What's Pound-For-Pound The WORST Gaming Site?

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for black_chamber99
#1 Posted by black_chamber99 (1696 posts) -

i'd say kotaku

kotaku is like the TMZ of videogames

#2 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

Gametrailers

#3 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -
I dont think this is system wars material
#4 Posted by Maneil99 (842 posts) -

Gs, Mcshea is an idiot

#5 Posted by Legendaryscmt (12532 posts) -

Some of Gamefront's articles are questionable sometimes. I remember one of them even had the editor insulting the readers.

#6 Posted by dracolich55 (2343 posts) -
Destructoid- most unreliable reviews EVER.....
#7 Posted by TrapJak (2933 posts) -

Destructoid- most unreliable reviews EVER.....dracolich55
Really? I've heard they're pretty solid.

Guess I need to check that site out again. Anyway, my answer would be Kotaku.

#8 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

Destructoid- most unreliable reviews EVER.....dracolich55

Why because the reviews are genuienly BAD or do they just not give your games the score that they "deserve?"

#9 Posted by MercenaryMafia (2917 posts) -

All of them. Gamespot hasn't been the same since Jeff and the other editors left. I still enjoy the forums though.

#10 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]Destructoid- most unreliable reviews EVER.....Goyoshi12

Why because the reviews are genuienly BAD or do they just not give your games the score that they "deserve?"

Because of Jim Stirling.
#11 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]Destructoid- most unreliable reviews EVER.....IAmNot_fun

Because of Jim Stirling.

Oh....yeah I guess that's a good point then.

Or...bad point. Whatever.

#12 Posted by DarkLink77 (32731 posts) -

IGN or Kotaku.

Destructoid actually isn't all that bad. I've agreed with Sterling on as many things I've disagreed with him on.

#13 Posted by AdamPA1006 (6422 posts) -

Gamespot. Their recent article on war games and gamers in the armed forces is the first godo article I have read on here in months

#14 Posted by dracolich55 (2343 posts) -

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]Destructoid- most unreliable reviews EVER.....Goyoshi12

Well for one they thought Killzone 3 had a good story or something like that (LOL) and they critisize TW2 for being "too hard to get into"...... And theirs that one dude who thought Viva Pinata had the best graphics this gen....
#15 Posted by dracolich55 (2343 posts) -
[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]Destructoid- most unreliable reviews EVER.....IAmNot_fun

Because of Jim Stirling.

Th, heh. It seems strange, but all the bad reviews seem to come from Jim sterling...
#16 Posted by bobcheeseball (9316 posts) -
So much for home court advantage....:x System Wars posters you all should be ashamed of yourselves. You visit this site on the daily for healthy discussion and you take it for granted. smh go to those other sites if you like them so much gtfo [spoiler] jk I voted for GS too for the lulz [/spoiler]
#17 Posted by AAllxxjjnn (19992 posts) -
I would say Game Trailers, but I like their Retrospectives. So I'm going to go with Kotaku.
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#18 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

Kotaku easily.

#19 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7329 posts) -
Kotaku is terrible
#20 Posted by lulmont (671 posts) -

Kotaku

#21 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Going with GameSpot.

#22 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

As much as I hate to say it other than the forums Gamespot is pretty much inferior in every way to the other major game sites. IGN at least puts out some interesting podcasts and has a good number articles (something Gamespot is sorely missing), and Kotaku usually gets more obscure stuff that is interesting to read. Gamespot is consistently late on news and reviews and I really don't care how so much of the content they put out is video based. Would much rather see more opinion pieces.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
#23 Posted by deactivated-58b6232955e4a (15594 posts) -
Kotaku.
#24 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26415 posts) -

Obviously Gamespot!

In all seriousness though, Kotaku is a worthless cess-pit that offers nothing beneficial to the gaming community.

#25 Posted by MercenaryMafia (2917 posts) -
Why all the Kotaku hate?
#26 Posted by BPoole96 (22817 posts) -

Gamespot because of System Wars. What a cesspool of idiots.

#27 Posted by goblaa (19304 posts) -

Whats wrong with Kotaku? Though, I'l be honest, I don't visit their site that often.

#28 Posted by FireSpirit117 (1926 posts) -
Kotaku
#29 Posted by Blade8Aus (1819 posts) -

I think the better gaming websites/magazines are focused on one platform. Probably because they aren't there to crap on the things they don't like that the readers might have an interest in.

Also, I don't mind Kotaku. But I guess that's because I'm more interested in their news than their opinions.

*EDIT*

And I guess that's because of the layout of their website, in contrast with, say, GiantBomb's.

#30 Posted by joel_c17 (3206 posts) -
kotaku and gamespot are really up there for me. Kotaku for their flaming and GS for their horrible reviewers/uninteresting website. The only thing i come here for are the forums.
#31 Posted by jman1553 (1332 posts) -
Kotaku. This is not debatable.
#32 Posted by layton2012 (3489 posts) -
Well personally I hate G4, but that may have more to do with the people, but I guess Kotaku or Destructoid?
#33 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
I am more into gaming than into gaming sites, so I don't really go to many gaming sites. In fact the only one in your poll that I visit is this one.
#34 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
kotaku and gamespot are really up there for me. Kotaku for their flaming and GS for their horrible reviewers/uninteresting website. The only thing i come here for are the forums.joel_c17
That's the only reason I come here as well.
#35 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

gamespot because sometimes their reviews don't exactly match the metacritic average.

#36 Posted by FireSpirit117 (1926 posts) -
Alot of people choosing GS I see. I can see why GS gets a bad rep, but compared to most other sites I've noticed, GS seems like heaven in comparison.
#37 Posted by JohnF111 (14187 posts) -
Gamespot since it has that weird nerdy lookin guy with bad social skills.. Can't remember his name but he does really bad reviews.
#38 Posted by Thefatness16 (4673 posts) -

Kotaku

1up

Joystiq

CVG

Pretty much anything under Future publishing

#39 Posted by BPoole96 (22817 posts) -

Gamespot since it has that weird nerdy lookin guy with bad social skills.. Can't remember his name but he does really bad reviews.JohnF111

Mark Walton?

#40 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

Edge, because people actually believe they are credible.

#41 Posted by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -
IGN
#42 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

Also lmao, what's with the gamespot hate? You guys are on here so much yet think it's the worst gaming website?:?

#43 Posted by JohnF111 (14187 posts) -

[QUOTE="JohnF111"]Gamespot since it has that weird nerdy lookin guy with bad social skills.. Can't remember his name but he does really bad reviews.BPoole96

Mark Walton?

I can't remember but be was in a video arguing with a Medal of Honor guy about the game being called Authentic and he couldn't understand that it has a different meaning to what he thought it was. The EA guy was getting quite angry and the GS guy couldn't let it go and in the end the interview was terrible.
#44 Posted by DarkLink77 (32731 posts) -
1upThefatness16
wat 1up has great articles and interviews.
#45 Posted by TrapJak (2933 posts) -

Also lmao, what's with the gamespot hate? You guys are on here so much yet think it's the worst gaming website?:?

GD1551

Out of all the gaming sites on the list, I think Gamespot has the best forum format.

But honestly, GS sucks as a gaming site.

Avatar image for Tezcatlipoca666
#46 Posted by Tezcatlipoca666 (7241 posts) -

Gamespot is pretty bad now... the seemingly arbitrary reviews scores and other nonsensical things really ruin it. At least the forums are acceptable.

I don't ever read Kotaku so I don't know first hand if it is really as bad as many people seem to think.

#47 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5671 posts) -

I only visit Gamespot for the forums. Gamespot is terrible at reviews. The worst one I can remember at the top of my head was for Tools of Destruction, the reviewer said it had "too much variety".

It's like wtf.

#48 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38222 posts) -

No GT option?

#49 Posted by mems_1224 (56870 posts) -
Gamespot, easily. The editors here are God awful. Kotaku is at least a decent read when you're taking a dump.
#50 Posted by AdamPA1006 (6422 posts) -

How can you not like Kotaku? They have the most variety and wide ranging opinions. Articles are 50x better than gamespot. And yeah I like the forums of GS the best, but its honestly the worst gaming site I pay the least amount of heed to their reviews, and their gaming articles are really lacking.