What's the official verdict on Dark Souls II?

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Dark souls > Demon's souls > Dark souls 2

So I thinks it's the weakest game in the series.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@cfisher2833 said:

@robokill said:

objectively it's pretty bad. Massive slowdown, unresponsive controls, horrendous multiplayer, terrible loading times, lazy uninspired boss battles, ridiculously bad character build system that nullifies strength, dexterity and quality builds. The game is simply not very good and the rose colored glasses everyone has confuses the issue, it's just not a very fun game. I probably won't buy their next iteration

Don't blame the game because you decided to buy the potato version.

hahah this. Its really hard to believe people are playing the console versions, game looks like something released in mid 2004 on ps2 lol. On thread, the game is amazing. I can't even tell which Souls is the best cuz they're all extremely high quality. I feel like the exploration is the best of the series in DkS2. The only thing i dislike in dark souls 2 is the amount of bonefires... it feels like they're everywhere now (compared to the original at least). In demon's souls there was none so if you die you have to restart the whole thing. in dark souls they added bonefires but they were scarce enough to make the game challenging but now they're on every corner.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15559 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:

No its a lot better than the first game.

Sure, the first game has more memorable boss fights, however, Dark Souls II doesn't have the stinkers like the first game did....I am looking at Bed of Chaos or Capra Demon.

The level design in Dark Souls II is much better....please tell me how Lost Izalith was good level design? the Iron Keep is so much better. Hell, the only area that isn't great is the Gutter/Black Gulch. Dragon Aerie is awesome.

As a whole and cohesive world, Dark Souls 2 is far weaker and a large part of that comes from the level design.

There are no shortcuts to return to old locations, no pathways that loop around, or multiple hub areas to revisit; things that made exploration that much more interesting and meaningful, without just throwing loot at you. You don't feel the relief and satisfaction of accidentally wandering back around to Firelink Shrine.

The world design also regularly leaves a lot to be desired. There is frequently no logic to how the levels are tied together. Why, for example, is there an elevator at the very top of Earthen Peak, that goes UP, to a place that simply could not exist when you look at Earthen Peak from the outside. Why, for example, do FOTFG and Heide's look like they're miles away in Majula, but they're about a 5 minute walk from the bonfire? How is it you can't see the pillars of stone before Dragon Aerie from anywhere else but that single location, when they are higher than the clouds? I've actually heard most of Doors of Pharros and the Castle are overlapping based on their locations if you drew the whole map at once, which seems pretty sloppy.

Linear level design also allows less flexibility for players desiring harder challenges earlier. No matter what, you always start in Majula and go down 1 of 4 paths, two or 3 of which you have to unlock through various means. It was great in Dark Souls that you could skip large chunks of the game if you wanted and knew how, and move to really difficult sections, like what you have to do to join the Darkwraiths. Even if you go through Undead Burg you can skip to the Forest and beyond well before it is clearly intended.

Also sometimes bonfires just feel too close together or poorly placed. That's a minor complaint but it can be really annoying when you stand up and immediately get attacked because enemies spawn two feet from when you sit down (looking at you Sinner's Rise.)

I actually love Dark Souls 2, possibly more than 1 for various reasons, but level design is definitely one of it's weakest aspects when comparing to the first. 1 feels like they took some super amazing levels, and carefully put them together in order. 2 feels like they took some super amazing levels, and dumped them on the floor to duct tape them together.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@cfisher2833 said:

@robokill said:

objectively it's pretty bad. Massive slowdown, unresponsive controls, horrendous multiplayer, terrible loading times, lazy uninspired boss battles, ridiculously bad character build system that nullifies strength, dexterity and quality builds. The game is simply not very good and the rose colored glasses everyone has confuses the issue, it's just not a very fun game. I probably won't buy their next iteration

hahah this. Its really hard to believe people are playing the console versions, game looks like something released in mid 2004 on ps2 lol. On thread, the game is amazing. I can't even tell which Souls is the best cuz they're all extremely high quality. I feel like the exploration is the best of the series in DkS2. The only thing i dislike in dark souls 2 is the amount of bonefires... it feels like they're everywhere now (compared to the original at least). In demon's souls there was none so if you die you have to restart the whole thing. in dark souls they added bonefires but they were scarce enough to make the game challenging but now they're on every corner.

Yeah, the bonfires are more frequent. At the same time, they're always positioned in intelligent ways, unlike the original Dark Souls where you'd get quite a few bonfires located in idiotic locations that you'd pretty much never find without help (ie the bonfire before the Iron Golem and the one before Queelag). The bonfires aren't so frequent that you don't need to usually bring two weapons as well; I very often found my main weapon degrading before I could make it to the bonfire. But I will admit they're more frequent. I don't think the game is necessarily easier though as a result. The fact that you can't block all of the attacks has made it quite a bit harder for me at least. In Dark Souls, once you get the Eagle Shield and buff it up a bit, the game becomes a cake walk because you can 100% block all physical attacks while barely using any stamina. In DS2, even if you have a 100% physical block shield with high stability, there's still enemies that can **** you up (in melee mind you, not magic).

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

The frequent bonfires, while convenient, just make it more noticeable that the areas are much smaller. Iron keep is like 3 rooms. Heide's is just a T. Kind of sad.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 silversix_

@cfisher2833 said:

@silversix_ said:

@cfisher2833 said:

@robokill said:

Yeah, the bonfires are more frequent. At the same time, they're always positioned in intelligent ways, unlike the original Dark Souls where you'd get quite a few bonfires located in idiotic locations that you'd pretty much never find without help (ie the bonfire before the Iron Golem and the one before Queelag). The bonfires aren't so frequent that you don't need to usually bring two weapons as well; I very often found my main weapon degrading before I could make it to the bonfire. But I will admit they're more frequent. I don't think the game is necessarily easier though as a result. The fact that you can't block all of the attacks has made it quite a bit harder for me at least. In Dark Souls, once you get the Eagle Shield and buff it up a bit, the game becomes a cake walk because you can 100% block all physical attacks while barely using any stamina. In DS2, even if you have a 100% physical block shield with high stability, there's still enemies that can **** you up (in melee mind you, not magic).

I never bother blocking and that's since Demon's Souls. Two hand every weapon and dodge what needs to be blocked. I just want a freaking decent weapon already-.- making a dex build and the best 'garbage' i have is a +3 fire longsword (im level 33). Where is mah Uchi's!?!

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

It's good but not on the same level as Demons/ Darksouls.

Still better than 90% of the other crap that floods this industry.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@cfisher2833 said:

@silversix_ said:

@cfisher2833 said:

@robokill said:

I never bother blocking and that's since Demon's Souls. Two hand every weapon and dodge what needs to be blocked. I just want a freaking decent weapon already-.- making a dex build and the best 'garbage' i have is a +3 fire longsword (im level 33). Where is mah Uchi's!?!

Yeah, the fire longsword was shit. I don't know why all the guides recommend it. The Heide's Sword you get off that Heide Knight by the tree is far better. It might be a while before you get a katana. I personally ended up using the Magic Mace as my final weapon. It has a B scaling in both strength and Intellect, and an E scaling in Dex. If you're gonna use a sword though, I'd recommend putting more in Str. than Dex.; Dex. is more useful if you're using a spear, whereas most of the swords scale with Str.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Vaasman

Fire sword has cheap stat requirements and doesn't need faith to be viable. Also it has a decent move set so it is easy to use. It seems mostly for classes and builds that won't get a better weapon early. If you're a knight or swordsman you can skip it otherwise it's probably worth it. First play through as a sorcerer all magic build, fire longsword was my melee weapon of choice for most of the game.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60702 Posts

It's a good game that made improvements over the first Dark souls game

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

Overall, I really enjoyed it, but it's not as good as Demon's/Dark Souls.

The MP in particular just wasn't done very well. The rat and bell keeper covenants are OP as ****, the way of blue and blue sentinel relationship doesn't really work, invading as a blue sentinel doesn't work too well, etc.

and some of the bosses in NG+ become nearly impossible to solo (Flexile Sentry, Lost Sinner)

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#62 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@clr84651: As far as completing the story goes, I disagree. going through the main game, doing only what's needed to "clear" the narrative was actually easier than DS1. I only had to use a guide once during my entire play through of DSII. I had to use one several times in the first game.

Although as far as the King Vendrick side quest goes... I agree with you. No idea how the **** you're supposed to know that.

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 mbrockway

@Vaasman said:

Fire sword has cheap stat requirements and doesn't need faith to be viable. Also it has a decent move set so it is easy to use. It seems mostly for classes and builds that won't get a better weapon early. If you're a knight or swordsman you can skip it otherwise it's probably worth it. First play through as a sorcerer all magic build, fire longsword was my melee weapon of choice for most of the game.

Its really the only early magic weapon for Int builds. Heide sword doesn't scale as well for sorcerers. It really shines for a hex mage since it gets boosted by faith and int. I didn't find anything to replace it until I got the (wonderful) magic mace in Hunter's. I still haven't seen a single faintstone drop to make my own magic weapon. Enchanted is just stupid. I bet I'll get the moonlight greatsword before I get a faintstone. Haven't seen any katanas either. Dropbox is filled with long swords though.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Vaasman

@mbrockway said:

@Vaasman said:

Its really the only early magic weapon for Int builds. Heide sword doesn't scale as well for sorcerers. It really shines for a hex mage since it gets boosted by faith and int. I didn't find anything to replace it until I got the (wonderful) magic mace in Hunter's. I still haven't seen a single faintstone drop to make my own magic weapon. Enchanted is just stupid. I bet I'll get the moonlight greatsword before I get a faintstone. Haven't seen any katanas either. Dropbox is filled with long swords though.

If you go to Things Betwixt and gives the crows smooth & silky stones, they will give you random drops and one of them can be faintstones. I end up with a shit ton of S & S stones so it's a decent way to waste some.

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By mbrockway

@Vaasman: I dropped off the petrified thing and smooth and silky stone from the start and got 2 demon great axes. Went back later and just got a bunch of life gems. Haven't had great luck with them.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

Good, not great. Probably the weakest in the series.

Just nothing memorable about it.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@turtlethetaffer said:

@clr84651: As far as completing the story goes, I disagree. going through the main game, doing only what's needed to "clear" the narrative was actually easier than DS1. I only had to use a guide once during my entire play through of DSII. I had to use one several times in the first game.

Although as far as the King Vendrick side quest goes... I agree with you. No idea how the **** you're supposed to know that.

How does someone know to completely exhaust all talk with the lady where you kill the Dragon Rider & then go to that turning contraption and she will be there to turn it and open the passage?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@chessmaster1989 said:

It's a great game but the weakest in the series. I think it's time for the series to end unless they start changing things up.

I'd disagree but to each their own. I blame the rose tinted glasses. It does depend on if you play it for PvP or PvE as well. Its been out for a couple of months and will be patched due to some imbalances (IMO at least). The same applied to both of the prior games. Mechanically wise I'd say its objectively better than both prior games. People tend to ignore the flaws of the past games while they complain about the flaws in DS2.

Basically if you loved the first two though, get the game. There's parts about all three that I love the most and complain about the most.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#69 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Better than Dark Souls not as good as Demon's Souls is the official word.

Dark Souls is better than Demon's.

I have no idea how anyone with any sense of taste and quality could say Demon's is a better game.

You know how? When they actually have a PS3 and have actually played it. LOL silly nub. Did you forget you have your games collection up which includes not a single PS3 game? You're a fuckin' bum and you and all the bum ass lemmings and Hermits who actually think Dark is better then Demon's obviously think that because one of those games they don't have access to.

Check my PSN: Zeviander

I've played Demon's Souls and have about 250 hours in Dark Souls (I don't think PSN tracks time though).

I have almost as many PS3 games on my shelf as 360 games. Most of them I have either played and forgotten about after an hour. Or have played all the way through and have forgotten about (Uncharted 2 being a fine example). Very few PS3 games have I played to completion, and nearly all that I have are multiplats. Even ones like Red Dead Redemption, which I played all the way through on 360 as well.

I haven't updated my GS game collection for almost three years now. I got a PS3 in January 2012. If you'd like, I can waste my time updating the awful list (there is a reason I stopped using it).

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#70  Edited By jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

There is no official word but when a sequel to a masterpiece gets mixed reviews and not hands down bad reviews, you know it managed to live up to its standards. There will always be people who prefer this or prefer that. When Dark Souls first came out, there were about the same percentage of people who much preferred Demon's Souls over Dark Souls. So naturally, you'd have to be a fool to think that there wouldn't be similar case when Dark Souls 2 came out, and moreover, there are more Souls games to compare to, meaning that there'll be more split opinions.

Bottom line, split opinions among Souls players is expected. But as long as there are as many people who think it's better as those who think it isn't, things are generally looking good for the game.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#71 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@clr84651: Ech. That's true. I think a friend of mine told me about that.

To be fair, the first one also had some pretty obtuse objectives.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

It's a good game that makes some improvements to the Souls gameplay, but has some new problems of its own and also lacks a lot of the atmosphere and creativity of previous games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#73  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Actually, according to GS they are equal, and according to Metacritic DS2 is a better game than Demon's Souls

Acording to meta DS2 is better than DS1 aswell but from what I hear from many Souls veterans is that DS1 > DS2

But idk, I havent played DS2 yet

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#74  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14889 Posts

@Vaasman said:

@texasgoldrush said:

Sure, the first game has more memorable boss fights, however, Dark Souls II doesn't have the stinkers like the first game did....I am looking at Bed of Chaos or Capra Demon.

The level design in Dark Souls II is much better....please tell me how Lost Izalith was good level design? the Iron Keep is so much better. Hell, the only area that isn't great is the Gutter/Black Gulch. Dragon Aerie is awesome.

As a whole and cohesive world, Dark Souls 2 is far weaker and a large part of that comes from the level design.

There are no shortcuts to return to old locations, no pathways that loop around, or multiple hub areas to revisit; things that made exploration that much more interesting and meaningful, without just throwing loot at you. You don't feel the relief and satisfaction of accidentally wandering back around to Firelink Shrine.

The world design also regularly leaves a lot to be desired. There is frequently no logic to how the levels are tied together. Why, for example, is there an elevator at the very top of Earthen Peak, that goes UP, to a place that simply could not exist when you look at Earthen Peak from the outside. Why, for example, do FOTFG and Heide's look like they're miles away in Majula, but they're about a 5 minute walk from the bonfire? How is it you can't see the pillars of stone before Dragon Aerie from anywhere else but that single location, when they are higher than the clouds? I've actually heard most of Doors of Pharros and the Castle are overlapping based on their locations if you drew the whole map at once, which seems pretty sloppy.

Linear level design also allows less flexibility for players desiring harder challenges earlier. No matter what, you always start in Majula and go down 1 of 4 paths, two or 3 of which you have to unlock through various means. It was great in Dark Souls that you could skip large chunks of the game if you wanted and knew how, and move to really difficult sections, like what you have to do to join the Darkwraiths. Even if you go through Undead Burg you can skip to the Forest and beyond well before it is clearly intended.

Also sometimes bonfires just feel too close together or poorly placed. That's a minor complaint but it can be really annoying when you stand up and immediately get attacked because enemies spawn two feet from when you sit down (looking at you Sinner's Rise.)

I actually love Dark Souls 2, possibly more than 1 for various reasons, but level design is definitely one of it's weakest aspects when comparing to the first. 1 feels like they took some super amazing levels, and carefully put them together in order. 2 feels like they took some super amazing levels, and dumped them on the floor to duct tape them together.

No, the level design is better in 2, Why?

Because the areas have more personality to them, they have better logic to them when it comes to traps and features. There is a better horror element. There is also no poorly designed areas like the sniper part in Anor Londo or Lost Izalith, nevermind Blighttown, which you are forced to be poisioned.

Also Dark Souls 1 takes place around a city, 2 takes place around a country. They follow different rules. You cannot see features from one area to another like you can in the first game. so while the interconnectedness is better in the first game, the ACTUAL level design of the areas is better in the sequel.

Nevermind Dark Souls 2 is by far a better written game.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 silversix_

@texasgoldrush said:

@Vaasman said:

@texasgoldrush said:

Because the areas have more personality to them, they have better logic to them when it comes to traps and features. There is a better horror element. There is also no poorly designed areas like the sniper part in Anor Londo or Lost Izalith, nevermind Blighttown, which you are forced to be poisioned.

Also Dark Souls 1 takes place around a city, 2 takes place around a country. They follow different rules. You cannot see features from one area to another like you can in the first game. so while the interconnectedness is better in the first game, the ACTUAL level design of the areas is better in the sequel.

This. Explorations is nigh n day better in dark souls 2, like not even comparable.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Vaasman

@silversix_ said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Vaasman said:

@texasgoldrush said:

This. Explorations is nigh n day better in dark souls 2, like not even comparable.

Painted World of Ariamus says nope. Ash Lake says nope. Lost Izalith Pyromancy shortcut says na. Darkwraiths says lol come on with that. There aint shit to find in Dark Souls 2, all the optional content is nearly literally as easy to find as turning right at the fork in the road instead of left. Belfry towers are as easy as having a lockstone. Secret doors don't hide anything substantial either, not one, the best items and weapons are bought or hiding in plain sight. Rat king is basically standing in the way like "COME TO ME LOL."

Stop encouraging TGR to be a dumbass, that post doesn't even attempt a rebuttal for a single thing I mentioned. It's completely inane.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 silversix_

@Vaasman said:

@silversix_ said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Vaasman said:

@texasgoldrush said:

Painted World of Ariamus says nope. Ash Lake says nope. Lost Izalith Pyromancy shortcut says na. Darkwraiths says lol come on with that. There aint shit to find in Dark Souls 2, all the optional content is nearly literally as easy to find as turning right at the fork in the road instead of left. Belfry towers are as easy as having a lockstone. Secret doors don't hide anything substantial either, not one, the best items and weapons are bought or hiding in plain sight. Rat king is basically standing in the way like "COME TO ME LOL."

Stop encouraging TGR to be a dumbass, that post doesn't even attempt a rebuttal for a single thing I mentioned. It's completely inane.

agree on painted world and ash lake. disagree on everything else. DkS2 is a significant improvement in everything but the dumb SL memory and hit boxes.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#78 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Level design is lacking in comparison with Dark Souls (then again, DS had some of the greatest level design in modern history) and the bosses feel either A) less challenging or B) less varied. I think it's more of the latter but there are still some standouts that will definitely come to mind when I think of great boss fights.

Still, nothing beats the Artorias of the Abyss DLC. All three of those boss fights were phenomenal.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#79  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@silversix_ said:

agree on painted world and ash lake. disagree on everything else. DkS2 is a significant improvement in everything but the dumb SL memory and hit boxes.

Anor Londo and Sen's Funhouse? Haven't come across an area in DaS2 that's better than those two

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Vaasman

@princeofshapeir said:

@silversix_ said:

Anor Londo and Sen's Funhouse? Haven't come across an area in DaS2 that's better than those two

Don't forget the Crystal Cave. Seath's a pushover but damn that area is pretty.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#81  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@Vaasman said:

@princeofshapeir said:

@silversix_ said:

Crystal Cave looked nice but it was really short and relied on invisible platforms to make it more than it really was

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 texasgoldrush

@princeofshapeir said:

@silversix_ said:

Anor Londo has some very poor level design, the level looks great, however, many parts of it are tedious and cheap. Butting two powerful knights right before Orstien and Smough and the sniper part are the worst.

Sens Fortress is stupid and annoying. Lost Bastille is better.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Never played Demon Souls but have played Dark Souls and in all honesty I found Dark Souls 2 a little better... Both are still superb games. Dark Souls 2 is so far the best game out this year.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By texasgoldrush

@Vaasman said:

@silversix_ said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Vaasman said:

@texasgoldrush said:

Shrine of Amana says nope, Shaded Woods says nope. Huntsman's Copse says nope, Dragon Aerie says nope, Aldia's Keep says nope, hell even Earthen Peak and Iron Keep are awesome.

We get it, you think the first games connect more, however, the level designs themselves are much better than in Dark Souls and actually have a better horror element. You are too much of a dumbass to understand this.

Dark Souls II levels have more going on with them, and more aspects you have to watch out for, than the first game. Four bosses are affected by decisions in the levels.

Also NG+ in the sequel is FAR better than it was in the first game.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@Pray_to_me said:

I have no idea how anyone with any sense of taste and quality could say Demon's is a better game.

You know how? When they actually have a PS3 and have actually played it. LOL silly nub. Did you forget you have your games collection up which includes not a single PS3 game? You're a fuckin' bum and you and all the bum ass lemmings and Hermits who actually think Dark is better then Demon's obviously think that because one of those games they don't have access to.

...have you considered those aren't all his games?

And it seems the critical consensus agrees that Dark souls 2 is better than Demon Souls

Demon Souls was GOTY, noob.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#86  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

@lostrib said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@Pray_to_me said:

...have you considered those aren't all his games?

And it seems the critical consensus agrees that Dark souls 2 is better than Demon Souls

Demon Souls was GOTY, noob.

Only because there was little competition that year and it was such an unexpected great game.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 silversix_

@texasgoldrush: what's different in ng+?

KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

Worse than the first two, while still a pretty good game ...

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Dark Souls 2 is the strongest in the series .

Dark Souls 2 > Dark Souls >>> Demon Souls

And yes, I played Demon Souls on my PS3. So cows, stop selling smoke here.

Dark Souls 2 has much better lore than the two previous installments, better builds variety, much better online, pvp and co-op are naturaly integrated into the game, more map secrets, more treasures to find, more varied locations to explore, etc.

It's slightly easier than the first two installments though, but it makes up with a better progression pace. The game feels like one big journey of exploration, treasure hunting and mistery solving : )

Dark Souls 2 is a boss.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 texasgoldrush

@silversix_ said:

New enemies and many new drops.

There is a Twin Pursuer battle.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Definitely better than ME3. DAMN THAT GAME SUCKED.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By silversix_

@texasgoldrush said:

@silversix_ said:

New enemies and many new drops.

There is a Twin Pursuer battle.

This is how NG+ should be done in every game that has a NG+.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

Dark Souls 2 has much better lore than the two previous installments, better builds variety, much better online, pvp and co-op are naturaly integrated into the game, more map secrets, more treasures to find, more varied locations to explore, etc.

It's slightly easier than the first two installments though, but it makes up with a better progression pace. The game feels like one big journey of exploration, treasure hunting and mistery solving : )

Dark Souls 2 is a boss.

lol.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

Dark Souls 2 is a boss.

lol.

Lol at you. Dark Souls 2 has a much better lore background and story that one can actually keep a track of. That was mentioned basically in all reviews.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 texasgoldrush

@jhonMalcovich said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

Dark Souls 2 is a boss.

lol.

Lol at you. Dark Souls 2 has a much better lore background and story that one can actually keep a track of. That was mentioned basically in all reviews.

This

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@jhonMalcovich: Just, no.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@Vaasman said:

@princeofshapeir said:

@silversix_ said:

Crystal caves was awful and short. Sens and the Painted World were great, but the Caves? Ugh.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#98  Edited By voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

meh flappy bird was better

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Much better because it's way easier. Finally, I could enjoy the game without so much frustrations. I did die a lot( I think it was like 150+) but everything was the right length with the right amount of enemies and difficulty. The combat and movement was also more fluid and the online worked better.

I'm not sure if I even want to play NG+ because of the difficulty. Can't decide between starting a new character (an archer or full caster interest me right now) or simply NG+ my Knight Paladin and somehow respec him into one of those even if it wont be ideal.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Vaasman

@texasgoldrush said:

@princeofshapeir said:

@silversix_ said:

Anor Londo has some very poor level design, the level looks great, however, many parts of it are tedious and cheap. Butting two powerful knights right before Orstien and Smough and the sniper part are the worst.

Sens Fortress is stupid and annoying. Lost Bastille is better.

Sounds like you just suck ass honestly, if those are areas you consider bad and why you consider them so. Hardly the games fault. Lost Bastille isn't even the same concept as Sen's Fortress, Sen's is far closer to Earthen Peak and Earthen Peak ain't all that. Only thing interesting about Earthen Peak is you can change the layout of the boss's room.

@HoolaHoopMan said:

@Vaasman said:

@princeofshapeir said:

@silversix_ said:

Crystal caves was awful and short. Sens and the Painted World were great, but the Caves? Ugh.

That's just your opinion and it's a bad one at that. Crystal caves offers a unique challenge to the player, looks excellent, and has plenty of bonus magic-related goodies if you have the patience and observational skills to obtain them. Short has nothing to do with anything, it's the end-location of a branch of the game, of course it's short. It would be too exhausting for the player to have to go through a whole other Library.