What was your deciding factor of buying an Xbox One X

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pandadropkicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Pandadropkicks
Member since 2017 • 389 Posts

I personally was debating between getting one, or saving my money, but then I remembered PUBG, and I decided that I wanted to play the best console version of it. What about you guys?

Oh, and btw, there is a great deal for one of the best 4k hdr tvs of 2016 if you don't have one yet. The vizio p50-c1, at sams club. Currently $598 for 50"

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

I'm an Xbox fan and want the extra power... simple decision for me.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Strongest console ever and I already have 150+ games in my Xbox library

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EndofAugust
Member since 2017 • 812 Posts

I'm a rabid lem, duh.

Seriously though, it's an impressive system and I want it, I want something to finally validate my 4K TV purchase and this absolutely will.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

I want a 4K console, and I want to play multiplats at their best without paying for a high end PC. Plus I have over 210 games in my X1 library.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

yup, all the usual suspects

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hrt_rulz01

@aigis: Your point? We're answering the question and contributing to the thread. Unlike you.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Primorandomguy

@aigis: Do you have a problem with people wanting an X1X? You're pathetic you know that?

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 aigis

@hrt_rulz01: Hey, I didnt say it was a bad thing :P

I dont feel my serious answer would go over well anyways

Ryu_Silveira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ryu_Silveira
Member since 2017 • 167 Posts

I got my bud Kevin Miller coming this Saturday to calibrate my 55" 4K Samsung KS8000 so definitely looking forward to playing some games on it and watching my 4K movies here. Red Dead Redemption 2 :)

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 aigis

@primorandomguy: Do what you want, none of my business. The response time on this is pretty quick btw, gj

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hrt_rulz01

@aigis: Lol, yeah I don't doubt it.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Primorandomguy

@aigis: We all know you're anti MS, it's ok. Go ahead with your fanboy serious answer lol.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By aigis

@primorandomguy: Im anti-nintendo too ya know

And my serious answer is just im not getting it. Its a boring answer, I tried to warn you

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Oh look the usual cow suspects

Amidoinitright?

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

I want my 3rd party games to run at their best and at the highest resolutions on console. The only way to do that is with an Xbox One X.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

The exclusives.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 aigis

@FLOPPAGE_50: nailed it

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

To play all the Xbox console exclusives without all the hassle of the Windows 10 store and to play the best versions of 3rd party games for at least the next 2-3 years.

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

My deciding factor were the console launch exclusives :)

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts

The games. I have over 100 Xbox One games already and upgrading those is a very appealing prospect for me. I also love the first party games that Microsoft puts out right now so that will be continuing. Having a 4K UHD player is another strong reason for me to choose the system.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Deciding factor? That it wasn't too late to get one.

ralphikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ralphikari
Member since 2006 • 752 Posts

Higher frame rate, resolution and detail without the hassle of tweaking, uninstalling and upgrading.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

Well you do have to go all out to get the most powerful console ever created. Thankfully MSoft knows that their fans only want the best games imaginable.

Return Of The King

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

I was going to buy it for Forza 7 but not anymore, well not until MS stops doing dumb shit like this.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Primorandomguy

@i_p_daily: You're seriously not buying an X1X because of that?

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xhawk27

@i_p_daily said:

I was going to buy it for Forza 7 but not anymore, well not until MS stops doing dumb shit like this.

Yeah I kind of hate MS for doing this too. You don't need all the Xbox games on the PC.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hrt_rulz01

@i_p_daily said:

@xhawk27 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Yeah I kind of hate MS for doing this too. You don't need all the Xbox games on the PC.

So are you guys pissed because MS are making a PC-only game, and not bringing it to console?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@primorandomguy said:

@i_p_daily: You're seriously not buying an X1X because of that?

Look i've bought every MS console, some of them more than once (RROD) paid for live for 8yrs, and MS go and do that. Why should I spend $650AUS and give MS more money when they are starting to make games that won't play on my console, can you answer me that?

@xhawk27 said:
@i_p_daily said:

I'm fine with Xbox games being on PC also because I can still play them on my Xbox, but when they put money into making a game that I can't play annoys me. I support MS yearly PC gamers do not, yet MS says hey lets make a PC only game, pure fucking genius and the person who thought of that idea should get a raise.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@i_p_daily said:

@xhawk27 said:
@i_p_daily said:

So are you guys pissed because MS are making a PC-only game, and not bringing it to console?

I'm pissed because i've supported MS since the original Xbox through to the 360 and now XB1, and I see this as a slap in the face. They are making all first party games for Xbox and now PC (which i'm fine with), cancelled a few Xbox games (which i'm not), and now making PC only games. Why should I give MS more money for the Scorpio?

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

Can't please everyone, people have been asking for new Ages of Empire for a looong time, most of those people would be pissed if the new one was watered down to work on controller and as there's still no real m+kb support on xbox someone is bound to be mad.

I find it unlikely that the game wont appear on Xbox at all down the road, maybe when m+kb support arrives or they make a another version suitable for controllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@howmakewood said:

Can't please everyone, people have been asking for new Ages of Empire for a looong time, most of those people would be pissed if the new one was watered down to work on controller and as there's still no real m+kb support on xbox someone is bound to be mad

Are you a PC gamer, or do you own an Xbox?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hrt_rulz01

@i_p_daily said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@i_p_daily said:

@xhawk27 said:
@i_p_daily said:

I'm pissed because i've supported MS since the original Xbox through to the 360 and now XB1, and I see this as a slap in the face. They are making all first party games for Xbox and now PC (which i'm fine with), cancelled a few Xbox games (which i'm not), and now making PC only games. Why should I give MS more money for the Scorpio?

Hmmm yeah I guess... it's only 1 game but. Can't see them making a huge amount of games for PC only. Just every now & then.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@howmakewood said:

Can't please everyone, people have been asking for new Ages of Empire for a looong time, most of those people would be pissed if the new one was watered down to work on controller and as there's still no real m+kb support on xbox someone is bound to be mad

Are you a PC gamer, or do you own an Xbox?

Mainly PC yes, do have og xbox and 360, I updated my reply a bit stating it'll most likely come to xbox down the road

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@i_p_daily said:

@xhawk27 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Hmmm yeah I guess... it's only 1 game but. Can't see them making a huge amount of games for PC only. Just every now & then.

And everyone that they make for PC is one less you and I as Xbox gamers miss out on, with funds being used to make games you can't play, and remember it all starts with 1.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Primorandomguy

@i_p_daily: It's just one game, and it happens to be a game that really wouldn't work well with controllers. But I understand the sentiment. I still think you should get an X1X though. Don't hold yourself back because a corporation does something you don't like. Every corporation is going to do that. You just gotta ask yourself, is it that big of a deal to keep yourself from getting something you really want?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hrt_rulz01

@i_p_daily: Yeah maybe... or maybe it could help fund other games for Xbox. But we'll see how it pans out. Certainly wouldn't not got an X because of it.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xhawk27

A game like Age of Empires is really meant to be on PCs, so I am not mad about that being only on PC. I do not understand why MS is making every Xbox game on the PC too. They can keep some only on Xbox like Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves and some others should be only on Xbox Consoles.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Sheep.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

A game like Age of Empires is really meant to be on PCs, so I am not mad about that being only on PC. I do not understand why MS is making every Xbox game on the PC too. They can keep some only on Xbox like Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves and some others should be only on Xbox Consoles.

Halo 5G is not available for PC. Age of Empires 4's control system and complexity may not work on XBO format.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Just wanted to have the version with the small green project scorpio -print.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 xhawk27

@ronvalencia said:
@xhawk27 said:

Halo 5G is not available for PC. Age of Empires 4's control system and complexity may not work on XBO format.

Yeah I know that but I think MS should not make every major Xbox game on the PC too. They need some ammo to fight the Xbox haters.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@xhawk27 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@xhawk27 said:

Yeah I know that but I think MS should not make every major Xbox game on the PC too. They need some ammo to fight the Xbox haters.

From MS POV, Windows PCs are just a higher cost Xbox (DirectX Box) SKUs (think of 3DO clone gaming machines). MS store is selling OEM partner's desktop gaming PCs with MS's branded hardware.

One of the few major reasons why 3DO failed is due to gaming PCs already reached clone gaming machine's purpose.

Xbox's exist for small CPU:big GPU ratio hardware at a price point i.e. MS's disagreement with PC OEM's setup at a price point. AMD didn't self funded X1X's APU and AMD's APU size haven't exceed 260 mm2.

When consumers buys Windows based gaming PC, they are buying another Xbox (DirectX box). As long consumers are buying into MS's ecosystem, it's good for MS.

http://www.informationweek.com/if-youre-going-to-steal-software-steal-from-us-microsoft-exec/d/d-id/1052865?

If You're Going To Steal Software, Steal From Us: Microsoft Exec

Microsoft business group president Jeff Raikes estimates that between 20% and 25% of all software used in the United States is pirated, but said some pirates end up becoming paying customers.

If you're going to be a software counterfeiter, then please copy and illegally use Microsoft products.

The above plea isn't from a posting on a hacker forum. Rather, it's how Microsoft business group president Jeff Raikes feels about software counterfeiters. "If they're going to pirate somebody, we want it to be us rather than somebody else," Raikes said.

"We understand that in the long run the fundamental asset is the installed base of people who are using our products," Raikes said. "What you hope to do over time is convert them to licensing the software."

Raikes said Microsoft isn't about to abandon efforts to track down those who illegally copy and use its products. However, he said Microsoft has to balance that approach with the recognition that users of purloined software could one day become legitimate customers.

"You want to push towards getting legal licensing, but you don't want to push so hard that you lose the asset that's most fundamental in the business," said Raikes, who estimated that between 20% and 25% of all software used in the United States is pirated.

Raikes said Microsoft is developing so-called "pay-as-you-go" software offerings with pricing schemes similar to those used by cell phone companies for emerging markets as a way of encouraging low-income individuals to use the company's products legally.

Linux is dead on desktop with MS's attitude on piracy e.g. unlicensed Windows 10 works fine. MS's core business is to get it's ecosystem to every market segments.

Using another ecosystem hurts MS e.g. MacOS X or ChromeOS.

Anti-MS camp wanted to argue for Xbox divide from Windows PCs when the difference is like Sony's PS Vita, PS3 and PS4 SKUs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@primorandomguy said:

@i_p_daily: It's just one game, and it happens to be a game that really wouldn't work well with controllers. But I understand the sentiment. I still think you should get an X1X though. Don't hold yourself back because a corporation does something you don't like. Every corporation is going to do that. You just gotta ask yourself, is it that big of a deal to keep yourself from getting something you really want?

Why should I give a corporation money when they do something I don't like. Sony has no racing games I want and that's something I don't like and i haven't given them any of my money.

It's not about wether the game will work on console or not, that's not the issue and people seem to be harping on that, it's about supporting the customers that support you. And remember it all starts with 1.

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@i_p_daily: Yeah maybe... or maybe it could help fund other games for Xbox. But we'll see how it pans out. Certainly wouldn't not got an X because of it.

And it could also fund more PC only games. I don't own a 4k tv, and since we live in OZ, you and I both know that a 4ktv/Scorpio combo is going to cost at least $2,000 because I would only want a Samsung tv. That's a massive investment that i'm making, for that I want a massive investment from MS which I feel they're not doing that.

If you and others are getting the Scorpio then that's cool because I know you guys will enjoy it. I feel different so no Scorpio for me for now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ronvalencia said:
@xhawk27 said:

Serious question ron, do you own an XB1? and do you plan on getting the Scorpio?

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

Good lord, some people on here really need to get out of the system wars bubble and get a fucking brain. The more people who can play a game the better, however if that means making the game shallow as hell then no it shouldn't be done.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#49 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

I'm an Xbox fan and want the extra power... simple decision for me.

and multiplatform games will look better on the X.

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

I like how all existing games will look and play better.

Another growing list of enhanced games pushes the look and performance even further.

All multiplats will run and look better on Teh X.

You don't need a 1080p tv to take advantage of this but just to be safe I picked up a LG 55" OLED.

Cows losing their minds over the power.