smite
Member since 2007 • 796 Posts
This is getting old! The PS3 is NOT a failure and most agree it will never be one! Will it sell 100 million like the PS2? NO! But it is NOT going to fail! I am sure I am not the only one sick of these threads! And how can 2 games not even released be flops?
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
When the next machines from all 3 manufactures come out.
ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ParadiddleFill
Member since 2007 • 3506 Posts

When MS commits to making reliable console hardware, which at the rate they're going, only admitting to a hardware problem nearly 2 years after the launch, will probably not happen this gen or next. Shaqneel

beating a dead horse now arent we? falcon chips and 3 year warranty ring a bell?

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

[QUOTE="Shaqneel"]When MS commits to making reliable console hardware, which at the rate they're going, only admitting to a hardware problem nearly 2 years after the launch, will probably not happen this gen or next. Reyes360

3 year warranty and Falcon in production, now when can we talk about SONY being a failure?

The 3 year warranty is not fixing the problem, it is ignoring it.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

[QUOTE="Ibacai"]At the end of the gen when we know the final outcome. But then it might not be safe even then.Reyes360

well its was pretty evident that dreamcast was a failure in the middle of last gen wars.

Yes, that's fair enough but Sega was going under....Sony is not. The comparison is flawed on a few points.
Shelby_Goose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shelby_Goose
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Wow... The PS3 is FAR From Dead... it may not be in first, but if Its the only system bringing great games like Final Fantasy 13, Killzone 2, Ratchet and Clanks(I could go on, but I think those three are enough to get the point through) It will not be dead for a long time... It may be a little slow right now, but the sales and Games are not That Bad... Fanboys blow everything out of Propotion...
Unholy_Smite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Unholy_Smite

[QUOTE="Ibacai"]At the end of the gen when we know the final outcome. But then it might not be safe even then.Reyes360

The PS3 is selling better than the dreamcast did. Why do we need 50 zillion PS3 hate threads?

jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jethrovegas
Member since 2007 • 5103 Posts
If the PS3 doesn''t eclipse15 million units sold by January 1st 2009, it should be considered a massive failure.
ginglejangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ginglejangle
Member since 2007 • 3171 Posts

not even close.

even if mgs and FF flop the ps3 has a long way to go before it fails.

and 2008 will be a great year for the ps3 i see alot of AAA exlusives and AAA multiplats for that year.

and most of the multiplats are better on ps3....despite the scores .

my_name_is_ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 my_name_is_ron
Member since 2005 • 5549 Posts
[QUOTE="Reyes360"]

[QUOTE="Shaqneel"]When MS commits to making reliable console hardware, which at the rate they're going, only admitting to a hardware problem nearly 2 years after the launch, will probably not happen this gen or next. Ragnarok1051

well really it is solving the problem. would you rather microsoft insist on siezing your 360 to be replaced? what's the point in that? not everyone's 360 has broken. extending the warranty to 3 years (which covers every 360 bought since launch) is the most practical solution to the problem of unreliable hardware second only to making the console with reliable hardware in the first place.

xBALOx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xBALOx
Member since 2005 • 1194 Posts

The dayany XBOX360 dies.

The day Wii gets a decent 3rd party game.

wallpaper42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wallpaper42
Member since 2005 • 4127 Posts
I don't think it's going to be any time soon seeing how it's so reliable with a ton of great features like a web browser and blu ray. People always says it doesn't have any games, but it actually does have quite a few good games for being out for 8 months. The PS3 is also selling pretty good for being $500-600 and if you say the PS3 is failing for not selling as much as the Wii then that's like saying Lamborghinis fail because Hyundais sell a lot more.
AdolescentDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 AdolescentDon
Member since 2005 • 9081 Posts

Even if MGS4 and KZ2 flop they will still sell well, why? Because they are big names! The casuals will eat them up..

Clock_Ticking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Clock_Ticking
Member since 2007 • 485 Posts

just like lair :lol:

ball_of_air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ball_of_air
Member since 2007 • 2105 Posts

The PS3 is NOT a failure and most agree it will never be one! Unholy_Smite

Agreed. Most PS3 bashers here have stated that they might get a PS3 when it gets to the right price. They're not going to avoid it with a vengeance.

Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts

What does a rating really matter? GS gave RFoM a 8.6 but i for one love the game to death. Just because it scored AA doesnt make me dissapointed with the game. Sure the 360 gets games that are scored AAA but does that mean all will love the game? Because i ps3 game is rated below AAA does that mean everyone will hate it?

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ragnarok1051
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="Reyes360"]

[QUOTE="Shaqneel"]When MS commits to making reliable console hardware, which at the rate they're going, only admitting to a hardware problem nearly 2 years after the launch, will probably not happen this gen or next. my_name_is_ron

well really it is solving the problem. would you rather microsoft insist on siezing your 360 to be replaced? what's the point in that? not everyone's 360 has broken. extending the warranty to 3 years (which covers every 360 bought since launch) is the most practical solution to the problem of unreliable hardware second only to making the console with reliable hardware in the first place.

3 year warranty only covers the RROD, and theres more wrong with the 360 then just that. Why don't they just fix the problem? Then they wouldn't have to worry about the warranties.

BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts
I think it will be safe when a way weaker gimmicky kiddie system out sells it.
ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ParadiddleFill
[QUOTE="my_name_is_ron"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="Reyes360"]

[QUOTE="Shaqneel"]When MS commits to making reliable console hardware, which at the rate they're going, only admitting to a hardware problem nearly 2 years after the launch, will probably not happen this gen or next. Ragnarok1051

3 year warranty only covers the RROD, and theres more wrong with the 360 then just that. Why don't they just fix the problem? Then they wouldn't have to worry about the warranties.

they are fixing the problem but a warranty helps but the consumer at ease

rkay36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rkay36
Member since 2006 • 314 Posts
i think it is pretty much safe to say right now that ps3 is a pathetic failure of a console. a failure of any electronic period.
Unholy_Smite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Unholy_Smite

[QUOTE="darkmario123"]PS3 is already a failure. Clock_Ticking

just like lair :lol:

Lair isn't a failure, gamespot scores don't determine a failure. Lets see how it sells, if it is a million seller than all those lair bashers will look bad!

wallpaper42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wallpaper42
Member since 2005 • 4127 Posts

i think it is pretty much safe to say right now that ps3 is a pathetic failure of a console. a failure of any electronic period.rkay36

lol why

Unholy_Smite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Unholy_Smite

i think it is pretty much safe to say right now that ps3 is a pathetic failure of a console. a failure of any electronic period.rkay36

:roll:

Too bad the majority disagrees with you and the PS3 will sell 4 million US before the end of the year and 8 million worldwide. It is NOT a failure sheep.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ragnarok1051
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="my_name_is_ron"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="Reyes360"]

[QUOTE="Shaqneel"]When MS commits to making reliable console hardware, which at the rate they're going, only admitting to a hardware problem nearly 2 years after the launch, will probably not happen this gen or next. ParadiddleFill

I just don't like it when someone says they are fixing the problem, and you ask them how and they say they extended the warranty. Thats not fixing the problem, thats just covering it up.

judge__judy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 judge__judy
Member since 2005 • 2129 Posts
At the end of the gen or when sony pulls the plug. Anywhere you never know, it might not even fail!
ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ParadiddleFill
[QUOTE="ParadiddleFill"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="my_name_is_ron"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="Reyes360"]

I just don't like it when someone says they are fixing the problem, and you ask them how and they say they extended the warranty. Thats not fixing the problem, thats just covering it up.

they are fixing it by putting in new falcon chips, the extended warranty is to help the consumer so he doesnt have to pay money in fixing his console

Korrigan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Korrigan777
Member since 2007 • 763 Posts
[QUOTE="Korrigan777"]

Reyes360

Sorry dont understand

do you understand now?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10635 Posts
I think it will be safe when a way weaker gimmicky kiddie system out sells it.BubbyJello
well that "gimmicky kiddie system" have outsold the 360 and the 360 had a year head start now with company should be more embarrassed by the wii's dominance in sales figures: Sony (who launched their console with a higher pricetag and that didn't have any of their known IP's that launched with the system) or m$ (who have been out a whole year and have had most of their hit titles to launched on the system) now i'm going to let you decide
muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 muffin200
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

Thefact is no system is a failure until EA stops making games for it. GC anyone?? So that's your answer.

bad82man82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bad82man82
Member since 2006 • 1059 Posts
When PS3 fails. :?