What's the point of Xbox and Playstation consoles getting kart racers into their library of racing games?

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By MclarenMaster18
Member since 2014 • 1894 Posts

Dear kart racing fans in System Wars board.

I would like to know your opinion why do you think Xbox and Playstation need kart racers for their library of racing games for?

As I know in each generation of Xbox and Playstation consoles, since back in the 90s; there were quite a lot of PS1 owners asking for a kart racer equivalent to Nintendo 64's Mario Kart 64 and Diddy Kong Racing so all they get is Crash Team Racing.

• During 2008-2010 there were quite a lot of Xbox 360/Playstation 3 owners that were begging kart racers to come into their consoles so all they get is Joy Ride (360) and Modnation Racers (PS3) respectively as an answer to Nintendo's Mario Kart Wii.
  • Guess what? Joy Ride and Modnation Racers are both not very popular and inferior to Mario Kart Wii.
  • At that time, most car enthusiasts who own 360 or PS3, they much more prefer to play Forza Motorsport 3 and Gran Turismo 5 over any kart racers.
  • Also, they prefer to play street racing games like Project Gotham Racing, Test Drive, Need For Speed, Burnout and Midnight Club.
  • In 2014-2015, most Xbox One/PS4 owners owned a Wii who skipped PS3 or 360, they were desperately begging kart racers to come into their Xbox One/PS4 so why don't they buy a Wii U at first place to play Mario Kart 8?
  • The first kart racer for XB1/PS4 was Beach Buggy Racing which looks bland IMO and it wasn't popular that compared to Forza Motorsport 6 and Driveclub.
  • In 2019, finally, when Xbox One and PS4 get 2 karts on what the owners wanted following are Team Sonic Racing and Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled as they now they can finally stop complaining.
  • All I know majority of racing fans would buy Xbox or Playstation consoles to play sim racing and street racing games, not cheesy kart racers!
    While others prefer kart racers so they choose to buy Nintendo consoles to play Mario Kart and various other kart racers.

P.S If I see a kart racer being announced for Xbox Scarlett/PS5, no matter if it's 1st or 3rd party then I'm so going to cringe! I'd rather have sim racing and street racing games on Xbox Scarlett/PS5/PC!

Ezekiel43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Ezekiel43
Member since 2017 • 1910 Posts

Hm...

Mario Kart 8 - 8.44 million copies (On a flop console.)

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 17.89 million

Gran Turismo 5 - 10 million

Gran Turismo 6 - 5.2 million

Gran Turismo Sport - 8 Million

Could it be that most people find kart racers more fun?

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MclarenMaster18
@ezekiel43 said:

Hm...

Could it be that most people find arcade racers more fun?

Of course, I know kart racing is the most popular sub-genre of racing games.

I didn't ask to compare Mario Kart to any Xbox/Playstation sim racers and arcade street racers.

But my real question: Why do Xbox and Playstation owners want to beg kart racers for their consoles? They should of bought Nintendo consoles so they can play kart racers.

Ezekiel43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ezekiel43
Member since 2017 • 1910 Posts

@mclarenmaster18 said:
@ezekiel43 said:

Hm...

I didn't ask to compare Mario Kart to any Xbox/Playstation sim racers and arcade street racers.

But my real question: Why do Xbox and Playstation owners want to beg kart racers to their consoles? They should of bought Nintendo consoles so they can play kart racers.

Because that would be an extra 300 dollars. I don't think most console players have more than one console per generation.

Subspecies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Subspecies
Member since 2018 • 789 Posts

Money, dude. Why do you even make these threads.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MclarenMaster18

@ezekiel43:

Well, that makes sense that not everyone can afford more than one consoles for each gen, to me they should save more money so they can afford more than one consoles for each gen or if they wanted a console for kart racers they should have bought Nintendo in the first place!

Here is my theory of why kart racing outsold sim racing by a big mile.

The target audience differences:

• Kart racing:
    • Any kind of gamers who want to have fun in gaming.
    • Both males and females can enjoy it.
    • Meant for all ages.
    • Not necessary to love cars, motorsports, and racing games.
    • No skills required from other sub-genre of racing games.
    • Preferring to have combat racing.
  • Sim racing:
    • For Motorsport fans who wanted to virtually experience how real race cars feels like.
    • Only car enthusiasts will enjoy it.
    • The majority of sim racing fans are males.
    • Currently, most sim racing fans' age groups range from 15 to 45.
    • Requiring more skills compared to any other sub-genre of racing games.
    • Preferring to have pure racing/realistic driving physics.

Even though I don't have anything against Mario Kart or Diddy Kong Racing (I find these 2 are quite enjoyable) but overall I still don't like this sub-genre of racing game (kart racing) because it's not my type of gameplay.

My experience with kart racers on Xbox/Playstation consoles such as Crash Team Racing, Sonic Racing, Modnation Racers, Joy Ride, etc. To me, they're very dull and bland, in my opinion.

That's why I much more prefer sim racing and street racers over kart racers when it comes to Xbox/Playstation/PC's library of racing games!

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 12918 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:

Hm...

Could it be that most people find kart racers more fun?

Interesting comparison, but other than Mario Kart what else can you play on the Switch in terms of racing games?

Not only that but Mario (as much as a boring arse character he is) is loved by kids an adults alike the world over, and is the most recognized the world over.

And lastly have you ever seen a kart game with realistic visuals? no of course not so they appeal to kids a lot more than regular racers.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MclarenMaster18
@subspecies said:

Money, dude. Why do you even make these threads?

I just want to make threads on whatever I want.

Question time: If cows hated Mario Kart, then what's the point for them to love Crash Team Racing, Modnation Racers, and LittleBigPlanet Karting?

I thought they hated kart racers.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MclarenMaster18

@i_p_daily: To me, every Xbox and Playstation owners should learn that kart racers are not welcome to Xbox and Playstation consoles!

Every generation of Xbox and Playstation consoles, their library of racing games are meant for sim racing and street racing games except for PS Vita (The Vita has no good racing games in general).

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 I_P_Daily

@mclarenmaster18 said:

@i_p_daily: To me, every Xbox and Playstation owners should learn that kart racers are not welcome to Xbox and Playstation consoles!

Every generation of Xbox and Playstation consoles, their library of racing games are meant for sim racing and street racing games except for PS Vita (The Vita has no good racing games in general).

To say they're not welcome is silly, there's room for every genre, sub genre etc. Besides that I consider kart games in the vehicular combat genre, I mean has there ever been a kart racer with no weapons???

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MclarenMaster18
@i_p_daily said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:

To say they're not welcome is silly, there's room for every genre, sub genre etc. Besides that I consider kart games in the vehicular combat genre, I mean has there ever been a kart racer with no weapons???

Even Mario Kart is vehicular combat while Sonic Drift isn't vehicular combat yet they're both considered to be kart racers.

To qualify as a kart racer, it requires to look cartoony, having a go-kart driven by a human or anthropomorphic animal character on fantasy race tracks.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 I_P_Daily

@mclarenmaster18 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:

Even Mario Kart is vehicular combat while Sonic Drift isn't vehicular combat yet they're both considered to be kart racers.

To qualify as a kart racer, it requires to look cartoony, having a go-kart driven by a human or anthropomorphic animal character on fantasy race tracks.

Well Project Cars must be a kart game then.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39202 Posts

What's the point of making the same threads over and over with slight variations?

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 38659 Posts

@mclarenmaster18 said:
@subspecies said:

Question time: If cows hated Mario Kart, then what's the point for them to love Crash Team Racing, Modnation Racers, and LittleBigPlanet Karting?

While I can't speak for everyone, (or Cows for that matter) the way I see it is. Mario Kart outshines any attempts at the genre these days and no one is going to buy a kart racing game for $60. Sure Mario Kart can do it but that's because Nintendo fans will buy anything with a Mario tag to it's name, Sony doesn't have a saying in this because Nintendo has made the genre more grounded towards Mario Kart and it's on their console/handheld that makes it "playing it safe" and Sony doesn't have their own Mario Kart wannabe. Crash Team Racing was a fluke.

My point is, I don't see Sony fans hating Kart genre, Sony doesn't have anything that can relate to Mario Kart in it's name. If anything, Sony should have made Rocket League a Sony exclusive cause that was a really enjoyable game.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MclarenMaster18
@i_p_daily said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:

To me Project Cars is not really a kart racer.

It's a sim racing and most cars in this game's rosters are pretty much consisting of Grand Tourer cars, Touring Cars, Endurance Prototypes, RallyCross cars, etc.

Again, for a racing game to qualify as a kart racer, it also requires very unrealistic go-kart driving physics which includes Mario Kart drift style too.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 11772 Posts

Because they are fun to some people. Some PS and Xbox fans want to play a Kart game without buying another console. That's why "they" ask for them. What is there to explain?

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MclarenMaster18
@xantufrog said:

Because they are fun to some people. Some PS and Xbox fans want to play a Kart game without buying another console. That's why "they" ask for them. What is there to explain?

Okay, now I got it. Well, I have a feeling what if PS5 and Xbox Scarlett release a new 1st party kart racer as an answer to Nintendo's Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & Tour, it may be not very successful in terms of commercial.

My last PS & Xbox 1st party kart racer I've experienced was Modnation Racers and Joy Ride respectively, they're both no near as good as Mario Kart in terms of gameplay, soundtrack, character & course roster.

In my opinion, PS & Xbox should focus more on sim racing (Forza Motorsport & Gran Turismo respectively) or arcade racers (Forza Horizon/PGR & Motorstorm respectively) other than cheesy kart racers.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MclarenMaster18
@davillain- said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@subspecies said:

While I can't speak for everyone, (or Cows for that matter) the way I see it is. Mario Kart outshines any attempts at the genre these days and no one is going to buy a kart racing game for $60. Sure Mario Kart can do it but that's because Nintendo fans will buy anything with a Mario tag to it's name, Sony doesn't have a saying in this because Nintendo has made the genre more grounded towards Mario Kart and it's on their console/handheld that makes it "playing it safe" and Sony doesn't have their own Mario Kart wannabe. Crash Team Racing was a fluke.

My point is, I don't see Sony fans hating Kart genre, Sony doesn't have anything that can relate to Mario Kart in it's name. If anything, Sony should have made Rocket League a Sony exclusive cause that was a really enjoyable game.

Yet, back in 2009-2010, I remember that I heard a bunch of Sony fanboys across the internet claiming Modnation Racers will destroy Mario Kart Wii because it's available for their beloved PS3 and ability to generate their own content (characters, karts, and tracks).

Want me to show all Sony's kart racing IPs?

• Crash Team Racing (1999-2005)
  • Ape Escape Racing/Saru Get You: Pipo Saru Racer (2006)
  • Modnation Racers (2010-2012)
  • LittleBigPlanet Karting (2012)

For Rocket League the soccer car game, I've owned it on Steam/PC and I find it enjoyable.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 28741 Posts

I would absolutely love to see a quality kart racing game on the Xbox systems. I can envision a great game using themes from franchises like Halo, Gears of War, Rare stuff, etc. I’d pay top dollar for something like that. It certainly wouldn’t stop me from continuing to purchase and enjoy the Mario Kart games either, I’d just have more kart racing to enjoy.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 robert_sparkes  Online
Member since 2018 • 3460 Posts

To be honest I'd rather play forza horizon over any kart racer. But I can see the appeal to some.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 I_P_Daily

@mclarenmaster18 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:

It's a sim racing and most cars in this game's rosters are pretty much consisting of Grand Tourer cars, Touring Cars, Endurance Prototypes, RallyCross cars, etc.

Again, for a racing game to qualify as a kart racer, it also requires very unrealistic go-kart driving physics which includes Mario Kart drift style too.

It has karts on made up tracks, soooooo

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 5363 Posts

PS4/XBONE currently have one of the best kart racers ever made- Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MclarenMaster18

@i_p_daily said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:

Also, the roster of tracks in Project Cars pretty much consists of licensed real-world race tracks such as Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Circuit de la Sarthe, Mount Panorama, Road America, etc.

For Project Cars's driving physics overall: realistic.

My guess why it Project Cars had fantasy kart tracks just like how GT did, probably they don't want to spend extra money on licensing real kart tracks.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MclarenMaster18
@jcrame10 said:

PS4/XBONE currently have one of the best kart racers ever made- Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled

I still don't care about Crash Bandicoot in general.

Even if I see Sony or Microsoft make new or resurrect one of their kart racing IPs for PS5/XB Scarlett then I'm going to boycott it!

For Xbox and Playstation's library of racing games; I come for sim racing and arcade off-road or street racers! Not kart racers!

If I want to play kart racers then I choose Nintendo because of Mario Kart.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MclarenMaster18
@Archangel3371 said:

I would absolutely love to see a quality kart racing game on the Xbox systems. I can envision a great game using themes from franchises like Halo, Gears of War, Rare stuff, etc. I’d pay top dollar for something like that. It certainly wouldn’t stop me from continuing to purchase and enjoy the Mario Kart games either, I’d just have more kart racing to enjoy.

Okay, I see. So have you tried Joy Ride or Modnation Racers before?

I'm unsure if Microsoft and Sony will able to release a new 1st party kart racer for next-gen console (Xbox Scarlett & PS5 respectively) since that I also see kart racers inside Xbox One/PS4's library of racing games weren't very popular/appealing compared to sim racing and street racers.

All I know most kart racing fans would much more prefer Nintendo consoles because of Mario Kart, while the majority of sport car enthusiasts who prefer sim racing or street racing games they would choose either Xbox, Playstation or PC.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Archangel3371  Online

@mclarenmaster18: No I have not tried those games because they didn’t look like quality games that appealed to me. Just because those games didn’t do well doesn’t mean that there wouldn’t be people who would want one. Like I said I want a quality kart racing game that has cool/cute racer, kart, and track themes from franchises such as Halo, Gears of War, etc. Much the same way that Mario Kart games utilize themes from various Nintendo franchises. Joy Ride did not have any of that so I’m not going to get it simply because it’s a kart racer.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MclarenMaster18

@Archangel3371 said:

@mclarenmaster18: No I have not tried those games because they didn’t look like quality games that appealed to me. Just because those games didn’t do well doesn’t mean that there wouldn’t be people who would want one. Like I said I want a quality kart racing game that has cool/cute racer, kart, and track themes from franchises such as Halo, Gears of War, etc. Much the same way that Mario Kart games utilize themes from various Nintendo franchises. Joy Ride did not have any of that so I’m not going to get it simply because it’s a kart racer.

Now I got the point. If Microsoft releases a new kart racer based on what you or fans wanted then let's see how it turns out.

On the other hand, if Sony also releases a new kart racer for next-gen then will you look forward too?

By the way, I'm not looking forward to playing whatever kart racer on PS5/Xbox Scarlett because I don't like their gameplay style as I think they're boring IMO.

I'm much more into sim racing and street racing games.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Archangel3371  Online

@mclarenmaster18: Well sure, if Sony were to make a kart racing game that appealed to me I would get it. Mod Nation and Little Big Planet Kart Racing didn’t appeal to me so I didn’t get those. I enjoy kart racing games but I’m not going to just buy any kart racing game. Same goes for any other genre that I enjoy.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 23631 Posts

Mad baseless generalisations that make my brain hurt.

Gamers want good games, simple.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 4237 Posts

@mclarenmaster18: People are begging for kart games on Xbox and PS4?

Where are these rare and mythical creatures?

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MclarenMaster18
@sealionact said:

@mclarenmaster18: People are begging for kart games on Xbox and PS4?

Where are these rare and mythical creatures?

Well, I found them on google by typing up something like "PS4 needs Mario Kart type game", "Any kart racers for Xbox One similar to Mario Kart?", etc.

These search results show up are from Reddit, GameFAQs, etc.

My guess why a lot of PS4 and Xbox One owners begging for kart racers because most of them are the Wii owners who skipped PS3 and 360. Since they loved Mario Kart Wii and were expecting PS4 or Xbox One to get a decent amount of kart racers but guess what?

PS4 and Xbox One's library of racing games are pretty much consisting of sim racing and arcade street/off-road racers! To me, PS4 and Xbox One isn't the right console for kart racers anyways.

In my opinion, they should have bought a Wii U for Mario Kart 8 in the first place!

Currently as long they own a Nintendo Switch then it's the best place for kart racers!

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MclarenMaster18
@locopatho said:

True, but to me the Wii owners should have researched if PS4 and Xbox One will get kart racers before they buy it.

The first kart racer for PS4/Xbox One was Beach Buggy Racing; which is mediocre for its simplistic gameplay.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#33 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6159 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@ezekiel43 said:

Hm...

But my real question: Why do Xbox and Playstation owners want to beg kart racers to their consoles? They should of bought Nintendo consoles so they can play kart racers.

Because that would be an extra 300 dollars. I don't think most console players have more than one console per generation.

You would be correct. Although it is imperative for Coolyfett to maintain his PSN and Nintendo Accounts since those firms are the historical leaders of the gaming community.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 4237 Posts

@mclarenmaster18: I mean, not having "kart racers" isn't really much of a big deal...certainly not as big a deal as Switch not having any FPS games, and missing out on most AAA best selling games.

Switch is a backup console, bought by PS4 and Xbox owners as a second choice....can't think of too many gamers buying a Switch without already having one of the other consoles. You miss out on too much.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MclarenMaster18
@sealionact said:

@mclarenmaster18: I mean, not having "kart racers" isn't really much of a big deal...certainly not as big a deal as Switch not having any FPS games, and missing out on most AAA best selling games.

Switch is a backup console, bought by PS4 and Xbox owners as a second choice....can't think of too many gamers buying a Switch without already having one of the other consoles. You miss out on too much.

Yep, that's why Mario Kart 8 was re-released onto Switch since there are a lot of PS4/Xbox One owners who skipped Wii U as they desperately wanted to play Mario Kart 8 so they ended up begging for kart racers until they bought the Switch with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe so they can stop complaining.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 23631 Posts
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@locopatho said:

True, but to me the Wii owners should have researched if PS4 and Xbox One will get kart racers before they buy it.

The first kart racer for PS4/Xbox One was Beach Buggy Racing; which is mediocre for its simplistic gameplay.

You're still rambling and imagining. You don't know what Wii owners researched, or who bought a PS4 vs Xbox One vs Switch, or wanted what genre, this is all just stuff in your head.

In reality, all we can say is that gamers generally want more good games, of any and all types. People who value kart racers most probably followed Mario Kart to whatever platform it was on, but gamers who don't value them most could still appreciate a decent one on another platform.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MclarenMaster18
@locopatho said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@locopatho said:

You're still rambling and imagining. You don't know what Wii owners researched, or who bought a PS4 vs Xbox One vs Switch, or wanted what genre, this is all just stuff in your head.

In reality, all we can say is that gamers generally want more good games, of any and all types. People who value kart racers most probably followed Mario Kart to whatever platform it was on, but gamers who don't value them most could still appreciate a decent one on another platform.

Now I understand what you mean.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 167548 Posts

So they can play kart racers on the console of their choice...…..obvious really.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 pyro1245  Online
Member since 2003 • 5395 Posts

Consoles are good for kart racers. They both start with the hard 'k' sound. Coincidence?

If you want a real sim racing experience you gotta go PC. Get a good wheel/pedal/shifter setup with haptic feedback and a VR headset.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MclarenMaster18
@pyro1245 said:

Consoles are good for kart racers. They both start with the hard 'k' sound. Coincidence?

If you want a real sim racing experience you gotta go PC. Get a good wheel/pedal/shifter setup with haptic feedback and a VR headset.

Well, I cannot afford a good wheel, pedal and, shifter set because it's pricy plus I have a small living room so I use a controller pad.

Sometimes I visit my local sim racing store which they have gaming PCs set up with the racing wheel, pedal, shifter, and motion seat to play it.

The reason why I much more prefer sim racing way over kart racers because of the gameplay style that I'm more used to it.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6522 Posts

Xbox Scarlet and Playstation 5 will not get a Kart racing game until Switch successor gets Mario Kart 9. Kart racing games is just another videogame genre. I would worry too much about when it will arrive on PS5 and Xbox scarlet. Most people who like realistic racing games and Driving sims will just buy those and not bother with Mario kart clones.

MclarenMaster18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MclarenMaster18
@Megavideogamer said:

Xbox Scarlet and Playstation 5 will not get a Kart racing game until Switch successor gets Mario Kart 9. Kart racing games is just another videogame genre. I would worry too much about when it will arrive on PS5 and Xbox scarlet. Most people who like realistic racing games and Driving sims will just buy those and not bother with Mario kart clones.

That's true, but on the other hand, most Nintendo fans don't have an interest in cars and racing games so they would rather buy kart racers such as Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, Sonic Racing, Crash Team Racing, etc. Or either futuristic racers such as F-Zero or Fast Racing/RMX.

In my opinion, Nintendo Switch needs a remake of Diddy Kong Racing or new F-Zero then I would buy it.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 I_P_Daily

@mclarenmaster18 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:

Also, the roster of tracks in Project Cars pretty much consists of licensed real-world race tracks such as Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Circuit de la Sarthe, Mount Panorama, Road America, etc.

For Project Cars's driving physics overall: realistic.

My guess why it Project Cars had fantasy kart tracks just like how GT did, probably they don't want to spend extra money on licensing real kart tracks.

I'm messing with you dude, well mostly lol.