What would make the XboxOne a decent console?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

Underpowered from the very beginning. Bad choices in business practices such as parity clause, PC/PS4 bound games, Teh Cloud, a terrible controller, unstable Xbox Live and so much more already makes the Bone third; if that.

Microsoft really dropped the ball with Rare Replay not including Conker Reloaded, which could've made the compilation itself a system seller. GWG is poor. GWG features all the games that Bro-shooter lems possibly bought on sale (like MGSVGZ...it was literally on sale the month before for a ridiculous 7 smacks), and what about the console design? It's atrocious. Every time a friend comes over, they're literally looking at the "giant VCR cablebox" like it's some old DVR device.

Phil Spencer continues to lie at Gamescom by still referring to Tomb Raider an "exclusive" when we all know the truth. These are just some of the reasons why no one's going to buy the Bone this Holiday season, and the Quad will end up liquidating the Bone next year once Uncharted 4 launches. If Microsoft hasn't figured out that Uncharted has ALWAYS outsold Xbox in software sales (outsold Gears; certainly) when they're already behind right now, then is there really a sound strategy to avoid imminent disaster coming to fruition soon?

What would make the Xbox One jump from abysmal to at least decent in your opinion?

All I see are Microshill employees employing failed tactics (with Cloud powerz being reborn lmao. we all know The Cloud isn't real)

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Name change.

The only thing they will never do.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

So you just listed a lot of good reasons TO own a Xbox, just with a one sided cow twist. Then you step in your own shit and confirm Sony doesn't have anything until next year with Uncharted 4. Great thread.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

Release game throughout the year, more new IPS and quit letting your exclusives go to PC.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

1. Get rid of the DirectX requirement.
2. Invest in internal studios rather than timed exclusives or PC multiplats
3. Drop all gimmicks including VR and any other projects that are not about gaming
4. Don't treat your customers like a bunch of cunts5. Stop overselling features that don't yet exist.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XboxStache

@FoxbatAlpha said:

So you just listed a lot of good reasons TO own a Xbox, just with a one sided cow twist. Then you step in your own shit and confirm Sony doesn't have anything until next year with Uncharted 4. Great thread.

Wrong.

Phil's really not listening to fans as evidenced by the appearance of Rash in KI. Rash literally has a pun about cameos. Lems want Dead Or Alive exclusive. A new Ninja Gaiden exclusive. They want real exclusives that are an Xbox experience; without sharing PC space. The console design IS HORRIBLE. The controller is HORRIBLE. GWG is lacking (Volgar the viking, So many me lmao Asscreed? lol), inferior third party and DX12 hype that is fiction. Typical of you to ignore Phil calling Tomb Raider an exclusive at Gamescom. If anything, people like you are the reason why the Bone is the worst console to date at this point. Stop trying to justify your purchase through hyperbole.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Someone post the fakeboy pictures and let's call it good

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@ten_pints said:

2. Invest in internal studios rather than timed exclusives or PC multiplats

3. Drop all gimmicks including VR and any other projects that are not about gaming

4. Don't treat your customers like a bunch of cunts5. Stop overselling features that don't yet exist.

1. DX12 is going to make gaming better.

2. They have to make PC games too.

3. They don't have VR.

4. They don't do that.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Release game throughout the year, more new IPS and quit letting your exclusives go to PC.

Hurry up and put Win10/ DX12 onto XB1 as well. I think they've got 2016 pretty much covered with at least 1 exclusive game each month. They are letting older exclusive games go to PC, which is still dumb. Killer Instinct and Sea of Thieves are both going to be on PC.

Avatar image for strobelitebunny
StrobeliteBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 StrobeliteBunny
Member since 2015 • 92 Posts

No one will buy the bone this holiday season just like last year.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Sony fan is extremely desperate lately lol

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XboxStache

@strobelitebunny said:

No one will buy the bone this holiday season just like last year.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

Think TC bitter as he wants a XBO but cant afford one

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#14 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

how is this guy still posting? They didn't ban you yet?

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Dude, you are trying too hard, give it a break. We know you have an unhealthy hatred for the Xbox One. It'll be okay though, it's just a gaming console.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I would like the console to cook me breakfast in the morning, they need to add that to the list of voice commands.

neversummer75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 neversummer75
Member since 2006 • 1136 Posts

@XboxStache: lock this threads mods just like you did mine. Let's be fair and balanced.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

Current gen 8 console leader XB1 is a great console though. It's the PS4 that could use some work.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Schedule exclusives to come out throughout the year instead of going dumb at the holidays.

Cultivate more new first-party IP and internal studios (Which, they are doing).

Apologize for attempting the crazy DRM as opposed to the "messaging". Perhaps, go so far as to assure they will not try it again with the XBox Two and restore consumer confidence in the brand.

Own the hype for DX12 and Cloud. Make a case for these things being more than talking pieces and demonstrate the real advantages of their technology.

If they can do these things, it might be too late to make the XBone itself a success but it will go a very long way to restoring the XBox brand. Hell, I'd buy an XBone if they can man up and get in front of some of these things.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@lostrib said:

Someone post the fakeboy pictures and let's call it good

this^

Razik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22 Razik
Member since 2015 • 965 Posts

LOL and I'm buying an X1 gears bundle because there's nothing coming out on my PS4, I wish PS4 was worth owning games like Until Dawn ain't what I want Sony and Uncharted 4 ain't coming out till next year

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#23  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@XboxStache said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Wrong.

Phil's really not listening to fans as evidenced by the appearance of Rash in KI. Rash literally has a pun about cameos. Lems want Dead Or Alive exclusive. A new Ninja Gaiden exclusive. They want real exclusives that are an Xbox experience; without sharing PC space. The console design IS HORRIBLE. The controller is HORRIBLE. GWG is lacking (Volgar the viking, So many me lmao Asscreed? lol), inferior third party and DX12 hype that is fiction. Typical of you to ignore Phil calling Tomb Raider an exclusive at Gamescom. If anything, people like you are the reason why the Bone is the worst console to date at this point. Stop trying to justify your purchase through hyperbole.

No, you're wrong. They are listening to what people vote for and ask for on their feedback forums. Your opinion of the console and controller design are exactly that. Your opinion. They are getting positive press lately for new IPs coming and Spencer said he was interested in first party and they are beginning to show this. Now nobody says you have to like the games or the console. But your opinion doesn't really matter to anyone but you.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

As long as it doesn't get Knack, The Order, or Killzone then it will remain a great console.

Razik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Razik
Member since 2015 • 965 Posts

@Guy_Brohski:

@Guy_Brohski said:

As long as it doesn't get Knack, The Order, or Killzone then it will remain a great console.

With games like that why would you choose a PS4, I bought one dumb-ass mistake and a cheaper launch price, well at least I'll have it for Uncharted 4

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#26 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Schedule exclusives to come out throughout the year instead of going dumb at the holidays.

Apologize for attempting the crazy DRM as opposed to the "messaging". Perhaps, go so far as to assure they will not try it again with the XBox Two and restore consumer confidence in the brand.

Own the hype for DX12 and Cloud. Make a case for these things being more than talking pieces and demonstrate the real advantages of their technology.

If they can do these things, it might be too late to make the XBone itself a success but it will go a very long way to restoring the XBox brand. Hell, I'd buy an XBone if they can man up and get in front of some of these things.

Man you are petty. Sony has never owned up to or apologized for saying the PS3 will deliver 4D and 120 FPS amongst other things. They also never publicly apologized for having to lose a lawsuit in order to take ownership of the DRE issue with the PS2. And they never will, and I don't recall you ever stating anything about it yet you hold the other to this standard. But its not about fanboyism? Sure, pal.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#27 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

This guy will be banned in no time.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Hahahaha still fishing that apology? In that case I think Sony should apologize the POS3 and charging $600 at launch, making unreliable hardware, for the POSPSN network and now charging for the same garbage on the PS4. Ummm yeah you keep wishing for that apology...bahwahahahahaha

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Recore, Quantum Break, Scalebound, Sea of Thieves, Sunset Overdrive, Ori and the Blind Forest. How many more new IPs do you want from them? How many new Ips does Sony have?

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

@Heil68 said:

I think we both know that people don't buy consoles for exclusives anymore.

DammitDanbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DammitDanbo
Member since 2015 • 428 Posts

Mods need to dotheir job and get rid of flame bait threads made by losers....and ban the losers.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lostrib

@dammitdanbo said:

Mods need to dotheir job and get rid of flame bait threads made by losers....and ban the losers.

maybe they'll start with you

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@kingtito said:
@Shewgenja said:

Hahahaha still fishing that apology? In that case I think Sony should apologize the POS3 and charging $600 at launch, making unreliable hardware, for the POSPSN network and now charging for the same garbage on the PS4. Ummm yeah you keep wishing for that apology...bahwahahahahaha

Weren't you one of the people making excuses for the DRM? Trying to sell us on how it was the way of the future and all that?

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

wonder why mods aren't locking shit threads like this?

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

movie games

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@mems_1224 said:
@Heil68 said:

Recore, Quantum Break, Scalebound, Sea of Thieves, Sunset Overdrive, Ori and the Blind Forest. How many more new IPs do you want from them? How many new Ips does Sony have?

Yeah...if anything "new IPs" is a category in which Microsoft is currently excelling...

The only new IPs from Sony I can think of that are worth mentioning are Horizon and the Last Guardian. Unfortunately, the prior is from a developer whose only experience is a mediocre shooter and the later has been in development for so many years that I hope it hasn't negatively impacted the game. We shall see.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lostrib

@thedork_knight said:

wonder why mods aren't locking shit threads like this?

if you're concerned, you could always use the Contact the Moderators button in the side bar.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@XboxStache: I'm not trying to justify my purchase. I'm trying to tell you that your thread is shit.

So many things you say are just wrong and dumb sounding. The hyperbole is all yours. There is a spot next to Tormentos for you.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Xbox needs exclusives which aren't going to inevitably end up on PC.

They announced Halo Wars 2 as a game that's coming to Xbox One and PC. But not Halo 5 or Halo MCC. So I'm thinking maybe they WILL keep their best games exclusive on Xbox One.

Their general problem with exclusives will be answered with Scalebound, Recore, Halo 5, Quantum Break (that last one will probably eventually end up on PC) but really to answer your question whatever needs to be done to keep the console relevant they appear to already be doing.

I'm confident that through the gen PS4 and Xbox One will both have their moments. So basically, you're wrong and reading your previous threads... this is not a new thing for you. If you make enough threads you may eventually accidentally get something right.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
@speedfreak48t5p said:

This guy will be banned in no time.

Let's make a ban bet about the time it will take.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

TC, Why do you care about the Xbox One so much?

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#43 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@blueinheaven: I don't see why Xbox needs exclusives that eventually don't goto pc. Does it really matter if it's on pc as well? Everyone doesn't want to spend $800+ to play games there's room for both.

Yes I have a gaming PC as well, but I actually prefer playing on console. I mostly play rts games on PC.

I don't care about 4k gaming or even 1080 gaming for that matter. I started playing games in the 70s it's all better than it was once upon a time for me. I'm more into fun than resolution.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I think now is the best time to purchase the One. They actually have a holiday lineup if you're interested.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@oflow said:

@blueinheaven: I don't see why Xbox needs exclusives that eventually don't goto pc. Does it really matter if it's on pc as well? Everyone doesn't want to spend $800+ to play games there's room for both.

Yes I have a gaming PC as well, but I actually prefer playing on console. I mostly play rts games on PC.

I don't care about 4k gaming or even 1080 gaming for that matter. I started playing games in the 70s it's all better than it was once upon a time for me. I'm more into fun than resolution.

It's not really about resolution the Xbox One games I have look fine to me but I also have a good PC. If all the Xbox One games go to PC well... I don't need an Xbox One, it's that simple. If they are happy to give PC gamers the impression they have no reason at all to buy an Xbox One well they are incredibly stupid.

But like I said, it seems they are planning to keep their best console exclusives on the Xbox One so I'm not going to sell mine. It stays put at least till Halo 5 anyway.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@XboxStache: Seriously get a life dude... we get it, you don't like Xbone this week. I'm sure you'll be posting PS4 bashing threads in a few weeks...

Stop clogging up the forums.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#47 deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

Better games.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts

@ten_pints said:

What? DX12 is pretty much everything developers have been asking for. Also the simplified porting between the DX12 platforms, could turn into something positive for the whole industry.

Whether or not it prove to benefit the console is one thing, but I don't think any developer is really going to be complaining about it any more.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Games. I'm not fussed about power.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points