What Was Your Best and Worst Game Mission This Year?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ms555
Member since 2007 • 2665 Posts
Hey again guys. Some people think this was kind of a bad year for gaming. Well it certainly wasnt the greatest, but there were alot of memorable moments in this years games. So im curious to know what missions really stuck in ur mind this year. For better or for worse. I made a poll with some main memorable missions i can think of, but thats just scratching the surface of the moments we got this year. This year my favorite mission was the Farcry 3 weed burning mission, and my least favorite is definitely that damn chase scene at the end of AC3 with Charles Lee! So speak up guys about ur favorite and least favorite gaming missions of 2012
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Favorite was probably Mass Effect 3-Earth

Least Favorite was probably in Assassin's Creed 3 where you have to go around the camp freeing people

Also, watch the spoilers in the last part of your original post!

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

My least favorite was any of the dates in Sleeping Dogs. Not a super well-written game to start with, but GOD.

I want to believe they were a satire, like "This is what nerds imagine having a girlfriend is like" but nothing else in the game was meta like that, so I don't know.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Any of the chase sequence in ACIII where your character enjoy falling down like a moron.

Many of those perfect synchro too, oh man, like those where you must not push anyone in your way, also during a chase sequence!

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PhazonBlazer

Any of the chase sequence in ACIII where your character enjoy falling down like a moron.

Many of those perfect synchro too, oh man, like those where you must not push anyone in your way, also during a chase sequence!

archvile_78

Working on 100% synchro right now, I'm dreading going back to get 100% on these missions.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 archvile_78

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

PhazonBlazer

Working on 100% synchro right now, I'm dreading going back to get 100% on these missions.

One in particular is mostly based on luck it's the...

[spoiler] one where, i can't remember his name, but the chase goes in slow motion and you gotta kill him before he reaches george washington. The synchro is to stop him before he kill both George's bodyguard while also killing two guards. It's often based on luck, the best way is to bash the head of the guy you run after and lure him back into a group of guard. So he stays focused on you. [/spoiler]

Still because of lousy stealth many of those full synchro were annoying to get.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ms555

archvile_78
I like ac3, but ac3 frustrated me more than any other game this year! Mostly cus of stupid chase scenes! The very last chase scene where u gotta get Charles Lee, man that sucked!! For most frustrating game of the year i give an honorable mention to hitman as well. A game that punishes u for having fun! Lol
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Honestly my fav mission is a tie between Max Payne 3 Airport and Far Cry 3 weed field burning. Worst I have to go with Jakes snow lvl in RE6.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 archvile_78

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

ms555

I like ac3, but ac3 frustrated me more than any other game this year! Mostly cus of stupid chase scenes! The very last chase scene where u gotta get Charles Lee, man that sucked!! For most frustrating game of the year i give an honorable mention to hitman as well. A game that punishes u for having fun! Lol

I remember this sequence, gotta not let him get away past 50m from you, and because guard magically has a huge hitbox for when they push you with their musket this was one annoying synchro to get.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ms555

[QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="archvile_78"]

archvile_78

I remember this sequence, gotta not let him get away past 50m from you, and because guard magically has a huge hitbox for when they push you with their musket this was one annoying synchro to get.

Yea and plus ur not supposed to push anybody! And there were like twenty ways to fall down and have to start all over again, i must have replayed that chase like 15 times no joke!
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
Dishonored so far I guess. I really liked the return to Dunwall Tower, the Party, and the whore house stuff. Least favorite mission would probably a lot of the stuff in AC3.
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 archvile_78

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

[QUOTE="ms555"] I like ac3, but ac3 frustrated me more than any other game this year! Mostly cus of stupid chase scenes! The very last chase scene where u gotta get Charles Lee, man that sucked!! For most frustrating game of the year i give an honorable mention to hitman as well. A game that punishes u for having fun! Lolms555

Yea and plus ur not supposed to push anybody! And there were like twenty ways to fall down and have to start all over again, i must have replayed that chase like 15 times no joke!

Took me quite a few tries myself, had to go through set path but because of control at time i was getting fvcked over. Honestly i loved AC3 but the navigation felt clunkier, at least they had tree navigation perfectly nailed, so smooth.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PhazonBlazer

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

[QUOTE="ms555"] I like ac3, but ac3 frustrated me more than any other game this year! Mostly cus of stupid chase scenes! The very last chase scene where u gotta get Charles Lee, man that sucked!! For most frustrating game of the year i give an honorable mention to hitman as well. A game that punishes u for having fun! Lolms555

I really don't see how it's even possible to get 100% synchro on that mission:x

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ms555

Honestly my fav mission is a tie between Max Payne 3 Airport and Far Cry 3 weed field burning. Worst I have to go with Jakes snow lvl in RE6.

Ballroompirate
Oh cool, both of those are in the poll haha. I liked the max payne mission alot. It was very well designed, it was long and challenging, and playing to that Health soundtrack was very bada$$ lol. But the farcry 3 mission was cooler for me, i really dont know why but i had so much fun. And the skrillex song really MADE that level
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ms555

[QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="archvile_78"]

PhazonBlazer

Exactly my thoughts! Its such a poorly designed mission. Kotaku actually made a whole article declaring that chase scene the worst mission of 2012, i definitely agree!
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PhazonBlazer

[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

[QUOTE="ms555"] Yea and plus ur not supposed to push anybody! And there were like twenty ways to fall down and have to start all over again, i must have replayed that chase like 15 times no joke!ms555

Exactly my thoughts! Its such a poorly designed mission. Kotaku actually made a whole article declaring that chase scene the worst mission of 2012, i definitely agree!

I tried so many ways to get around the guards. I tried going on the boats, target got too far ahead. I tried assassinating a few guards while running, get locked into combat. I really don't see how it's possible!

At least after all of this effort the ending won't be awful...right?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

ms555

Oh cool, both of those are in the poll haha. I liked the max payne mission alot. It was very well designed, it was long and challenging, and playing to that Health soundtrack was very bada$$ lol. But the farcry 3 mission was cooler for me, i really dont know why but i had so much fun. And the skrillex song really MADE that level

The Airport scene just pumped me up so much, the weed field burning was just funny as hell hearing Jason talk while he was burning stuff.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 archvile_78

[QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

PhazonBlazer

I tried so many ways to get around the guards. I tried going on the boats, target got too far ahead. I tried assassinating a few guards while running, get locked into combat. I really don't see how it's possible!

Try this path

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ms555

[QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

PhazonBlazer

The problem with the ending is that u think its gonna finally wrap up the main story arch but instead the ending is a teaser for AC4. Most people probably didnt even think the main story arch had more games to go, we all thought ac3 was a finale. Turns out its not at all, the main story still has round 2 to go now. Ull see
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15561 Posts

ME3's Earth section is probably the worst section in that game actually. It's a complete slog. Probably could have posted the tuchanka section and I might be tempted to agree.

Also I'm not really sure what mission is supposed to mean, like a mission could be a level, or a quest, or the entirity of the game really.

Some of my favorites includeGW2's world bosses, and some of the dungeons (key being on "some" since the last one is pretty terrible.)

Pretty much everything in Mark of the Ninja as well, I thought the levels were all excellently designed. Even the platforming sections, where the quality takes a bit of a dip, are lots of fun.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ms555

[QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Ballroompirate

The Airport scene just pumped me up so much, the weed field burning was just funny as hell hearing Jason talk while he was burning stuff.

Exactly my same feelings. Max payne as a whole was a pretty intense bada$$ game, and that airport mission was an awesome finale. And yeah haha, i loved the parts where Jason is just having the time of his life and hes yelling "HELL YA THIS IS AWESOME!" as he blows up the whole field haha. It was hilarious.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PhazonBlazer

Oh yeah, the Palaven mission from Mass Effect 3 was pretty good also.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
A few stick in my mind as being particularly well done... such as Borderlands 2, when you first get to the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve. [spoiler] the game did a great job of setting up the suspense of looking for bloodwing for Mordicai, then when you get to the boss and fight her, hearing the desperation in his voice, take her down only to have Jack blow her up. I really empathized with Mordicai, and nothing before that had made me hate Jack on the level I did after that. I really need to get back to that game... [/spoiler] Kid Icarus Uprising, the assault on Medusa's palace. had an epic, endgame feeling and oozed 8-bit nostalgia with the boss rush. I was legitimately surprised that was only the first little chunk of the game. Some Assassin's Creed 3 missions were a mess (Lee chase was great, but gameplay wise it was broken as hell), but others were greatly done and gave you everything the game did well in the forefront. The PS3 exclusive West point missions,...[spoiler] or the rush to your village to stop a patriot attack [/spoiler] both stand out as those moments for me.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#24 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
i still havnt played the blops 2 campaign (only the first few levels) but im sure one of the missions will be fantastic...there is always at least 1 in every cod campaign ive played. But from what i HAVE played. I recently finished off the halo 4 campaign after other games replaced it (lol) I'd have to say one of the last missions where [spoiler] you are flying through the didacts ship, x-wing style. Its pretty much an on-rails affair..but i really dug the music which kicked in through that whole sequence. [/spoiler] I also enjoyed the last level of tales from space: mutant blobs attack , where you pretty much each everything and you grow huge and eat the solar system. yeee...i didnt really buy a lot of games that came out this year..most of my purchases were games from previous years except for the last 2 months. Worse game missions? God..it would have to be those 2 'bonus' missions from the lost expedition far cry 3... talk about awful
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
HALO 4 finaly mission
FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts

*skyrim dawnguard spoilers* (spoilers only applicable to xbox/pc since ps3/wii u will never get to play this. You can look from the outside-in as long as you keep the noise down and leave the real gamers to serious gaming :D)

j/k......sort of

Favorite: Exploring the Soul Cairn and meeting Jiub.

Worst: The then immediate buzzkill of collecting the 10 pages strewn all over the place to compile Jiub's epic book of how he rid the world of the most hated cliff racers.

One second my Morrowind nostalgia pants are going crazy only to be crushed in the next by this most lazy derpy derp derp of fetch quests.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

I have to agree with the Assassins Creed 3 suggestions. Some of the missions in that game were so unnecessarily frustrating.

FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts

I have to agree with the Assassins Creed 3 suggestions. Some of the missions in that game were so unnecessarily frustrating.

dommeus

The secondary mission objectives didn't make things any better either. Once I decided to ignore them, the game became much more enjoyable, but I feel bad for completionists out there. At least the naval aspect to the game made up for those infuriating moments (such as the moving evesdrop objectives and finally working out how to climb those darned eagle-eye-sync trees in the frontier).

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
My favorite mission was probably the weed burning mission is FC3. It was so good because it had no reason being in the game lol. I also loved that there are explosive barrels conveniently placed at each weed field and how when you stay in the smoke too long your vision gets all blurry.
drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#30 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts
Best: Airport shootout in Max Payne 3. The second Tears starts playing, the intensity of that moment is ramped up to 11. I also really liked the Imperial Palace Hotel mission as a whole. Worst would be any campaign level from Halo 4. The game overall is fine, but that campaign...yikes. It was just so dull.
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

havent played farcry 3 but with(skrillex music) i can tell that's bad

but i get the dishonored party is my fav and my least is the last mission on halo 4 was dull.then again aside the mp the campaign was dull

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

ME3 I think, it was a very powerful mission at the end. The actual end was crap but the build up was great. Where you could go talk to each member of your team like you were saying goodbye. Max Payne 3 was awesome too, when that music kicked in. But the end boss was awful. So forced and badly done.

SpiralSmile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SpiralSmile
Member since 2012 • 245 Posts

The weed burning stomps all of them

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

Best: Not sure... That weed burning in FC3 and the part were you get the wingsuit all of a sudden certainly were memorable, and some of the Hitman levels certainly are fun to mess around in, though nothing as good as some of the classic Hitman levels.

Worst: Hitman Absolution, the countdown level. Super foggy, but enemies still see through your disguise from 5 meters away when you can barely see them. [spoiler] Alert them and Dexter blows up the roof, incl. all his troops, Victoria and himself. All the enemies are aware of the countdown, since there's a big LED countdown on all the C4 they're setting up, but no one gives a crap. They gladly die for their boss. [/spoiler] Super linear and small, barely any hiding spots.

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

Airport shootout - Max Payne 3

Death Zone - SSX

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#36 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Reclaimer was my favourite mission, this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSNbzw78Jqo

megadeth1117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 megadeth1117
Member since 2010 • 1830 Posts

My favorite would be the Airport level in Max Payne 3 or the final Tuchanka mission of ME3.

Worst would be the final boss of Leon's campaign from Resident Evil 6. F**king torture.

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

Best:Halo 4 final mission. The music was amazing, hell, the entire level was near-god.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

Getting Miller through the onslaught of Amoebas.

Fvck Cliff Racers, Metro's Amoebas are now my most hated enemy in any video game ever made. They actually got me to leak a little bit of rage and nearly made me just turn off the game and never look back. Nearly...

EDIT: Also shout out to that "stealth" level as well. That was god awful. I don't know how anyone intends on getting past that without alerting a few guards.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ms555

The weed burning stomps all of them

SpiralSmile
I definitely loved it but i wouldnt say it STOMPS everything else. The max payne airport level was beyond awesome, and the mass effect 3 levels often reached a level of epicness games dont normally achieve
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
Mass Effect 2 Final Mission was Epic. And all the on rails missions in RE6 were a pain in the @ss. But the worst mission ever I would have nominate Final Agony XIII theres so many to chose from.
TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TrapJak
Member since 2011 • 2933 Posts

I'm sorry, how is the final mission of ME3 On this list? It's probrably the 3rd worst in the game.

Far Cry 3 for me.

kiddoom93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 kiddoom93
Member since 2006 • 838 Posts
Worst has to be they squad missions in black ops 2.
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ms555

I'm sorry, how is the final mission of ME3 On this list? It's probrably the 3rd worst in the game.

Far Cry 3 for me.

TrapJak
Why? Cus it was extremely epic thats why. It had a great emotional build up, it was difficult and dark and memorable.
drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#45 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts
I'm changing my "worst" vote to the avalanche Deadly Descent in SSX. The one level I played was incredibly frustrating and unfun.