When is Home coming out? 2010?

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Metsvideogame
Member since 2008 • 1145 Posts
[QUOTE="Metsvideogame"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"][QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

awwww so sorry.

carlisledavid79

That's ok no need to say sorry

Nah feel sorry for you that you back a company that lies to you. so sorry.

Again, no need to say sorry thanks.

[QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

Why is it called BETA then????????????? Is that a new name for built in excuse maker? oh Sony Fanboys....

SpruceCaboose

You know GMail from Google is in beta right? And its often called the best mail service available?

Beta does not always mean broken and buggy. It can also mean a software based program that sees constant upgrades.

ok then the new dashboard update in the fall for 360 is Beta too. Fair is fair right?

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 L1qu1dSword
Member since 2006 • 2835 Posts
I feel like SONY uses this "ten year console cycle" as an excuse to make their fans wait forever on the few promises they actually keep.
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
[QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

Why is it called BETA then????????????? Is that a new name for built in excuse maker? oh Sony Fanboys....

SpruceCaboose

You know GMail from Google is in beta right? And its often called the best mail service available?

Beta does not always mean broken and buggy. It can also mean a software based program that sees constant upgrades.

ok then the new dashboard update in the fall for 360 is Beta too. Fair is fair right?

But, Microsoft said it's the end product. Sony says it's in beta, WE'RE not the ones calling it a beta, Sony is.
Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Metsvideogame
[QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

[QUOTE="thrones"][QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]also the Fall dashboard update for the 360 is BETA, so guys if you have problems with it, REMEMBER ITS BETA...thrones

Err, the Fall dashboard update won't be seeing constant updates will it?

its a beta, so if there are problems with the new avatars you have to give it some wiggle room ok?

Okay. It's not us saying it's a Beta, it's Sony. As far as the end user is concerned, it's HOME.

thats fine, and lets just give MS the same set of rules. The Avatar system and new updated dashboard is beta. Fair?

Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Metsvideogame
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

thrones

But, Microsoft said it's the end product. Sony says it's in beta, WE'RE not the ones calling it a beta, Sony is.

why dont you see a problem with that, considering that SONY has been touting HOME in 2006? or whenever it has been ages ago.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 thrones
[QUOTE="thrones"][QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

[QUOTE="thrones"][QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]also the Fall dashboard update for the 360 is BETA, so guys if you have problems with it, REMEMBER ITS BETA...Metsvideogame

Err, the Fall dashboard update won't be seeing constant updates will it?

its a beta, so if there are problems with the new avatars you have to give it some wiggle room ok?

Okay. It's not us saying it's a Beta, it's Sony. As far as the end user is concerned, it's HOME.

thats fine, and lets just give MS the same set of rules. The Avatar system and new updated dashboard is beta. Fair?

It's not US saying it's a Beta, it's Sony.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#57 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

I really don't see where you think I am a cow from.

I mean, I can see where you are a Sony hater, but how would I even come close to fitting the profile of a cow?

Metsvideogame

you seem to not understand that once again Sony is playing games, not the videogames that they should be. Ok so BETA is fully functional and operational. I understand and totally agree.

I have plenty of PS3 games.

I also have a 360 and tons of games, a Wii, a PSP, and a DS, not to mention 2 decades worth of c1assic systems.

I am not some Sony lapdog, but I am merely arguing against someone who obviously has too much time on his hands so he is bashing something that should not even matter to him.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 thrones
[QUOTE="thrones"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

Metsvideogame

why dont you see a problem with that, considering that SONY has been touting HOME in 2006? or whenever it has been ages ago.

I do see a problem in that, but this thread asks for a release date, nothing more.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"][QUOTE="Metsvideogame"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"][QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

awwww so sorry.

Metsvideogame

That's ok no need to say sorry

Nah feel sorry for you that you back a company that lies to you. so sorry.

Again, no need to say sorry thanks.

[QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

SpruceCaboose

Do you really think I care what you call the dashboard and avatars? I am calling them useless, but whatever.

Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Metsvideogame
[QUOTE="Metsvideogame"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

I mean, I can see where you are a Sony hater, but how would I even come close to fitting the profile of a cow?

SpruceCaboose

you seem to not understand that once again Sony is playing games, not the videogames that they should be. Ok so BETA is fully functional and operational. I understand and totally agree.

I have plenty of PS3 games.

I also have a 360 and tons of games, a Wii, a PSP, and a DS, not to mention 2 decades worth of c1assic systems.

I am not some Sony lapdog, but I am merely arguing against someone who obviously has too much time on his hands so he is bashing something that should not even matter to him.

still avoiding the issue because you have no case. Ok you arent a fanboy, you are just someone who loves to play devils adovocate to make yourself feel better. ok fine, thanks, and have a nice day. I cant wait for the Beta dashboard update in the fall, as well as HOME beta.

cody3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 cody3232
Member since 2007 • 877 Posts

[QUOTE="cody3232"]Didn't read any posts yet, but what was the first release date for this?Metsvideogame

you want the beta release date that you cant play right? lol oh the sony apologists never seem to stop.

no i want to know the the orginal release date for home, cause i wanted to know how much it got delayed pull your head out of your ***
L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 L1qu1dSword
Member since 2006 • 2835 Posts

SpruceCaboose

Im not saying you are a cow but I think the notion of "manticore" is BS. Even someone who owns all three will inevitably prefer one.

Im called a "lemming" even though last gen I had all three and used to avidly game on PC. I just happen to be forthcoming about which I currently prefer so I get the lame SW label "lemming".

Who came up with these stupid names anyways?

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SpruceCaboose

still avoiding the issue because you have no case. Ok you arent a fanboy, you are just someone who loves to play devils adovocate to make yourself feel better. ok fine, thanks, and have a nice day. I cant wait for the Beta dashboard update in the fall, as well as HOME beta.

Metsvideogame

What was the issue? You asked when it was coming out. I answered you, and then you wanted to go play with semantics.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 thrones
[QUOTE="cody3232"][QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

[QUOTE="cody3232"]Didn't read any posts yet, but what was the first release date for this?Metsvideogame

you want the beta release date that you cant play right? lol oh the sony apologists never seem to stop.

no i want to know the the orginal release date for home, cause i wanted to know how much it got delayed pull your head out of your ***

THEY DONT HAVE AN OFFICIAL DATE, HOME BETA IS NOW THE END PRODUCT....

... Okay... I'm leaving this thread, you're just acting like an 8 year old child screaming about.. things :|
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts
Home beta opens in Japan, features Namco space on 07.31.2008
Home beta opens in Japan, features Namco space with playable ****cs screenshot

It looks like Sony may finally be ramping up towards the actual release of the much-delayed PlayStation Home. The Sixth Axis is reporting that a public beta of Home is open ... in Japan.

By downloading a Home-related theme from the Japanese PlayStation store (before August 11), select PS3 owners will be allowed access to the long-awaited Home beta. Images over at The Sixth Axis show a playable Echochrome arcade machine, as well as a Namco game space that has playable versions of ****cs like Pac-Man, Galaga and more, completely with what looks like leaderboards.

No word on when (or if) North America or Europe will be allowed into a similar program. For those who are impatient, it might be worth trying to make your own Japanese PSN account.

Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Metsvideogame
[QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

SpruceCaboose

What was the issue? You asked when it was coming out. I answered you, and then you wanted to go play with semantics.

you are acting like HOME BETA is the end product, and thats not what IM asking for. Reread again and try and figure out.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

L1qu1dSword

Im not saying you are a cow but I think the notion of "manticore" is BS. Even someone who owns all three will inevitably prefer one.

Im called a "lemming" even though last gen I had all three and used to avidly game on PC. I just happen to be forthcoming about which I currently prefer so I get the lame SW label "lemming".

Who came up with these stupid names anyways?

Manticore does not mean unbiased. However, personally, my favorite system changes daily depending on what I am playing.

But look up definitions for fanboy. There is a huge difference between being biased and being a fanboy.

Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Metsvideogame
Home beta opens in Japan, features Namco space on 07.31.2008

It looks like Sony may finally be ramping up towards the actual release of the much-delayed PlayStation Home. The Sixth Axis is reporting that a public beta of Home is open ... in Japan.

By downloading a Home-related theme from the Japanese PlayStation store (before August 11), select PS3 owners will be allowed access to the long-awaited Home beta. Images over at The Sixth Axis show a playable Echochrome arcade machine, as well as a Namco game space that has playable versions of ****cs like Pac-Man, Galaga and more, completely with what looks like leaderboards.

No word on when (or if) North America or Europe will be allowed into a similar program. For those who are impatient, it might be worth trying to make your own Japanese PSN account.

SecretPolice

Spruce caboose thats the link, that really is concrete, thanks.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SpruceCaboose

Metsvideogame

you are acting like HOME BETA is the end product, and thats not what IM asking for. Reread again and try and figure out.

It is the end product. I would highly doubt that Home will ever move out of the "beta" stage, much like I don't see GMail moving out of beta.

Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Metsvideogame
[QUOTE="Metsvideogame"][QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

SpruceCaboose

It is the end product. I would highly doubt that Home will ever move out of the "beta" stage, much like I don't see GMail moving out of beta.

SONY spokesperson galore right here. Also thanks so much for clearing that up. Thanks.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]Home beta opens in Japan, features Namco space on 07.31.2008

Metsvideogame

Spruce caboose thats the link, that really is concrete, thanks.

Spruce stealing my credit. :o

J/K but that was me - SP :)

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SpruceCaboose

listen you are failing to see that MS delivers a product that is concrete and is taking for granted for it as well. Keep making excuses and playing devils adovocate for Sony. Good job. Have a nice day, I dont want to phillerbuster with you all day.

Metsvideogame

Oh no, I appreciate the added features like Live Party. I am just saying the Avatars are rather useless, and I see no reason why the dashboard needs to be changed.

And arguing with you is not playing Devil's Advocate. That would be if I took a stance opposite you just to argue. I am taking my stance because I believe you are being irrational and bashing something that does not matter to you anyway.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 SpruceCaboose

SONY spokesperson galore right here. Also thanks so much for clearing that up. Thanks.

Metsvideogame

I wish I was getting paid to be here. I would love for one of the big three to pay me, but it would be more as a software developer and not so much a PR rep, since I am too honest for a PR rep.

Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Metsvideogame
[QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

listen you are failing to see that MS delivers a product that is concrete and is taking for granted for it as well. Keep making excuses and playing devils adovocate for Sony. Good job. Have a nice day, I dont want to phillerbuster with you all day.

SpruceCaboose

Oh no, I appreciate the added features like Live Party. I am just saying the Avatars are rather useless, and I see no reason why the dashboard needs to be changed.

And arguing with you is not playing Devil's Advocate. That would be if I took a stance opposite you just to argue. I am taking my stance because I believe you are being irrational and bashing something that does not matter to you anyway.

once again making assumptions, I have a PS3 and yes being informed about a product does mean alot to me. Once again trying to go way off base from the original argument " WHICH WE KNOW YOU STILL DONT HAVE AN ANSWER FOR". Ok lets not go back and forth, I rest my case, you feel HOme will always be BETA and that to me doesnt make any sense. The official release is this fall according to you, so lets wait and see right? Now please I dont have all day to argue everything but the my main point because you have no leg to stand on.

cody3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 cody3232
Member since 2007 • 877 Posts
[QUOTE="cody3232"][QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

THEY DONT HAVE AN OFFICIAL DATE, HOME BETA IS NOW THE END PRODUCT....

Oh my i wanted to know what the orginal release date for home was when sony first showed it off,so i could find out how much it got delayed. Again PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR *** AND LOOK I CAN USE CAPS TOO.
Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Metsvideogame
[QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

SpruceCaboose

I wish I was getting paid to be here. I would love for one of the big three to pay me, but it would be more as a software developer and not so much a PR rep, since I am too honest for a PR rep.

You honest, phew, maybe on Beta ethics.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 SpruceCaboose

once again making assumptions, I have a PS3 and yes being informed about a product does mean alot to me. Once again trying to go way off base from the original argument " WHICH WE KNOW YOU STILL DONT HAVE AN ANSWER FOR". Ok lets not go back and forth, I rest my case, you feel HOme will always be BETA and that to me doesnt make any sense. The official release is this fall according to you, so lets wait and see right? Now please I dont have all day to argue everything but the my main point because you have no leg to stand on.

Metsvideogame

Just like you assume I am a Sony spokesman.

Again, the beta will be fully function and open to everyone in November. That means you can download it and use it just like any other piece of software.

As for a release where they say "All the bugs are gone and its final" I don't think you will ever see that happening.

The release of the beta will likely be the only "release" we see for it. Why is that so hard to understand? Not every product leaves beta, since it really is just a developers term.

Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Metsvideogame
[QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

SpruceCaboose

Just like you assume I am a Sony spokesman.

Again, the beta will be fully function and open to everyone in November. That means you can download it and use it just like any other piece of software.

As for a release where they say "All the bugs are gone and its final" I don't think you will ever see that happening.

The release of the beta will likely be the only "release" we see for it. Why is that so hard to understand? Not every product leaves beta, since it really is just a developers term.

As for a release where they say "All the bugs are gone and its final" I don't think you will ever see that happening. Ok thats great, just great, I wish MS took the same adaptation for every online product they release. Thanks for making my point. and enjoy home Beta.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SpruceCaboose

Home is likely going to be a perpetual beta. Its not uncommon now for software on this scale, especially over an Internet network, to use this process.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_beta

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
Such and angry lemming. He answered your question why are you getting so angry?
Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Metsvideogame

Home is likely going to be a perpetual beta. Its not uncommon now for software on this scale, especially over an Internet network, to use this process.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_beta

SpruceCaboose

ok well I started another thread and people are having the same problem with understanding what you are saying, so please come over there and educate us. The OFFICAL END PRODUCT BETA home is set for the fall, I know =)

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 SpruceCaboose

As for a release where they say "All the bugs are gone and its final" I don't think you will ever see that happening. Ok thats great, just great, I wish MS took the same adaptation for every online product they release. Thanks for making my point. and enjoy home Beta.

Metsvideogame

Technically, XBL could be thought of as a beta as well, although its not called one. It has the same characteristics. Its always being tested and improved upon, it undergoes changes and updates all the time, and it uses user input.

That does not make Live bad, now does it?

Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Metsvideogame

Such and angry lemming. He answered your question why are you getting so angry?Ragnarok1051

Fanboy galore.. and he answered like a Sony spokesperson thats for sure. lol

Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Metsvideogame
[QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

SpruceCaboose

Technically, XBL could be thought of as a beta as well, although its not called one. It has the same characteristics. Its always being tested and improved upon, it undergoes changes and updates all the time, and it uses user input.

I guess one chooses to be ethical, and the other chooses to make excuses. Good job defending the excuse maker.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]Such and angry lemming. He answered your question why are you getting so angry?Metsvideogame

I think its funny that you keep calling others fanboys but never yourself. You sound like a MS spokesperson attacking the PS3.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 SpruceCaboose

Metsvideogame

I guess one chooses to be ethical, and the other chooses to make excuses. Good job defending the excuse maker.

Where the hell do you get ethics in this? Sony has said Home will be a beta. Where is the misleading? And how is it in anyway an excuse?

You are making less and less rational sense.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#89 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

why cant i find this info?

SpruceCaboose

Because you aren't doing it right?

link or talk to the hand.

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/05/12/sony-confirms-november-for-home-open-beta/

Now, please Lrn2Google.

lol if only ppl did that before starting thread with questions.

Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Metsvideogame

SpruceCaboose

Where the hell do you get ethics in this? Sony has said Home will be a beta. Where is the misleading? And how is it in anyway an excuse?

You are making less and less rational sense.

I guess your fanboy goggles are clouding your judgement. I only would like a final release date for Home. Understand you, I should consider Home Beta the final release date, and I should be happy with that. Since you make the rules up, I have to say you are right. Happy? I know for someone who isnt making any sense, you seem to be hanging on my every word. Thanks. Can we please stop, your stance is the Home Beta is the final end all product, and if we ever take the Beta off of Home Beta, your argument will be put up for ownage. Lets wait and see. I rest my case.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 SpruceCaboose

I guess your fanboy goggles are clouding your judgement. I only would like a final release date for Home. Understand you, I should consider Home Beta the final release date, and I should be happy with that. Since you make the rules up, I have to say you are right. Happy? I know for someone who isnt making any sense, you seem to be hanging on my every word. Thanks. Can we please stop, your stance is the Home Beta is the final end all product, and if we ever take the Beta off of Home Beta, your argument will be put up for ownage. Lets wait and see. I rest my case.

Metsvideogame

I am not making the rules up. Sony calls it beta, it has the attributes of a beta, its being released to everyone, is functional, and there is no date for a "gold" release. Seems to me to have the makings of a perpetual beta. Why not call it that?

Have you ever used GMail? Now, that has been in beta for what, 4 years now? Its hardly "undercooked". I fully expect Home to be the same way. I am not sure about it getting pulled from beta eventually (After 3+ years Google News left beta with no warning) as I don't work for Sony, but Home will be constantly improved, even if it was being a "gold" release.

Calling it beta just emphasises that it will get upgrades over time.

Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Metsvideogame
[QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

SpruceCaboose

I am not making the rules up. Sony calls it beta, it has the attributes of a beta, its being released to everyone, is functional, and there is no date for a "gold" release. Seems to me to have the makings of a perpetual beta. Why not call it that?

Have you ever used GMail? Now, that has been in beta for what, 4 years now? Its hardly "undercooked". I fully expect Home to be the same way. I am not sure about it getting pulled from beta eventually (After 3+ years Google News left beta with no warning) as I don't work for Sony, but Home will be constantly improved, even if it was being a "gold" release.

Calling it beta just emphasises that it will get upgrades over time.

I understand all that Spruce, I just find it more BS coming from SONY. Id like a GOld release date as you would say, and Im sure E3 2009 their presentation will be about HOME officially released, not home beta. I think once again Sony is buying more time for something they touted in E3 2006, which, is pathetic. Whereas MS delivers a concrete product in the fall and they just announce it at E3 2008. Get my drift. I think Ethically Sony really should be taken to task, whereas MS pretty much delivers on what they promise.

Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Metsvideogame
[QUOTE="Metsvideogame"]

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]Such and angry lemming. He answered your question why are you getting so angry?Ragnarok1051

I think its funny that you keep calling others fanboys but never yourself. You sound like a MS spokesperson attacking the PS3.

I am a fanboy, whereas Spruce I know isnt, but you for sure are a fanboy like me. You are in the PS3 camp =)

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 SpruceCaboose

I understand all that Spruce, I just find it more BS coming from SONY. Id like a GOld release date as you would say, and Im sure E3 2009 their presentation will be about HOME officially released, not home beta. I think once again Sony is buying more time for something they touted in E3 2006, which, is pathetic. Whereas MS delivers a concrete product in the fall and they just announce it at E3 2008. Get my drift. I think Ethically Sony really should be taken to task, whereas MS pretty much delivers on what they promise.

Metsvideogame

Look, Sony has said alot of bull this generation. They have been arrogant and frankly made crap up at times (120 FPS, dual HDMI, etc), but Home being called a beta when it really is a beta is not being misleading.

Maybe Angelkimme (sp? ) is right. Maybe they will pull Home after the beta and release a final build. If they do that, Home would be out, IMO, in mid 2009, which is why I don't see that happening.

I believe they will just upgrade the service over time in real time, but that could be wrong. This route would get Home out there and allow devs and consumers to use it, while allowing Sony to save some face and upgrade it as well.

I am the first to say Home should have been out in 2007 or before, but you are calling Sony to task on something that is actually legit.

Don't fault the term beta. Ask why Sony took 3-4 years to release something that is akin to Second Life, or why I and others have to pay more money for a controller to have rumble.

Metsvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Metsvideogame
so is home out now cause its out in beta?
DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts
You gonna start another argument?
EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points