What's the point of 6tf supercharged console if theres nothing that looks better than Uncharted 4/TLL?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for kangarbloodyroo
kangarbloodyroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 kangarbloodyroo
Member since 2017 • 113 Posts

HOWDY!

I just finished Uncharted TLL, throughout the entire 6.5 hours I was in heaven. The game is just way too beautiful. Every single moment felt way too beautiful to be true... My question is, why bother with a console that is made so that people can run at higher resolution and higher settings if you can't even beat what a 4.2tf console offers?

P.S. I always play my games on PC @4K resolution, maxed out and running at 60FPS yet I can't think of any game which looked better... Yes I've played Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Witcher 3, all those AAA games maxed out at 4K yet Uncharted TLL is still miles ahead.

kangarbloodyroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By kangarbloodyroo

No worries I've got the answer, thanks fellas for the discussion.

The X1X is as useful as a glass hammer

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Bait.

kangarbloodyroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kangarbloodyroo

@n64dd said:

Bait.

^ Troll

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

It's not the point but a great bonus... To make those like you supah insecure creating one damage control thread upon another 24/7. Good stuff, keep the BH comin.... Thank you MS... Jazz. :P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56039 Posts

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

The point of it is obvious, it's to make the fanboys of other systems salty. :P

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I guess TC is a fake PC owner. If you truly played a game in real 4k at 60 fps and high graphic settings, you have many titles that look better than Uc4. Heck, modded GTA4 looks better than it. Yes, GTA 4

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

What shit bait.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

You have obtained the rank of "Master Baiter" CONGRATS!!!! Fanboys!

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kuu2  Online
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

The smell of ALTs in the air.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

Not hard to make a climbing simulator/movie game look good. I mean look at the Order or whatever on PS. It is an interactive movie of course it is going to look good dingus.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@kangarbloodyroo said:
@n64dd said:

Bait.

^ Troll

Pot meet kettle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#14 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Oh, the timeless thread "I have a super PC but this Sony game looks much better" I was missing it to be honest. At least it's not The Order.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@sleepnsurf said:

Not hard to make a climbing simulator/movie game look good. I mean look at the Order or whatever on PS. It is an interactive movie of course it is going to look good dingus.

Name another game under uncharted genre that looks better since its not hard.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@AzatiS said:
@sleepnsurf said:

I don't think you really can. Best examples I can think of are Rise of the Tomb Raider and Resident Evil 6

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#17 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

That's cool. Next week, I'll be playing the racing game GOAT, but have fun looking at your games.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AzatiS

@drummerdave9099 said:
@AzatiS said:
@sleepnsurf said:

I don't think you really can. Best examples I can think of are Rise of the Tomb Raider and Resident Evil 6

Exactly. Even many PC games cant go next to Uncharted series. Its not the TFLOPs of PS4 nor the resolution if its 1080p or 4k. Its the awesome work ND puts in the game and they try to make games look phenomenally good for this cinematic appeal they are well known for.

I dont want to even think about what ND would be able to do if they could work on a project based on a high end PC of this era. I just dont want to think about it when on a weaksauce like original PS4 made me , a PC gamer say " omfg , this is look amazing " with uncharted 4.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@kangarbloodyroo: Show me where I have trolled.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

Wow.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Son of a gun, where's that 500 min post rule when you need it ? At least after 500 posts you had some experience shitposting with some quality ..... long gone are the good old days ....

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@kangarbloodyroosaid:

P.S. I always play my games on PC @4K resolution, maxed out and running at 60FPS

No you don't.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 appariti0n

@ArchoNils2 said:

I guess TC is a fake PC owner. If you truly played a game in real 4k at 60 fps and high graphic settings, you have many titles that look better than Uc4.

This.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17421 Posts

....and this is why system wars is dying

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@kangarbloodyroo said:

HOWDY!

I just finished Uncharted TLL, throughout the entire 6.5 hours I was in heaven. The game is just way too beautiful. Every single moment felt way too beautiful to be true... My question is, why bother with a console that is made so that people can run at higher resolution and higher settings if you can't even beat what a 4.2tf console offers?

P.S. I always play my games on PC @4K resolution, maxed out and running at 60FPS yet I can't think of any game which looked better... Yes I've played Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Witcher 3, all those AAA games maxed out at 4K yet Uncharted TLL is still miles ahead.

Sure you do

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

Whats the point of good graphics in a game if it's an interactive movie that only lasts a day?

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

There is no point. Microsoft is just desperate and is trying anything. They have no games so they figure they might as well make better hardware to sell.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@kangarbloodyroo said:

HOWDY!

You do not have a 4k gaming PC or you would laugh at uncharted. I recently played this game after not touching my PS4 for almost a year and realized how bad of graphics that consoles have compared to Ultra on PC.

And don't get me wrong, ND is probably my favorite developer. I love their games. I just use to be solely a console gamer until the Pro was announced and I knew it was my time to build a PC.

TuMekeNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TuMekeNZ
Member since 2016 • 149 Posts

More power will always make a good looking game look better but art and design are more important than pushing resolution.

Have happily been a console gamer and been blown away by various games on said consoles, while knowing full well that there are plenty of PC's playing a lot better versions of the same game. I have never been tempted to build a PC just to get higher res or FPS because games are much more than that.

If all you want is to tout that you have the most powerful console for the next few years then the 1X is for you. If it gets a heap of games that make the most of that power then even better.

Otherwise I'd take Mario on Switch over any currently known Xbox exclusive, and thats coming from a long term Xbox fan which is pretty sad. Hopefully once 1X launch is out of the way they can start pushing new games.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#31  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17796 Posts

I know this is a fakeboy/cow thread, but the real question is... What is the point of 6TF if you still have a shit CPU bottle-necking the system?

Also, LOL at Uncharted running at 30fps.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

and the tears continue

kangarbloodyroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kangarbloodyroo

@ArchoNils2 said:

I guess TC is a fake PC owner. If you truly played a game in real 4k at 60 fps and high graphic settings, you have many titles that look better than Uc4. Heck, modded GTA4 looks better than it. Yes, GTA 4

@Diddies said:
@kangarbloodyroo said:

HOWDY!

You do not have a 4k gaming PC or you would laugh at uncharted. I recently played this game after not touching my PS4 for almost a year and realized how bad of graphics that consoles have compared to Ultra on PC.

And don't get me wrong, ND is probably my favorite developer. I love their games. I just use to be solely a console gamer until the Pro was announced and I knew it was my time to build a PC.

@MonsieurX said:
@kangarbloodyroo said:

HOWDY!

Sure you do

@appariti0n said:

@kangarbloodyroosaid:

No you don't.

I sure do! Now. Which game do you want me to take a screenshot of?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@stuff238 said:

There is no point. Microsoft is just desperate and is trying anything. They have no games so they figure they might as well make better hardware to sell.

Your "XBO has no games" while PC plays XBO games. Strange logic you got there..

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
@ronvalencia said:
@stuff238 said:

Your "XBO has no games" while PC plays XBO games. Strange logic you got there..

Yeah.... Therefore they're no longer XBO exclusive therefore XBO has no exclusive games. What's so strange about that logic?

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

hon

@kangarbloodyroo said:
@ArchoNils2 said:

@Diddies said:
@kangarbloodyroo said:

HOWDY!

@MonsieurX said:
@kangarbloodyroo said:

HOWDY!

Sure you do

@appariti0n said:

@kangarbloodyroosaid:

No you don't.

Show me a pic of your PC and its parts with your username on a paper next to it.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

@PinchySkree said:

Whats the point of good graphics in a game if it's an interactive movie that only lasts a day?

Teehee

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 appariti0n

@kangarbloodyroo: Let's see screenshots of Fallout 1 and 2, Minecraft, the original Everquest, and Baldur's gate on ULTRA for starters.

Avatar image for teso_dos_bichos
Teso_Dos_Bichos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Teso_Dos_Bichos
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

@AzatiS said:
@drummerdave9099 said:
@AzatiS said:
@sleepnsurf said:

Exactly. Even many PC games cant go next to Uncharted series. Its not the TFLOPs of PS4 nor the resolution if its 1080p or 4k. Its the awesome work ND puts in the game and they try to make games look phenomenally good for this cinematic appeal they are well known for.

I dont want to even think about what ND would be able to do if they could work on a project based on a high end PC of this era. I just dont want to think about it when on a weaksauce like original PS4 made me , a PC gamer say " omfg , this is look amazing " with uncharted 4.

"I don't even wanna think about it omfg" lulz, talk about hyperbole, for a cow turned into a half-assed PC owner maybe.

kangarbloodyroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kangarbloodyroo

@Diddies said:

hon

Show me a pic of your PC and its parts with your username on a paper next to it.

g'day, here ya go. I also drew Skip as a bonus

^ That's skip

@appariti0n said:

@kangarbloodyroo: Let's see screenshots of Fallout 1 and 2, Minecraft, the original Everquest, and Baldur's gate on ULTRA for starters.

Don't have em, why the bloody hell would I play those?

TuMekeNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TuMekeNZ
Member since 2016 • 149 Posts

@Enragedhydra: I agree with what you’re saying as I pretty much said I have played games on console that I knew ran better on pc, just didn’t change the fact that I enjoyed the game.

A good game is a good game regardless of hardware and having great hardware doesn’t guarantee a good game... hence why having a powerful new console is kinda pointless without games that make the most of it.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

pretty sure assasins creed origins and star wars battlefront 2 in 4k will shit on uncharted.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

What shit bait.

Bait.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

@Jebus213 said:

What shit bait.

Bait.

Yea love these accounts made by grade schoolers less than a month or so ago.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AzatiS

@teso_dos_bichos said:
@AzatiS said:
@drummerdave9099 said:
@AzatiS said:

"I don't even wanna think about it omfg" lulz, talk about hyperbole, for a cow turned into a half-assed PC owner maybe.

No my friend , thats the truth. The moment i saw Uncharted 4 demo i was speechless by how the game looked for a console of Ps4 caliber. Nothing to hyperbole here , its the truth. And for a fact , my last Sony console that i owned was PS2 so people like you are way more half-assed PC gamers than i ever will.

ND know how to make jaw dropping experiences at least at least how they look and all that in a low end "PC" like PS4 . Imagine what world and with what kind of detail they could create with a high end PC. Nuff said. Now cry me a river for hearing the truth , facts are facts.

Avatar image for teso_dos_bichos
Teso_Dos_Bichos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Teso_Dos_Bichos
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

@AzatiS said:
@teso_dos_bichos said:
@AzatiS said:
@drummerdave9099 said:

No my friend , thats the truth. The moment i saw Uncharted 4 demo i was speechless by how the game looked for a console of Ps4 caliber. Nothing to hyperbole here , its the truth. And for a fact , my last Sony console that i owned was PS2 so people like you are way more half-assed PC gamers than i ever will.

ND know how to make jaw dropping experiences at least at least how they look and all that in a low end "PC" like PS4 . Imagine what world and with what kind of detail they could create with a high end PC. Nuff said. Now cry me a river for hearing the truth , facts are facts.

You own a PS4 and and you say "the last PS I've owned is a PS2", as if there have been a thousand PSs between the two that you've skipped, while basically you've been a cow, and you're a cow now, ... how not being a cow for a couple of years in the middle is supposed to make you more of a PC gamer? That makes you 2/3 or 3/4 cow, and together with the hyperboles re ND, a half-assed PC gamer.