What would you like to see in the next Elder Scrolls game?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

There is a chance at the next E3 we will hear more about a new elder scrolls game. I'm not talking about the ESO bullshit, a true ES game.

One of the main features I want is just co-op. I don't care if it's 2 people playing or 4...I wanna be able to play with a friend.

What would you guys like?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Good gameplay.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 N64DD

@MonsieurX said:

Good gameplay.

What else?

darktruth007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 darktruth007
Member since 2003 • 975 Posts

Good combat system and good story.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 N64DD

@darktruth007 said:

Good combat system and good story.

Which aspect have the previous games failed on those account? I think skyrim combat was better, but the leveling system made it feel like you always ended up the same.

RWB93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 RWB93
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

Bladder simulation. Having to flee from battle to do a big steaming dump.

Dumps last 15 to 20 minutes like irl

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Better quality control.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 N64DD

@rwb93 said:

Bladder simulation. Having to flee from battle to do a big steaming dump.

Dumps last 15 to 20 minutes like irl

nice alt

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

good story,good gameplay,good visuals,proper rpg elements,character customization,multiple paths(ex you can't be the archemage and the head of the thieves guild at the same time.) or in other words the exact opposite of skyrim and fallout 4.Think morrowind meets fallout new vegas or something.

In fact Obsidian would make a great ES game.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#10 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

For me, it's the setting. The ES series had always kind of foreshadowed on what the next game was going to be about and where it was going to be set. EX: Morrowind, through a character named Wulf predicted the Emperor's death in Oblivion, in Oblivion there's dialogue implying secession from the Empire and the coming apocalypse as shown in Skyrim, and in Skyrim there's a faction of fascist elves and pick any side in the civil war, there's said to be a pending battle between them and whoever won said war.

So I'd be disappointed if the next game wasn't set in the Summerset Isles or the whole Aldmeri Dominion (which includes Elseweyr and Valenwood) in the lore.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By N64DD

@nintendoboy16 said:

For me, it's the setting. The ES series had always kind of foreshadowed on what the next game was going to be about and where it was going to be set. EX: Morrowind, through a character named Wulf predicted the Emperor's death in Oblivion, in Oblivion there's dialogue implying secession from the Empire and the coming apocalypse as shown in Skyrim, and in Skyrim there's a faction of fascist elves and pick any side in the civil war, there's said to be a pending battle between them and whoever won said war.

So I'd be disappointed if the next game wasn't set in the Summerset Isles or the whole Aldmeri Dominion (which includes Elseweyr and Valenwood) in the lore.

Very informative. Thanks!

Avatar image for blueberry_bandit
Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Blueberry_Bandit
Member since 2017 • 891 Posts

Built for VR. More refined combat with physicality taken into account, and more interesting questlines.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@n64dd: Better gameplay and a return of spell making like in Oblivion.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

Better quality control.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Not follow the skyrim template, you know the streamlined game made for casuals.

borninblood60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By borninblood60
Member since 2017 • 262 Posts

Setting wise I would not mind leaving Tamriel it would allow devs to introduce new things like weapons, armour and enemies.

Combat, I would like a more combo based system chaining moves together like Kingdom come but more fluid, also polearms and throwing weapons.

Armour designed for mages, light medium and heavy versions of armour types.

More intense weather, I enjoyed fighting dragons in a blizzard but the storms in Skyrim were tame, add fog when traversing creepy forests.

Better side quests, no fetch this item but a side quest that means something. More jobs to earn money. Better guilds like I want to feel I'm moving up in a guild, more responsibility, members acknowledge your position, access to previously restricted areas.

Metallic_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Metallic_Blade
Member since 2005 • 565 Posts

Possibly made by different developer (ie. NOT made by Bethesda). Their track record has been 'meh' from the past titles. Rather than fixing the many bugs themselves post launch; they will warmly leave it to the modders to do everything for absolutely free.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

These are my all time fav games (Morrowind especially) so I'd like them to stick to their formula, but build on it and improve a few things.

1. Even more in depth crafting/smithing systems. I like what they have done in the past, but would just like to see it taken even deeper.

2. Improve combat. I like the basics, but I think the combat needs updated a bit this time around. A bit more technical and also improve the physics of hitting someone with various attacks.

3. Stay HIGHLY single player focused. A local coop mode would be ok, but no online BS... AT ALL!

4. Even more customization, of everything. The more, the better, especially character, armor and weapons.

5. Building a fort/castle would be pretty cool.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

I would like all video games to get rid of weight limits or at least allow me to teleport my useless items somewhere instead of "over encumbering" me forcing me to crawl for 30 minutes to the next town or drop/destroy something.

It is just damn annoying and should not be any game anymore. This is a fantasy game anyway. Let me teleport it away. I shouldn't have to unlock a perk or anything either just to be able to fast travel if I have too much stuff. What a waste.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

@stuff238 said:

I would like all video games to get rid of weight limits or at least allow me to teleport my useless items somewhere instead of "over encumbering" me forcing me to crawl for 30 minutes to the next town or drop/destroy something.

It is just damn annoying and should not be any game anymore. This is a fantasy game anyway. Let me teleport it away. I shouldn't have to unlock a perk or anything either just to be able to fast travel if I have too much stuff. What a waste.

Yes, I hate over encumbering, too.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#22  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I really hope Bethesda take these notes from Kingdom Come Deliverance:

- deep RPG elements

- survival mechanics

- seamless world (no loadings between city walls, buildings, dungeons, etc)

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@todddow said:

These are my all time fav games (Morrowind especially) so I'd like them to stick to their formula, but build on it and improve a few things.

1. Even more in depth crafting/smithing systems. I like what they have done in the past, but would just like to see it taken even deeper.

2. Improve combat. I like the basics, but I think the combat needs updated a bit this time around. I bit more technical and also improve the physics of hitting someone with various attacks.

3. Stay HIGHLY single player focused. A local coop mode would be ok, but no online BS... AT ALL!

4. Even more customization, of everything. The more, the better, especially character, armor and weapons.

5. Building a fort/castle would be pretty cool.

Fallout 4 had the right idea with it's construction system, I think. I know some people hated, but to me, it's what the Hearthfire DLC should've been.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Elder Scrolls isnt coming. BGS has other games coming out before the next ES

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

A bigger world and properly sized cities. After playing TW3 and even AC:O, little towns with 10 houses and 15 NPCs just won't cut it anymore. I understand that previous games were limited by hardware, but a new one won't be. Graphical immersion is very important in an RPG.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

@Flubbbs said:

Elder Scrolls isnt coming. BGS has other games coming out before the next ES

Most likely this. ESO is one of the biggest MMOs on the market (it's also by far the best MMO on the market, if anyone is looking for one to play), and Skyrim was just released on the Switch and is still selling well on all platforms. I think they want to milk these two cash cows as much as possible before they cannibalize them with TES VI.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
  • Improve animation, particularly in conversations so everything doesn't seem so static
  • Overall presentation needs improved - particularly when it comes to the main quest
  • Keep everything first-person
  • More arrow variety so that its not just a difference in damage between arrows (they can improve combat all around but IDC I always play exclusively as an archer)
  • Seamless world with no loading when entering cities
  • Make horse traversal as fun as AC Origins - maybe add boats as well
  • Add a photomode
  • Keep it single player

And then the usual, make side quests fun etc etc.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#29 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

Something that doesn't get boring within 3 hours and becomes unfinishable.

A new engine, quality PC first design that is scaled back until consoles can handle medium settings.

Skyrim felt like repainted Oblivion and the UI was console centric garbage.

Going by how the standards have been going down every game, something that isn't shit and doesn't need vehicles to be built in as an NPC hat.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56060 Posts

Don't even care what anyone says about Skyrim, I really had lots of fun with that game and as for what do I wanna see in the next Elder Scrolls games. Any settings is good for me, I want either Valenwood, Elsweyr, or maybe the Summerset Isles for the setting. New features I would want FO4's equipment customization and settlement system but limit it to 4 spots and no sim features. A proper survival mode and create a follower. Last, but most important, quit having the MC be the top dog of every faction.

By the way, didn't Bethesda say that they were holding out on the next Elder Scroll game for next-gen consoles? (PS5/Next-gen Xbox)

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

@UssjTrunks said:

A bigger world and properly sized cities. After playing TW3 and even AC:O, little towns with 10 houses and 15 NPCs just won't cut it anymore. I understand that previous games were limited by hardware, but a new one won't be. Graphical immersion is very important in an RPG.

This. The Witcher 3 set the bar really high for open world RPGs so properly sized cities and settlements are one of my biggest hopes for the next TES. Add to that weapon degradation which I missed in Skyrim and more interesting quests.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Better animation, better character models, better side missions, better story overall, better combat, better UI, less of ****** snow, ummmm... that's it. Better graphics?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

How about a moral choice system for quests? Combat that actually has depth? A story that's worth something? Dialogue and voice acting that isn't atrocious? There's plenty they have to improve before I'd call the series good.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 N64DD

@davillain- said:

Don't even care what anyone says about Skyrim, I really had lots of fun with that game and as for what do I wanna see in the next Elder Scrolls games. Any settings is good for me, I want either Valenwood, Elsweyr, or maybe the Summerset Isles for the setting. New features I would want FO4's equipment customization and settlement system but limit it to 4 spots and no sim features. A proper survival mode and create a follower. Last, but most important, quit having the MC be the top dog of every faction.

By the way, didn't Bethesda say that they were holding out on the next Elder Scroll game for next-gen consoles? (PS5/Next-gen Xbox)

Well what is weird is they had 2 last gen, and they just remastered the one for this gen. They're due.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Proper melee combat. I always tend to finish as archer/sneak since the melee combat is so damn awful (as well as magic). Everything after Dark Souls and Bloodborne is kind of 'meh' when it comes to melee combat, but Skyrim just doesn't try.

I'd also fix the leveling system so that everything doesn't scale with you from the start. Create some 'no go' zones that you can go as a level 1 but would get killed instantly. The same would apply to weapons and armor. The armor/weapon progression system just leads to the same thing every time, there's no variety since Daedric is the end game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56060 Posts

@n64dd said:
@davillain- said:

Well what is weird is they had 2 last gen, and they just remastered the one for this gen. They're due.

I agree Bethesda is overdue for a brand new Elder Scroll game as it is. It's almost been 7 years since Skyrim release but this is Bethesda we're talking about. They've been recycling the same engine with minimal improvements since freaking Morrowind. Their tech hasn't been anywhere near where it should be for a decade now. If they weren't sure about making Elder Scroll VI, it's why they went through the troubles remastering Skyrim just by delaying Elder scroll Vl whenever PS5/next-gen Xbox arrives.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Make the world & mission design more interesting. If you compare Skyrim's world to say Witcher 3's, Skyrim is as boring/empty as f*ck.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 N64DD

@jkgkdjfh02 said:

sdfdsfsdfsdf

IT'S BEAUTIFUL. I WANT MORE.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

An explanation as to why they really had to create a world beyond Skyrim. I'm genuinely interested on where they could even make a story take place at this point that would be as engaging and full of mysteries/adventure as they have done. An over-arching premise to move world/universe development along at this point would, in and of itself, be highly interesting at this point.

Oh, and obligatory Vive/Oculus support at launch. Derrrrrr...

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

I want to play as a race of god damn giant spider people.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15564 Posts

I mean in a lot of ways the modern ES games have all been really really mediocre as core experiences. They are all great templates for exploration and modification, but the base games are a mess of bugs, clunk, and overly simple story and gameplay systems. Considering we live in a post-Witcher 3 world, what I'd really like to see is just a game that lives up to it's contemporaries' standards at launch, and doesn't feel totally reliant on mod support to be any good.

Also dump the fucking Oblivion engine already, Fallout 4 looks like shit.

Warpig775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Warpig775
Member since 2018 • 8 Posts

The combat being more interactive and meaningful. More quests and more varied enviornments.

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

I loved both Skyrim and Oblivion, I want it to be exactly like those but with better physics/graphics. Also, it wouldn't hurt to rip off every bit of BotW that is possible. BAM GotY whatever year it comes out ;)

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19565 Posts

Depth.

Okay, maybe that's too much to ask for in a modern Bethesda game.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34591 Posts

Something else than snow and mountains. Skyrim probably has the most boring setting of them all..

Other than that, pretty much what everyone else wants. A better combat system, better animations, less bugs. And they really should make a new engine. No more of whatever crap they use now.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10430 Posts

some personality in the npcs so they don't all sounds like the same wooden, humourless dullards.

and appropriate changes in npc responses to your character as the game progresses. i fought for the stormcloaks, became their top soldier dude, helped them take over every imperial settlement on the map and yet whenever back at windhelm the patrolling foot soldiers would give me shit, like i was some peasant commoner "disrespect the law and you disrespect me." f*ck you pal, i'm ulfric's top boy, show some bloody respect

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50549 Posts

two things : a game that works and combat that's not terrible

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 N64DD

@Macutchi said:

some personality in the npcs so they don't all sounds like the same wooden, humourless dullards.

and appropriate changes in npc responses to your character as the game progresses. i fought for the stormcloaks, became their top soldier dude, helped them take over every imperial settlement on the map and yet whenever back at windhelm the patrolling foot soldiers would give me shit, like i was some peasant commoner "disrespect the law and you disrespect me." f*ck you pal, i'm ulfric's top boy, show some bloody respect

That would be a welcome change.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

For some reason ES games always starts out in a calm manner. I would like their next game to start out in a huge battle where you are invading another castle/keep.

But then again i might get my hopes too much since the console engine could barely have 20-30 people fighting at the same time.