What's the next Final Fantasy game they should remake?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What's the next Final Fantasy game they should remake? (44 votes)

Hell yea I want another Final Fantasy remake. 48%
Nah, no more remakes. 52%

I'm going to go with one of my favorites, Final Fantasy 8. I used to think it was better than 7. It's been 20 years since I played lol, but I don't know if that opinion holds now. 7 is a classic. Other than that, I think Final Fantasy Tactics would be another great remake idea. How about you, SW? What's the next Final Fantasy game Square-Enix should remake?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#1 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

New FF. New chars, New gameplay :)

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 9994 Posts

I'm enjoying FF7 Remake but it's not my usual thing. Once the FF7 Remake project is complete, I probably won't be buying another FF game.

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 5696 Posts

VIII, actually liked the majority of characters.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 7987 Posts

VII, VIII, and II were my favorite FF games, after they've finished doing FFVII id like to see the other two get remakes.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 6400 Posts

new games

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 9962 Posts

FF Tactics..... Or FF12 or Vagrant Story I just want them to return to Ivalice, its my fav Final Fantasy world.

Oh remake on the same caliber as FF7R. A remaster welp I am out.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 32862 Posts

Would love to see VIII get the remake treatment. III/VI would be amazing as well.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 46917 Posts

None

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 8212 Posts

None of them. Do Parasite Eve instead. Xenogears would be my first choice but thats a pipe dream.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14042 Posts

I would want IX to be remade.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

VI but with all the terrible voice acting is the remake, i would rather not have it. Although i hated VII when I originally played it so thats why I didn’t get the remake.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 217

#12 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 15224 Posts

FF6 could do with a remake. Not that cheap mobile remake from a few years ago, but a proper FF7R treatment.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9190 Posts

I think I’ll be good on Remakes after FFVII project. they should take their time and make a good FFXVI.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3792 Posts

I'd say the first game. I think it'd be a good test bed for intercompany crossovers, n' i think the ideal situation for a FF1 remake would be to have game development outsourced to Bandai Namco Studios Inc., so as to introduce the Tales Series' Linear Motion Battle System to the Final Fantasy franchise.

Should that happen, would Motoi Sakuraba still be doing the soundtrack or would that fall on Motoi Sakuraba's lap?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 15769 Posts

With modern SE at the helm? None. Build Trump's wall around them to protect that shit at all costs.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 57390 Posts

6/8/9 would be my go-to, but this would be decades down the line, and would probably suffer, especially if no original staff were around.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#17 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6068 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

I think they should go from Final Fantasy VI and work their way to X. But the most likely scenario will probably be FFVIII getting a remake next.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#18  Edited By adsparky
Member since 2006 • 1947 Posts

As much as i like FFIX i think it could lose its charm with a remake, same goes for VI, but i gladly take a remake of Parasite Eve and one of Final Fantasy Tactics.

FieldDelver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FieldDelver
Member since 2020 • 7 Posts

I would definitely like to see ffvi get the remake treatment. It would be awesome seeing the Blackjack or Kefka's Tower with modern graphics. I'm not sure they would take the risk from a business standpoint though. Ff7 remake was more or less a guaranteed moneymaker, but the others are more iffy.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 7798 Posts

I never got the chance to play FFVII, finally it was remade 23 years later and I can say it is one of my favourite games of the generation. Absolutely phenomenal gameplay and arguably the best combat system in any game of the last decade, bar perhaps games like Devil May Cry 5.

Didn't play FFVIII or FFIX either, two all time great RPGs. FFX was my first, and even that game is 19 years old now. top 3 best game ever for me. I tempted to buy the remaster, but at this rate I might just want to wait a generation for a proper remake.

So I want FFVIII remake for PS5 in ≈ 2022, then FFIX remake ≈ 2024 and finally FFX remake in ≈ 2026. Day 1 buy for all three.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 19827 Posts

In terms of games that could use a remake, would probably make the most sense to carry on with 8 and 9. They're not quite as rough around the edges as OG FFVII, but still pretty rough, and FFIX is just sooooo sloooow to the point that I'd rather not replay it.

But if they're just looking to make safe bets, seems mainstream popularity goes 7>10>6. Pretty sure they could safely remake 10 and 6 with the FF7R budget.

10 still holds up pretty well though, especially with the remaster. Of course 6 is an ancient ass game, but still plays nice and snappy, precedes the bloat and cringe shit that became common in JRPGs, and still looks more than fine for an old 2d game. So a remake could just be doing a good game disservice.

The others? I think just about any FF remake would sell, but split into larger parts as a big budget deal? Probably too risky. A faithful overhaul would suffice. Just redo all the visual aspects (IN THEIR ORIGINAL CONCEPT ART STYLE NOT THIS WEIRD REALISTIC ANIME SHIT), make QOL changes, maybe a bit of added content. Not only would this be way cheaper, would also be what people actually want lol.

Personally, FFVI is my fav and I used to really want a fully realized remake. Buuut I had my concerns over how modern SE would handle it. And now I see that those concerns were justified.

Please don't touch FFVI SE. And if they ever do, please either put Yoshi-P on the project, bring Sakaguchi out of his surfing retirement, or go find Ito. I trust those dudes enough as leads, just no Nomura/Nojima tainting that shiz, plz.

While I'm at it, same goes for FFIV.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 1594 Posts

I want a reboot, or at least new old game. Go back to classic roots of Final Fantasy... medieval, knights, monsters, magic, etc. I would prefer the classic look, or at least in the realm of IX, but I don't want realistic looking worlds or characters.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 19701 Posts

C'mon OP you're not this stupid right? They haven't even finished the first remake and won't be finished until way into next gen, and you want them to do another one lol.

And they should just leave the best FF game (FF8) and butcher something else.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 42790 Posts

They should remake 8 and make canon that fan theory where Squall actually died, but do in the opening intro of the game. And not play as Squall.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ConanTheStoner  Online

@uninspiredcup said:

They should remake 8 and make canon that fan theory where Squall actually died, but do in the opening intro of the game. And not play as Squall.

Yes. Just make the game follow Laguna, Kiros and Ward on their journey. Much cooler party with way the **** better battle music. Was always disappointed when those flashbacks would end and I'd have to go back to the regular bums.

Shit, why does SE do that? Even in FFX, the flashbacks of Braska, Auron, and Jecht seem way cooler than the actual game.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 28285 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

C'mon OP you're not this stupid right? They haven't even finished the first remake and won't be finished until way into next gen, and you want them to do another one lol.

I can't imagine you playing a Final Fantasy game. Is 8 your favorite because you get to drive a car? Lol. Then FF15 should be your favorite.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 42790 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Yes. Just make the game follow Laguna, Kiros and Ward on their journey. Much cooler party with way the **** better battle music. Was always disappointed when those flashbacks would end and I'd have to go back to the regular bums.

Shit, why does SE do that? Even in FFX, the flashbacks of Braska, Auron, and Jecht seem way cooler than the actual game.

Think that's about where I stopped playing. Did seem weird how it just jumped to this shit, sure it goes somewhere and has a payoff, but kinda don't give a shit by that point.

From what I remember the default party are like some elite group, but they all sound like mentally defective hippy 13 year olds hanging around with that kid who smokes on his way to school look cool, about as subtle as a brick and as charming as the Gungans.

Something like The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky has all these tropes down to a T, but those games are great, Final Fantasy 8 is like a big danger sign not to play weeb games.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 19701 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@i_p_daily said:

I can't imagine you playing a Final Fantasy game. Is 8 your favorite because you get to drive a car? Lol. Then FF15 should be your favorite.

That's casual4ever bad levels of trolling, you should be and probably are embarrassed with that. Here let me help you out.

Since this thread is tragic, why don't you start a thread about the other episodes of the remake, reimaging, refucking or whatever you call it these days, asking where people think if Sony is going to PAY for a year exclusivity of the other episodes, that way you and other cows can wet your panties with excitement when the poll goes in your favour LMFAO.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 2790 Posts

@fedor: same. xenogears is way better than any ff imo

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 44587 Posts

Either a new game or don't bother at all.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ConanTheStoner  Online
@uninspiredcup said:

From what I remember the default party are like some elite group, but they all sound like mentally defective hippy 13 year olds hanging around with that kid who smokes on his way to school look cool, about as subtle as a brick and as charming as the Gungans.

Something like The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky has all these tropes down to a T, but those games are great, Final Fantasy 8 is like a big danger sign not to play weeb games.

Yup, sounds about right.

The FF games on SNES were completely different, charming casts of characters, actually kinda sucked when you'd lose one.

FFVII went full animu, but still an enjoyable enough cast I guess. At least Cid is great lol.

With FFVIII, the bottom fell out. Couldn't begin to give a shit about those characters. Pretty sure only FFXIII is worse.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts

They seem to be better at remakes than with sequels. The sequels went downhill after IX. I think they should remake IX, the best one.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By schu
Member since 2003 • 10149 Posts

I'd like to see 9 remade or 3/6.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 3033 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: FF Tactics. Full budget AAA on modern hardware! Not dumbed down like the gameboy entries either.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#35 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 45061 Posts

No more remakes. This gen has become oversaturated with revisiting of old games at full price. Next gen looks like sequel paradise.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2472 Posts

They should finish this remake first and then another team make new ff game base on that agni's philosophy tech demos. I just like when ff takes place on that type of setting.

Loading Video...

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#37 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 3486 Posts

Tactics. I'd love a remake and continuation of this.

Xenogears if they could do the original 6 games as planned into the game.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 VirusVaccine21
Member since 2020 • 748 Posts

First off, knowing Square Enix, they'll finish the FF7 remake in 2030. Anyhow, FF8 seems like a great choice, they already have the FF7 engine running so it shouldn't be too hard.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4038 Posts

It would be amazing if they could just use the talent to make new games.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 15769 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: have you finished FFVIIR?

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JasonOfA36  Online
Member since 2016 • 2384 Posts

I'm torn. I want a 3d FF6 or Tactics, but I don't want Squenix to ruin both of their games. Not that 7 is ruined, but it could happen.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 37230 Posts

The only good one, Lost Odyssey. :P

BIOKILLER123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BIOKILLER123
Member since 2010 • 940 Posts

I'm bias I want them to remake FF9. However, I think judging by the consensus FF6 was probably the second best one FF. Maybe FF6.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 57390 Posts

@BIOKILLER123 said:

I'm bais I want them to remake FF9. However, I think judging by the consensus FF6 was probably the second best one FF. Maybe FF6.

FF9 100% deserves a decent remake, and not this episodic shit. That being said, they'd really need to rework the art, otherwise it would look weird as shit.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1294 Posts

Tactics

TACTICS

TAAAACTIIIIICCCSSSSSSS

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 2055 Posts

Do a remake for VI

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Need a Tactics: WotL port to Steam complete with modding tools for people to create their own scenarios and classes.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1740 Posts
@virusvaccine21 said:

First off, knowing Square Enix, they'll finish the FF7 remake in 2030. Anyhow, FF8 seems like a great choice, they already have the FF7 engine running so it shouldn't be too hard.

ffviir engine is the Unreal Engine LOL.

@Ibacai said:

I would want IX to be remade.

FFIX was the best of the PS1 FF, so that would make sense but it is not the most popular--and SE barely just did the remastered version, so I doubt it. I do want IX as well.