Whats the worst games we have seen at E3?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 10721 Posts

Hello friends,

so this years E3 we have seen good and bad games and theres already thread about best games so here we discuss whats the worst games we have seen this years E3.

so heres what i think

Wolfenstein Youngblood: This looks absolute one of the most bland game i have seen this years E3. its not surprise that machinegames wolfenstein games have been crap and this one looks no difference now with enemy health bar (ala bulletsponges enemies). other than set 20 year after previous games and its coop game where you play as BJ daughters. it will be another game with 20 minutes of cutscene movie game posing as old school FPS.

Watch Dogs Legion: This looks like the most generic open world game i have seen. i mean ubisoft cant be more generic, it makes assassins creed and far cry looks like a masterpiece. yeah you can play as different playable characters. gameplay looks complete bland from driving to combat to stealth. why are ubisoft not making splinter cell and wasting insane amount of budget to this crap is beyond me.

Ghost recon breakpoint: Used to be tactial shooter. now its another open world coop third person shooter. another open world ubisoft game that looks incredibly boring and bland.

Borderlands 3: Looks like borlderlands 2 DLC and it was never good series to begin with. terrible shooting plus cartoonish graphics. this also looking pretty bad from gameplay demo. i was so bored of it while watching.

although we have not seen enough gameplay demo of lot of games so its hard to comment them but lot of terrible things shown this years E3. its been one of the worst ever and its shame that last few E3 has been great.

so my friends, what are the worst games you have seen this years E3? lets discuss

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 24510 Posts

I used to like Wolfenstein, but after the last one, I realized that the series has become formulaic. "Old school" was interesting to a point, but now the series needs to evolve. As for worst game, the game that comes to mind is Gears 5. Game is coming out in three months and no gameplay footage. I guess MS expects people to buy the game on marketing hype and name alone?

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#3 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 1460 Posts

To me it has been one of the most disappointing E3 that I remember, but oddly enough i can't pinpoint a game as bad, the closest to that is that new Contra, but even that game looks at least fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0a4c3876874
deactivated-5d0a4c3876874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 deactivated-5d0a4c3876874
Member since 2019 • 180 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Watch Dogs Legion: This looks like the most generic open world game i have seen. i mean ubisoft cant be more generic, it makes assassins creed and far cry looks like a masterpiece. yeah you can play as different playable characters. gameplay looks complete bland from driving to combat to stealth. why are ubisoft not making splinter cell and wasting insane amount of budget to this crap is beyond me.

Because games like Splinter Cell sell like crap while these "crappy" games are successful.

That's the way this industry works. If a franchise is not successful anymore, eliminate it and replace it with another franchise.

That is why Capcom doesn't make games like Final Fight, Megaman Legend , Okami , Veiwtiful Joe , Onimusha and Lost Planet anymore.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ghosts4ever

@dg1995 said:

Because games like Splinter Cell sell like crap while these "crappy" games are successful.

That's the way this industry works. If a franchise is not successful anymore, eliminate it and replace it with another franchise.

That is why Capcom doesn't make games like Final Fight, Megaman Legend , Okami , Veiwtiful Joe , Onimusha and Lost Planet anymore.

and thats sad state of industry because splinter cell is too hardcore for casual and mainstream audience.

other than original splinter cell trilogy was one of the most successful games of its time. once splinter cell gone action. it failed. it was perfect time for ubisoft to reboot splinter cell into right direction but they didnot because of greed. and because they are too lazy to make games with good level design so lets copy and paste same stale open world formula.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 18479 Posts

That Contra game looked pretty bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0a4c3876874
deactivated-5d0a4c3876874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5d0a4c3876874
Member since 2019 • 180 Posts

@TheEroica: I thought it was a mobile game.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheEroica  Moderator

@dg1995: it had low budget written all over it. Probably see it on the APp store soon enough.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ghosts4ever

@TheEroica said:

I was hoping in konami special announcement to be they announced MGS1 Remake with bluepoint but it turn out to be mobile looking contra..

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#10 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 35521 Posts
  • Battletoads
  • Ghost recon breakpoint:
  • Borderlands 3

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheEroica  Moderator

Has borderlands changed in the slightest since the first game?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 25586 Posts

Borderlands definitely seems to be the most derivative. So bored of the stagnation that the series has become.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#13 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 35521 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Has borderlands changed in the slightest since the first game?

Be interesting to see the sales.

Suspect people will probably just gobble up the same shit.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 12968 Posts

Watch Dogs Legion

Gears 5

Battletoads

Ghost Recon Breakpoint

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1496 Posts

Gotta go with battletoads, had no idea what the original game was about but people hyped the shit out of it after the announcement last year, only for it to be some mediocre looking beat em up game... doesn’t look horrible by any means, but just very bland!

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8486 Posts

The new "Contra" game. Generic twin-stick shooter with last gen graphics.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts

People who played the game is saying the exact opposite about BL3 than everyone in this thread...

Worst looking game was battletoads..

EDIT: Whatever that captain keen was is horrendous too

avenger85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 avenger85
Member since 2015 • 253 Posts

Not counting mobile I would say watch dogs 3.... open world games have become so stale... and this one looks beyond generic.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1148 Posts

Gears 5 has to be the most disappointing game in a long time. Months away from release, no gameplay shown. Just CGI female that goes bi polar and turns into a monster.

Dragerdeifrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Dragerdeifrit
Member since 2010 • 626 Posts

Absolutely everything on EA conference, every single one of these games is destined to be trash by default. The best part is that i didn't even bother watching the conference and don't even know which games were announced there besides star wars, yet i'm bound to be right just becuase its EA, and EA is trash, and at this point i don't even need an argument for my logic, its just 100% the real and ABSOLUTE truth...

That Contra game looks pretty bad also...

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1145 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I think a lot of these really random remasters and stuff seem very unplanned and unclear what role htey are supposed to play.