What's a franchise you love that everyone else hates?

• 59 results
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45650 Posts

Mine's Assassin's Creed.

I love the worlds that Ubisoft creates, I always wanted to be a time traveler and that is exactly what the AC series does best: it puts you in boots of a person that lived in the past.

At its worst the gameplay can be bad and the game is full of jank (massive downgrade in animations from Unity to Mirage) as shown below.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 43786 Posts

3D Chess!! ;o

lol :P

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12568 Posts

Crackdown. Just the open world freedom of kicking ass, explosions, leveling up your character and of course....THE ORBS

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 R4gn4r0k

@kvallyx said:

Crackdown. Just the open world freedom of kicking ass, explosions, leveling up your character and of course....THE ORBS

Ah yes, the spin off of GTA From one of the original devs as well I think?

I've been meaning to try the orginal as it's Xbox One X optimized so rendered in beautiful 4K (on both the One X as well as Series X). Microsoft was even nice enough to give it away for free, and I think it still is.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 R4gn4r0k
@SecretPolice said:

3D Chess!! ;o

Dude there's a ton of Rare games to pick one, basically every single one post MS acquisition got some form of hate :p

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3178 Posts

Can't think of any to be honest.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SecretPolice

@R4gn4r0k:

It's funny that I was being serious for a sec and about to say Crackdown but went the unserious route but boom, there's Crackdown from Kvallyx so see, even when just goofing I get'er done. lolol :P

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9145 Posts

dead rising and dying light for me

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R4gn4r0k

@CTR360 said:

Yeah dead rising 4 sold really poorly, and admittedly was a step down from DR3 but I miss that franchise daily. If you see all the bad zombie games coming out (like the walking dead) I just think back of Dead Rising as the most fun zombie franchise ever.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 R4gn4r0k
@AcidTango said:

Can't think of any to be honest.

Well to be fair I kinda cheated as AC is a multi-million selling franchise and AC Mirage sold even more than Valhalla from what I've read. It's just that every one here hates on it, so the definition of "most hated" or "everyone hates it" can vary :)

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By R4gn4r0k
@SecretPolice said:

@R4gn4r0k:

It's funny that I was being serious for a sec and about to say Crackdown but went the unserious route but boom, there's Crackdown from Kvallyx so see, even when just goofing I get'er done. lolol :P

What about Blinx? Were you a Xbox gamer back in those days?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52414 Posts

AC. Same answer. Beautiful worlds. I just like being in them. There's so little to them in terms of everything else, but that's fine. Can just sit down and play, do useless easy stuff in nice environments.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55636 Posts

Dead Island games come to as they are a good guilty pleasure zombie games I enjoy just killing zombies while gamers hate the franchise. For a good reason I say but I just enjoy them🤷‍♂️

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60628 Posts

Lost Odyssey, MotorStorm and I do love AC and enjoyed Valhalla a lot.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R4gn4r0k

@freedomfreak said:

AC. Same answer. Beautiful worlds. I just like being in them. There's so little to them in terms of everything else, but that's fine. Can just sit down and play, do useless easy stuff in nice environments.

I loved that AC Origins had animals that were just going about their daily lives, it had the pelicans and birds that would fly up and get disturbed as you passed along. Ubisoft games are just filled with little details like that.

AC Mirage for me was all about exploring the world and picking up those historical tid bits.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By R4gn4r0k
@davillain said:

Dead Island games come to as they are a good guilty pleasure zombie games I enjoy just killing zombies while gamers hate the franchise. For a good reason I say but I just enjoy them🤷‍♂️

Never liked Dead Island 1 ... apart from that award winning trailer. But I love the second entry and its spin off series, Dying Light. Some of the most zombie slaying fun I've had.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SecretPolice

@R4gn4r0k said:
@SecretPolice said:

@R4gn4r0k:

Yup, bought OG Xbox day one. Wasn't much of a Blinx fan but oddly enough there's a super cow here or used to be, forgot his name, that was a yuuuge fan of the game and always said it needs a sequel.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain  Moderator

@R4gn4r0k: If you haven't already, you should look into Dead Island 2 as it's more grounded zombie killing without the parkour system from Dying Light games.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#19 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41424 Posts

Elder Scrolls (Beyond Morrowind)

Fallout (Bethesda era... which was STILL responsible for New Vegas)

Sonic series (Beyond the Genesis/Mega Drive games and Mania)

Star Fox (Beyond 64/Lylat Wars)

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 853 Posts

I'm not sure. At this point there's a niche for everything, and everything has a cult following except for truly s***ty games.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9831 Posts

I see your AC....... and raise with Ubisoft in general 😅😊! I am a happy subscriber of Ubisoft +.

I am secretely in love with AC, despite its many problems. It has more potential for me, than any other IP. Unfortunately the execution has been a bit lacking. But the core concepts are so strong that it still offers an overall awesome experience.

But I also even more secretely like FarCry! Playing FarCry 6 now and it's a lot of fun. I like their form of casual stealth. It's a really fun gameplay loop. You are OP as hell, but it's still fun to toy with the guards.

PoP and Splinter Cell are also excellent. Rayman is fun. Let's see if Avatar can deliver!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 R4gn4r0k

@davillain said:

@R4gn4r0k: If you haven't already, you should look into Dead Island 2 as it's more grounded zombie killing without the parkour system from Dying Light games.

I modded Dead Island 2 so my weapons didnt break and I had infinite ammo for guns. I also refused to make my weapons lighting-y or fire-y. Safe to say it was a ton of fun though :p

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k
@SecretPolice said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@SecretPolice said:

@R4gn4r0k:

Yup, bought OG Xbox day one. Wasn't much of a Blinx fan but oddly enough there's a super cow here or used to be, forgot his name, that was a yuuuge fan of the game and always said it needs a sequel.

What are your favourite games of those early days of Xbox? I know a ton of people had halo, but was there anything else. Or was it more of "just wait" approach? :p

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24745 Posts

Metro is one of the best franchise and best trilogy in gaming. doesnot get love here or mostly hated I guess.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SecretPolice

@R4gn4r0k said:
@SecretPolice said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@SecretPolice said:

@R4gn4r0k:

What are your favourite games of those early days of Xbox? I know a ton of people had halo, but was there anything else. Or was it more of "just wait" approach? :p

Oh heck yeah. I've always maintained OG Xbox has the finest line up of launch games and I bought'em all day one with the console. ;)

All OG's...

Halo CE

Project Gotham Racing

Fusion Frenzy

Ghost Recon

Also..

DOA3.

And that's just launch day.

I probably built a library of about 3 dozen or so games before 360 launched. Splinter Cells, Ridick, Shenmues, PSO's etc ... all great stuff!!

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy

@R4gn4r0k: There was DOA3, Rallisport, SSX Tricky, Max Payne, Silent Hill 2, JSRF, Morrowind

It sounds decent but they came in late and PS2/GC already had a growing library with more popular games, so it felt like "just wait" - especially because PS2 was playing GTA3 and then Vice City already. It didn't really kick in until Xbox finally got GTA, and Halo 2 and Ninja Gaiden, then they started getting more rounded out.

@Sushiglutton: I played one Far Cry and really enjoyed it, but then other games took inspiration and you could find similar mechanics everywhere, and the sequels felt like they stuck very close to the formula which can be good for those who like it but then it all started to feel same-y. Still, I respect giving people more of what they want, if they want it. There are some games where I wish I had more similar experiences instead of deviations.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#27 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14405 Posts

I suppose pokemon.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 37110 Posts

No such thing. I have quality taste, and i don't enjoy shit games. People hate on AssCreed for a reason, its an unplayable shitshow.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22296 Posts

I always say I'm done with creed.... And then 80 hours later I'm hunting down something stupid.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaVillain  Moderator

I don't really dislike Assassin's Creed games at all. They are a take-it-or-leave-it type of franchise games if it looks good, I'll buy it or just skip it. I still enjoy Assassin's Creed Origin but haven't gotten around to playing Valhalla or even Mirage yet.

All in all, Ubisoft never disappoints😉

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 37110 Posts

btw for the disgusting asscreed lovers, they're giving away Syndicate for free

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43774 Posts

Call of Duty and Assassin’s Creed immediately spring to mind.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#33 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19273 Posts

Sonic

Dead or Alive

Fable

Deadly Premonition

TERA Online

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DanishAnwar
Member since 2023 • 348 Posts

I've got to say Insomniac's Spiderman on PS. Almost everyone hates it here. But I ❤️ the series.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7105 Posts

Assassin's creed don't know why but I always gravitate to it.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8733 Posts

Is a single game a "franchise"? If so, the Too Human. If not, then I would go with Dead Or Alive.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#37  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15945 Posts

Halo. Even though I consider Halo Infinite a mess, I still consider myself a fan of Halo. The first four were terrific, in my view.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 57947 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Mine's Assassin's Creed.

Yeah, gotta go with AssCreed.

I'm having a blast with Mirage, warts and all.

And I think AC Unity (the one in Paris) is one of the best games ever made. The amount of detail in that game was outstanding.

Honestly it's one of the few franchises where I don't think there are any bad installments, just ones that are "not as great as others". Even AC 3 was fun for me, it's only issue was an unlikeable protagonist.

I really love how they focus on history in these games, too. The fact that some of the recent games have taken place in my favorite eras (ancient Greece and Egypt) is a bonus as well.

Honestly as much as I hate Ubisoft as a business, I really do enjoy the games they make.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9831 Posts

It seems like AC is actually liked by a lot of posters 🤔

@girlusocrazy said:

@R4gn4r0k: There was DOA3, Rallisport, SSX Tricky, Max Payne, Silent Hill 2, JSRF, Morrowind

It sounds decent but they came in late and PS2/GC already had a growing library with more popular games, so it felt like "just wait" - especially because PS2 was playing GTA3 and then Vice City already. It didn't really kick in until Xbox finally got GTA, and Halo 2 and Ninja Gaiden, then they started getting more rounded out.

@Sushiglutton: I played one Far Cry and really enjoyed it, but then other games took inspiration and you could find similar mechanics everywhere, and the sequels felt like they stuck very close to the formula which can be good for those who like it but then it all started to feel same-y. Still, I respect giving people more of what they want, if they want it. There are some games where I wish I had more similar experiences instead of deviations.

Yeah the formula has been a bit overdone. I can see why it feels same-y. But if you skip some of the entries (I pretty much skipped 5) then it can still be fun to get back to the franchise.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy

@Sushiglutton: Yeah, true, I mean I don't hate the games. I might have had a long enough break to go back now... coincidentally right when there's rumors they're going to shake up the formula for the next one, I wonder how that will turn out?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 57947 Posts
@davillain said:

Would love to try that game, but sadly it seems to only be on the Tencent-Epic Game Store 😥 The boycott continues.

I like the more grounded appeal. As cool as the parkour mechanics are in Dying Light, eventually they felt more like work and more trouble than they were worth. I want the power fantasy that often goes with zombie slaying, not this "oh we have to run and jump and avoid". Again not a criticism, just a preference.

Funny, I didn't even know it was released. I guess that's what happens when you're a forced exclusive.

Guess I'll try Dead Rising 4 for now. This talk of zombie killing has me hankering for something.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2887 Posts

@CTR360 said:

Yeah, I love those games, especially Dead Rising. But I don't believe many hate those games.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 5192 Posts

@Heil68 said:

I've yet to meet a crazy person who hates Lost Odyssey.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup said:

Assassin's Creed is gamings greatest lie.

From the start it was never a great franchise,but the gaming media being what it is, the big company with the big money got all the coverage to make it a thing to make this trash the established norm.

I'd also throw Rainbow Six: Vegas to the pile. It turned a unique, one of a kind franchise, gritty, high sense of reality, that rewarded patience and thinking into a Hollywood Gears Of War movie. **** that game.

Sometimes a game that starts combining all these different elements succesfully ends up getting way higher scores than it deserves.

Key examples are Uncharted and The Last of Us.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 R4gn4r0k
@hardwenzen said:

btw for the disgusting asscreed lovers, they're giving away Syndicate for free

You should try it, I think you're gonna love AC Syndicate.

There is a perk at the end of Syndicate where you can become completely invisible, it's every stealth's fans wet dream.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1041 Posts

TLOU

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 R4gn4r0k

@saint-george said:

TLOU

When TLOU 2 launched, yeah that's exactly how it felt to me.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60628 Posts

@last_lap said:
@Heil68 said:

I've yet to meet a crazy person who hates Lost Odyssey.

If I remember at the time of release it didn't fair too well in critical scores. Don't remember a lot of people loving it, but if they did, it makes sense, because the game was incredible. One of the few JRPGS I played.

I remember grinding to get all the powers and curb stomped the final act/boss. :D

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#50 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24745 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

I'd also throw Rainbow Six: Vegas to the pile. It turned a unique, one of a kind franchise, gritty, high sense of reality, that rewarded patience and thinking into a Hollywood Gears Of War movie. **** that game.

come on cup my friend,

complaining about 20 year old game when it was release in our childhood. i forgot it even exist at all.