What would it take for you to choose Xbox over Playstation next gen?

• 125 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
Posted by SolidGame_basic (24036 posts) 1 month, 4 days ago

Poll: What would it take for you to choose Xbox over Playstation next gen? (86 votes)

Not much, I can go either way 24%
Xbox would have to do a lot 26%
I'm going with Xbox no matter what 20%
I'll never go Xbox 21%
I'm a die-hard Playstation fan 9%

Right now I think it's pretty safe to say that Playstation is the heavy weight champ at the moment. They are the clear favorite for next gen based on library and backwards compatibility. But Xbox has a chance to redeem itself.. at least that's what you would think. What would it take for you to choose Xbox over Playstation next gen, SW? Is it an easy decision or would Xbox have to do a lot to sway you over? For me, I just don't see Xbox winning me over. Playstation has always had a diverse library that I enjoy more over Xbox.

#101 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18687 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@hrt_rulz01:

So what your saying is that you would get a PS5 to play PS4 games by BC when you don't play them now?

Just get a damn ps4 man..lol

Yes maybe... or I could just wait for PS5 and play the PS4 games then.

Anyway, I'm not sure what I'll do "next gen" yet.

#102 Posted by Telekill (8404 posts) -

At this point there is very little that would persuade me to buy an Xbox.

#103 Edited by BoxRekt (979 posts) -

Massive stupidity.

MS isn't even a gaming company so why would anyone buy a game console from them unless you don't care about games?

MS died as a real gaming company after the original xbox.

#104 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18687 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

Massive stupidity.

MS isn't even a gaming company so why would anyone buy a game console from them unless you don't care about games?

MS died as a real gaming company after the original xbox.

You try too hard.

#105 Edited by Son-Goku7523 (559 posts) -

MS has shown that aren't interested in getting my money with the crap they've pulled this gen. HaloGearForza repetition to infinity and mediocre games like Sea of Thieves and Crackdown 3 have shown me that they are a joke and don't take gaming seriously. The fact that their games are on PC further makes the next Xbox even more out of the question for me.

So honestly to answer your question OP, not a chance in hell that they can convince me to buy the next Xbox.

#106 Posted by Mandzilla (4037 posts) -

Well I mean I wasn't going to choose Playstation or Xbox next gen anyway, might get more into the PC side of stuff though.

#108 Posted by sonicare (56647 posts) -

@son-goku7523 said:

Xbox is trash at this point. Nothing MS could do would make me buy an Xbox.

Last Xbox I owned was a 360 and I barely played it. MS are a joke.

I too owned a 360. Though I played it all the time. Incredible line up. This generation not so much. But this generation blows in general.

#109 Posted by darkRecon6Opt (118 posts) -

I will get both

#110 Posted by briguyb13 (2956 posts) -

I'm picking Xbox next gen, or Stadia, because Sony has gone full sjw and Western.

#111 Posted by sukraj (27858 posts) -

im going to buy both systems

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
#112 Posted by deactivated-5cd08b1605da1 (9317 posts) -

1. Free online

2. Quality exclusives

3. No censoring bs ala Sony

Then I would consider

#113 Posted by Pedro (33921 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

1. Free online

That's what they need to embrace. Free online would meld well with their Gamepass direction.

#114 Posted by EG101 (1965 posts) -

@npiet1 said:

@Pedro: it defeats the purpose of me buying the console. Seriously what reason could I have to buy a next gen Xbox when I've got a PC?

If you own a Windows PC you already own an Xbox.

That's the point. If you also had an Xbox you would have access to much of your digital Library thru both your PC and your Xbox so the two systems would complement each other.

#115 Posted by SecretPolice (35086 posts) -

@Pedro said:
@Vatusus said:

1. Free online

That's what they need to embrace. Free online would meld well with their Gamepass direction.

I like, buy GamePass and XBLG is included. :D

The GP subs would skyrocket. lol

#116 Edited by robert_sparkes (2919 posts) -

Xbox gamepass live combined suscription. New games from ninja theory and the initiative at launch but all that isn't going to happen. If the price was competitive then it would be appealing.

#117 Posted by Daredevils2k (2010 posts) -

It’s so funny to think that PS4 pro is my first PlayStation ever and that I was once a huge lemming ( owner og Xbox and 360) until MS pushed me to buy a PlayStation this gen.

Thank to MS I was able to experience what Sony has to offer and I’m sad to say this, but I’ll never be going to back to MS and I’ll be able to experience their games on my pc :)

#118 Posted by Pedro (33921 posts) -

@daredevils2k said:

It’s so funny to think that PS4 pro is my first PlayStation ever and that I was once a huge lemming ( owner og Xbox and 360) until MS pushed me to buy a PlayStation this gen.

Thank to MS I was able to experience what Sony has to offer and I’m sad to say this, but I’ll never be going to back to MS and I’ll be able to experience their games on my pc :)

You still a MS fanboy. Look at how much time you spend talking about Xbox. You are Xbox fanny struggling with identity crisis. LMAO.

#119 Posted by npiet1 (2085 posts) -

@EG101 said:
@npiet1 said:

@Pedro: it defeats the purpose of me buying the console. Seriously what reason could I have to buy a next gen Xbox when I've got a PC?

If you own a Windows PC you already own an Xbox.

That's the point. If you also had an Xbox you would have access to much of your digital Library thru both your PC and your Xbox so the two systems would complement each other.

Yeah but that seems like a waste of money just to complement each other, when I could be spending the money on more games.

#120 Posted by DaVillain- (36022 posts) -

@Pedro said:
@Vatusus said:

1. Free online

MS would go bankrupt and that's their lunch money too.

#121 Posted by getyeryayasout (12261 posts) -

A concussion.

#122 Posted by SecretPolice (35086 posts) -

@getyeryayasout said:

A concussion.

"Giggling" :)

#123 Posted by Chutebox (44487 posts) -

Buying one console over another is never my reality. If i want more than one I'll buy more than one. That being said, I'll buy the next xbox console if they have actual exlusives that I care about. If I can get their "exclusives" on PC I'll do that instead.

#124 Posted by jcrame10 (5029 posts) -

I own both currently. I will buy a PS5 eventually no matter what because of their studios and games. If all of the new studios Microsoft has recently acquired produce quality games in the next 5 years I’ll pick up the next Xbox as well.

#125 Posted by Daredevils2k (2010 posts) -

@Pedro said:
@daredevils2k said:

You still a MS fanboy. Look at how much time you spend talking about Xbox. You are Xbox fanny struggling with identity crisis. LMAO.

actually you are so correct. I'm a xbox fanny struggling with identity crisis.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
#126 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (9192 posts) -

We'll see. I'm not liking the way Sony has been behaving recently, but I like japanese games and PS still gets a lot more of those than Xbox. Either way if they both have big 'console' exclusives I really want I'd get both. If Xbox had more than than Forza and Rare Replay for me this gen I'd have one(Ori and Cuphead can play on my subpar PC, and now Switch in Cuphead's case).