What's the best console exclusive this year?

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

Poll What's the best console exclusive this year? (98 votes)

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze 5%
inFamous: Second Son 28%
Titanfall 16%
Mario Kart 8 51%

This year has been a bit light on console exclusives, hasn't it? Regardless, each system has gotten at least one, and the games have always been amazing.

So my question to you all is... which console exclusive released this year do you think is the best, and why?

• 
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidGame_basic:

If its on more than one platform, regardless of who owns or the OS, gpu, motherboard, or religion it is a multiplat. Simple as that.

Then why did MS go out of its way to get console exclusivity if one could simply get it on PC? Are you saying that has no weight what-so-ever?

See you're going into real world business now. I have long been a believer in real world business moves, (Sony making the best lately) over SW mentality. That being said I am on Gamespot SW and have been for 8 years. The rules are plain and simple. More than one platform = not exclusive. Do I believe the corporations feel this way? No. Am I posting on the Sony/MS/Nintendo/forums? No. We don't get to change rules to fit our agenda.

Perhaps. But if you were to think about what the other forumer said which is, "well I can get an X1 since I have a PS3 already and can get The Show on PS3." How many people really think like that? I mean if the person already liked The Show, and knows that next gen is here, why wouldn't they want to invest in a PS4 so they can continue enjoying the Show on next gen (also remember the Show is the only baseball game on the market)? Wouldn't you agree that somewhere in that thinking process is the acknowledgement that The Show is an exclusive franchise? An exclusive console franchise at that?

As I said, REAL WORLD business. I agree totally with what you are saying. But I stopped eons ago, believing there was anything "real world" about SW. Even the definition of exclusive is not 100% correct. If I am a member of an exclusive golf club that allows honky's, blacks, Asians, but no Arabs, it is exclusive to those it includes. Therefore still exclusive. Same application of the term can be made to Warframe. It is exclusive to PC and PS4. But that isn't how the rules here work, and I abide by them.

Ok, it was fun arguing either way. A lot of times I'm just exploring an argument lol.

Check out that PSVita thread. A lot of Penetration exploration going on there.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@charizard1605: Therein lies the problem. We can't look at these three consoles in a vacuum. Other consoles come into play as well. I can play Titanfall elsewhere.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

It might be too early to make that call.. we still got Driveclub, Bayonetta 2, X, Hyrule Warriors, Yarn Yoshi, Sunset Overdrive to come. Wow this year is pretty bad

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#104 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

MK8>Titanfall>Infamous SS=DK:TF for me.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

MK8 pretty easily.

I just couldn't get into the new DK, which is odd since I thought Returns was great.

I figured Infamous would be meh, finally got around to playing it and yeah... at least it looks really damn good though.

Still haven't played Tittyfall.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#106 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

MK8 and Konkey Dong are probably the best closely followed by Infamous.

Titanfall....eh. Online shooter, not really my thing anymore.

I am a 7th gen peasant and have no place in this discussion anyways, au revoir.