What the fuck did CrapTek think they were doing? (RYSE)

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wasted_wlsdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By wasted_wlsdom
Member since 2013 • 153 Posts

10 points to anyone who can remember the caption I had for this gif in the hype thread.
10 points to anyone who can remember the caption I had for this gif in the hype thread.

I don't get it. How do you screw up such a potential title? I'M sorry. I got to take a really good look at the game when I was making the Ryse Hype thread and my God, I'm a Cow and I have to say that fcking game was beautiful and could have delivered. How the fuk did Crytek screw it up?

For one, how the fkc did you not know that the combat system looks like shit?

Did they not have a team of testers playing the game?

Did the programmers not play their freaking game while making it?

Such a great story and such interesting and well designed characters that could have excelled.

How did they not know the combat looks like crap?

Why did they just advertise and release the game like they didn't know what they were doing?

People in the forum and online knwe long before the game released that the combat and gameplay looks like utter shit just by looking at gifs and videos. How did Crytek not see this? How did they not realize it?

Honestly, it feels like they made the game bad on purpose. If you were out of time, just delay the fcking game for a few months instead of releasing shit and ruining a potentially good game.

Hopefully they can make an update that improves things and maybe the ratings can climb to like a 7 or 8 because that's the kinda' score the game could have potentially gotten.

I'm just really pissed. Wtf were they thinking? How could you not know your game plays like shit? Gamers knew before the game even released. Wtf???

And also why is Crytek so praised again? because besides graphics and technical specs, Crysis are pretty fcking average games. They really are. Everything else are just to distract from how average the games are.

Stick to the shooters next time, you fcking amateurs. In before the CRYing Hermits because CRYtek is being bashed.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Crytek haven't made a good game since Warhead.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

They still believe graphics could mask a crappy game.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@clyde46 said:

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

They still believe graphics could mask a crappy game.

exactly

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Craptek couldn't make a good game, even if they wanted too.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

There only goal was to make the best looking game on consoles.

If they weren't pushed for a launch release I'm sure they might have tried to not make it such a diaper stain.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@Sweenix said:

They made at least two. Way back in the day. When they weren't being pressured by mainstream success and launch windows.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Because it's Crytek..

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

Well for starters it was originally a throw away kinect game for the 360(all hand gesture controls).. Then they decided to switch to the xBone (surely Microsofts idea). So they had to slap on some last second controller gameplay. And it being a launch title they had to work on the xb0ne's timetable, not their own so they didn't exactly have time to design anything properly.. And even if they did, let's be real crytek makes crappy gameplay..

It's all a recipe for a crap game

wasted_wlsdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wasted_wlsdom

Hmmmm...unexpected. I was expecting to get flamed by hermits but seems everyone is on the same page...

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@wasted_wlsdom said:

Hmmmm...unexpected. I was expecting to get flamed by hermits but seems everyone is on the same page...

We're probably just tired of your shtick, and trying not to engage. I know I am.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

i hate alt accounts so much

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@the_bi99man: plus the fact that crytek went to shit after warhead

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Crytek got paid to make a Kinect game. Kinect sucks so they showed what they did to MS so far and they went "OK, we can still do something with this." So they bolted on proper controls and pushed it out as "the next big transmedia IP" while covering up the shit gameplay with story trailers.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Because crytek, after warhead, did the only thing they know how to do: Make tech demos

Muffin2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Muffin2020
Member since 2013 • 534 Posts

It was not made to be played and enjoyed as a game. It's was made to advertise for the Cryotech engine to other developers.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

@wis3boi said:

Because crytek, after warhead, did the only thing they know how to do: Make tech demos

Crytek, after Warhead, began making console games

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@treedoor said:

@wis3boi said:

Crytek, after Warhead, began making console games

that too had a hand in it

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Crytek seriously went way down in terms of gameplay.

The setting is a fascinating one, the visuals are beautiful, and the premise and story are meant to be good too, a normal Dev would have at least made an average game from that, if not a good one, but Crytek no longer know what gameplay is since warhead

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Graphics looks super cool

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

There's no real reason why Ryse is bad. Crytek are just terrible developers. They can't help it... they just are. There was nothing they could've done to make Ryse a better game other than handing it over to a dev team that actually has talent.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Crytek haven't made a good game

fixed

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts
@the_bi99man said:

@Sweenix said:

They made at least two. Way back in the day. When they weren't being pressured by mainstream success and launch windows.

Three to be precise. Far Cry, Crysis and Crysis: Warhead but back then the company was headed by a passionate gamer, now Crytek is controlled by the greedy executive Cevat.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Well, it's not like we didn't see this coming right ?

Joke's on the people that actually bought it I guess.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@walloftruth said:

@zeeshanhaider said:
@the_bi99man said:

@Sweenix said:

Three to be precise. Far Cry, Crysis and Crysis: Warhead but back then the company was headed by a passionate gamer, now Crytek is controlled by the greedy executive Cevat.

Far Cry 1 was amazing, Crysis 1 was even better than Far Cry and Crysis Warhead was the best game they ever made IMO, then they started going for console children and Crysis 2 happened, then Crysis 3 happened which was even worse than Crysis 2, and just when you thought they couldn't possibly make a worse game, RYSE happened. :/

And now they have a mobile game coming.(facepalm) Won't surprise me if their sixth project is a Facebook game.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

@walloftruth said:

@zeeshanhaider said:
@the_bi99man said:

@Sweenix said:

Far Cry 1 was amazing, Crysis 1 was even better than Far Cry and Crysis Warhead was the best game they ever made IMO, then they started going for console children and Crysis 2 happened, then Crysis 3 happened which was even worse than Crysis 2, and just when you thought they couldn't possibly make a worse game, RYSE happened. :/

Let's be honest... Crysis 1 + Warhead weren't anything to write home about gameplay/storywise. They were overhyped because the graphics were so amazing at the time(personally I think they still look better than Crysis 2 + Crysis 3 and run WAY better than them as well) but the gunplay was mediocre at best, the story was awful, the characters were all generic with cheesy voice acting, the AI was some of the worst I've ever seen, etc.

Honestly the most fun I had in that game was punching animals with maximum strength turned on, shooting trees down, knocking down huts with frags, swimming away from sharks, etc. Playing through the campaign felt like a complete chore more than anything. I just wanted to go around the island and f*** around(luckily I got my wish when Far Cry 3 eventually came our way and was everything Crysis 1 should've been and way more when it came to sandbox island exploration).

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Crysis 2 is a better game than Warhead.

ohgeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ohgeez
Member since 2011 • 919 Posts

Personally, I think that crytek knew the game was meh. It was originally a kinect game and got recoded quickly for the xbox one launch as a non-kinect game. Who knows when exactly that happened but I bet that not much changed from its days as a 360 game aside from the graphics. It was meant to be a graphics showcase, nothing more.

The simplicity of the potential kinect controls really shows and the only thing keeping it from being one is the fact that its not on-rails.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#32 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Why all the bad language?

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#33  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Crysis and Warhead are awesome games, but that's about where it ends for Crytek. They're more of a tech developer than anything else.

wasted_wlsdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By wasted_wlsdom

@the_bi99man said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

We're probably just tired of your shtick, and trying not to engage. I know I am.

Lmao if you're tired it's your fault. Finally wore your self out I guess...If a toddler wants to play around all night instead of going to sleep just let him...he'll eventually tire himself out.... /thread

oh wait this is my thread

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Indeedy!

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

man F*&^ the HIVE and the CERZ this game is good best game at launch besides KI don't care what the reviewers say

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Did you not know this game was previously meant to be a Kinect game? It was destined to suck.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

This game looked bad since its first announcement for 360... The game was created for people to see that they're not just buying a 360 2.0 for $500 which they failed at because of how linear the title is AND can't even run is a proper resolution.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

Im not a Crytek fan at all, but I can understand how this game went wrong. They started development on a different console, then changed to development to an unannounced console with specs that probably changed every 3 months. Developing a game for new gen hardware is hard enough. It's even harder when a company has to switch gears, and likely resources, to scrap their whole gameplay idea (Kinect) in favor of a new format. Its like they have developed 2 different games against 2.5 consoles. And I haven't even mentioned the launch deadline. Changing a project midstream can devastate a projects budget. Sometimes you have to cut your losses and get the product to market, even if its not perfect. The project had to be a management nightmare. This is the reason why I wouldn't doubt a Ryse 2.

Ryse is like every other well known project that has gone through lots of iterations. This should be a warning for Team Ico to take their time and do Last Guardian right. If the game is good, Sony should step in and supply them with extra funding if needed. Otherwise it will probably have the same fate.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

Calm down, if you knew Crytek, you would understand that they can't make good games, lol.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Think about it. First it was a 360 kinect game, then it was an XB1 kinect game, then it was rebranded and retooled for the controller, then it was a XB1 QTE mess, and finally landed on being a ultra cinematic shallow hack & slash with a side order of Jank.

I had my eye on it for a while because I love specific period set games(assassin's creed, GodOW etc), but it never really had spark. It just ended up being a poor gamer's GoOW which was disappointing. Hopefully the XB1 can convince me with Quantum Break as I also love third person style games.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

When it was originally supposed to be a Kinect(lol) game it was doomed.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#43 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

After Crysis 3, one can have no reasonable expectation that Crytek will release a good game

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Yup.

Also it didn't help that they ignored all the negative criticism from both gamer's and the press and just shit the title out anyway. Removing Button prompts on the screen doesn't mean the QTE based game play is gone, it's just hidden better. Unfortunately for them the moment you watch more than a few minutes of game play or god forbid actually force yourself to play this garbage, it just falls apart.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

Crytek tried so hard but failed to compete with the God of War, Kratos

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@clyde46 said:

I thought Warhead was pretty crummy.. The campaign was 5 hours long, and they messed around with the multiplayer (which a patch could have done) all for $30..

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Thunder7151
Member since 2013 • 456 Posts

Ryse > All PS4 exclusive launch titles

end /thread

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

They were thinking consoles.

Crysis1 = PC only in mind = 9.5 (PC Cleansed)

Crysis 2 = PC + Console in mind = 8.5 (Console Infection)

Crysis 3 = Console in mind = 7.5 (Console Cancer)

Ryse = CONSOLE ONLY in mind = 4.0 (Console Death)

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@Thunder7151 said:

Ryse > All PS4 exclusive launch titles

end /thread

Yeah it's not....

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

Crytek lost it after Crysis,and Warhead.