What THE 1 New Thing in a Sequel That Takes it Up a Notch??????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hoankiemdinh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 hoankiemdinh
Member since 2004 • 685 Posts

What I mean is seomthing such as FFXII had a totally new battling system, it was refreshing. Another example is in Zelda TP, riding horses and battling at the same time. So what game sequel did something new that WOWed you?

-For me it has to be Halo 3. I was skeptical at first at the equipment items, but the Bubble Shield, Grav Lift, Energy Drainer totally changed the gmaeplay for me. Getting a double kill and suddenly getting shot up and activate the Bubble shield and now you have an equal chance of getting that guy shooting at you. The force field also takes it up a bit. Seeing you enemy face to face is so thrilling and seeing who makes the first move first. I really appreciate all these things they did. 

-Reggaeton-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 -Reggaeton-
Member since 2007 • 2392 Posts
Flop
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts

Metroid Prime 3 and Mass Effect are the greatest examples of this.

Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lilac_Benjie
[QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]

Metroid Prime 3 and Mass Effect are the greatest examples of this.white_sox

Explain, please.

I'm glad that you asked.

KotOR scoped five planets. Dantooine, Taris, Tatooine, Korriban, Manaan, Kashyyk, and Rakata Prime. Mass effect scopes hundreds of star systems.

Metroid Prime took first person shooting to a new level in the same way that Super Metroid took platform gaming to a new level; by incorporating a non-linear exploration component.
Corruption allows you to throw your grapple beam into the environment as a weapon, to interact with the environment, or to pull defencive armour from enemies. You interact with the environment in the most hands-on way ever created in a videogame.

Both games truly expand. 

sensesxfail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sensesxfail
Member since 2006 • 653 Posts

Good post TC.

i have to say Super Smash Bros brought a new way to play fighting games. and i agree with the guy who said metroid prime as well.

Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts
[QUOTE="white_sox"][QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]

Metroid Prime 3 and Mass Effect are the greatest examples of this.Lilac_Benjie

Explain, please.

I'm glad that you asked.

KotOR scoped five planets. Dantooine, Taris, Tatooine, Korriban, Manaan, Kashyyk, and Rakata Prime. Mass effect scopes hundreds of star systems.

Metroid Prime took first person shooting to a new level in the same way that Super Metroid took platform gaming to a new level; by incorporating a non-linear exploration component.
Corruption allows you to throw your grapple beam into the environment as a weapon, to interact with the environment, or to pull defencive armour from enemies. You interact with the environment in the most hands-on way ever created in a videogame.

Both games truly expand.

Well I wouldnt really say that Mass effect apply's to what hes talking about since its not a sequel but yeah it is sorta a spiritual successor of KOTOR. 

hoankiemdinh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hoankiemdinh
Member since 2004 • 685 Posts
Thank You. But I thought that Mario is a good example. He always find a way to re-invent himslef. Going from 2d and into 3D and into Paper.. I enjoy that little stuff the developers do to him.
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lilac_Benjie

Well I wouldnt really say that Mass effect apply's to what hes talking about since its not a sequel but yeah it is sorta a spiritual successor of KOTOR. justforlotr2004

I am an unashamed Bioware fanboy, and I tend to follow them around a bit.

I cannot wait for the Bioware RPG on the Nintendo DS, Mass Effect, or Dragon Age. I still play Neverwinter Nights and Baldurs Gate 2: Shadows of Amn cooperatively to this day.

Avatar image for SpecialForcesOp
SpecialForcesOp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SpecialForcesOp
Member since 2007 • 1043 Posts
Graphics........ can't say the same for Forza 2 or Halo 3....... though.
skixwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 skixwolf
Member since 2004 • 4013 Posts
Graphics........ can't say the same for Forza 2 or Halo 3....... though. SpecialForcesOp

Yes you can for Halo 3, you havent played it and cant judge on screens and movie clips alone, however for forza you are right, its a disgrace
XxHeliosxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 XxHeliosxX
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts
[QUOTE="white_sox"][QUOTE="Lilac_Benjie"]

Metroid Prime 3 and Mass Effect are the greatest examples of this.Lilac_Benjie

Explain, please.

I'm glad that you asked.

Both games truly expand.

I couldn't have said it better myself KotOR was a great game but Mass Effects scope blows my mind at the moment,

Metroid was a great FPS made even better with interactive environments.

Halo 2's multiplayer was fantastic (I lost many hours of sleep and still do) and 3 looks to improve upon it but right now Im

really enjoying Resistance Fall of Man I think the multiplayer is great and the weapons are innovative and fun to use. 

braydee1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 braydee1234
Member since 2004 • 2937 Posts
Evolution will always be better than revolution. Adding to the gameplay rather than reshaping it is the best way to move forward.