What will be the best game releasing this month?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 3 years, 8 months ago

Poll: What will be the best game releasing this month? (90 votes)

Watch Dogs (XB1, PS4, PS3, X360, PC) 31%
Wolfenstein: The New Order (XB1, PS4, PS3, X360, PC) 12%
Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) 57%

May looks to be a great month for owners of all systems- but which game releasing this month do you think will be the best? This isn't a question about which will score the highest, just a simple question for you, the gamer: which of these three games will eventually come out as the best of the month?

#51 Edited by R4gn4r0k (27151 posts) -

@charizard1605: Where is Age of Mythology: EX ? I thought you were an AOE fan ? :p

From that, rather weak, list: Mario Kart

#52 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (9288 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@charizard1605: Where is Age of Mythology: EX ? I thought you were an AOE fan ? :p

From that, rather weak, list: Mario Kart

That game released like 10 years ago.

#53 Posted by santoron (8583 posts) -

Of the list I'd go Watch Dogs > Wolfenstein > MK8.

Watch Dogs looks great, has an interesting mechanic with the hacking, and a awesome location in Chicago.

Wolfenstein is yet another shooter, but one hat eschews the MP crutch and promises a genuinely interesting "alternate history" type campaign. I'm not getting it right off, but I'm keeping an eye out on impressions and reviews.

MK8 is ... Mario kart, with the apparent "killer feature" being the resolution. I'm not getting this one because I don't have the system, but with at least four different copies of MK laying around I kind of feel like I've owned this one for years...

#54 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (2620 posts) -

MLB the show

#55 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14353 posts) -

Watch Dogs

#56 Edited by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -

I think Transistor or Mario Kart 8 will be the best game releasing this month. I'm hoping Wolfenstein and Watch Dogs are also epic, and hopefully Shovel Knight gets released soon

#57 Edited by Spartan070 (16402 posts) -

Wolfenstein is the only one that remotely interests me so I voted that one.

#58 Edited by heguain (1414 posts) -

Mario?!

Weird people...:D

#59 Edited by Animal-Mother (27353 posts) -

I;m giving it personally to watch dogs ( will it actually be good? who knows) Because it's a fresh new IP.

#60 Posted by cainetao11 (32749 posts) -

Have Watchdogs about paid for. Wolfenstein, I'll hold off, see reviews, listen to those I can on here. MK8 is well a Nintendo first party that imo gives it an advantage as they usually do well.

#61 Edited by hehe101 (730 posts) -

Mario kart and smash bros, the only thing that makes a WII U worthy. I'll defiantly miss playing these titles.

#62 Posted by R4gn4r0k (27151 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

That game released like 10 years ago.

People still count the Sly Cooper Collection and God of War collection as new releases.

Do you think when it comes out people won't think TLOU on PS4 is a new release ?

I didn't say it's a new game, but it is a new release :)

#63 Posted by CTR360 (8452 posts) -

watch dogs

#64 Posted by Vaasman (12879 posts) -

Transistor.

#66 Posted by yokofox33 (30774 posts) -

Probably Mario Kart 8. The previews and trailers leave no reasons why it shouldn't be a fantastic game.

#67 Posted by MBirdy88 (12230 posts) -

Ugh... crap month...

If I had to choose, I guess it would be Mario Kart ... but I've grown tired of the franchise over the years.... and Wii U sucks... so not buying it.

Watch dogs.... yet another reptitive ubisoft sandbox where we will see a set of 5 mission types, collect loads of pointless little crap, go from a to b to get a cutscene... rince repeat.

Wolfenstien ... not been following, another linear story shooter with no challenge and focus on cutscenes....

Mario Kart because it focuses on gameplay by a landslide...

#68 Edited by AzatiS (13997 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

Mediocre list is Mediocre.. was this thread just a reason to mention Mario karttc? wouldn't be surprised if so

I think so too but nevertheless... Mario Kart , again the same thing over and over with some additions here and there ... I wonder how Nintendofans can be so excited with the same game they playing over 15 years with slightly different gameplay elements every new game ( more or less )... But hey , thats why i dont own a Wii U i guess so lets not ruin it for them , its a first party title Nintendo fans like

#69 Edited by sHaDyCuBe321 (5683 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:

C'mon. Watchdogs is the only fresh new IP coming this month.

Because sandbox open world games that are shooters are so uncommon -___-

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
#70 Edited by ShepardCommandr (4844 posts) -

Wolfenstein has a pretty good chance

#71 Edited by sHaDyCuBe321 (5683 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

Mediocre list is Mediocre.. was this thread just a reason to mention Mario kart tc? wouldn't be surprised if so

You want some peanut butter with that jelly?

#72 Posted by VERTIGO47 (6943 posts) -

Not interested in MK8 nor do I have a WiiU.

I enjoy FPS games, so I'll take Wolfenstein (XB360). Watch Dogs would have to wait till I get my hands on a PS4 this summer. Still rocking the older generation 7 consoles due to some backlogs. I'm in no rush.