What will your perception of XO be if it leads this holiday?

• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

By lead I mean comulatively being number 1 in the U.S. by or before then.

I know this seems obvious to some of us, and the last year shows the trends, but few still think the PS4 will somehow pull a rabbit out the hat, and continue to dominate and extend it's lead this year. The truth is this is very unlikely, and if it was, the PS4 would still priobably be strugguling an 800k lead.

However to those who are on the fence or don't belive what will your view ont he Xbox one be? Clearly you will turn around the doomed narrative in your heads?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Unchanged?

Why would my perception of it be colored by its sales performance, and in just one market at that?

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

Oh it's definitely going to become #1 in the US, no doubt about that.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I currently see it as something I'll never buy, not because it's a bad system but because I only have time for one system this time and I have a PS4.

My view will not change.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Nothing, really. I don't get off on that.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

I already own an Xbone, but the Xbox One definitely seems to be the most exciting of the consoles at the moment with Microsofts E3 being the most hyped. Other than Bloodborne and Street Fighter 5, Sony have provided nothing to discuss for over 12 months.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NyaDC

I would like peoples perception of it to change, not because I really care what they think but rather because I constantly see this system getting ignorantly smeared by people who don't even own one and have no fucking clue what they're talking about. I want those peoples influence to go away, if enough people actually see this console for what it is rather than what others want you to think it is, they will vanish. The market around this console is driven by peoples perception and for some reason and against all logic, consumers keep listening to bullshit, PR, spin and hype rather than what is what or really looking into things and basing their purchasing decisions on that, it's deplorable.

It's a good console, it's got good games, it's got good features, good functionality, extremely dedicated updates and backing, what's not to like?

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

Sales have never had an effect on my perception of game systems. I just don't give a **** one way or the other regardless.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

@nyadc said:

I would like peoples perception of it to change, not because I really care what they think but rather because I constantly see this system getting ignorantly smeared by people who don't even own one and have no fucking clue what they're talking about. I want those peoples influence to go away, if enough people actually see this console for what it is rather than what people want you to think it is, they will vanish. The market around this console is driven by peoples perception and for some reason and against all logic, consumers keep listening to bullshit, PR, spin and hype rather than what is what or really looking into things and basing their purchasing decisions on that, it's deplorable.

It's a good console, it's got good games, it's got good features, good functionality and extremely dedicated updates and backing, what's not to like?

I don't know about that the Xbox One seems to have the most hype and attention at the moment, and mostly positive. Just looking at the front page of system wars; you have DX12, Windows 10, Halo ODST, tomb raider, silent hill (false rumour)

Compared to PS4 discussion; Sonys first party looking a little sparse

Not that system wars = the internet, but across the internet Microsofts E3, DX12, Halo 5 and windows 10 is definitely getting the most hype and coverage.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NyaDC

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:
@nyadc said:

I would like peoples perception of it to change, not because I really care what they think but rather because I constantly see this system getting ignorantly smeared by people who don't even own one and have no fucking clue what they're talking about. I want those peoples influence to go away, if enough people actually see this console for what it is rather than what people want you to think it is, they will vanish. The market around this console is driven by peoples perception and for some reason and against all logic, consumers keep listening to bullshit, PR, spin and hype rather than what is what or really looking into things and basing their purchasing decisions on that, it's deplorable.

It's a good console, it's got good games, it's got good features, good functionality and extremely dedicated updates and backing, what's not to like?

I don't know about that the Xbox One seems to have the most hype and attention at the moment, and mostly positive. Just looking at the front page of system wars; you have DX12, Windows 10, Halo ODST, tomb raider, silent hill (false rumour)

Compared to PS4 discussion; Sonys first party looking a little sparse

Not that system wars = the internet, but across the internet Microsofts E3, DX12, Halo 5 and windows 10 is definitely getting the most hype and coverage.

I just mean the hype surrounding the illogical, take that for what you will.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

If it leads in the US and UK like last year, I won't be suprised. Especially with it's Halo/TR/Forza line up. If it leads worldwide, Sony should be shitting their pants and getting off their asses. Unfortunately, I see PS4 selling more worldwide this holiday once again meaning they won't push hard to secure games as much.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

It'll still be a console I'll never buy.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Why would sales affect my perception of a console? (unless the sales translates into more games)

Anyway, I'll get an Xbox One if it gets enough exclusives to be worth buying.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

XB1 is the worst console ive ever owned PERIOD = consumer

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#15 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I saw a guy in Best Buy pick up the Xbox One the other day.

That console's going places and it's got my support!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@ProtossX said:

As if you ever owned a single console

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NyaDC
@bobrossperm said:

If it leads in the US and UK like last year, I won't be suprised. Especially with it's Halo/TR/Forza line up. If it leads worldwide, Sony should be shitting their pants and getting off their asses. Unfortunately, I see PS4 selling more worldwide this holiday once again meaning they won't push hard to secure games as much.

Isn't that sad, I mean just because you're leading doesn't intrinsically mean you should be lazy. I just see Sony as the 800m Olympic runner who is way ahead nearing the finish line and is doing a preemptive celebration slowing down as if they've already won, little be-known to them though a runner is gaining on them.

All they are doing is hurting their consumer market, and the worst part is the cows around here aren't pissed about it, at least not publicly. I'm pissed about it, I have a $312 paper weight sitting in my entertainment center more or less with really nothing to offer me for an entire year...

Zethrickk382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zethrickk382
Member since 2013 • 480 Posts

The only thing that would change my perception are games I'd like to play and was forced to buy it because they stayed exclusive to the platform.

I dislike Fps and racers so for me the lineup is truely baren at best in my case. Already owning a ps4/pc the new Xbox tactic of sharing games between themselves and pc is also another diterant for me personally.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Judging a console on its sales is dumb. Ignoring total sales to find solace in one market (hypothetically) so that you judge your console on sales? Well, that's fanboy levels of stupid.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@TigerSuperman said:

I know this seems obvious to some of us, and the last year shows the trends, but few still think the PS4 will somehow pull a rabbit out the hat, and continue to dominate and extend it's lead this year. The truth is this is very unlikely, and if it was, the PS4 would still priobably be strugguling an 800k lead.

However to those who are on the fence or don't belive what will your view ont he Xbox one be? Clearly you will turn around the doomed narrative in your heads?

NPD , NPD , US , NPD , US ...

Who cares about US alone ? Its that how youll win PS4 ? By US sales alone ? Naaah , sadly its not how it works. Keep NDPing/USing ! 4-6 years of butthurting to go. Better luck next time .. i mean next-gen

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

If the X1 does that, I would ironically consider it a symptom as how bad Sony dropped the ball on the PS4 post launch, and not how well the X1 are doing.

I will not dismiss that the X1 has gotten a Whole lot better PR in the last year or so, salvaging that trainwreck is a minor miracle in itself. But if the X1 is to take laed, it would be mostly due to Sony not MS. Honestly that alone might cause such an outcome indeed.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NyaDC

@AzatiS said:
@TigerSuperman said:

Who cares about US alone ? Its that how youll win PS4 ? By US sales alone ? Naaah , sadly its not how it works. Keep NDPing/USing ! 4-6 years of butthurting to go. Better luck next time .. i mean next-gen

Considering North America (Canadian shopping trends echo US trends) alone made up 123 million of the 271 million consoles sold last generation, I think that's a reason to care....

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Why should a single individual care about the other millions of consoles that they don't own ?

Let the people who were stupid enough to invest in Microsoft Shares worry about that shit.....if you have an X1 Play your games and have fun.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NyaDC

@Maddie_Larkin said:

If the X1 does that, I would ironically consider it a symptom as how bad Sony dropped the ball on the PS4 post launch, and not how well the X1 are doing.

I will not dismiss that the X1 has gotten a Whole lot better PR in the last year or so, salvaging that trainwreck is a minor miracle in itself. But if the X1 is to take laed, it would be mostly due to Sony not MS. Honestly that alone might cause such an outcome indeed.

Couldn't the same be said of the PlayStation 4's current position in relation to how Microsoft dropped the ball pre-launch on the Xbox One?

Oh how people like to use doublethink ideology to hold a bias....

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@nyadc said:
@bobrossperm said:

Isn't that sad, I mean just because you're leading doesn't intrinsically mean you should be lazy. I just see Sony as the 800m Olympic runner who is way ahead nearing the finish line and is doing a preemptive celebration slowing down as if they've already won, little be-known to them though a runner is gaining on them.

All they are doing is hurting their consumer market, and the worst part is the cows around here aren't pissed about it, at least not publicly. I'm pissed about it, I have a $312 paper weight sitting in my entertainment center more or less with really nothing to offer me for an entire year...

Yep, you can't win this without putting effort into it. PS2 won with it's chunky library as did PS1. Granted, partly because it was the console starchild at the time too. But PS4 is Sony's worst effort yet. Darn right lazy. I mean, I know your opinion on Bloodborne, but to be fair, the games shit hot. It's a legit mad good exclusive for the platform. But I see it as the only must have game, and it's niche (in the sense that it appeals to a certain type of gamer). It's literally true that Uncharted 4 is the first must have that is totally accessible. A fucken year away.

By that time, the Xbox One will have had Halo 5 and Tomb Raider for nearly 6 months. But if I am perfectly honest, PS4 right now has Bloodborne as it's finest game, Xbox One has Forza Horizon 2? I'd take Bloodborne, but that's me. No disrespect to what is apparently one of the finest racing games to come since, well, Forza 4.

To be fair to all the console manufacturers though, they have games in development for them left right and center. MS just did a better job with getting cracking early on with most of their exclusives. But on Sony's side, I think every first party studio is working on a PS4 exclusive. Naughty Dog alone is working on 2. I am sure the same could be said for Xbox. As you know Halo, Gears Of War, Forza, Fable, and Rare stuff are coming to Xbox One in the next couple of years. As well as their third party offerings in Scalebound, Tomb Raider, Quantum Break. We have the right to be pissed about having no games, but games don't make themselves. Nobody can predict when a game should be finished or when it's at the quality they want.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@santoron said:

Judging a console on its sales is dumb. Ignoring total sales to find solace in one market (hypothetically) so that you judge your console on sales? Well, that's fanboy levels of stupid.

Xbone is bound to be beyond doomed outside America and the UK. Its perception outside those 2 territories will never change.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

The same crap.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ProtossX

@Salt_The_Fries said:
@santoron said:

Xbone is bound to be beyond doomed outside America and the UK. Its perception outside those 2 territories will never change.

they aren't advertising, they have no japanese styled exclusives like the 360

its almost like the xbone is a completely diff ball club

they took out bungie/bioware/epic exclusives now all multiplat studios

they don't have mistwalker doing jrpgs like lost oddyssey or blue dragon

rare hasn't made a legit game in forever

they made some flops like project spark / kinect games / new conker

there flagship series was broken MCC

this team is just a completely diff team i don't know these people they aren't the 360 team this team is horribad and i dunno why it exists

i heard phil spencer is making a football game hows it gonna compete with madden and the xbox doesn't have a baseball game which is quite a popular sport in japan and usa so i mean like wtf? its the 3rd most watched sport behind football/basketball usaully baseball is next why 2 football games like this guy just doesn't even make sense i dunno who he is

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NyaDC
@bobrossperm said:
@nyadc said:
@bobrossperm said:

Yep, you can't win this without putting effort into it. PS2 won with it's chunky library as did PS1. Granted, partly because it was the console starchild at the time too. But PS4 is Sony's worst effort yet. Darn right lazy. I mean, I know your opinion on Bloodborne, but to be fair, the games shit hot. It's a legit mad good exclusive for the platform. But I see it as the only must have game, and it's niche (in the sense that it appeals to a certain type of gamer). It's literally true that Uncharted 4 is the first must have that is totally accessible. A fucken year away.

By that time, the Xbox One will have had Halo 5 and Tomb Raider for nearly 6 months. But if I am perfectly honest, PS4 right now has Bloodborne as it's finest game, Xbox One has Forza Horizon 2? I'd take Bloodborne, but that's me. No disrespect to what is apparently one of the finest racing games to come since, well, Forza 4.

To be fair to all the console manufacturers though, they have games in development for them left right and center. MS just did a better job with getting cracking early on with most of their exclusives. But on Sony's side, I think every first party studio is working on a PS4 exclusive. Naughty Dog alone is working on 2. I am sure the same could be said for Xbox. As you know Halo, Gears Of War, Forza, Fable, and Rare stuff are coming to Xbox One in the next couple of years. As well as their third party offerings in Scalebound, Tomb Raider, Quantum Break. We have the right to be pissed about having no games, but games don't make themselves. Nobody can predict when a game should be finished or when it's at the quality they want.

I agree with exactly what you're saying.

Here's another thing you have to consider too, Quantum Break was no doubt delayed to release in the same window as Uncharted 4 as direct competition, and Uncharted 4 was likely delayed because it couldn't compete with the Xbox One holiday lineup or offerings. And I do completely agree that Bloodborne is a very good game, but only if it appeals to you, and like you said that demographic is small, very small, Uncharted 4 will be the first must have accessible exclusive.

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts

There is a chance it will win the holiday season but I mean they still will be behind in US sales and WW sales.

However, we don't care about sales on the holiday season. We care about their solid line up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

@nyadc said:
@Maddie_Larkin said:

Couldn't the same be said of the PlayStation 4's current position in relation to how Microsoft dropped the ball pre-launch on the Xbox One?

nah it is not a double standard, I certainly don't dismiss the reason is ahead is due to the Poor X1 start, I don't think I have stated otherwise in my post, or ever. I would even argue that it does indeed shine through in my previous post.

The PS4 had a much better launch due to the trainwreck that was the X1 reveal. Everyone knows this, so the X1 have been playing catchup, you would have to admit that with all the goodwill that the PS4 garnered due its reveal and first E3, they would indeed have to have dropped the ball big time, for MS to catch up to that hype.

A feat I pointed out would not really be likely had Sony followed up on what they set out to do. X1 has only about managed to get rid of most of its bad press, it has not been seen as anything great, but it is a feat to turn that trainwreck of bad PR into something resembling normality. But that is how far the X1 has gone, into the "standard" In the meanwhile the PS4 has fallen from the best brightest light of this gen, to being an average piece of hardware, with consumers still waiting for the games promised.

To me, that is not MS catching up, it is Sony Falling face Down. e3 is comming soon, though, my bet is that MS will be going all out, they have to, so after e3 I might consider the leader of MS to not only pull a small miracle, but managing a rather big one. That is if Sony still its with thier thumbs up thier asses.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

It wouldn't change, and the One always does well during the holidays

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ProtossX

@Maddie_Larkin said:
@nyadc said:
@Maddie_Larkin said:

nah it is not a double standard, I certainly don't dismiss the reason is ahead is due to the Poor X1 start, I don't think I have stated otherwise in my post, or ever. I would even argue that it does indeed shine through in my previous post.

The PS4 had a much better launch due to the trainwreck that was the X1 reveal. Everyone knows this, so the X1 have been playing catchup, you would have to admit that with all the goodwill that the PS4 garnered due its reveal and first E3, they would indeed have to have dropped the ball big time, for MS to catch up to that hype.

A feat I pointed out would not really be likely had Sony followed up on what they set out to do. X1 has only about managed to get rid of most of its bad press, it has not been seen as anything great, but it is a feat to turn that trainwreck of bad PR into something resembling normality. But that is how far the X1 has gone, into the "standard" In the meanwhile the PS4 has fallen from the best brightest light of this gen, to being an average piece of hardware, with consumers still waiting for the games promised.

To me, that is not MS catching up, it is Sony Falling face Down. e3 is comming soon, though, my bet is that MS will be going all out, they have to, so after e3 I might consider the leader of MS to not only pull a small miracle, but managing a rather big one. That is if Sony still its with thier thumbs up thier asses.

how did sony have thumbs up there ass when there system was 400 dollars with GTA 5 best selling game ever made? for free with last of us once of the highest metacritic games ever made while xb1 launched at 100 dollars higher price and played games in worst quality? there online is 10 dollars cheaper per year an they have way better games on multiple platforms with Ps+ an better deals

i wouldn't call head up the ass

id call itactually pretty intelligent ps4 the best selling fastest selling console in history NES didn't beat it playstation 1 or EVEN 2 WITH A FUCKING DVD PLAYER an every game ever made during that time couldn't beat the ps4

think about maddie take that in

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MonsieurX

@ProtossX said:
@Maddie_Larkin said:
@nyadc said:
@Maddie_Larkin said:

how did sony have thumbs up there ass when there system was 400 dollars with GTA 5 best selling game ever made?for free with last of us once of the highest metacritic games ever made while xb1 launched at 100 dollars higher price and played games in worst quality? there online is 10 dollars cheaper per year an they have way better games on multiple platforms with Ps+ an better deals

id call itactually pretty intelligent ps4 the best selling fastest selling console in history NES didn't beat it playstation 1 or EVEN 2 WITH A FUCKING DVD PLAYER an every game ever made during that time couldn't beat the ps4

It's not the best selling game ever

Far from the highest metacritic ever made

Fastest selling console in history doesn't mean much,just more people around gaming

Please,stop lying

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ProtossX

@MonsieurX said:
@ProtossX said:

I hate to be a douche like that solidty guy but

IM A FRIGGIN masticore i own every system ever made

cept the wiiU and 3ds which my friend owns an i play his like i said im not into those new nintendo things im old school nintendo gamer ppl forget what that means around here

ive been coming to site since early 200

ive been around the block ive done my time here im a TRUE GAMER

TRUE OLD SCHOOL GAMER who knows whats good an whats bad and doesn't fold punches calls spades a spade

ppl know my name i come on here there like oh yeah protoss i know that guy hes legit hes a gamer like me an thats what they see with me

PCMR xb1 ps4 and xb1 is shit son its terribad its not a new team a new brand this things a flop

just come to accept me as who i am real gamer, and em yeah i mean pc is the way right now and ps4 is for the peasants

xb1 is like this gimpy like tiger hand held piece of trash and ill take my mcc and odst an just walk out the door cuz thats all i got

true gamers they do switch sides they do change up oh after playing the xbone for awhile okay i dont like it as much anymore im just being real and after getting more games on the ps4 im liking it more

and pc is pc its always gonna be the master race thats neve going anywhere not even a tablet is ever gonna be PCMR ppl will always need those master race pc's to build the games and photoshop things they aint going anywhere

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

I do enjoy protoss posting.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MonsieurX

@ProtossX said:
@MonsieurX said:
@ProtossX said:

I hate to be a douche like that solidty guy but

IM A FRIGGIN masticore i own every system ever made

cept the wiiU and 3ds which my friend owns an i play his like i said im not into those new nintendo things im old school nintendo gamer ppl forget what that means around here

ive been coming to site since early 200

ive been around the block ive done my time here im a TRUE GAMER

TRUE OLD SCHOOL GAMER who knows whats good an whats bad and doesn't fold punches calls spades a spade

ppl know my name i come on here there like oh yeah protoss i know that guy hes legit hes a gamer like me an thats what they see with me

PCMR xb1 ps4 and xb1 is shit son its terribad its not a new team a new brand this things a flop

just come to accept me as who i am real gamer, and em yeah i mean pc is the way right now and ps4 is for the peasants

xb1 is like this gimpy like tiger hand held piece of trash and ill take my mcc and odst an just walk out the door cuz thats all i got

true gamers they do switch sides they do change up oh after playing the xbone for awhile okay i dont like it as much anymore im just being real and after getting more games on the ps4 im liking it more

and pc is pc its always gonna be the master race thats neve going anywhere not even a tablet is ever gonna be PCMR ppl will always need those master race pc's to build the games and photoshop things they aint going anywhere

A masticore you say? What's that?

And that's a terrible PC

And this doesn't prove anything

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@nyadc said:
@AzatiS said:
@TigerSuperman said:

Considering North America (Canadian shopping trends echo US trends) alone made up 123 million of the 271 million consoles sold last generation, I think that's a reason to care....

Yeah , lem logic ...

Considering X360 literally won sales wise almost every single month in NA since it first released VS PS3 ( except very few months in 9 years period almost and aside "ties" ) ... How the hell it ended up almost a tie in the end of generation ?

Also , i didnt say to not care ... i said you ONLY care about NPD and US ... Theres no point to care only for a region when you losing the war ( worldwide sales), period. ( same deal was with PS3 and Japan sales for example ).

Wake up !! You lems going rampant again , you never learn.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Same as now. I'll still enjoy both just as I have.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

@ProtossX said:
@Maddie_Larkin said:
@nyadc said:
@Maddie_Larkin said:

how did sony have thumbs up there ass when there system was 400 dollars with GTA 5 best selling game ever made? for free with last of us once of the highest metacritic games ever made while xb1 launched at 100 dollars higher price and played games in worst quality? there online is 10 dollars cheaper per year an they have way better games on multiple platforms with Ps+ an better deals

Let me see, GTA 5 is a 3hird party game, so what does Sony have to do with that? And a remaster is nothing to Victory over, the sad thing? the Last of us is likely the best game for the PS4, and it is a freaking Port, how poor is that?

Ah but there is a difference between the X1 launch, and what they did, no? the X1 is NOT 100$ over the PS4 anymore, so that point is so pointless that you might aswell have omitted it, well in truth all the points you stated so far could and should have been omitted due to them being rubbish.

I would indeed call it thumbs up thier asses, any other console would have been hammered for it, but somehow those points gets a pass from the fanboys.

And big whoop on PS+, something made manditory for mp, is somehow a good thing? nice coolaid you are drinking. It is like stating which robber takes the least. And sorry but PS+ have yielded the most pathetic games for the PS4 that I have seen out of any console (yeah it is even a better deal for the Vita, and PS3 (which is its only saving grace)). But then Again bringing Ps+ up as some sort of good point is stupid.

So, you mean to tell me that the fastest growing industry, leades to higher sales, my my, didd'nt you fail basic economics in school?

The X1 launched in fewer territories then the PS4, and the X1 sold more then the 360 in its launch period, Yeah I know mind boggeling, Nvidia also posted higher sales then ever. Meaning both X1 and Pc's seem to have sold way higher aswell.

Now PS4 Did have the better reveal, by a long shot, however, where are the games for the media device? I have a few lackluster exclusives, otherwise it survives off of 3rd party titles. Oh yes, Sony has done such a good job. Oh wait, no that is not Sony.

Sony promised, alot, and unless Sony pulls its shit together, I see a very real possability that the X1 might end up crushing it at this e3. Especially since the difference between the x1 and PS4 is fairly small in compairson to say, the average PC. Hardware does not matter in the end, for most, the games does, and what have Sony brought?

The incredibly bad I:SS (lifeless city, mixed bag of textures, lag when using neonsprint, or turning in crowded areas, inferior to its predecessors) KZ:SF? (Average FPS at best, my vote for the best looking PS4 title, but so void of anything out of the standard). Knack? (better then most gives it credit for, but certainly not good). And what else do we have? Oh the one good game for hte PS4, namely Bloodborne, which is a faster paced Souls game, not a slant, but far from earthshattering. The Order? Yeah that was a letdown, no?

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Unchanged?

Why would my perception of it be colored by its sales performance, and in just one market at that?

And with that: /Thread.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ProtossX said:
@MonsieurX said:
@ProtossX said:

You are quite delusional

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Couldn't care less. Pretty damn weird if anyone's did

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Unchanged?

Exactly! Besides Xbox's always outsell and sell way better in the U.S. every XMas time. It's called bizarre Americans behavior.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

I do enjoy protoss posting.

So do I, stupid but fun and entertaining.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By NyaDC

@AzatiS said:
@nyadc said:
@AzatiS said:
@TigerSuperman said:

Yeah , lem logic ...

Considering X360 literally won sales wise almost every single month in NA since it first released VS PS3 ( except very few months in 9 years period almost and aside "ties" ) ... How the hell it ended up almost a tie in the end of generation ?

Also , i didnt say to not care ... i said you ONLY care about NPD and US ... Theres no point to care only for a region when you losing the war ( worldwide sales), period. ( same deal was with PS3 and Japan sales for example ).

The PlayStation 4 has only sold 8.65 million units in North America in relation to the Xbox One's 7.79 (last reported) million units, if you also factor in the sales of the Wii U which comes in at 4.5 million you are left with a total of 20.94 million consoles sold in North America. Now look at last generation for North America, 123 million units sold, that of which 45 million were attributed to the Wii, 49 million to the Xbox 360 and 29 million to the PlayStation 3.

That leaves a massive remaining market share of possible purchasers in North America, especially considering the Wii U is no Wii and is not selling at even remotely the rate it did last generation, so those people are looking for another option. The market share potential for both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in North America is huge, ridiculously huge, and if Microsoft continues to close that gap and capitalizes on its home turf it could consume that Wii market share and completely obliterate the PlayStation 4. One of the main selling points for the Wii was its price and value, that of which Microsoft with the Xbox One is hand over foot doing much better than Sony and the PlayStation 4 and even Nintendo with the Wii U.

North America alone could determine who wins this console generation.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@nyadc said:
@AzatiS said:
@nyadc said:
@AzatiS said:
@TigerSuperman said:

Yeah , lem logic ...

The PlayStation 4 has only sold 8.65 million units in North America in relation to the Xbox One's 7.79 (last reported) million units, if you also factor in the sales of the Wii U which comes in at 4.5 million you are left with a total of 20.94 million consoles sold in North America. Now look at last generation for North America, 123 million units sold, that of which 45 million were attributed to the Wii, 49 million to the Xbox 360 and 29 million to the PlayStation 3.

That leaves a massive remaining market share of possible purchasers in North America, especially considering the Wii U is no Wii and is not selling at even remotely the rate it did last generation, so those people are looking for another option. The market share potential for both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in North America is huge, ridiculously huge, and if Microsoft continues to close that gap and capitalizes on its home turf it could consume that Wii market share and completely obliterate the PlayStation 4. One of the main selling points for the Wii was its price and value, that of which Microsoft with the Xbox One is hand over foot doing much better than Sony and the PlayStation 4 and even Nintendo with the Wii U.

North America alone could determine who wins this console generation.

Do people really believe this?

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By NyaDC

@Chutebox said:

Do people really believe this?

With the Wii U more or less being an irrelevance and out of the picture, sure, why not?

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: Probably true. And there are several great arguments to be made for the merits of owning the console. I'm just saying arguing sales is a pretty poor one, especially if your argument is to ignore Actual total sales and to instead focus on only certain areas, or certain times of year to try and tout sales. Bottom line is if you aren't winning WW, you aren't winning squat.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Unchanged.

I don't feel like paying for both PSN and XBL, so I'm gonna stick with the PS4. Plus even Phil Spencer admits on record the DX12 won't affect the X1 much.

THERE IS NO SECRET SAUCE.