Whats your favourite YAKUZA games in order?

Magnum3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1 Magnum3000
Member since 2020 • 509 Posts

Yakuza 5

Yakuza 3

Yakuza 4

Yakuza 0

Yakuza Dead Souls

Yakuza Kiwami 2

Yakuza Kiwami

Yet to play Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, Judgement and 7: Like a Dragon.

Well?

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 18339 Posts

Of the ones I have played:

Yakuza 0

Yakuza 6

Yakuza Kiwami 2

Judgement (never finished it)

Fist of the North Star: Paradise Lost (never finished it)

Yakuza 3 (never finished it)

Yakuza Kiwami

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 3097 Posts

Only played 0 so far but loved it. Looking forward to playing the rest at some point in the near future.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 8097 Posts

Played em all except Yakuza 7 and here is my personal ranking for the PS4 edition only. If we includes the PS2 games I think Yakuza 2 will slot in number 3, Yakuza 1 in number 7.

1. Yakuza 5
  2. Yakuza 0
  3. Yakuza 4
  4. Judgement
  5. Yakuza Kiwami 2
  6. Yakuza 3
  7. Yakuza kiwami
  8. Yakuza 6

I don't really like Yakuza 6 as ending for kiryu saga. Haruka really fucked up and the story on secret battleship is meh. The dev changed the engine used since Yakuza 3 and yes it is really beautiful but the game felt clunky and the combat doesnt have the same impact as the older games. The menu is also slow to respond sometime for some reason.

Do gotta admit even with Yakuza 6 problems it has some of the best villain in the series with Someya being such a screen stealer. The dude in real life is a pretty famous japanese actor, make sense since he was quite charming playing as a villain.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 4102 Posts

Yazuka 0

Yazuka 5

Yazuka 6

Kiwami 2

Kiwami

Yazuka 4

Yazuka 3

Still haven't played judgement plan on picking it up soon.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 20951 Posts
  1. Yakuza 0
  2. Yakuza Ishin
  3. Yakuza Kiwami 2
  4. Yakuza 5
  5. Yakuza 6
  6. Yakuza 2
  7. Yakuza 4
  8. Yakuza Kiwami 1
  9. Yakuza Kenzan
  10. Yakuza 3
  11. Yakuza Dead Souls
  12. Judgement
  13. Yakuza 1
  14. Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise

Zero basically nails everything, and Ishin has the best combat. I pretty much love all of them though, except maybe FOTNS.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 30754 Posts

I’ve just recently got into this franchise with Yakuza 0 but I am really enjoying it and am looking forward to playing the others sometime.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Yakuza Kiwami. Got it from PS plus. Really enjoyed it. Tried to platinum it my its way too hard. Haven’t tried other games in the series yet.

briguyb13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 briguyb13
Member since 2007 • 4074 Posts

I own some of 'em but have yet to really sink my teeth in to the franchise as of yet. I have 3 & 4 on PS3 and Kiwami and 0 on PS4. Once I get Kiwami 2, parts 5, 6 & 7 I'll play them all in order.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 3969 Posts

Only the ones on PC and I loved all of them with 0 as my favorite.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 621 Posts

@sakaixx: The story in Yakuza 6 was actually really really bad and extremely predictable. I already was able to guess what was going to happen from the start of the game which is not normal for a Yakuza game compared to Kiwami 2 are 0.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Robbie23

@Gamerno6666: I would not say it is hard to platinum, but very time consuming and if you do not understand Mahajong then it is near impossible to achieve platinum, lol.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Robbie23

@magnum3000: I would play Judgement asap as it is really good, especially the story.

Magnum3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Magnum3000

@sakaixx said:

Played em all except Yakuza 7 and here is my personal ranking for the PS4 edition only. If we includes the PS2 games I think Yakuza 2 will slot in number 3, Yakuza 1 in number 7.

1. Yakuza 5
  2. Yakuza 0
  3. Yakuza 4
  4. Judgement
  5. Yakuza Kiwami 2
  6. Yakuza 3
  7. Yakuza kiwami
  8. Yakuza 6

I don't really like Yakuza 6 as ending for kiryu saga. Haruka really fucked up and the story on secret battleship is meh. The dev changed the engine used since Yakuza 3 and yes it is really beautiful but the game felt clunky and the combat doesnt have the same impact as the older games. The menu is also slow to respond sometime for some reason.

Do gotta admit even with Yakuza 6 problems it has some of the best villain in the series with Someya being such a screen stealer. The dude in real life is a pretty famous japanese actor, make sense since he was quite charming playing as a villain.

I didn't even bother playing yakuza 6 the moment i read no weapons which you can carry in your inventory / mod from Kamiyama or the golden gun.Only disposable weapons which you can use in a battle and then its gone. Very poor decision from Sega if you ask me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts

This thread reminds that Judgment is not on PC yet...and Yakuza: Dead Souls really happened :\

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1519 Posts

I have completed Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami 1. I am currently playing through Yakuza 6.

So far 6 > Kiwami > 0.

The clan battles are a lot of fun. Too bad they removed the bowling from the game. The bowling on Kiwami 1 was so much fun to play.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 6047 Posts

I haven't ever gotten into any of the Yakuza games (played one for a couple hours), but I really should go back and give them a try. Do you need to play them in order? Any suggestions if I were to go pick up like 3 of them?

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Robbie23

@WitIsWisdom: Yes, You have to play them in order otherwise the story would be impossible to follow.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 6047 Posts

@robbie23 said:

@WitIsWisdom: Yes, You have to play them in order otherwise the story would be impossible to follow.

Man that sucks... oh well I guess. I didn't care too much about the one I played or I would have played it longer. Maybe one of these days I'll look up the order and just buy the whole lot.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1519 Posts

@Renegade_Fury: the final battle in 0 was rage inducing for me. Its frustrating ah to be fighting bosses while other enemies are shooting at you.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 20951 Posts

@WitIsWisdom: If you want to get your feet wet, just play Zero. You don't have to know anything about the characters, and these days, it's considered the best entry point in the series. If you want more, play Kiwami 1 next since it sets up the plot for the rest of the series. From there, you can more or less pick and choose, but it is more enjoyable to go in chronological order for the payoff in Y6.

@wiiboxstation: Yeah, that part was annoying. I stocked up on stamina XX's and had a good set of armor, so I made it through alright. Using rush style for dashing was also pretty helpful.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sakaiXx

@WitIsWisdom said:
@robbie23 said:

Man that sucks... oh well I guess. I didn't care too much about the one I played or I would have played it longer. Maybe one of these days I'll look up the order and just buy the whole lot.

not really impossible. sure it might be weird Kiryu saying hi and requesting help from previous game characters but all yakuza games story is pretty self contained. characters kept returning sure but the boss, mafias and conflict will be different in each game. The returning characters reference stuff but its more like easter egg and if they go into backstory you will get a cutscene of the flashback.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sakaiXx
@magnum3000 said:
@sakaixx said:

1. Yakuza 5
  2. Yakuza 0
  3. Yakuza 4
  4. Judgement
  5. Yakuza Kiwami 2
  6. Yakuza 3
  7. Yakuza kiwami
  8. Yakuza 6

I didn't even bother playing yakuza 6 the moment i read no weapons which you can carry in your inventory / mod from Kamiyama or the golden gun.Only disposable weapons which you can use in a battle and then its gone. Very poor decision from Sega if you ask me.

its still a good Yakuza game, just not a good closure to Kiryu saga. the new city is quite beautiful (though smaller than osaka personally with less to do) and usual some memorable bosses and villain. Especially loved Someya.

Magnum3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Magnum3000

@sakaixx said:
@magnum3000 said:
@sakaixx said:

1. Yakuza 5
  2. Yakuza 0
  3. Yakuza 4
  4. Judgement
  5. Yakuza Kiwami 2
  6. Yakuza 3
  7. Yakuza kiwami
  8. Yakuza 6

its still a good Yakuza game, just not a good closure to Kiryu saga. the new city is quite beautiful (though smaller than osaka personally with less to do) and usual some memorable bosses and villain. Especially loved Someya.

I'm interested in Yakuza 7 :)

Epal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Epal
Member since 2020 • 40 Posts

My favourite Yakuza game is Yakuza7 because the school was nearby when I was studying in Japan.