What should we call us old school gamers? **Now with Poll**

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

User Lists: 0

#51 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

I like Dragons.

Davis092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Davis092
Member since 2006 • 1449 Posts
Fish. as in a "school" of fish.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
The OG's of gaming!!!
Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 Shadow_op
Member since 2006 • 4566 Posts
Ents.Dekuxutu
:lol: too bad we didn't put that in the poll :lol:
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts

[QUOTE="Shadow_op"][QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]Why do you need a special name at all? I started gaming 11 years ago renting games for the Super Nintendo at the age of 5. I'm a gamer, not an elder, sage, or anything.fatzombiepigeon

we're talknig about an Elder Gamer or a Sage Gamer....you don't have to be 60 years old to qualify as an old-school gamer.

Yes, but why do you need a special name? You played games on the Nintendo and the Super Nintendo. Great times, but I don't see how it warrants getting a special name.

Hmm isn't this a joke thread? Ok....... well......... Even if it isn't, who cares? People are having fun with it it seems. Let people call themselves in System Wars whatever they want, its not like the world is going to end because of it.
Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts
[QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]

[QUOTE="Shadow_op"][QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]Why do you need a special name at all? I started gaming 11 years ago renting games for the Super Nintendo at the age of 5. I'm a gamer, not an elder, sage, or anything.Shadow_op

we're talknig about an Elder Gamer or a Sage Gamer....you don't have to be 60 years old to qualify as an old-school gamer.

Yes, but why do you need a special name? You played games on the Nintendo and the Super Nintendo. Great times, but I don't see how it warrants getting a special name.

It's like lemming or cow....why do we call them that? Cuz it's convenient, instead of saying "Microsoft Corporation Supporter" same with this new name for old-schoolers.

What's so convenient about seperating yourself from other gamers with yet another "breed"? That would make things less convenient in my opinion. But hey, to each his own.

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts
Ents.Dekuxutu

:lol:
WTA2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#58 WTA2k5
Member since 2005 • 3999 Posts
elders is pretty good
Tony_aaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Tony_aaaa
Member since 2007 • 475 Posts
This thread brings back some good memories---Ninja Gaiden, Ghouls + Ghosts, all the stuff by Treasure. You're right, games were MUCH harder. --Heck nowadays almost every game, besides being much easier, has cheat codes for gods sake! We actually had to be THAT good to win.--Wow, I sound like my grandfather.
kukukuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 kukukuk
Member since 2005 • 2406 Posts
if your going to make a name, define Old School Gamers in your first post.
achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts
What would you be if you started gaming on the nes and turbo grfx
Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Shadow_op
[QUOTE="Shadow_op"][QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]

[QUOTE="Shadow_op"][QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]Why do you need a special name at all? I started gaming 11 years ago renting games for the Super Nintendo at the age of 5. I'm a gamer, not an elder, sage, or anything.fatzombiepigeon

It's like lemming or cow....why do we call them that? Cuz it's convenient, instead of saying "Microsoft Corporation Supporter" same with this new name for old-schoolers.

What's so convenient about seperating yourself from other gamers with yet another "breed"? That would make things less convenient in my opinion. But hey, to each his own.

what would you rather write? Microsoft Supporter? or Lemming? Thought so...
MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#64 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts
Replace Orchistrators with something because no one is going for it.
Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Gears360
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts
This thread brings back some good memories---Ninja Gaiden, Ghouls + Ghosts, all the stuff by Treasure. You're right, games were MUCH harder. --Heck nowadays almost every game, besides being much easier, has cheat codes for gods sake! We actually had to be THAT good to win.--Wow, I sound like my grandfather. Tony_aaaa
very true nowadays everything is easier and there's a ton of cheat codes and walkthroughs, sites like Gamefaqs.com were unthinkable in the eighties it was just you vs the game, nothing more
Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts
[QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"][QUOTE="Shadow_op"][QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]

[QUOTE="Shadow_op"][QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]Why do you need a special name at all? I started gaming 11 years ago renting games for the Super Nintendo at the age of 5. I'm a gamer, not an elder, sage, or anything.Shadow_op

Wasn't the point of my question. My point is, making another breed when there is no need to make that breed would not be convenient. MS fanboy works fine too, but that is beside the point. Whatever, I'm sorry I ticked you off and messed up your topic.

Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Shadow_op
[QUOTE="Shadow_op"][QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"][QUOTE="Shadow_op"][QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]

Wasn't the point of my question. My point is, making another breed when there is no need to make that breed would not be convenient. MS fanboy works fine too, but that is beside the point. Whatever, I'm sorry I ticked you off and messed up your topic.

ohh im in a bad mood today, but it's getting better as im downloading the Supreme Commander demo. My bad :cry:
Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Shadow_op
Can't add sages (-_^) sorry :(
Tony_aaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Tony_aaaa
Member since 2007 • 475 Posts

[QUOTE="Tony_aaaa"]This thread brings back some good memories---Ninja Gaiden, Ghouls + Ghosts, all the stuff by Treasure. You're right, games were MUCH harder. --Heck nowadays almost every game, besides being much easier, has cheat codes for gods sake! We actually had to be THAT good to win.--Wow, I sound like my grandfather. roulettethedog

Or we had to sit for 5-6 hours to play games like Fester's quest or the original Castlevania because there are no save points in those old games.

Totally true!! I can remember almost getting freaking arthritis as a grade schooler from some of those. --Remember the old NES games that didn't even pause!? Or how the origial Metroid's save code was like 100 character long and most of the time, we'd just say "screw it" and beat it in 1 sitting.
Sir_Marwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Sir_Marwin
Member since 2006 • 9734 Posts

Dragons sounds kool :D

Thul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Thul
Member since 2007 • 381 Posts
You should make a second round with "Sage", "Ents", "Gods", etc. And then the final round between the winners.
amcallister902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 amcallister902
Member since 2006 • 1339 Posts
tut. stupd elders. stop flaming u stupid elder! elder logic. tsk tsk tsk yep works great!
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
dwellers of their parents basements
-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74 -Sir-Poof-
Member since 2006 • 4544 Posts
[QUOTE="Shadow_op"][QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"][QUOTE="Shadow_op"][QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]

There is no point.