Here are my top 5. To make it more dramatic I've added spoiler censors!
5. Wii U Controller - battery life was horrible, but the controller itself was a cool idea. The fact that you can play with two screens at most was helpful especially for inventory management and using maps.
4. Xbox 360 Controller - The PS3 controller was pretty much lackluster. I liked the form factor of the 360 controller more. It was good for shooters and racing games.
3. PS4 Controller - definitely much better than the PS3 controller. Better handle and better trigger. The light bar was interesting, but didn't really do much. The speaker idea was cool, but wasn't used to its potential.
2. Xbox One Controller - Not a whole lot different than the 360 controller, but the trigger upgrade was innovative in my opinion. So much that Sony is pretty much copying it for the PS5. The only reason why this controller is not number 1 for me, is that I feel like it's still just geared towards shooters and racing games. Microsoft should work to make it better for all genres.
1. Switch Pro Controller - The battery life is phenomenal. I could never remember how often I recharge the controller because each charge lasts so long. Its predecessor, the Wii U Pro Controller, was a good start, but this one feels and handles better. I even like using this controller for Smash Bros.
There you have it folks!! My top 5.. how about yours?