What's your least favorite game from your favorite franchise?

• 62 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45094 Posts

Favorite Franchise: Metal Gear Solid series
Least favorite installment: MGS 1 was the pinnacle of the franchise. It went downhill from there. But I would say my least favorite is between MGS 4 and MGS 5, and I think 5 takes the cake. It was so devoid of story and charm and boss battles too. 4 was all fanfare, but we got to go back to Shadow Mosses and say goodbye to Snake.

Favorite Franchise: The Legend of Zelda
Least favorite installment: I wasn't a fan of Link Between Worlds. It was super easy. I'm glad Nintendo chose to go with a more hardcore route with Breath of the Wild.

Favorite Franchise: Resident Evil
Least favorite installment: Great question. I played Resident 6 for like 2 minutes and quickly realized I wasn't going to like this game lmao. It was like, what the hell did they do with Resident Evil?

Favorite Franchise: Final Fantasy
Least favorite installment: Like Resident Evil 6, I played Final Fantasy 13 for like 20 minutes and was like, nah, not for me. lol.

Favorite Franchise: Super Smash Bros
Least favorite installment: I was not a fan of Brawl. I think just because it was on crappy hardware. The combat itself also wasn't the best in the series. Melee was the best, but I think Ultimate perfected the formula.

Favorite Franchise: Super Mario Bros
Least favorite installment: I think I'm going to go with Odyssey on this one. Too much fluff. When it comes to open world Mario, 64 is where it's at. As far as levels, I think Galaxy was probably best.

Well that's enough of me. How about you, SW? What's your least favorite game from your favorite franchise?

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Favorite Franchise: Super Mario Bros

Least favorite installment: I think I'm going to go with Odyssey on this one. Too much fluff. When it comes to open world Mario, 64 is where it's at. As far as levels, I think Galaxy was probably best.

What is fluff in the context of Odyssey?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

Halo 5

Gears 2

Forza MS 2

For extra credit..

Nintendont & Phony. lol :P

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Max Payne 1 (Still good, though.)

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (with MGS5 second)

Resident Evil 6 (Never finished it.)

Haven't played enough of my other favorites, especially Nintendo's, which have so many over three to four decades that I won't even dare trying to play the majority. I've only played ten Zelda games and only finished like six, even though I think very highly of the series.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

Fav Franchise: Persona

Least fav game in the franchise: Persona 5. The writing of Persona 5 is weak.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22662 Posts

Andromeda.... Twice baked turd.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts
  • Favorite: Assassin's Creed: Black Flag (Also Odyssey)
  • Least favorite: Assassin's Creed: Unity
Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

fallout 76

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24914 Posts

Max Payne - Max Payne 2. still a good game but weakest of all 3 and blacksheep of franchise.

Deus Ex - Deus Ex invisible wars. Absolutely trash, like worst sequel of all time that followed the greatest game ever made.

Half life - Episode 1. EP1 was pretty bad and short that serve no purpose other than it should have been free epilogue DLC but Episode 2 actually improved upon and become almost as good as Half life 2

Splinter cell - Blacklist. While conviction was game that introduce dumbed down elements like action auto aim mark and execute but blacklist manage to become worst SC game ever made where we dont even play as sam fisher anymore. and having mass effect like briefing and awful level design.

Hitman - Absolution. I want to be splinter cell conviction but thankfully IO interactive Redeem Hitman after this mess and we get back to great Himan games again.

Mafia - Mafia 3. I want to be GTA, what the hell is this? they turned Mafia into GTA clone and having melee and cover system? lame.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

Halflife: Blueshift - Originally intended for the soon to be defunct Dreamcast, Gearbox's exclusive content became a stand alone game.

By modern standards this would be considered good DLC, which shows how far we have dropped.

As a standalone game, it's competent, short but ultimately brings nothing new to the table. The HD packs changes to the aesthetics is also questionable.

Hitman Absolution - Very clearly trying to water Hitman down for the Arkham crowd. The open sandbox nature where the level was a toy exists in a diluted form, much of the game a linear progression through scripted shit, an embarrassingly out of place grind-house story, a weak stealth system, awful QTE's where you fight monster Danny Trejo.

Splinter Cell: Conviction - Same shit as Absolution. We have to make it sexier, faster, more action packed. We must follow the trends. Our audience is stupid.

What you end up with is a competent, but incredibly shallow and repetitive game that rewards the opposite of methodical progression.

Rainbow Six: Vegas - I'm aware Lockdown existed, but this was the game that changed the franchise. Like above, following trends, dumber, faster, flashier casting any and everything that make Rainbow 6 such a unique, exhilarating experience for Xbox children to bang their pads and cheer as they blow up the bad terrorist men and save America.

Final Fantasy 8 - Protagonist is an asshole, most of this elite crew doesn't appear to have made it past 12 mentally, combat is bad, easy and boring. Story is boring. Can't play for 2 minutes without listening to guff dialogue. One of the worst RPG's I've played, possibly the worst.

Zelda OOT - Enjoyed pretty much every entry way more, especially Phantom Hour Glass.

When you start this game (the greatest game of all time) you'll spend 30% of it running from one end of a big ass empty field to another going hub to hub doing laborious fetch quests combined with gimmicky mini-games and sometimes, sometimes actually getting to do a fucking dungeon.

Street Fighter Alpha - 2/3 make this completely antiquated. Music isn't good compared to SF2, backgrounds very bland.

I mean, objectively speaking Street Fighter is the worst, obviously. But this game post-II, is the weakest imo.

Phantasy Star 2 - Phantasy Star III and Phantasy Star Gaiden are probably the worst.

But, coming off Phantasy Star, which pretty much blew every other 8-bit game RPG out of the water, it's a step back in multiple respects.

Doom 3 - Defend this as still a decent game, and seems to be getting more of a due-thing in VR, almost like it was made for it.

But, it's a weak Doom game with a few problems that pop up on harder difficulty.

Not the worst game ever people like to make out, but stuff like Doom 64 are more of a sequel, albeit not really pushing the bar as this game did.

Fallout 3 - It is literally oblivion with guns. One of the highlights of Fallout was it's writing, here, aside from the Taken guy, be fucked if I can remember a single character or plotline. Can't even remember who or what the end boss was, if it even had one.

Crysis 2 - Dumbed down, incomprehensible story that thinks it's hot serious shit, dumbed down. EA. Crytek ended.

Sonic Lost World - Let's be inspired by Mario Galaxy, without the quality

Skyrim - Bethesda is very much like George Lucas and Clone Wars, they are mediocre, but leave a canvas for people to create better content off of it.

Except here, they attempted to, and did get away with, turning those creations into hundreds of dollars of micro-DLC.

That, and releasing a terrible, fully prices VR version. Which, again, is only good because of modders putting work to make their low effort cash-grab up to snuff.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

Ratchet and Clank - Quest For Booty. Felt rushed and just no redeeming qualities other then it's more Ratchet and Clank.

Burnout - Paradise. Give me 3 or Revenge anyday of the week. Probably Dominator as well. This is a series that doesn't need to be open world.

Gears of War - 5. Very few maps, beefed up long range weapons. Don't care about the story.

Mass Effect - Could go with either Andromeda or 3. 3 for the crap ending, but also disappointing story/squad overall. I probably would rather replay it then Andromeda but it was definitely a bigger disappointment. Andromeda lame/story characters but the combat was fairly enjoyable.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
  • Mortal Kombat 4
  • Resident Evil 7
  • FarCry 4
  • F.E.A.R. 2
  • Crysis 2
  • Doom: Eternal
  • Mafia 3
  • Dead Space 3
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Devil May Cry 2 - Just a flat out terrible game both as a DMC game and a game in general.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge - I’ve only played some of it but it’s enough to tell that it’s nowhere near as good as the previous two games.

Resident Evil 3 - Still enjoyed it but out of all the numbered RE games this one was probably my least favourite.

Street Fighter III - A very nice looking game but it was too much of a departure from the previous cast of characters for me to enjoy.

Final Fantasy IX - I just couldn’t get fully invested in the story or characters of this game but still enjoyed playing it. Just not as much as the other FF games.

Mass Effect Andromeda - A pretty good game in general but was a pretty disappointing ME game.

Legend of Zelda II - An interesting and somewhat fun game due to the changes but definitely the weakest of the main Zelda games.

Super Mario Sunshine - Another one of those games that are pretty good but just not as good as others in a stellar franchise.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

The Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword. Man i was so hyped for this game. Everything sounded great on paper. It had so much potential since they were taking Metroid design ideas for the backtracking, the combat promised so much with the motion controller, the story, the artstyle and the musc, my God the music was fantastic ... but in the end it was such a disappointment. I forced myself to finish it and it took me a huge while.

The pacing was so, so bad ... the restrictive nature of the areas was so frustrating, i hated that you had to return to each area only to gather a certain amount of items to keep moving the story. The Boss battles were so lame and the Imprisoned became a huge pain in the ass. The story felt a bit short but it was good and the dungeon design was amazing. But everything else ... huge meh.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Fallout: New Vegas - way too many bugs.

Final Fantasy VIII - combat system is horrible (easy to break), boring world, pointless party members.

Mass Effect - gameplay (combat) sucks compared to the others.

MGS4 - way too many cutscenes.

Resident Evil 6 - tried to do too much and failed at it.

Tekken 6? - I actually don't remember why I hated this game. But I remember hating this game and going back to Tekken 5. Never played 7.

Twisted Metal 4 - weak roster and too much rob zombie.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Gosh I've played so many games from so many series...

But I guess a couple that immediately spring to mind for the level of it-pissed-me-off

Diablo 3 - wtf no. You had a simple formula and still broke it.

AOE3 - eh... not terribad, but no.

Warcraft 3 - yeah, I said it. Take your moba nonsense and shove it. It's not a great strategy game. A passable thing to play in a general sense? Sure.

Thief reboot - the piece de resistance. Way to f*ck up one of the best series of games I've ever played

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@ezekiel43 said:

Game has a lot of padding, which is extra weird seeing as the game has more than enough good content and didn't need it.

Tons of moons that aren't tied to any platforming, or even interesting exploration.

Not actual spoilers, just big post.

Stuff like dressing up in a specific costume to enter a door and get a moon. Would be fine if all those lead to platforming challenges (like the construction suit in Metro Kingdom), but most of them just pop open a door and that's a moon.

Follow a dog around to ground pound a moon (repeated in multiple kingdoms). Possess an an enemy and go to an NPC (repeated). Possess and arrange Mario letters. Sit next to a dude on bench. Plant a seed (repeated). Fishing (repeated). Goes on and on and on for throwaway moons like that.

Then even worse offenders like buying moons, or the achievement moons in Mushroom Kingdom. Nothing but wasting time in menus.

A typical argument is just ignore the lame ones, but..

1. Going completionist in 3d Mario has always been part of the fun.

2. No way to know what's gonna be lame on the first play.

-

All that being said, still don't consider it even close to the worst 3D Mario game. So much to like about the game.

Objectively it has best set of mechanics in these games when it comes to the range of what Mario can do, with only Sunshine in a close 2nd place. More subjective, but I think these mechanics have the best feel about them as well.

As far as open area "exploration" based Mario goes, has the most interesting areas for both platforming and exploration, though Sunshine is a very close 2nd.

Door and gray pipe challenge rooms are great, game offers more of these than Sunshines secret levels, and Mario 64 only approaches these with its handful of Bowser levels.

Boss fights aren't exactly a big deal in Mario games, but this game arguably has the best of them, with only a few SMG1/2 bosses stacking up.

Plenty of QOL improvements that seem dead obvious, but the series lacked for years until now.

Probably not a biggie for most, but another nice touch is the game recognizing player skill. When you make it to an unintended, seemingly impossible area of a stage, a minor reward is always waiting. Just a nice nod to the player. Many possession (power up) sections can be handled through straight Mario platforming. Basically there's a lot of layered design to accommodate the better player, not new for Mario games, but never so thoroughly baked in.

Great game really. Don't have some set in stone list, but I think SMG2 is the only one I'd clearly put above it.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Street Fighter (arcade) -The groundwork is there, but its a mess. Horrible hit boxes, ungodly unbalanced fights, special moves that work 1 outta 100 times. I also remember some of the cabinets having pressure sensitive hit pads instead of buttons, those were even WORSE!!!

DMC2, WTF Capcom, wtf was this? I actually liked the art at times and the chick looked cool, but that about where the good ends. The rest of the game is garbage.

God of War Ascension - Its really not a bad game, just the weakest of the originals. Its the only one I've never replayed, 1-3 and the two psp games I've replayed countless times.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7259 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I was going to make this exact same topic. For a second, I thought maybe I did late last night and forgot. Ha!

Soul Calibur 3. This is still a good game with an incredible amount of content, and some of the best graphics on PS2, but they made some changes that hurt the flow of combat. Plus it's buggy by Namco Fighter standards.

Twisted Metal 3. Graphics were improved and the more realistic physics were impressive for the time, but all the personality and fun were sucked out of the game. 4 was actually a big improvement, but no one played it because 3 was so bad.

Burnout Paradise. High quality, well made game, but the open world didn't work for me.

F-Zero SNES. Really impressive when it came out, but in a world with polygons, there is no reason to go back.

Motorstorm Apocalypse. This game is great. Jumping rooftop to rooftop on an ATV as buildings collapse around you is one of the most epic experiences you can have on gen 7 hardware. The problem is this game was ambitious to a point that it hurt the experience. The series was unique for having a wide variety of vehicles, and tracks had alternate paths to accommodate the different vehicle types. With a few exceptions, most levels in Apocalypse don't do a great job accommodating the smaller and larger ones. To make up for this they, tweeked the driving model in ways that made the different classes feel more similar. Nothing felt heavy anymore, even the semi truck.

Ultimately, the level designs were awesome, but didn't mesh with the core gameplay of Motorstorm. This should have been a reboot of Jetmoto instead. The tracks would have worked perfectly for that.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2927 Posts

Mass Effect 3. The story developed too slowly, and the ending was ... well, let us not talk about that, shall we?

Resident Evil 6. Even the worst game in this fantastic was still somewhat enjoyable.

Final Fantasy 15. What a let-down. Boring car driving and unbalanced battles with vastly overpowered potions. Even FF13 was more interesting.

Dead Rising 1. I absolute love the series, but the first game had some serious flaws. Still a memorable game though.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SolidGame_basic

@judaspete: lol, I know that feeling. It's happened to me too. Thanks for sharing your list 🙂

@ConanTheStoner said:
@ezekiel43 said:

Game has a lot of padding, which is extra weird seeing as the game has more than enough good content and didn't need it.

Tons of moons that aren't tied to any platforming, or even interesting exploration.

Not actual spoilers, just big post.

Yea, Conan nailed it. He's much more eloquent than I am lol.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

On top of my head;

Zelda: the first two and probably Skyward Sword. The DS ones were ok but nothing special.

MGS: MGS 2

Assassin's Creed: Unity & Liberation

Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands

Witcher: the first one

Soul Calibur: 5

Smash Bros: tricky but I'd say probably Brawl although its single-player mode is still superior to Ultimate.

Pokemon: Gen 3 and 7

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Rainbow Six Lockdown - it went downhill here and thereafter. Siege was good, but let’s face it, it’s not a traditional RS game.

Ridge Racer 7. RR6 on the 360 was perfection (also my introduction to the franchise as I was never into the PS1/2). How they messed up the following game on a new console (ps3) is beyond me. The game looked awful, played awful, and the frame rate was abysmal. The psp game was better. Don’t get me started on the DS and spin off games. Yikes!

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfare. Loved the first (Including Island Thunder and Jungle Storm) and the sequel (including the much different ps2 version). Summit Strike was even playable. But when the franchise moved to gen 7, it went downhill.

Project Gotham 3. 1 and 2 were brilliant and fun on the Xbox. 3 and going forward on the 360 were boring and generic.

Splinter Cell: Double Agent. What happened? Did the developers ever play the earlier games? Never redeemed itself after that.

Titanfall 2. The game started out as a multiplayer only game. If you were fond of the franchise, this should’ve been the focus. Sadly, 2 missed the mark in the multiplayer department in order to broaden its base with single player.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#25 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

Rainbow Six Lockdown - it went downhill here and thereafter. Siege was good, but let’s face it, it’s not a traditional RS game.

Ridge Racer 7. RR6 on the 360 was perfection (also my introduction to the franchise as I was never into the PS1/2). How they messed up the following game on a new console (ps3) is beyond me. The game looked awful, played awful, and the frame rate was abysmal. The psp game was better. Don’t get me started on the DS and spin off games. Yikes!

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfare. Loved the first (Including Island Thunder and Jungle Storm) and the sequel (including the much different ps2 version). Summit Strike was even playable. But when the franchise moved to gen 7, it went downhill.

Project Gotham 3. 1 and 2 were brilliant and fun on the Xbox. 3 and going forward on the 360 were boring and generic.

Splinter Cell: Double Agent. What happened? Did the developers ever play the earlier games? Never redeemed itself after that.

It's kinda fucking heartbreaking that such a unique style of game is basically non-existent now.

Sure, some games like Arma sure very basic elements. And some games have claimed to be "spiritual successors", but none of them really are Rainbow 6.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#26 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Alex Kidd series - High-Tech World

Zelda series - The Legend of Zelda

Final Fantasy series - Final Fantasy II

Metal Gear series - Metal Gear

Ninja Gaiden series - Ninja Gaiden III

Prince of Persia series - Prince of Persia (2008)

Mana series - Final Fantasy Adventure

Sonic series - Sonic Heroes

Streets of Rage series - Streets of Rage

Resident Evil series - Dead Aim

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts
  • Mario: Super Mario Sunshine
  • Metroid: Metroid Other M
  • Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Burnout: Burnout Paradise
  • Arkham series: Batman Arkham Knight
  • Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
  • Metal Gear: Metal Gear Solid 4
  • Persona franchise: Persona 3 FES
  • Mario Kart: Mario Kart 7
  • Sonic 1 (2D Sonic)
RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

Favourite franchise:

Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Least favourite game:

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts

Resident Evil Survivor eats butts.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#30 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2563 Posts

Valkyria Chronicles 2: The story is predictable and the characters are walking cliches.

Persona 5: At some point the story became inconsistent and expect you to just go with the flow.

Final Fantasy II: There are some games that are worse in the series but from the classic games it is the least interesting.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

Zelda
Minish Cap and Majora's Mask. Couldn't get into them. Minish Cap was weird. Link's hat was very ugly and quite annoying. Story was odd. Meh. Majora's Mask was... not a Zelda game to me. It's something else, and something I didn't enjoy much.

Mario
Super Mario 3D World. It was sluggish, which should be a crime for a Mario game. Bad and annoying multiplayer. New gimmick cat suit was boring to use. Definitely the worst Mario game I've ever played.

Metroid
Other M. Story was terrible. Samus was cringe. Environments were boring. Secrets were too few and lame. And yet, I still kinda liked it. There was something there, and I'd like them to try something like it again.

Prince of Persia

Warrior Within. Gone was the witty dialogues, pretty environments, fun platforming, pretty much everything I liked with Sands of Time. They made the prince "cool" and focused on battle. Lamesauce.

Smash Bros.
Brawl. Tripping was a feature in the game where you could randomly trip in the middle of a fight. Fun. They also made the gameplay slower. Fun.

Diablo
At least Diablo 4 looks to be what Diablo 3 should've been.

Thief
That reboot. The **** was that?

Fallout
Fallout 4. The laziest Bethesda game I've ever played. Forcing that story you don't care about down your throat wasn't awesome either. Bugs and just general ugliness of Bethesda games didn't help.

F.E.A.R
F.E.A.R 2. There's only one F.E.A.R..

Crysis
Crysis 2. They decided to say **** you to the PC gamers that made them, and made the next Crysis for console babies, dumbing down the suit abilities so that said babies also can enjoy Crysis with their inferior controls, dumbing down the environments so that console dummies also can find the way, etc.

Dead Space
Dead Space 3. First game was amazing, probably one of my favorite games. Like.. in my top 30. Second game was ok. Didn't like how it focused more on action, but there was still enough Dead Space left for me to enjoy it. Dead Space 3 was just pure unadulterated crap.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38813 Posts

Dark Souls 2 from the Soulsborne series. Kind of an easy answer.

Dead Space 3 from the DS series. This game had every ingredient with what's wrong with EA.

Mass Effect Andromeda from the ME series. HOLY F*CKING SHIT. THE worst game i played and finished of this generation. It simply doesn't get any worse.

Resident Evil 6 from the RE series. WTF was that?

HankMulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HankMulder
Member since 2020 • 203 Posts

Starcraft - Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm/Legacy of the Void
Even tho Legacy of the Void had some interesting stuff going on and great new coming characters it falls flat in the epilogue, while Heart of the Swarm is just bad.

Dead Space - Dead Space 3
From survival horror at it's best to coop shooter.

Borderlands - Borderlands 3
Weak story, weak villains, no scaling until you finish the story...

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Yakuza 5. Game is spread thin and it's not fun running around towns.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SolidGame_basic

@Ant_17 said:

Yakuza 5. Game is spread thin and it's not fun running around towns.

I'm sad you said this :( I just started playing Yakuza 4 Remastered.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: 4 is great. 5 tries to up that but fails.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11257 Posts

Favourite franchise: Metal Gear

Least favourite game: Metal Gear Solid.

Mainly because I never played it lmao. I was a bit too young to experience it new and if you've read my posts I don't do the whole playing old games on modern consoles thing. I did try it a couple of times but gave up.

I'll wait for the inevitable 4K/60 remake on Fox Engine (or newer) with the updated MGS4/MGS5 mechanics/controls. Should come some time on PS5.

If we only include the Metal Gear's I've played that would have to be Peace Walker.

I do not consider the ACID games to be apart of the franchise, and yes I own both of them hah

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ghosts4ever

@Mozelleple112 said:

Favourite franchise: Metal Gear

Least favourite game: Metal Gear Solid.

Mainly because I never played it lmao. I was a bit too young to experience it new and if you've read my posts I don't do the whole playing old games on modern consoles thing. I did try it a couple of times but gave up.

I'll wait for the inevitable 4K/60 remake on Fox Engine (or newer) with the updated MGS4/MGS5 mechanics/controls. Should come some time on PS5.

If we only include the Metal Gear's I've played that would have to be Peace Walker.

I do not consider the ACID games to be apart of the franchise, and yes I own both of them hah

original MGS was best and only good game in series. rest of games donot follow true young solid snake actually.

MGS5 was pretty bad. bland open world game with no story at all.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7259 Posts

@SOedipus: Just curious, how do you feel Twisted Metal 4 compairs to 3? They don't live up to the first 2, but I thought 4 fixed a lot of 3's problems.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3053 Posts

Diablo 3

Fallout 4

Warcraft 3

RDR2

Any Halo after CE

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@judaspete said:

@SOedipus: Just curious, how do you feel Twisted Metal 4 compairs to 3? They don't live up to the first 2, but I thought 4 fixed a lot of 3's problems.

I rank them very close and I do enjoy both. Now I haven't played Small Brawl and I only played Head-On briefly on PS2, but I got TM1 and TM2 vibes from it and liked it.

I would rank 3 and 4 at the bottom of the series, from what I've played. I haven't played TM4 in a long time so my memory isn't the best. From what I remember TM4 did improve on level design and the gameplay seemed a little smoother, compared to TM3, but I also felt like they were trying to do too much. There was a boss at the end of each level, which could be unlocked and from what I remember TM4 had the biggest roster. But I thought a lot of the characters/vehicles were boring and/or redundant. I remember cars that looked and handled similar to others. There were special attacks that were very similar to others. I thought the car creation thingy was very basic and pointless. I didn't care for the carnival theme. The game just didn't "sit well" with me. With TM3, the new studio focused on what people were criticizing the the first 2 games on, and that was the graphics. It took me awhile to get used to that, I remember cars flipping over if you turned too fast, shit like that. Cars were slower, clunkier but it still felt like Twisted Metal. From what I recall the AI was harder on that game. It was the beginning when they were starting to get sillier and I think Twisted Metal 4 just went a little too far for my liking. I give the edge to TM3, but not by much.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ConanTheStoner
@ghosts4ever said:

original MGS was best and only good game in series. rest of games donot follow true young solid snake actually.

My casual friend.

MGS2 takes the gameplay style of MGS1, greatly refines and expands upon it, and puts it to work in more elaborate spaces with more sophisticated AI. The games are directly comparable in every way, and MGS1 feels like a rough draft by comparison in every category.

MGS3 evolves elements of MGS2, but is more of a side step than a direct upgrade, taking the series in a slower paced and more calculated direction. It has the deepest gameplay in the series and is arguably the deepest stealth game there is. It also offers the largest amount of unique gameplay spaces in the series up to that point. Definitely a better game than MGS1.

MGS4 is a streamlining of MGS3s approach and has the best mechanics in the series up to that point. Unfortunately it doesn't provide enough interesting areas and scenarios to take advantage of that, but is still a significantly better playing game than MGS1. Even if you only counted the good spaces in that game, it still offers more than MGS1.

MGSV completely obliterates the previous games mechanically. Surprisingly, it still blows away most 3rd person stealth/action games in that regard. And is only 2nd to MGS3 in depth. It also has a multitude of bases that are better than any other areas in the series. A heavily flawed game with tons of bloat, but as far as pure play goes, the mechanics, level design, and quality/quantity of stealth/action segments are unmatched in the series.

-

Aside from "muh nostalgia" I do get the love for MGS1. Has a great vibe/atmosphere that people really dig. And it was before Kojima went all the way up his own ass with the story telling. It's a classic for sure, a fun little game that doesn't take itself too seriously.

But realistically, the only modern Metal Gear game that's worse is Portable Ops.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

Man, I have different definition of the word favorite.

Anywho, although I still liked it a little, I'd go FF13.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ghosts4ever

@ConanTheStoner said:
@ghosts4ever said:

My casual friend.

MGS2 takes the gameplay style of MGS1, greatly refines and expands upon it, and puts it to work in more elaborate spaces with more sophisticated AI. The games are directly comparable in every way, and MGS1 feels like a rough draft by comparison in every category.

MGS3 evolves elements of MGS2, but is more of a side step than a direct upgrade, taking the series in a slower paced and more calculated direction. It has the deepest gameplay in the series and is arguably the deepest stealth game there is. It also offers the largest amount of unique gameplay spaces in the series up to that point. Definitely a better game than MGS1.

MGS4 is a streamlining of MGS3s approach and has the best mechanics in the series up to that point. Unfortunately it doesn't provide enough interesting areas and scenarios to take advantage of that, but is still a significantly better playing game than MGS1. Even if you only counted the good spaces in that game, it still offers more than MGS1.

MGSV completely obliterates the previous games mechanically. Surprisingly, it still blows away most 3rd person stealth/action games in that regard. And is only 2nd to MGS3 in depth. It also has a multitude of bases that are better than any other areas in the series. A heavily flawed game with tons of bloat, but as far as pure play goes, the mechanics, level design, and quality/quantity of stealth/action segments are unmatched in the series.

-

Aside from "muh nostalgia" I do get the love for MGS1. Has a great vibe/atmosphere that people really dig. And it was before Kojima went all the way up his own ass with the story telling. It's a classic for sure, a fun little game that doesn't take itself too seriously.

But realistically, the only modern Metal Gear game that's worse is Portable Ops.

like i said MGS1 is only game where we play as proper solid snake. MGS2 raiden, MGS3 big boss and MGS5 some bland venom snake and is far cry in third person game.

MGS4 is something i want to play but they made snake old and ugly.

so out of all main games. i kinda strange that a series icon who is solid snake and we only play as in original and 4.

its like imagine if we play as agent 47 and sam fisher in only first installment than rest with some different characters.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ConanTheStoner
@ghosts4ever said:

You're in luck my friend, they give you a young Snake mask in Act 3. Can cosplay to your hearts content, available on replays as well.

@ghosts4ever said:

its like imagine if we play as agent 47 and sam fisher in only first installment than rest with some different characters.

I wouldn't judge the quality of those games based on that. I wouldn't say the originals are " best and only good game in series" based on that.

If Chaos Theory had me playing as Ronald McDonald I'd still consider it the best SC game (maybe even better now that I think about it).

You disappoint my friend, you were supposed to be the hardcore gaming chosen one. Yet this year you've shown that...

- You value graphics over gameplay.

- You value (bad) story over gameplay.

- You value man crush characters over gameplay.

- You live in a house made of ink ribbons.

2020 has been soul crushing my friend.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ghosts4ever

@ConanTheStoner said:
@ghosts4ever said:

You're in luck my friend, they give you a young Snake mask in Act 3. Can cosplay to your hearts content, available on replays as well.

@ghosts4ever said:

I wouldn't judge the quality of those games based on that. I wouldn't say the originals are " best and only good game in series" based on that.

If Chaos Theory had me playing as Ronald McDonald I'd still consider it the best SC game (maybe even better now that I think about it).

You disappoint my friend, you were supposed to be the hardcore gaming chosen one. Yet this year you've shown that...

- You value graphics over gameplay.

- You value (bad) story over gameplay.

- You value man crush characters over gameplay.

- You live in a house made of ink ribbons.

2020 has been soul crushing my friend.

If i value graphics then why MGS1 is my fav among series and MGS5 is my most hated?

and yes Solid snake was amazing character, iconic. and MGS1 need to be remake so we can see next gen version of solid snake.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7223 Posts

MGS loved 1 and 2 but 4 and 5 were disappointments to me.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10434 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@ConanTheStoner said:
@ghosts4ever said:

My casual friend.

-

like i said MGS1 is only game where we play as proper solid snake. MGS2 raiden, MGS3 big boss and MGS5 some bland venom snake and is far cry in third person game.

as a huge fan i thought you'd be able to appreciate mgsv's similar sandbox and (loose) analogies to far cry2, with the bonus of having gameplay that doesn't make you want to put your fist through the monitor

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Borderlands: The Presequel

honorable mention: Halo 5: Guardians