When do you think the bargain bin 4K system (Xbox One X) will diminish in value?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1046 Posts

How many years or months till you can build a comparable PC within the price range?

Although I am still baffled by the fact that people advertise the deal it is when 4k is a premium anyways... So if you are going to go all out why cheap out at the centerpiece and buy a very expensive lens (TV/Monitor)?

This is coming from an Xbot btw (I have an Xbox One S instead of a PS4).

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Let's see where it is in January and February. If the needle hasn't moved for Xbox after the holiday hype, a correction is due.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dark_drag765

@xhawk27 said:

I can say the same about the POS5.

Sony and Nintendo at-least come out with exclusives to justify buying the hardware.

Microsoft has turned the Xbox brand into a pre built PC (which all consoles inherently are you could argue but what is to stop someone from building a PC to play all the games on Xbox at higher settings?)

There comes a point where you mitigate the premium talking point when the premium of your system already exists in a high end PC.

Meanwhile I could not build a PC to play Super Mario Odyssey or Shadow of the Colossus remake.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

I expect a $50 price drop this spring unless GPU prices and dram prices climb. At least Xbox One consoles let you play your old games you have for free.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dark_drag765

@xhawk27 said:

I expect a $50 price drop this spring unless GPU prices and dram prices climb.

Nice great to be getting more people into gaming. The only pro I will give Xbox is that it is more indie friendly.

Using the Unity Engine you can make a game for Xbox One without upgrading your license from the free license. So it is not as indie friendly as making your games for PC, Linux, iOS, Android, Mac, etc. but seems like it is the easiest of the console makers if you were a game maker.

So I could see smaller indie Unity games being made for PC and Xbox and not making it to other systems. But again that just makes Xbox a gimped windows PC.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Well if comparable performance baseline would be Forza 7 and I believe most Xb1x at 4k/60fps aren't going to push much more graphics than that, then according to benchmarks, to run 67fps average at 4k on a PC requires a gtx 1060 and i7 5960. And I suspect it may not even take an i7 CPU to achieve 60fps on 4k and Forza 7 had some issues with Cpu scaling that may not have been resolved but whenever all the components for those processors reach $500 range which perhaps sometime next year maybe?

It's hard to compete prices of modular components for an integrated board without comparing a PC that uses one as well such as a Steam machine or something. Then you have the quality of parts. Console makers bid out components for the cheapest price so you get cheap capacitors..etc and all slapped together on a single board with cheap packaging so you'd have to forage for the cheapest PC parts and the Windows OS isn't fair either since you're not really paying a separate fee for the Xbox OS.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dark_drag765

@pimphand_gamer said:

Well if comparable performance baseline would be Forza 7 and I believe most Xb1x at 4k/60fps aren't going to push much more graphics than that, then according to benchmarks, to run 67fps average at 4k on a PC requires a gtx 1060 and i7 5960. And I suspect it may not even take an i7 CPU to achieve 60fps on 4k and Forza 7 had some issues with Cpu scaling that may not have been resolved but whenever all the components for those processors reach $500 range which perhaps sometime next year maybe?

It's hard to compete prices of modular components for an integrated board without comparing a PC that uses one as well such as a Steam machine or something. Then you have the quality of parts. Console makers bid out components for the cheapest price so you get cheap capacitors..etc and all slapped together on a single board with cheap packaging so you'd have to forage for the cheapest PC parts and the Windows OS isn't fair either since you're not really paying a separate fee for the Xbox OS.

True thanks for the informative post.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@dark_drag765: How does something with no value drop in value?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

OP trashes X1X by calling it a bargain bin system and then wants it cheaper.

Logic

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@appariti0n said:

@dark_drag765: How does something with no value drop in value?

Don't know, but ask PC gamers they should be able to tell you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Telekill said:

Logic

He's a cow, because cows are the only ones (well maybe a few herms) call people who game on Xbox xbots.

Just a fake arse gamer that this site throws up all the time.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

at exactly 6:23 EST today.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@Telekill said:

Logic

He's a cow, because cows are the only ones (well maybe a few herms) call people who game on Xbox xbots.

Butthurt Cows with past alt accounts are simply coming out of the woodwork like cock roaches and vermin to express their butthurt emotionally charged insecure fear and hate on the Xbox.

Whatever helps them sleep at night, no matter how futile it is as long as Xbox as a platform exists. LOL.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dark_drag765

@VERTIGO47 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Telekill said:

Logic

Butthurt Cows with past alt accounts are simply coming out of the woodwork like cock roaches and vermin to express their butthurt emotionally charged insecure fear and hate on the Xbox.

Whatever helps them sleep at night, no matter how futile it is as long as Xbox as a platform exists. LOL.

lol, I did own a Playstation with bugs life my dad bought me for christmas. Then a Ps2. PSP. But I got 360 instead of PS3 (mainly for Dead Rising).

So I guess I am not an Xbot... persay.

I own an Xbox One S... I fail to see how I am being a fanboy for bringing up that at-least Sony and Nintendo have exclusives to differentiate themselves from PC and alls the Xbox has atm is it's power/performance package that will diminish with time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@dark_drag765 said:
@VERTIGO47 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Telekill said:

Logic

lol, I did own a Playstation with bugs life my dad bought me for christmas. Then a Ps2. PSP. But I got 360 instead of PS3 (mainly for Dead Rising).

I own an Xbox One S... I fail to see how I am being a fanboy for bringing up that at-least Sony and Nintendo have exclusives to differentiate themselves from PC and alls the Xbox has atm is it's power/performance package that will diminish with time.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

We are waiting on new GPUs and RAM prices to drop. Capable and affordable CPUs are easy to find now, but we need Volta to drop to get GTX 1080 performance for a GTX 1060 price. Then there is the fact that RAM costs double what it should right now.

With these issues, it may be tough to build a Xbox One X box for yourself for $500. But building something that doubles the Xbox One X power for under $1000 in 2018 will be doable.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@dark_drag765 said:
@xhawk27 said:

I can say the same about the POS5.

Sony and Nintendo at-least come out with exclusives to justify buying the hardware.

Microsoft has turned the Xbox brand into a pre built PC (which all consoles inherently are you could argue but what is to stop someone from building a PC to play all the games on Xbox at higher settings?)

There comes a point where you mitigate the premium talking point when the premium of your system already exists in a high end PC.

Meanwhile I could not build a PC to play Super Mario Odyssey or Shadow of the Colossus remake.

It is no where near a prebuilt PC as you are limited to games and mostly settings predetermined by devs. A PC can do so much more.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#19 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@dark_drag765: try harder. Some people don’t want to game on pc. For people that are supposedly the master race hermits are some of the most dense people around.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dark_drag765

@oflow:

What exactly makes a Xbox so magical that it is immune to being compared to PC which is an open platform. On PC you can use Xbox controllers. The only thing you cant do is get the achievements I don't think so there is that I guess if you are achievement hunter.

The lack of exclusives in the Xbox's library should never be a moot point especially on system wars.

@i_p_daily said:
@dark_drag765 said:
@VERTIGO47 said:
@i_p_daily said:

How am I a fake?

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

Already you can do it, you just have to use your brawn.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@Telekill said:

Logic

exactly why is he calling it a bargain bin then wants to buy it once it's cheaper.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

The problem with Xbox One X is they are right back where they started when Xbox One and PS4 compete back in launch (retail price shown)

• PS4 - $399
  • Xbox One - $499

Current

• PS4 Pro - $399
  • Xbox One X - $499

So yeah they will have to drop at least a hundred bucks even tho it has advanced hardware than the PS4 Pro

With that, I think it'll go down $100 bucks every year until it hits $199.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

About a couple years after the PS5, erm, I mean, The PS Jive, hits the bargain bin, 2022, is mah best guess. :P

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@Telekill said:

Logic

He asked when people here think it will be cheaper. He never said he wanted it cheaper.

Avatar image for twosidedpolygon
TwoSidedPolygon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TwoSidedPolygon
Member since 2017 • 45 Posts

You already can, my friend.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#27 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

@dark_drag765: wrong again the Xbox has

Halo gears of war forza crackdown what ever rare makes and Right now it's some pirate game

Plus most people play third party games anyway on PS4 and Xbox. Nintendo switch is the only one that can sustain with just Nintendo games much like Wii did

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I would snatch this up in a heartbeat if it hit 400 or maybe even 350. I expect a price drop by holiday 2018.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

I am afraid you are going to have to save up your allowance for quite a few more weeks, little Jimmy.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Don't care, not getting an Xbox One X until it comes with an internal hard drive with a minimum of 2TB just like my S has.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

It was worthless when it launched, it can't lose anymore value.

magmadragoonx4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 magmadragoonx4
Member since 2015 • 697 Posts

I hope it goes down next holiday season

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

I love my Xbox One,but I think the X1X has lost some appeal for me.Isn't LG already has announced that 8K Television technology is on the horizon. I think it was shown a week ago I think. The X1X was just released for 4K tech,already something better has come out. I can't seem to keep up with things.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@dark_drag765: But... then I'd have to play video games on my TV, which I do not want to do.

Avatar image for GiveMeSomething
GiveMeSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GiveMeSomething
Member since 2007 • 1323 Posts

I will buy an xbox X when it costs 250. Thats what I value it at right now, based on its available games (multis are better played on ps4).

MooseWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MooseWayne
Member since 2017 • 361 Posts

@GiveMeSomething: multi is better on one X don’t be silly. PS4 is great though.

Avatar image for GiveMeSomething
GiveMeSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GiveMeSomething
Member since 2007 • 1323 Posts

@moosewayne: they might look better, but they dont play better. Xbox controller is trash :/ thats why pro>>>>x on gameplay alone

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@GiveMeSomething said:

@moosewayne: they might look better, but they dont play better. Xbox controller is trash :/ thats why pro>>>>x on gameplay alone