Whats the best prince of persia game?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

Poll Whats the best prince of persia game? (25 votes)

Prince of persia 12%
Prince of persia 2 0%
Prince of persia 3d 0%
Prince of persia sands of time 64%
Prince of persia warrior within 12%
Prince of persia two thrones 0%
Prince of persia (2008) 12%

Hello friends,

No Caption Provided

Since Controversial sands of time remake around the corner. in this thread we discuss and vote what is the best POP game ever made in history shall we?

well for me its easily Sands of time as its obvious. It was pretty good puzzle platforming action game with pretty decent combat way better than todays third person one button combat, the rewind thing was refreshing and it worked very well. before SOT no one think highly of POP games except DOS ones which become outdated not long after and there was 3D POP game which was bad.

After SOT series become bad again as ubisoft have no idea what to do next.

anyways so which one is best POP game? lets discuss.

• 
Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 9823 Posts

Still Sands of Time but I enjoyed most of them.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#2 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 1927 Posts

Haven't played them all, but from the ones it's Sands of Time.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 57045 Posts

It's been so long, but I think SoT like those above.

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ZmanBarzel  Online
Member since 2014 • 2358 Posts

Voted "Sands of Time," but also loved the remake of the original that Ubi released that used the Sands art style.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 13976 Posts

Warrior Within

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 42123 Posts

Objectively it absolutely isn't. but my soft spot is for the original. It was really impressive for the time, even on weaker hardware.

I mean this is a ZX spectrum, a fucking toaster, a JPEG has more data than this game.

Loading Video...

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 43996 Posts

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time get's my vote.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 commander
Member since 2010 • 15966 Posts

voted warrior within

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 10115 Posts

Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands is the best 3D one. It's focused and well executed. The different powers are used interesting ways and fit in with the gameplay style. Combat and bosses were good.

Prince of Persia is the best 2D one. The SNES, Genesis, PC, and Gameboy versions are all good, I finished them all. The SNES version had some interesting differences.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 3403 Posts

Only played PoP SoT, but never had the desire to play any other games in the series after that one. Maybe I should've played more from the series.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 clone01
Member since 2003 • 28421 Posts

@ghosts4ever: you don't play games anyway, just troll forums. why do you care?

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 319 Posts

I've only played Sands Quadrilogy + 2008

I might have to give it 2 Thrones. It's the most well rounded imo. Lets you skip almost all the combat, great sound track. Dark Prince is amusing... Farah is really annoying.

Sands of Time is really short, and shoves combat down your throat too often. Has the most charm of any of them.

WW doesn't have any big flaws imo asides from emo prince.

Forgotten Sands has some really great platforming, mostly towards the end, combat and story are meh.

2008 is decent. Collecting light seeds is tedious.

Magnum3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13 Magnum3000
Member since 2020 • 1301 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Warrior Within

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#14 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6591 Posts

Gotta go Sands of Time. To me, stylistically, the world design and aesthetic far outpaces the rest of the trilogy. Loved the castle, the art direction, the soundtrack... Despite all the flaws I thought it was great.

How can anyone pick Warrior Within? Ugly as shit art style and the Godsmack soundtrack? grosssssss

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 51959 Posts

ww

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Forgotten sands, you forgot it lol

Thats my favorite

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 16124 Posts

So it appears that sands of time is only fan fav POP by large margin.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ghosts4ever

@jeezers said:

Forgotten sands, you forgot it lol

Thats my favorite

i did forgot it put on poll. its also most forgattable game in series too.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 35290 Posts

I'm going to vote Warrior Within because it did improve the combat over Sands of Time.

The soundtrack was ... hard to get into at first, but eventually I grew to appreciate it.

Sure, the story it's not that good. But it was build in a different era where scantily clad women were still a thing in video games.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:

I'm going to vote Warrior Within because it did improve the combat over Sands of Time.

The soundtrack was ... hard to get into at first, but eventually I grew to appreciate it.

Sure, the story it's not that good. But it was build in a different era where scantily clad women were still a thing in video games.

it only did improve combat. everything else is step back. its more dark soul and less POP. i mean dark soul before dark soul.

Magnum3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Magnum3000

@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

it only did improve combat. everything else is step back. its more dark soul and less POP. i mean dark soul before dark soul.

Its more challenging than the games you play. The Dahaka chases and the boss fight were hardest (Unless you found the ultimate sword) in those days.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 8120 Posts

Sands of Time has the best story, pacing and aesthetics imo.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ghosts4ever

@magnum3000 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Its more challenging than the games you play. The Dahaka chases and the boss fight were hardest (Unless you found the ultimate sword) in those days.

shift in edgy tone is very unprince actually.

its more like dark soul before dark soul.

Magnum3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Magnum3000

@ghosts4ever said:
@magnum3000 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

shift in edgy tone is very unprince actually.

its more like dark soul before dark soul.

It was a hardcore game and most darkest than any POP before or after it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever: the music and style switched, but that doesn't make it edgy or gothic. It's just a different style.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 216

#26  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 15082 Posts

1. The Sands of Time

2. The Two Thrones

3. Warrior Within

4. Prince of Persia (original)

5. Prince of Persia (2008)

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ghosts4ever: the music and style switched, but that doesn't make it edgy or gothic. It's just a different style.

It is different but its very unprince. POP theme is arabian 1001 nights and aladdin inspired or can say badass aladin actually.

I can say warrior within is second best after SOT since two thrones was worst in trilogy and pretty bad.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever: I never got a chance to play the third one, what made the two thrones so bad?

Magnum3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Magnum3000

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ghosts4ever: I never got a chance to play the third one, what made the two thrones so bad?

Don't listen to him. TTT is quite awesome and fitting end to the triology. Best is you get to play as the dark prince also. Some epic boss fights including the finale with the vazier.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:

stealth, speed kill system that skip combat, ugly dark prince theme. its just wierd.

only thing good about it is original voice actor returned.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 4460 Posts

Original 2 by Jorden Mechner were great and even 3D which gets slack for bad controls is quite good. People need to remember that it was one of the first 3D games and developers were also trying to learn. Though no disagreements there that the controls suck but the game world was still very decent and worthy of Prince of Persia name.

From Ubisoft: Warrior Within without a doubt. Too bad Ubisoft never quite get the same combat again and in this day and age you won't be getting something like that at all.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks said:

Original 2 by Jorden Mechner were great and even 3D which gets slack for bad controls is quite good. People need to remember that it was one of the first 3D games and developers were also trying to learn. Though no disagreements there that the controls suck but the game world was still very decent and worthy of Prince of Persia name.

From Ubisoft: Warrior Within without a doubt. Too bad Ubisoft never quite get the same combat again and in this day and age you won't be getting something like that at all.

come on my friend. it was released in 1999. one year after Half life 1, a game that change the shape of gaming forever not just 3D game. Doom 1993 can be regarded as one of the first 3D game.

this is no excuse for making bad game as 1999 was very advanced year when it comes to 3D games unless you play on console.

because during that era we got Half life, Thief, System shock and others. 1 year later we got Deus Ex 1 aka still best game ever made.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 26517 Posts

I've played SoT, WW, TT and 2008.

SoT was the only one I enjoyed.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

I've played SoT, WW, TT and 2008.

SoT was the only one I enjoyed.

although I talk bad about 2008 one but i actually has best controls in series especially for KB/M.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 4460 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

come on my friend. it was released in 1999. one year after Half life 1, a game that change the shape of gaming forever not just 3D game. Doom 1993 can be regarded as one of the first 3D game.

this is no excuse for making bad game as 1999 was very advanced year when it comes to 3D games unless you play on console.

because during that era we got Half life, Thief, System shock and others. 1 year later we got Deus Ex 1 aka still best game ever made.

It began development way earlier that 1999 and went through multiple hurdles. It didn't even had mouse support. Not saying any of it is excusable but just showing the constraints this game had. You can remake it today with good controls and it will leap frog 99% of your typical action adventure games.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks said:

It began development way earlier that 1999 and went through multiple hurdles. It didn't even had mouse support. Not saying any of it is excusable but just showing the constraints this game had. You can remake it today with good controls and it will leap frog 99% of your typical action adventure games.

doesnot matter how many years in development. by this logic game was way below its time. late 90s and early 00s was peak of gaming and releasing badly rushed and incomplete game if it release today, fans would eat it alive. especially if it was made by ubisoft. plus it was also early tomb raider clone. and early tomb raider were also incredibly clunky.

Max payne 1 was first ever third person game that has amazing controls and has FPS quality.