What's the best console exclusive this year?

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

Poll What's the best console exclusive this year? (98 votes)

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze 5%
inFamous: Second Son 28%
Titanfall 16%
Mario Kart 8 51%

This year has been a bit light on console exclusives, hasn't it? Regardless, each system has gotten at least one, and the games have always been amazing.

So my question to you all is... which console exclusive released this year do you think is the best, and why?

• 
champgto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 champgto
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

all of it is not my cup of tea. but if I need to vote it would be MK8.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

While I enjoy Second Son, it's just that Mario Kart 8 is incredibly fun to play... that game is polished.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: the problem the lies in the fact that if I chose to jump ship from PS3 to Xbox One I can still play the show and vice versa with Titanfall. So you can't necessarily include it in discussions about exclusives for gen 8 systems.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#54 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Not Mario Kart.

It cant be Mario Kart.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#55  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Easily Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. How often does a pinnacle of a genre release? It's pretty much a perfect game in every single way.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

Mario Kart 8.

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

I voted for MK8. The game controls beautifully and is an absolute blast to play alone or with friends, and at the end of the day, isn't that what we all want when We're enjoying this hobby we love?

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

The term exclusivity is really being stretched on this board.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@remiks00 said:

@charizard1605 I haven't played MK8, but from that list I'd probably vote MK8 or Titanfall. Infamous SS was incredibly boring. Maybe that's because I've played Infamous 1 & 2 in the past, and SS was really not much different. Those repetitive side missions...ugh. I digress...

Btw bro, Titanfall isn't a "console exclusive", I have it on PC. But, whatever. :-P

Well, I meant console exclusive as in it is only available on that specific console lol, but yeah.

@wolverine4262 said:

I count one game on there that's not a 'true' exclusive, and even there, I give myself leeway by specifically mentioning the term 'console exclusive.'

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@SolidGame_basic: It's out on the PS3 and it was out a month earlier. If I can get it anywhere else it's not exclusive. Anyone who argues it's console exclusive is wrong because it's on more than one console. I don't need a PS4 to play it, just like I don't need an Xbox One to play Titanfall.

I see your point, however, it is still within the Playstation ecosystem. If you are considering another platform like X1/360, Wii U or even PC, you're out of luck.

but it is a multiplat, unless you want X1 fans to start calling shit Microsoft

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

God, I hate the term console exclusive.

Anyways Mario Kart probably wins

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By cainetao11  Online
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

KSR................er duh!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Not sure what's more hilarious. That Xboner needed that stupid "console exclusive" qualifier to even be on this poll, or someone telling Charizard that he has good taste.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@cainetao11 said:

Damn, I completely forgot this existed.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 cainetao11  Online

@charizard1605 said:

@cainetao11 said:

If it wasn't for my 7 year old nephew so would I LOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@cainetao11 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@cainetao11 said:

How is it lol?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 cainetao11  Online

@charizard1605 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@cainetao11 said:

How is it lol?

Its that type of game you know? When you can get people you really enjoy being with to play the game, especially jostling with each other while racing and competing its a lot of laughs. I really cant imagine ANY human beings getting their favorite soda and chips out to play this game alone. And watching a 72 year old grandpa and his 7 year old grand son play it is worth 120 bucks to me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@cainetao11 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@cainetao11 said:

How is it lol?

Its that type of game you know? When you can get people you really enjoy being with to play the game, especially jostling with each other while racing and competing its a lot of laughs. I really cant imagine ANY human beings getting their favorite soda and chips out to play this game alone. And watching a 72 year old grandpa and his 7 year old grand son play it is worth 120 bucks to me.

Ah, nice to know that. So it sounds like it would be a fun party game, which is basically all I wanted from it. If I ever do get an Xbox One Kinect, I will probably look into getting this game too. It sounds like it is great for what it is.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45097 Posts
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@SolidGame_basic: the problem the lies in the fact that if I chose to jump ship from PS3 to Xbox One I can still play the show and vice versa with Titanfall. So you can't necessarily include it in discussions about exclusives for gen 8 systems.

@lostrib said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@SolidGame_basic: It's out on the PS3 and it was out a month earlier. If I can get it anywhere else it's not exclusive. Anyone who argues it's console exclusive is wrong because it's on more than one console. I don't need a PS4 to play it, just like I don't need an Xbox One to play Titanfall.

I see your point, however, it is still within the Playstation ecosystem. If you are considering another platform like X1/360, Wii U or even PC, you're out of luck.

It still is exclusive to Sony systems. Whether you buy it on PS3, PS4, or Vita, it's a Sony owned franchise/IP. You're never going to see it on a non-Sony platform. From a strategic point of view, that's all that really matters..

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By cainetao11  Online

@charizard1605:

That's all it is. Its not even the game being good, although the wave racing is good imo. Nobody likes racing against me because I insist on sitting right next to my opponent in order to body check. By the time you get an X1,and if its Kinect, the game will be like 15 bucks. I was locked in to buying it because the nephews first communion was coming up soon after and he saw the commercial. If I said no I might go to hell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@cainetao11 said:

@charizard1605:

That's all it is. Its not even the game being good, although the wave racing is good imo. Nobody likes racing against me because I insist on sitting right next to my opponent in order to body check. By the time you get an X1,and if its Kinect, the game will be like 15 bucks. I was locked in to buying it because the nephews first communion was coming up soon after and he saw. If I said no I might go to hell

Haha, yeah, hopefully the Kinect itself is cheaper to buy as well (because I probably won't buy the Kinect Xbox One, if I want it, I will probably get it cheaper). Glad that it's still an enjoyable game though!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@lostrib said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

It still is exclusive to Sony systems. Whether you buy it on PS3, PS4, or Vita, it's a Sony owned franchise/IP. You're never going to see it on a non-Sony platform. From a strategic point of view, that's all that really matters..

All that matters it it's on multiple platforms, making it a multiplat

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SolidGame_basic

@lostrib said:

@SolidGame_basic said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@lostrib said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

All that matters it it's on multiple platforms, making it a multiplat

Still exclusive to Sony systems.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By cainetao11  Online

@SolidGame_basic said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@lostrib said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

And if you want to play Titanfall you need to be running Windows. Remember the MS commercials "I'm a PC"? So if this is how exclusivity is going to work............

its not exclusive and Titanfall are not exclusive, period

As far as never seeing it on NON Sony platforms, you do know PSNow is going to be on PC and tablets right? Many Exclusives are going to NON Sony platforms

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

DKC: TF or MK8. Can't decide, both are way too good.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SolidGame_basic

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@lostrib said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

And if you want to play Titanfall you need to be running Windows. Remember the MS commercials "I'm a PC"? So if this is how exclusivity is going to work............

its not exclusive and Titanfall are not exclusive, period

As far as never seeing it on NON Sony platforms, you do know PSNow is going to be on PC and tablets right? Many Exclusives are going to NON Sony platforms

MS has exclusive console rights to Titanfall. Simply as that.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 wolverine4262

@charizard1605 said:

I count one game on there that's not a 'true' exclusive, and even there, I give myself leeway by specifically mentioning the term 'console exclusive.'

Its not even that, though. Also, is console exclusive acceptable on here now? Serious question.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@wolverine4262 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Its not even that, though. Also, is console exclusive acceptable on here now? Serious question.

Not for the metagame, no. But for the purposes of a discussion where it is one of the defined parameters, sure.

What I'm trying to say is, not officially. But we can still discuss what console got the best game on it that the other two consoles didn't get lol.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

@wolverine4262 said:

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 wolverine4262

@charizard1605 said:

Not for the metagame, no. But for the purposes of a discussion where it is one of the defined parameters, sure.

What I'm trying to say is, not officially. But we can still discuss what console got the best game on it that the other two consoles didn't get lol.

Ok, I get what you're saying. If anything this shows how unimportant exclusive games are these days. A system needs multiplats to survive.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

Mario Kart 8 so far

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 cainetao11  Online

@SolidGame_basic:

If its on more than one platform, regardless of who owns or the OS, gpu, motherboard, or religion it is a multiplat. Simple as that.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#85 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

Really hard to say,there´s so few quality console exclusive these days,maybe MK8 I guess.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 SolidGame_basic

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidGame_basic:

If its on more than one platform, regardless of who owns or the OS, gpu, motherboard, or religion it is a multiplat. Simple as that.

Then why did MS go out of its way to get console exclusivity if one could simply get it on PC? Are you saying that has no weight what-so-ever?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 cainetao11  Online

@charizard1605 said:

@wolverine4262 said:

@charizard1605 said:

I prefer the term "console(s) excluded" for games like L4D, the Witcher 2, Titanfall. We know they aren't exclusive, but we know some are excluded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@wolverine4262 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Ok, I get what you're saying. If anything this shows how unimportant exclusive games are these days. A system needs multiplats to survive.

Oh, I agree. There are very few exclusive games that still mean anything, mostly because most exclusives that were system sellers were third party games, and they have all gone multiplat now. I guess Halo, and a couple of Nintendo's franchises are really the only exclusives that matter, all said and done.

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#89 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

Mario Kart 8 is amazing, never played anything with the level of style/visuals and it's the usual greatness that is Mario Kart so yeah it's good.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 cainetao11  Online

@SolidGame_basic said:

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidGame_basic:

Then why did MS go out of its way to get console exclusivity if one could simply get it on PC? Are you saying that has no weight what-so-ever?

See you're going into real world business now. I have long been a believer in real world business moves, (Sony making the best lately) over SW mentality. That being said I am on Gamespot SW and have been for 8 years. The rules are plain and simple. More than one platform = not exclusive. Do I believe the corporations feel this way? No. Am I posting on the Sony/MS/Nintendo/forums? No. We don't get to change rules to fit our agenda.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 wolverine4262
@charizard1605 said:

Oh, I agree. There are very few exclusive games that still mean anything, mostly because most exclusives that were system sellers were third party games, and they have all gone multiplat now. I guess Halo, and a couple of Nintendo's franchises are really the only exclusives that matter, all said and done.

Yep, third party exclusives are all but dead. Without that, multiplats are absolutely necessary to fill out a consoles library and make it worthwhile. Lets hope Ninty figures that out. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@wolverine4262 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Yep, third party exclusives are all but dead. Without that, multiplats are absolutely necessary to fill out a consoles library and make it worthwhile. Lets hope Ninty figures that out. :P

I've been hoping since 1998 to no avail ;__;

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#93 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Even if we use the groan-worthy "console exclusive" term, Titanfall doesn't apply since it's on multiple consoles.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 wolverine4262

@charizard1605:

:dayna2:

Well, its finally starting to catch up with them.

Its funny you couldnt mention any Sony ips that were really big, but they are in the best place right now. That just shows that working with publishers to make the system they want truly pays off.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidGame_basic:

See you're going into real world business now. I have long been a believer in real world business moves, (Sony making the best lately) over SW mentality. That being said I am on Gamespot SW and have been for 8 years. The rules are plain and simple. More than one platform = not exclusive. Do I believe the corporations feel this way? No. Am I posting on the Sony/MS/Nintendo/forums? No. We don't get to change rules to fit our agenda.

Perhaps. But if you were to think about what the other forumer said which is, "well I can get an X1 since I have a PS3 already and can get The Show on PS3." How many people really think like that? I mean if the person already liked The Show, and knows that next gen is here, why wouldn't they want to invest in a PS4 so they can continue enjoying the Show on next gen (also remember the Show is the only baseball game on the market)? Wouldn't you agree that somewhere in that thinking process is the acknowledgement that The Show is an exclusive franchise? An exclusive console franchise at that?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 cainetao11  Online

@SolidGame_basic said:

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidGame_basic:

Perhaps. But if you were to think about what the other forumer said which is, "well I can get an X1 since I have a PS3 already and can get The Show on PS3." How many people really think like that? I mean if the person already liked The Show, and knows that next gen is here, why wouldn't they want to invest in a PS4 so they can continue enjoying the Show on next gen (also remember the Show is the only baseball game on the market)? Wouldn't you agree that somewhere in that thinking process is the acknowledgement that The Show is an exclusive franchise? An exclusive console franchise at that?

As I said, REAL WORLD business. I agree totally with what you are saying. But I stopped eons ago, believing there was anything "real world" about SW. Even the definition of exclusive is not 100% correct. If I am a member of an exclusive golf club that allows honky's, blacks, Asians, but no Arabs, it is exclusive to those it includes. Therefore still exclusive. Same application of the term can be made to Warframe. It is exclusive to PC and PS4. But that isn't how the rules here work, and I abide by them.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#97 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

From the handheld side I would have said-

Bravely Defualt (3DS)

OlliOlli (PS Vita)

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#98  Edited By ChristianGmr14
Member since 2014 • 157 Posts

Infamous Second Son IMO, simply because I have not played the other games on the list. Though once I get Mario Kart 8 that might change my opinion.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 SolidGame_basic

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidGame_basic:

As I said, REAL WORLD business. I agree totally with what you are saying. But I stopped eons ago, believing there was anything "real world" about SW. Even the definition of exclusive is not 100% correct. If I am a member of an exclusive golf club that allows honky's, blacks, Asians, but no Arabs, it is exclusive to those it includes. Therefore still exclusive. Same application of the term can be made to Warframe. It is exclusive to PC and PS4. But that isn't how the rules here work, and I abide by them.

Ok, it was fun arguing either way. A lot of times I'm just exploring an argument lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@wolverine4262 said:

@charizard1605:

Well, its finally starting to catch up with them.

Its funny you couldnt mention any Sony ips that were really big, but they are in the best place right now. That just shows that working with publishers to make the system they want truly pays off.

To be fair, until very recently, I would have said Gran Turismo or God of War for Sony, but they did botch both of those series with the newest games lol.