What's with all this EA bashing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brood_aliance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 brood_aliance
Member since 2004 • 1005 Posts

What's with most of the gaming community bashing EA? OK, their track record with many games aren't the greatest (especially with their sports games), but they have really smartened up. Most of EA's releases (published and developed) nowadays are great games. Look at Sims 3, NHL09 and MANY others. Great games, with amazing porduction values. Not only that, their upcoming game lineup has been great. NHL 10 and Mass Effect 2 to say the least. So what if EA buys out a company? It just makes the studio that much better with all that money backing it. They've also rescued several games from being vapourware (APB). Also, without EA, we wouldn't have great sports games, a big RTS genre and much more.

BigDaddyPOLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BigDaddyPOLO
Member since 2005 • 2251 Posts

They've ruined their rep too much, pooping out a new game each year, getting worse and worse. NFS, all of those sports games, etc. Oh and they messed up C&C pretty good.

emorainbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 emorainbo
Member since 2008 • 3067 Posts

EA is cool now, they are publishing some really good games, Activision is now the tool of the industry.

brood_aliance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 brood_aliance
Member since 2004 • 1005 Posts

They've ruined their rep too much, pooping out a new game each year, getting worse and worse. NFS, all of those sports games, etc. Oh and they messed up C&C pretty good.

BigDaddyPOLO
Last time I checked, every EA Sports 09 game was good, and a giant improvement over their 08 counterparts. Last time, I played CnC is was still enjoyable. However, you do have a point with NFS. They aren't bad, but they build on the same formula every year. Most Wanted was EA's last great NFS game, IMO.
BigDaddyPOLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BigDaddyPOLO
Member since 2005 • 2251 Posts

[QUOTE="BigDaddyPOLO"]

brood_aliance

Last time I checked, every EA Sports 09 game was good, and a giant improvement over their 08 counterparts. Last time, I played CnC is was still enjoyable. However, you do have a point with NFS. They aren't bad, but they build on the same formula every year. Most Wanted was EA's last great NFS game, IMO.

That's funny NFS being good kind of ended at Underground for me, and I hate all sports games in the same way I hate movie games but that's just my opinion.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts
EA dug themselves a pretty big hole with the shovelware they kept spewing out. You are absolutely right in saying they have started to turn things around... it's just that a lot of people just follow the crowd. They'll keep bashing EA until they are told who to bash next.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
EA bashing was 4 years ago. Activision bashing is the thing now.
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

EA is cool now, they are publishing some really good games, Activision is now the tool of the industry.

emorainbo

This ^ Hating on EA is no longer the "Kool Kid" thing to do.

Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

This is why I hate EA:

Etc.

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
Meh, I don't really like EA overall because the majority of their games really aren't my thing. Still, they have their good titles like Black and Henry Hatsworth.
nintendog66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nintendog66
Member since 2006 • 2300 Posts
They almost redeemed themselves with Dead Space, Boom Blox and Mirrors Edge, and that's saying a lot. But still we need more quality titles like those... 3 games, as good as they may be, can't save a decade of shovelware.