jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Smash Bros Ultimate came out 5 months ago yet season pass holders have nothing to show for their purchase. There’s been no DLC characters released besides the plant which was announced before the game came out. Also the Joker is the only character confirmed so far. Isn’t it a little ridiculous that no new characters or info has been released? It’s damn well nearing 6 months after the game launched.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Yeah it doesn't make much sense to me either. You're telling me it takes 4-6 months to code one character, one stage, and arrange a few music tracks? Maybe if only 2 or 3 people are working on it.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jcrame10

@drummerdave9099: all I can think of is they know they don’t have much planned for the year so they’re gonna milk Smash for as long as they can.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

Smash DLC has been on track with its promises all along, I'm not sure what you're rambling about. Sakurai originally said the first DLC pack with Joker was coming out during Spring and he more particularly said April. Joker is coming out very soon. Piranha Plant actually came out sooner than anyone expected, and that's why so many people freaked out when his presence suddenly dropped last January.

Sakurai already confirmed that the Fighter Pass will be active with its offerings for the entire year and the last DLC pack will launch around the beginning of next year. Considering there's many more than five months in a year, it makes sense to me they are going to stretch the release of a new DLC fighter every several months starting here in April. I can guarantee you the next DLC character announcement will happen this month.

Lastly, you gotta understand that a new fighter in Smash Bros. is A LOT more than just "code one character." You gotta understand how a new fighter can drastically change the nuance of the entire game and its roster. New fighters not only have to be coded properly, they need to be balanced with the entire game in order for them to work; otherwise, you could have another Bayonetta situation where her character was somewhat broken in the Wii U game.

Well-balanced fighting games are a lot more complicated than just throwing new characters into the roster. They NEED to be balanced and considered with everything else. There's nothing wrong with Sakurai playing games with secrecy and choosing not to pull the whole curtain down with its reveals at once. His ways of revelation has become the bread and butter of Smash Bros. reveal excitement at this point. So rest assured: everything is on track as far as I can see. There has not been delays of any sort as far as I can see. So far everything is living up to Sakurai's promises on how he chooses to release things. Maybe you just forgot about these details or overlooked them when you initially bought the Fighter Pass (assuming you bought the Fighter Pass).

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jaydan
@jcrame10 said:

@drummerdave9099: all I can think of is they know they don’t have much planned for the year so they’re gonna milk Smash for as long as they can.

Are you kidding me? Nintendo has a pretty loaded year. This is one of their most loaded years yet. You must have not looked at the last Direct.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jcrame10

@jaydan: Super Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, new Platinum game....what am I missing?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jaydan
@jcrame10 said:

@jaydan: Super Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, new Platinum game....what am I missing?

Hmmm - new Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Zelda remake, among a few niche things and supposedly two new models of the Switch.

You have all the 3rd-party games coming out including Cuphead, the definitive version of Dragon Quest 11; and let's face it, Persona 5 is coming to the Switch. Best Buy already leaked that one on accident as well as accidentally leaking Metroid Prime Trilogy. There's a load of other 3rd-party games coming out too.

It's great that you recognize that the Smash DLC packs are there to initiate further excitement and longevity for the series, but that is virtually every DLC/expansion any game has to offer. Where you are wrong is that there's nothing more on the plate for the Switch.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jcrame10

@jaydan: I forgot about Pokemon. But I thought Luigi and AC did not have gameplay out yet or 2019 release dates. Does Links Awakening have a 2019 release date?

Also I wouldn’t trust any retail rumors

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jaydan
@jcrame10 said:

@jaydan: I forgot about Pokemon. But I thought Luigi and AC did not have gameplay out yet or 2019 release dates. Does Links Awakening have a 2019 release date?

Also I wouldn’t trust any retail rumors

All of those games officially have 2019 release dates by Nintendo. E3 has not even begun yet, there is plenty of time for Nintendo to solidify gameplay and concrete release dates. While rumors shall be taken with a big grain of salt - Best Buy is one of the largest retail chains for electronic devices and their own servers are what accidentally leaked both Persona 5 Switch and Metroid Prime Trilogy HD. Best Buy is not a label for trolling people. It goes with saying after such a blunder Best Buy quickly took these titles off their website, but the damage was already done when the internet grabbed the screenshots. Persona 5 Switch is definitely happening because Atlus has already announced Persona 5 S. It makes me wonder what that S stands for.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Sooooo people complain about day one dlc but now they complain when they take their time to make dlc good? Patience. Also, this is why I don't buy season passes until the DLC is out already.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

As has already been said everything seems to be on track to me. The dlc seems spread out like any other game and there’s plenty coming out on the Switch in the meantime.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jcrame10

@jaydan: doesn’t do much for me personally. I may buy the Metroid trilogy if it’s reasonably priced (already own the original 3 games) but I’m not rebuying Persona or Cuphead

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Nintendo is famous for being cheap, lazy and incompetent. This simplistic DLC will take forever to come out and you won’t like it anyway.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14893 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

Smash Bros Ultimate came out 5 months ago yet season pass holders have nothing to show for their purchase. There’s been no DLC characters released besides the plant which was announced before the game came out. Also the Joker is the only character confirmed so far. Isn’t it a little ridiculous that no new characters or info has been released? It’s damn well nearing 6 months after the game launched.

Agreed.

And I think they should just go ahead and reveal Erdrick. I think the DLC reveal plan has been atrocious.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

My bet is that they're coordinating the DLC characters with game announcements and launches.

So Joker is being released alongside the 'Persona 5 S' announcement later this month, Erdrick will be released in time to hype up Dragon Quest XI S, and the others are most likely for unannounced games/characters.

I'm guessing that they'll announce Travis Touchdown alongside a No More Heroes 3 announcement this year, and...another Pokemon character in time for Sword/Shield?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jaydan
@jcrame10 said:

@jaydan: doesn’t do much for me personally. I may buy the Metroid trilogy if it’s reasonably priced (already own the original 3 games) but I’m not rebuying Persona or Cuphead

I myself have Cuphead on PC and Persona 5 on PS4, and both are fantastic games. But you know, whether or not they resonate with you wanting to buy them on the Switch - games are games. That's all the world is going to see is how Switch is having a substantial lineup of games. The rest of the world does not think the way System Wars does where games that release on another platform a year later is not worth anything.

I think it's amazing that Cuphead and Persona 5 will be coming to the Switch, because far more people are going to get to experience them, and that's what matters. Regardless, there are plenty other 3rd-party games and 1st-party Nintendo that make for a busy release year for the Switch.

@Planeforger said:

My bet is that they're coordinating the DLC characters with game announcements and launches.

So Joker is being released alongside the 'Persona 5 S' announcement later this month, Erdrick will be released in time to hype up Dragon Quest XI S, and the others are most likely for unannounced games/characters.

I'm guessing that they'll announce Travis Touchdown alongside a No More Heroes 3 announcement this year, and...another Pokemon character in time for Sword/Shield?

And that's why I think Banjo-Kazooie will be a big one revealed. I think Cuphead coming out on the Switch is an important indication that Microsoft is going to be releasing more games on the Switch. There's really no other game series sought for that's owned by Microsoft than Banjo-Kazooie, and having the duo in Smash is also a long-waited dream for most Smash fans.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Meanwhile, I still have my fingers crossed for the Doom Slayer.

Sure, a lot of people disagree with his inclusion, but let's consider some stuff for a moment in bullet points:

• Doom may not be the first first-person shooter, but many will say that it defined it
  • Doom 3 is the only Doom game to not appear in a Nintendo system
  • Doom 2016 and Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus wouldn't be possible on the Nintendo Switch if it ran on a different game engine. The fact that id Software did the impossible twice should be enough for Doomguy to be in Smash.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#18 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41529 Posts
@flashn00b said:

Meanwhile, I still have my fingers crossed for the Doom Slayer.

Sure, a lot of people disagree with his inclusion, but let's consider some stuff for a moment in bullet points:

• Doom may not be the first first-person shooter, but many will say that it defined it
  • Doom 3 is the only Doom game to not appear in a Nintendo system
  • Doom 2016 and Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus wouldn't be possible on the Nintendo Switch if it ran on a different game engine. The fact that id Software did the impossible twice should be enough for Doomguy to be in Smash.

Here's a better game series for that:

Loading Video...

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts
@jcrame10 said:

I can't believe you're still claiming this lmao

Also, they said that the last pack is gonna be out around February 2020. It's silly to expect a character a month or whatever stupidity you had in mind. It also take more time to make and balance Smash characters than other fighting games because there's more to consider.