What's the point in buying an Xbox 360 if you own a fairly new PC?

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaddyDC650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DaddyDC650
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

What's the point in buying an Xbox 360 system now that PC users will be able to use Xbox Live and play other Xbox/Xbox 360 owners online via Windows Vista? If you own a PC with a pretty good videocard then you'll able to play some 360 exclusive titles soon on your PC like Gears Of War which is rumored to be coming to the PC and I'm sure other exclusive titles will follow. Sure PC gamers will have to wait a few months to a year at times to play certain 360 games but it's cool since there are a lot of other exclusive PC titles that they could play while they wait. Sure, a lot of Xbox 360 titles won't be coming to the PC but I'm betting that their best games will make their way eventually onto the PC. My point is, why not purchase a Wii or a PS3 if you already own a PC powerful enough to play new games? The only people in MY opinion that should be buying 360's are the people that cannot afford a good enough videocard and or do not own a PC at all.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2007/0129-xbox360andwindowsvista.htm?WText.camp=Community&WText.campSrc=RSS

JeffGenocideX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 JeffGenocideX
Member since 2004 • 4853 Posts
I own a XPS Desktop & Laptop... and i game my 360... i only used my Desktop mabey once. Also if someone wants to buy a X360 even if they have a great PC they can, that just means they will be playing more games instead of just games for the PC.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Now....Gears of War, Rainbow Six Vegas, Lost Planet, Dead Rising, and Viva Pinata.

Soon....Crackdown.

A little after that....Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, and Eternal Sonata.

Then....the big one....Halo 3!

Oh yeah XBL is amazing!

supersaiyan039

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 supersaiyan039
Member since 2006 • 927 Posts
one word banjo kazooie 3
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts
Because not everybody games on PCs or wants to game on PCs.

hatecalledlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hatecalledlove
Member since 2004 • 1383 Posts
theres quite a few games that won't be going the pc at all, then there are a few that wont be going to pc for years. Yea alot of the games are multiplat for both pc and 360 but there are a lot that aren't coming to the pc.So I'd say the point of owning a 360 would be those games that wont make it to pc or wont be on pc for a long while.
Avatar image for -NintendoPower-
-NintendoPower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -NintendoPower-
Member since 2007 • 58 Posts
The only people in MY opinion that should be buying 360's are the people that cannot afford a good enough videocard and or do not own a PC at all.DaddyDC650

Your opinion is flawed. First of all I would like to leave my pc *out of console wars* as much as possible. It's been this way for me ever since I was gaming in the NES vs Sega days. It never was a matter of how similar a console is to the pc because the truth is... pc has so many genre-rich games that consoles simply can't reproduce, thus I leave pc out.

It's no different here. While 360 may seem similar, maybe perhaps because its made by Microsoft... they are 2 different animals and right now the 360 is killing the PS3 no matter how you spin it. If for some reason the PS3 majorly takes the lead in AAA games and overall everything in the future then I might look into trading up for one or something. But for now it seems silly plopping down serious cash for one. No matter who you are. Oh, and buying one for a blu-ray player is equally as silly due to the fact that nobody knows at this point which format will win. If that's the case, then just wait a few more months and I garantee you the blu-ray players will drop in price and also be alot better than whats inside the PS3. I never buy consoles for the movie players (because we all know that in a couple years they will stink compared to standalone players).

The Wii is different and I suggest EVERYONE to not walk but run to their nearest retailer and snag up a Wii. Pick up Zelda, go home and have ALOT OF FUN in front of your tv. I own a $2000 gaming pc put together myself from newegg parts and I rank Wii on up there with that. Something 360 nor PS3 can do (despite their cost).
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="DaddyDC650"]The only people in MY opinion that should be buying 360's are the people that cannot afford a good enough videocard and or do not own a PC at all.-NintendoPower-

Your opinion is flawed.  First of all I would like to leave my pc *out of console wars* as much as possible.  It's been this way for me ever since I was gaming in the NES vs Sega days.  It never was a matter of how similar a console is to the pc because the truth is... pc has so many genre-rich games that consoles simply can't reproduc, thus I leave pc out.

It's no different here.  While 360 may seem similar, maybe perhaps because its made by Microsoft... they are 2 different animals and right now the 360 is killing the PS3 no matter how you spin it.  If for some reason the PS3 majorly takes the lead in AAA games and overall everything in the future then I might look into trading up for one or something.  But for now it seems silly plopping down serious cash for one.  No matter who you are.  Oh, and buying one for a blu-ray player is equally as silly due to the fact that nobody knows at this point which format will win.  If that's the case, then just wait a few more months and I garantee you the blu-ray players will drop in price and also be alot better than whats inside the PS3.  I never buy consoles for the movie players (because we all know that in a couple years they will stink compared to standalone players).

The Wii is different and I suggest EVERYONE to not walk but run to their nearest retailer and snag up a Wii.  Pick up Zelda, go home and have THE MOST FUN you would ever have sitting in front of your tv.  I own a $2000 gaming pc put together myself from newegg parts and I rank Wii on up there with that.  Something 360 nor PS3 can do (despite their cost). 

I agree with you.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#9 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

What's the point in buying an Xbox 360 system now that PC users will be able to use Xbox Live and play other Xbox/Xbox 360 owners online via Windows Vista? DaddyDC650

My 42" LCD HDTV + Recliner + 7.1 Bose Surround Sound >>>>> Any PC set-up.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
I have a good PC and I still play a lot on my 360... you're saying that good 360 exclusives MIGHT come to the PC, but right now they're not. If you want to play Mass Effect, GeoW, Forza 2 or Halo 3, you need a 360. That may change, but this is all speculation. There are also lots of other good games that are console exclusives (never coming to PC) or games that are done better on consoles (SC:DA). Honestly if someone plays a LOT of games, I don't see how they could just have 360 OR PC. I switch between both regularly.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
[QUOTE="DaddyDC650"]

What's the point in buying an Xbox 360 system now that PC users will be able to use Xbox Live and play other Xbox/Xbox 360 owners online via Windows Vista? LosDaddie

you do know that a PC can be hooked up to a TV....... and I also have a 7.1 surround sound system hooked up to my PC.
rabbidcrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rabbidcrazy
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts
I own a PS3 and plan to upgrade my PC to a new one by the years end... so if you have a PS3 and a good PC... then there is no point in owning a 360. 99% of the games for it will go to PS3 or PC. The 1% doesn't justify buying one.
yermomsboxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 yermomsboxx
Member since 2005 • 6348 Posts

Now....Gears of War, Rainbow Six Vegas, Lost Planet, Dead Rising, and Viva Pinata.

Soon....Crackdown.

Oh yeah XBL is amazing!

BioShockOwnz
Don't forget Alan Wake.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BioShockOwnz

I own a PS3 and plan to upgrade my PC to a new one by the years end... so if you have a PS3 and a good PC... then there is no point in owning a 360. 99% of the games for it will go to PS3 or PC. The 1% doesn't justify buying one.rabbidcrazy
Games to justify $600 on PS3-MGS4, DMC4, Uncharted, FFXIII Games to justify $400 on 360-Mass Effect, Halo 3, Halo Wars, Gears of War 2, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey 

I see quite a comparison.

If you own a good PC you don't need a PS3 either.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

Soon....Crackdown.

Oh yeah XBL is amazing!

yermomsboxx
Don't forget Alan Wake.

I listed games that currently aren't scheduled for a PC release so that no cow could try to rip my post apart. :D
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
games... xbox live... couch potato love
haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
The point is, you will need to upgrade your PC in 3 years so that you could play the new games for PC. As for the consoles well yeah buy one you're good with it till the end. (Now you can argue about if a console will last 5 years without being broken or whatsoever)
echelon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 echelon
Member since 2002 • 1199 Posts
theres quite a few games that won't be going the pc at all, then there are a few that wont be going to pc for years. Yea alot of the games are multiplat for both pc and 360 but there are a lot that aren't coming to the pc.So I'd say the point of owning a 360 would be those games that wont make it to pc or wont be on pc for a long while. hatecalledlove

If quite a few Xbox360 games dont go to the PC and vice versa then what is the point in having Live Anywhere? For Live Anywhere to work Microsoft pretty much has to put its big hitters (Halo 3, Gears) on the PC. If they dont then what reason do PC owners have to subscribe to live?
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
There was never a reason to buy a 360.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
PC =/= Console. Likewise Console =/= PC.

Game on what you like. Thats all there is to it.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BioShockOwnz
There was never a reason to buy a 360.DaysAirlines
I love your sarcasm these days. :D
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

Mighty bold statement there.
Spartan_024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Spartan_024
Member since 2003 • 2601 Posts
What's the point of hiding behind the PC t0 bash the 360? Seriously... The PS3 and the Wii are not really that different or better than the PC, so why exclude them? The fact is, the 360 is doing really well, and you can't really use the PS3 and the Wii against it. With the excetion of the Wii's sales, there's nothing really anything you can use against the 360...so you make a thread on how the PC is better. Right now, the 360 has better games and online service. Using the PC is pointless because it will always catch up on consoles no matter what. Don't forget that the 360 has been out fo 1 year and 3 months.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LosDaddie
[QUOTE="LosDaddie"][QUOTE="DaddyDC650"]

What's the point in buying an Xbox 360 system now that PC users will be able to use Xbox Live and play other Xbox/Xbox 360 owners online via Windows Vista? cobrax25

you do know that a PC can be hooked up to a TV....... and I also have a 7.1 surround sound system hooked up to my PC.

Who wants to bring their PC into their living room instead of their office? :|

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LosDaddie

What's the point of hiding behind the PC t0 bash the 360? Spartan_024

Cows tend to hide behind the PC.

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cobrax25
[QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="LosDaddie"][QUOTE="DaddyDC650"]

What's the point in buying an Xbox 360 system now that PC users will be able to use Xbox Live and play other Xbox/Xbox 360 owners online via Windows Vista? LosDaddie

Its as easy as bringing a 360 to your office....
osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 osusfaith
Member since 2006 • 7398 Posts
Cuz the titles that won't come to PC (meaning most Japanese developed 360 titles, which happen to be the reason I got the system, like DOA4, NG2, Dead Rising, lost planet, blue dragon, etc)
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

Nice Halo3 sig. Fakeboy.

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
for gamers there are lots of reasons.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
Contrary to the completely false belief that every Xbox 360 game is a PC port and vice versa, there are some games I'd rather play on my 360 and others I'd rather play on the PC...It's as simple as that. Both machines can coexist..In fact they compliment each other quite nicely.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#31 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

You're right.  If you have a great PC, then the only console you would need should be a wii.

rabbidcrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rabbidcrazy
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

[QUOTE="rabbidcrazy"]I own a PS3 and plan to upgrade my PC to a new one by the years end... so if you have a PS3 and a good PC... then there is no point in owning a 360. 99% of the games for it will go to PS3 or PC. The 1% doesn't justify buying one.BioShockOwnz

Games to justify $600 on PS3-MGS4, DMC4, Uncharted, FFXIII Games to justify $400 on 360-Mass Effect, Halo 3, Halo Wars, Gears of War 2, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey 

Lets add some there...

Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
Killzone 2
Motorstorm
F1
Lair

You listed 6 Xbox 360 games and 5 PS3 games (2 FF13 games). I just added 6 more PS3 titles to the list that will be only on PS3 and will probably be great. Thats 11 vs 5. The extra $100-$200 is justified.

osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 osusfaith
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="rabbidcrazy"]I own a PS3 and plan to upgrade my PC to a new one by the years end... so if you have a PS3 and a good PC... then there is no point in owning a 360. 99% of the games for it will go to PS3 or PC. The 1% doesn't justify buying one.rabbidcrazy

Lets add some there...

Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
Killzone 2
Motorstorm
F1
Lair

You listed 6 Xbox 360 games and 5 PS3 games (2 FF13 games). I just added 6 more PS3 titles to the list that will be only on PS3 and will probably be great. Thats 11 vs 5. The extra $100-$200 is justified.

To add to 360: Dead or Alive 4, Ninja Gaiden 2, DOA Code Chronus, Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Eternal Sonata.....see how we can keep going back and forth here?
-NintendoPower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 -NintendoPower-
To put things further into perspective...

I think too many ppl are focused on certain games such as Alan Wake, Bioshock, Halo, etc that happen to be on Xbox as well as coming to pc. Well, this is certainly great for pc gamers. But really, I can assure you that realistically speaking for the ppl out there who do own a solid pc are not worried about the similar games that can be played on Xbox 360, or any other console. Don't worry, the pc will have lots of AAA games all to themselves soon enough to warrant the purchase of a dx10 capable rig.

The pc and Wii are different experiences and so far away from the average console that they simply can't be compared. The lamest thing I see posted here is bashing on Wii's graphic capabilities. This makes little to no sense. Why is it that ppl still continue to play on their Dreamcast? N64? SNES, and even NES after all these years? My cousins play on their N64 all the time partly due to 2 reasons- lack of funds for new consoles and the N64 had some SUPERB games that are considered timeless, ie can't be outdone in time (which is the best of games).

The Wii will have reasonably good graphics for games, but the true test is titles like Mario, Zelda, Metriod, SSBB, etc that will stand the test of time and I can garantee you that in 20 years their will be lots of kids holding a Wiimote in their hands playing the games made in the next 2-3 years on the Wii. That right there is what makes a console so special.

So it boils down between 360 and PS3 to satisfy console platform needs.  Sony has already lost several key exclusives (GTA4, AC, RE5, VF5, etc) and publishers such as egm and opm said to prepare for even more exclusives lost to 360.  Time will tell.  Knowing this, do you still think the 360 is a waste if you own a fairly new pc?
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#35 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="rabbidcrazy"]I own a PS3 and plan to upgrade my PC to a new one by the years end... so if you have a PS3 and a good PC... then there is no point in owning a 360. 99% of the games for it will go to PS3 or PC. The 1% doesn't justify buying one.rabbidcrazy

Lets add some there...

Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
Killzone 2
Motorstorm
F1
Lair

Not really.  Most of those titles are garbage.  F1 got 4/10 in its most recent review.  Lair looks like like it will be a bust.  Killzone?  Seriously, the PC has plenty of fps better than that series.  Heavenly sword, if I wanted a button masher I can always play diablo. There's just no need for the ps3 or 360.  Just spend your money on a good PC and then get a wii for the console titels.

-NintendoPower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -NintendoPower-
[QUOTE="rabbidcrazy"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="rabbidcrazy"]I own a PS3 and plan to upgrade my PC to a new one by the years end... so if you have a PS3 and a good PC... then there is no point in owning a 360. 99% of the games for it will go to PS3 or PC. The 1% doesn't justify buying one.sonicare

Lets add some there...

Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
Killzone 2
Motorstorm
F1
Lair

Not really. Most of those titles are garbage. F1 got 4/10 in its most recent review. Lair looks like like it will be a bust. Killzone? Seriously, the PC has plenty of fps better than that series. Heavenly sword, if I wanted a button masher I can always play diablo. There's just no need for the ps3 or 360. Just spend your money on a good PC and then get a wii for the console titels.

Exactly.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

Lets add some there...

Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
Killzone 2
Motorstorm
F1
Lair

Ok since were doing this. Crackdown Eternal Sonata Infinite Undiscovery APB-All Points Bulletin Too Human Elveon Banjo Kazooie Huxley City of Metronome Ninja Gaiden 2 Splinter Cell 5 Conviction
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 Rob2223
Member since 2006 • 7524 Posts
no installation, no viruses, spyware etc. HDTVs, 4 player splitscreen, XBLive, Banjo Kazooie 3, Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Halo 3, Gears of War, and other GAMES.
wiistation360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 wiistation360
Member since 2006 • 4209 Posts
to play viva pinata,pgr3,chromehounds,vf5,etc
Click_Clock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Click_Clock
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts
I own a gaming pc (it can run half life 2 flawlessly) yet I game more on my Xbox360, why is that? Millions and millions of people with gaming PCs out there are in my situation, we still game more on our Xboxes. I rather have the best of both worlds.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 cobrax25
no installation, no viruses, spyware etc. HDTVs, 4 player splitscreen, XBLive, Banjo Kazooie 3, Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Halo 3, Gears of War, and other GAMES.Rob2223
how often do you actually get viruses.....and Installation is easy, we have HDTVs..... X-fire is just as good as XBL.... Crysis, Quake wars, Stalker, Suppreme Commander, Spore, Armed Assault, and other GAMES. +mods, KB/M, Dedicated servers, and many others.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

What's the point in buying an Xbox 360 system now that PC users will be able to use Xbox Live and play other Xbox/Xbox 360 owners online via Windows Vista? If you own a PC with a pretty good videocard then you'll able to play some 360 exclusive titles soon on your PC like Gears Of War which is rumored to be coming to the PC and I'm sure other exclusive titles will follow. Sure PC gamers will have to wait a few months to a year at times to play certain 360 games but it's cool since there are a lot of other exclusive PC titles that they could play while they wait. Sure, a lot of Xbox 360 titles won't be coming to the PC but I'm betting that their best games will make their way eventually onto the PC. My point is, why not purchase a Wii or a PS3 if you already own a PC powerful enough to play new games? The only people in MY opinion that should be buying 360's are the people that cannot afford a good enough videocard and or do not own a PC at all.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2007/0129-xbox360andwindowsvista.htm?WText.camp=Community&WText.campSrc=RSS

DaddyDC650

Halo 3

/thread
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 Rob2223
Member since 2006 • 7524 Posts
[QUOTE="Rob2223"]no installation, no viruses, spyware etc. HDTVs, 4 player splitscreen, XBLive, Banjo Kazooie 3, Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Halo 3, Gears of War, and other GAMES.cobrax25
how often do you actually get viruses.....and Installation is easy, we have HDTVs..... X-fire is just as good as XBL.... Crysis, Quake wars, Stalker, Suppreme Commander, Spore, Armed Assault, and other GAMES. +mods, KB/M, Dedicated servers, and many others.

i would rather the games i listed than the ones you did. and got an answer to 4 player splitscreen?
Smithgdwg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Smithgdwg
Member since 2003 • 1886 Posts

[QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="Rob2223"]no installation, no viruses, spyware etc. HDTVs, 4 player splitscreen, XBLive, Banjo Kazooie 3, Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Halo 3, Gears of War, and other GAMES.Rob2223

i would rather the games i listed than the ones you did. and got an answer to 4 player splitscreen?

EEEEWWWW...splitscreen. I shudder at the thought....

Plus Serious Sam and other games had splitscreen.

osusfaith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 osusfaith
Some people prefer the simplicity of console gaming
xXHackettXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#46 xXHackettXx
Member since 2006 • 3560 Posts

What's the point in buying an Xbox 360 system now that PC users will be able to use Xbox Live and play other Xbox/Xbox 360 owners online via Windows Vista? If you own a PC with a pretty good videocard then you'll able to play some 360 exclusive titles soon on your PC like Gears Of War which is rumored to be coming to the PC and I'm sure other exclusive titles will follow. Sure PC gamers will have to wait a few months to a year at times to play certain 360 games but it's cool since there are a lot of other exclusive PC titles that they could play while they wait. Sure, a lot of Xbox 360 titles won't be coming to the PC but I'm betting that their best games will make their way eventually onto the PC. My point is, why not purchase a Wii or a PS3 if you already own a PC powerful enough to play new games? The only people in MY opinion that should be buying 360's are the people that cannot afford a good enough videocard and or do not own a PC at all.

DaddyDC650
Halo 3...
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LosDaddie
[QUOTE="LosDaddie"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="LosDaddie"][QUOTE="DaddyDC650"]

What's the point in buying an Xbox 360 system now that PC users will be able to use Xbox Live and play other Xbox/Xbox 360 owners online via Windows Vista? cobrax25

Its as easy as bringing a 360 to your office....

Is that English?? :|

DaddyDC650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DaddyDC650
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts
[QUOTE="DaddyDC650"]The only people in MY opinion that should be buying 360's are the people that cannot afford a good enough videocard and or do not own a PC at all.-NintendoPower-

Your opinion is flawed. First of all I would like to leave my pc *out of console wars* as much as possible. It's been this way for me ever since I was gaming in the NES vs Sega days. It never was a matter of how similar a console is to the pc because the truth is... pc has so many genre-rich games that consoles simply can't reproduce, thus I leave pc out.

It's no different here. While 360 may seem similar, maybe perhaps because its made by Microsoft... they are 2 different animals and right now the 360 is killing the PS3 no matter how you spin it. If for some reason the PS3 majorly takes the lead in AAA games and overall everything in the future then I might look into trading up for one or something. But for now it seems silly plopping down serious cash for one. No matter who you are. Oh, and buying one for a blu-ray player is equally as silly due to the fact that nobody knows at this point which format will win. If that's the case, then just wait a few more months and I garantee you the blu-ray players will drop in price and also be alot better than whats inside the PS3. I never buy consoles for the movie players (because we all know that in a couple years they will stink compared to standalone players).

The Wii is different and I suggest EVERYONE to not walk but run to their nearest retailer and snag up a Wii. Pick up Zelda, go home and have ALOT OF FUN in front of your tv. I own a $2000 gaming pc put together myself from newegg parts and I rank Wii on up there with that. Something 360 nor PS3 can do (despite their cost).

Well for one, this is the "System Wars" forum, not the console wars. 2nd, the 360 is not "killing" the PS3 nor is it "killing the Wii". The 360 may have the lead in the U.S. but in Japan, it's pretty much dead. According to the latest issue of Famitsu, out of the top 20 games that the market is looking forward to, only 1 360 game made the cut. I could post this information if you would like. 2nd, I never said that people should not purchase an Xbox 360. I said that in MY opinion people who have a kick @ss PC should hold off on an Xbox 360 and purchase a PS3 or a Wii. Mainly because some exclusives WILL come to the PC and a lot of other Xbox 360 games are also available on the other consoles and possibly on the PC. I also understand that a lot of folks purchased an Xbox 360 before Microsoft announced that PC users will be getting LIve and some 360 exclusive titles and probably do not even know that LIve was ever even announced to be available for PC users.
Smithgdwg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Smithgdwg
Member since 2003 • 1886 Posts
I expect a lot more Xbox360 titles to come to the PC, and in a more timely manner, because Microsoft wants people to upgrade to Windows Vista. And to offer these games only for Windows Vista would increase their sales.
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts

DaddyDC650
i like how your entire post is based on....