What price would help the xbox one narrow gap?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What price would help the xbox one narrow gap? (29 votes)

current 399.00 3%
399.00 with a Game like Forza 5 10%
350.00 10%
350.00 with a game 14%
300.00 or less 62%

Obviously the hardware of the Xbox one is not as powerful as the PS4 so it would make sense to me that it should be cheaper if its not as powerful . I'm not saying this as a Xbox One hater because I am happy with the Xbox one but Unless Xbox lowers the price the sales game wont move IMO. I don't think they will be making a change anytime soon but then again I didn't think they would get rid of the Kinect .

• 
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Didn't they just lower the price? Any more price drops will only make them look more desperate than they are now and won't help them. Price isn't the problem as PS4's continued dominance on Amazon Best Sellers after the price drop continues to show. The problem is the Xbone itself. It's just an overall inferior experience to the PS4. Both systems share like 90% of their library and Xbone continues to run these multiplats badly compared to the PS4 and unlike Sony last gen, MS' first party studios are incredibly weak compared to the competition so they can't rely on 1st party to save them. It's a hopeless cause, all they can do is try and make as much profit this gen and wait for nextgen to make a comeback.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

Xbox doesn't need another price drop, they just had one the problem is how MS decided to promote the Xbox it's completely lost and the message was all over the place and bad press and weak hardware aren't doing it any favours as well. Right now they have a good focus which is on the games and they can then it around but they got cocky And now learning a valuable lesson, brand loyalty means **** all if your product and message are shit

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Not buying an xbone for more than $200.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

if they could include a free ps4 with every x1 then i think it might help them.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

Didn't they just lower the price? Any more price drops will only make them look more desperate than they are now and won't help them. Price isn't the problem as PS4's continued dominance on Amazon Best Sellers after the price drop continues to show. The problem is the Xbone itself. It's just an overall inferior experience to the PS4. Both systems share like 90% of their library and Xbone continues to run these multiplats badly compared to the PS4 and unlike Sony last gen, MS' first party studios are incredibly weak compared to the competition so they can't rely on 1st party to save them. It's a hopeless cause, all they can do is try and make as much profit this gen and wait for nextgen to make a comeback.

The price lower was cause of taking out the Kinect though. I don't really see it as a price drop. I got to say if they lowered the price more people would buy I can't see it not doing anything

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I'm not for Sale !

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@inb4uall said:

That's what I keep saying about the Wii U. Already own XB1 and PS4. True Next Gen is just a remote controller away.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

@blackace said:

@inb4uall said:

That's what I keep saying about the Wii U. Already own XB1 and PS4. True Next Gen is just a remote controller away.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@blackace said:

@inb4uall said:

I prefer Wii U. It has a focus on 1st party exclusives which I won't be able to get on PC. PC can easily beat PS4 or Xbone when it comes to multiplats.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

$350 but the thing is it should have launched at $350 without Kinect. Right now, the PS4 is the system everyone wants and unless the X1 is $100 cheaper why wouldn't you just get the PS4 considering it's the better hardware?

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#12 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Halo or Gears.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

A product reveal that didn't piss off everyone.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#14 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

ps4 is worth 400 dollars of pc parts, x1 is worth 300, just be honest and people will pay what its really worth to pay

also nintendo, better start selling it for 150

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

350 with kinect and master chief collection

Actually any form of a halo bundle would probably help

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheRealBigRich

I thought both the ps4and Xbox one were worth more than 400 based on what it would cost to make a pc to the same specs . I remember GameSpot building a pc for 500 that could beat a Xbox one but now its 400 . I do agree it should be 350 or just start bundling the launch games for 400

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#18 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@TheRealBigRich said:

I thought both the ps4and Xbox one were worth more than 400 based on what it would cost to make a pc to the same specs . I remember GameSpot building a pc for 500 that could beat a Xbox one but now its 400 . I do agree it should be 350 or just start bundling the launch games for 400

you re mixing pc parts price with software prices

you dont count ps+ cost in the ps4 cost, you also dont discount the 2 or 3 free AAA games you get bundled with your 400 dollars pc from the total pc cost

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

I think $350 should be about the right price, since the PS4 is now only about 29% more powerful.

If you want other features than it has more value to you because the PS4 has none of those features.

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

Price drops won't help spark mass interest for the XB1. Once they start offering great games the system will sell itself. They cN drop the price more and it will be a temporary solution and will only make them look weak in the public eye.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheRealBigRich

@littlestreakier said:

Price drops won't help spark mass interest for the XB1. Once they start offering great games the system will sell itself. They cN drop the price more and it will be a temporary solution and will only make them look weak in the public eye.

Idk I think money talks and right now its the same price for both and if you had to pick one it seems easy for most to just pick the more capable one for the price. Now if they could have a lower price point then maybe people will think yeah its not as powerful but at least its cheaper. I really feel like being cheaper is what helped out the Xbox 360 so much

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Its significantly less powerful than a PS4 so it should cost significantly less.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Free isn't an option? I thought Microsoft was supposed to have bottomless pockets.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Less than 300 dollars but I would essentially buy it for the sake of buying it and not for the games. I want to be more enthused about current gen consoles but they haven't really put out any titles to get me to buy it.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Its significantly less powerful than a PS4 so it should cost significantly less.

The PS4 is only about 29% more powerful than the X1. Does not have HDMI input, Live TV, or Snap feature.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheRealBigRich

@silversix_ said:

I would call the Wii u significantly less powerful and even that console is 300 with a cheap game or two I think though. Based on that it sounds like x1 should be 399 with a game or 350 given that it does do some things the ps4 can't . If it wanted to really go for the top I think 300 would make it a hell of a buy

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44551 Posts

I say $350 with a game, after all they still have to make a profit. I say instead of packing a game into the box, they should instead have a download voucher or two for a number of games it can be redeemed for, whether it be BF4, Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, or Forza Horizon, Ryse, Killer Instinct, Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed IV. That would of course require third party cooperation for the promotion, then again these games have likely hit their wall for lifetime sales.

Anyhow, cheaper is going to sell better, that simple.

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

@TheRealBigRich: While I definitely agree with everything you said I still think a price drop is only a temporary solution, not a fix to the actual problem. Games and features should be the #1 focus of MS right now. I've bought consoles in the past due to finally having a game library that I liked. Also, MS biggest supporter right now should be their current XB1 consumer base and their word of mouth. I've asked all my friends that have one how they like it and they all said it wasn't worth it (strictly in my friend group, others may have had different responses).

With the 360 I think what helped them the most was the 1 year head start they had and the great games they had at launch. I got a 360 a few weeks after the launch with Fight Night Round 3, PGR 3 and NFS:MS (2005) as some of my first games, oh my God did I have a blast. Console was GREAT from launch. It was the first time HD gaming was available on a console and it really blew people away when they tried it including all of my friends (hence word of mouth again). I'm sure knowing how expensive the PS3 was going to be at launch helped some people get the 360 but I think the great launch games and head start helped it over the price the most.

Also, to everyone complaining about specs and price, PS2 specs were garbage compared to the original Xbox...still didn't stop the PS2 domination. Why? Because PS2 had games that people wanted to play. PS2 also had that head start which helped with the install base.

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By david61983
Member since 2013 • 288 Posts

It needs to be $100 cheaper than the PS4 at all times. It's really that simple. The PS4 is more powerful with very likely better exclusives going forward as the PS4 is selling much better.

It's not like the Wii U where some people might buy it along with the PS4 or Xbone. In regards to the PS4 and Xbone very, very few people will buy both systems. There's really no point in owning both, and the PS4 has several advantages over the Xbone including PS+ which gives you free monthly games along with being a more powerful system. The only way people will buy the Xbone over a PS4 is if it's at least a $100 cheaper.

Also, the PS4 has regularly being going for $359 shipped brand new on eBay recently from Buy.com. In other words MS has a long way to go before they're going to be competitive on price.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

$300 with Kinect

MS can afford to take a hit like that and it will probably be enough to push them into a significant lead.

Will it happen? Probably not for years.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Performance gap? None.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#32 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6085 Posts

I'd say $399.00 with a top notch Xbox exclusive download or $399.00 with a year of Xbox LIVE free.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Obviously the cheapest price possible. $299 is the magic number, and it's not worth more than that.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

199 bucks with PS4 included, then prolly bone would have a chance

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 blackace

@alcapello said:

@blackace said:

@inb4uall said:

Is that your sex toy Alcapello? Thanks for sharing. One end for you and one end for Sony I would guess. lol!!

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

I think a price drop would help but it needs to be lower than the PS 4 enough to justify the power vs cost ratio. The Wii sold better than the PS 3 and 360 because the price was a lot lower. No one want to pay the same amount for a weaker machine that do practically the same thing.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

@blackace said:

@alcapello said:

@blackace said:

@inb4uall said:

Is that your sex toy Alcapello? Thanks for sharing. One end for you and one end for Sony I would guess. lol!!

I understand you having a hard time figuring out what the button in the middle is.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 blackace
@silversix_ said:

LMAO!! NO!! The price is fine. Microsoft just needs to remarket it better and show the killer games that will be released for it over the next 6 - 18 months. Performance gap is already steadily closing. The more developers use the new tools M$ provide, the better their games are looking and performing. The differences are becoming more and more minor and that will continue through this year and next.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheRealBigRich

@david61983 said:

It needs to be $100 cheaper than the PS4 at all times. It's really that simple. The PS4 is more powerful with very likely better exclusives going forward as the PS4 is selling much better.

It's not like the Wii U where some people might buy it along with the PS4 or Xbone. In regards to the PS4 and Xbone very, very few people will buy both systems. There's really no point in owning both, and the PS4 has several advantages over the Xbone including PS+ which gives you free monthly games along with being a more powerful system. The only way people will buy the Xbone over a PS4 is if it's at least a $100 cheaper.

Also, the PS4 has regularly being going for $359 shipped brand new on eBay recently from Buy.com. In other words MS has a long way to go before they're going to be competitive on price.

Other than power advantage theres not other advantage the ps4 has unless you want to play PS exclusives way more than Xbox exclusives. You are right there isn't much of a reason to own both but they both give free games and are selling on eBay for 359. If anything the Xbox one has features that the ps4 can't replicate with the TV input . Other than that there isn't much of a difference but I would say a 350 is a good price for it a 100 would be kind of a stretch

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

Get over yourself they had a terrible launch and media backlash that sony exaggerated by making childish videos. Microsoft are doing fine at recovering.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

It's fine where it is now.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

@silversix_ said:

Does not have HDMI input, Live TV, or Snap feature.

You forgot one more features the Bone has over ps4. THE 792p. Never forget this one, its important for MS.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@xhawk27 said:

@silversix_ said:

You forgot one more features the Bone has over ps4. THE 792p. Never forget this one, its important for MS.

fo sho, only bone can offer such stupid resolution

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I think around 350 with kinect and a free game would hit close to home.

The hit MS would have to take with this is pretty insane. So I doubt it will happen, and if it does I feel sorry for MS.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheRealBigRich

@silversix_ said:

@xhawk27 said:

@silversix_ said:

At least give them the 900p lol