What price would make you go buy a PS3 right now? (with random poll)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LuigiLogik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 LuigiLogik
Member since 2005 • 1320 Posts

What Price would sony have to drop too, to get you to buy a PS3 right now

for me personally if i didn't have a 360 and a wife who could crack walnuts with her bare hands.. I would Probably pay around $450 for a premium PS3 .... the 360 factored in, unless it was $250 (which would never happen b4 2010) i would wait for either the 3 lights of doom .. or some crazy exclusives ... wifey factored in ... they'd have to be giving them away with movie tickets before i would risk my future children for one...
iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 iunderstand
Member since 2006 • 3201 Posts
If all the consoles cost the same then each console would have different hardware than they do right now so this is kind of pointless.
SkyRaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 SkyRaid
Member since 2004 • 2001 Posts
Acheivements are the most innovative thing this gen. No way I'd do some of the crap I do on games like Dead Rising, Crackdown or say...all the XBLA games without them. They just...give me a reason to kill 53,000 zombies or collect 500 orbs.(Both those suck)
XTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XTy
Member since 2006 • 2434 Posts

Acheivements are the most innovative thing this gen. No way I'd do some of the crap I do on games like Dead Rising, Crackdown or say...all the XBLA games without them. They just...give me a reason to kill 53,000 zombies or collect 500 orbs.(Both those suck)SkyRaid

Then don't fall for it.

Achievements have been around a lot longer than the 360, EA did it for all their games last gen, and Sony Ratchet/Jak/Sly/God of War/Gran Turismo/SOCOM games did them really well.

Still, it does do  what you say, but I don't do it, just don't fall for it.

XTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XTy

If all the consoles cost the same then each console would have different hardware than they do right now so this is kind of pointless.iunderstand

Exactly. The PS3/360 would be sucky. 

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
PS3, but they aren't so i got a Wii.
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
Sir, do you have a permit to ruin the internets?
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34752 Posts
If all the consoles were released on the same day and cost the same, I'd still get a Wii. Nintendo always comes first. I might think about getting a 360 for that price, but not many 360 games interests me (that I can't get for my PC). PS3 seems to be pure crap, and I wouldn't buy it if the price was the same as for the Wii.
theboxmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 theboxmike
Member since 2005 • 2615 Posts
600 (aus) maybe
XTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XTy

If all the consoles were released on the same day and cost the same, I'd still get a Wii. Nintendo always comes first. I might think about getting a 360 for that price, but not many 360 games interests me (that I can't get for my PC). PS3 seems to be pure crap, and I wouldn't buy it if the price was the same as for the Wii.Litchie

Thats funny, because im a 360 guy, but if I had to vote on what's PURE CRAP, I would say the Wii hands down. But good for you  for finding some joy in that thang.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34752 Posts

[QUOTE="Litchie"]If all the consoles were released on the same day and cost the same, I'd still get a Wii. Nintendo always comes first. I might think about getting a 360 for that price, but not many 360 games interests me (that I can't get for my PC). PS3 seems to be pure crap, and I wouldn't buy it if the price was the same as for the Wii.XTy

Thats funny, because im a 360 guy, but if I had to vote on what's PURE CRAP, I would say the Wii hands down. But good for you for finding some joy in that thang.

How interesting..
LuigiLogik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LuigiLogik
600 (aus) maybetheboxmike
someone actually answered the question!!! woohoo... they make the poll headings way to big... i'm gonna have to edit my post but yeah, i'm in New Zealand and 1299 is way too many digits for a system...
Colinllama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Colinllama
Member since 2006 • 466 Posts

Think I paid about £270 for a PS2 not long after it launched.  If the PS3 was £270 then I would probably buy one.

theboxmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 theboxmike
Member since 2005 • 2615 Posts
[QUOTE="theboxmike"]600 (aus) maybeLuigiLogik
someone actually answered the question!!! woohoo... they make the poll headings way to big... i'm gonna have to edit my post but yeah, i'm in New Zealand and 1299 is way too many digits for a system...

I know, did sony really think they could acually sell a system at that price in Aus/Nz?
SuzumeCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 SuzumeCake
Member since 2006 • 4347 Posts
Even if the PS3 was free it uses so much electricity that I would notice an increase on the electricity bill.
marinebro0306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 marinebro0306
Member since 2005 • 1098 Posts
Probably somewhere around 100.
XTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 XTy

Even if the PS3 was free it uses so much electricity that I would notice an increase on the electricity bill.SuzumeCake

360 actually uses more though. :roll:

Cows would point out that the PS3's are curing cancers' diseases with that electricity. the ps3 helps humanity, thru folding home, if the user wants too. 

SuzumeCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 SuzumeCake
Member since 2006 • 4347 Posts

[QUOTE="SuzumeCake"]Even if the PS3 was free it uses so much electricity that I would notice an increase on the electricity bill.XTy

Cows would point out that the PS3's are curing cancers' diseases with that electricity. the ps3 helps humanity, thru folding home, if the user wants too.

PS3 uses 380Watt, Xbox360 uses 160Watt

http://www.newlaunches.com/archives/sony_playstation_3_further_details.php

XTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 XTy
[QUOTE="XTy"]

[QUOTE="SuzumeCake"]Even if the PS3 was free it uses so much electricity that I would notice an increase on the electricity bill.SuzumeCake

Im a 360 guy, and I read our units use the most, well, I suppose this is great news for my electric bill, but I don't play THAT MUCH! 4 hours a day everyday for amonth! Wow.

Anyways, I hope that Microsoft and Nitnendo come up with a way to help humanity thru gaming, it seems cool. 

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
$300, but the 360 will hit that mark first. ^ MS already has, Folding@Home has run on PCs for years............
luvbeers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 luvbeers
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts
300€ but I would still hold off until MGS4 was launched.
LuigiLogik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LuigiLogik
If all the consoles cost the same then each console would have different hardware than they do right now so this is kind of pointless.iunderstand
someone give this guy a big shiny medal... you know the thing about Hypothetical situations is that logic is not required ... I asked "If they cost the same and all came out on the same day, which would you buy" which would normally translate too "if you haven't already bought a system and price wasn't a factor,which would you want." but you took that as an opportunity to show how smart you are, which i guess is exactly what you did... let me elaborate for those that don't "understand " .. I love my 360, but if the PS3 came out a year ago for the same price i would probably be mooing along with the rest of the cows. I wonder how many others would be doing the same?
amourkiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 amourkiss
Member since 2003 • 1751 Posts
definitely PS3
iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 iunderstand
[QUOTE="iunderstand"]If all the consoles cost the same then each console would have different hardware than they do right now so this is kind of pointless.LuigiLogik
someone give this guy a big shiny medal... you know the thing about Hypothetical situations is that logic is not required ... I asked "If they cost the same and all came out on the same day, which would you buy" which would normally translate too "if you haven't already bought a system and price wasn't a factor,which would you want." but you took that as an opportunity to show how smart you are, which i guess is exactly what you did... let me elaborate for those that don't "understand " .. I love my 360, but if the PS3 came out a year ago for the same price i would probably be mooing along with the rest of the cows. I wonder how many others would be doing the same?

If a ferrari cost the same as a civic I'd buy the ferrari. I'm just saying it's an unfair poll, of course you'd buy the PS3 because it's hardware would be worth it. Also, yes "logic"(luigilogik get it?) is necessary in hypothetical situations, infact logic is necessary in all situations. :P
iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 iunderstand
[QUOTE="SuzumeCake"][QUOTE="XTy"]

[QUOTE="SuzumeCake"]Even if the PS3 was free it uses so much electricity that I would notice an increase on the electricity bill.XTy

Im a 360 guy, and I read our units use the most, well, I suppose this is great news for my electric bill, but I don't play THAT MUCH! 4 hours a day everyday for amonth! Wow.

Anyways, I hope that Microsoft and Nitnendo come up with a way to help humanity thru gaming, it seems cool.

Nintendo is helping humanity by reducing energy consumption.

http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-356-2.htm

Tasman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tasman_basic
Member since 2002 • 3255 Posts
AUS$650
LuigiLogik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LuigiLogik
[QUOTE="LuigiLogik"][QUOTE="iunderstand"]If all the consoles cost the same then each console would have different hardware than they do right now so this is kind of pointless.iunderstand

If a ferrari cost the same as a civic I'd buy the ferrari. I'm just saying it's an unfair poll, of course you'd buy the PS3 because it's hardware would be worth it. Also, yes "logic"(luigilogik get it?) is necessary in hypothetical situations, infact logic is necessary in all situations. :P

very witty, but seeing as 27 people didn't chose PS3 there are obviously other factors to consider besides Hardware... like software support.. fanboyism .. and anal retentive behavior (i'm not insinuating anything BTW)
take your Ferrari example.. i would pick the civic... why? it's more functional, i have a family, need the back seat for the baby chair, trunk space for the stroller, plus it has way better gas mileage. I also can't afford the grand a month insurance, or the 2 thousand dollar break pads of the Ferrari .
and your right in Hypothetical situations logic is necessary, but you must follow the rules put forth in the Hypothesis. eg if i say" if u were gay what video game character would you bonk"... you can't respond with "But I'm not gay or gay people don't play video games"
xXHackettXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 xXHackettXx
Member since 2006 • 3560 Posts
If they were all the same price you would have to go for the Xbox 360. Not being a fanboy, but right now its the best console out there with the biggest game library.
GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GsSanAndreas
Member since 2004 • 3075 Posts
Lol i love the options on the poll, very creative
g_hart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 g_hart
Member since 2005 • 980 Posts

[QUOTE="iunderstand"][QUOTE="LuigiLogik"][QUOTE="iunderstand"]If all the consoles cost the same then each console would have different hardware than they do right now so this is kind of pointless.LuigiLogik

very witty, but seeing as 27 people didn't chose PS3 there are obviously other factors to consider besides Hardware... like software support.. fanboyism .. and anal retentive behavior (i'm not insinuating anything BTW)
take your Ferrari example.. i would pick the civic... why? it's more functional, i have a family, need the back seat for the baby chair, trunk space for the stroller, plus it has way better gas mileage. I also can't afford the grand a month insurance, or the 2 thousand dollar break pads of the Ferrari .
and your right in Hypothetical situations logic is necessary, but you must follow the rules put forth in the Hypothesis. eg if i say" if u were gay what video game character would you bonk"... you can't respond with "But I'm not gay or gay people don't play video games"

Well I'll take the Ferrari....and sell it on Ebay for twice as much I paid for it.

PSBox3SixWi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PSBox3SixWi
Member since 2007 • 1341 Posts
If they were all the same price you would have to go for the Xbox 360. Not being a fanboy, but right now its the best console out there with the biggest game library.xXHackettXx
well if they came out at the same time the PS3 would have already released MGS4, Lair, GT5, Heavenly sword, etc...
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

What Price would sony have to drop too, to get you to buy a PS3 right now

for me personally if i didn't have a 360 and a wife who could crack walnuts with her bare hands.. I would Probably pay around $450 for a premium PS3 .... the 360 factored in, unless it was $250 (which would never happen b4 2010) i would wait for either the 3 lights of doom .. or some crazy exclusives ... wifey factored in ... they'd have to be giving them away with movie tickets before i would risk my future children for one... LuigiLogik
about $700-$800nzd
LuigiLogik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LuigiLogik
[QUOTE="xXHackettXx"]If they were all the same price you would have to go for the Xbox 360. Not being a fanboy, but right now its the best console out there with the biggest game library.PSBox3SixWi
well if they came out at the same time the PS3 would have already released MGS4, Lair, GT5, Heavenly sword, etc...

Maybe, but i think more importantly if it was the same price and released at the same time as the 360, all the PS2 owners that A) couldn't wait and B) couldn't afford $600 USD, would have a PS3 right now.. and maybe games like VF 5, GTA IV and DMC4 would still be exclusives.