What next gen systems do you have/getting?

• 88 results
Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll What next gen systems do you have/getting? (57 votes)

Playstation 5, premium gaming for the elite 47%
Switch, toilet gaming at its best 32%
Xbox one Series x, zune of gaming, no exclusives 30%
Xbox one series S, the welfare cheese of gaming 7%
Execute order 66 25%

What do you halves and why?

Ps5 is premium futuee gaming. No loade times and best gameplay possible. 8k fps 120 ray tracing.

Switch, when you’re dropping the boys off at the pool/have the green apple splatters, nothing better than killing mammoths in skyrim.

• 
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 navyguy21  Online
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

PS5 since I also built a PC with a 3090 and Game Pass

In the market for 2 Series Xs for the nephews so they can play with Game Pass too.

Haven't had any luck though, I think I was extremely lucky getting the PS5 at Walmart

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

Ps5 and switch pro. No Xbox for me

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8771 Posts

Should be getting my PS5 in late 2023. Maybe '24. Got a new PC recently too.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@AtariKidX said:
@i_p_daily said:

@AtariKidX: "The best of the best"

This coming from someone who has Atari & kid in their name 🤣🤣🤣

Atari it was my first console as a kid.............what is the funny about that....??

PlayStation have the best games of all time....the best videogame consoles with the best games.

YouTube has Playstations best games, PS doesn't have the best games of all time, geez you really drink the kool aid don't you LOL

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

Had a Switch for a while now and just got a new PC. So I will probably pick up a fair amount of MS first party games. We'll see how far Sony goes with PC support, but I do plan to get HZD at some point. Right now the only way I see myself getting a PS5 is if they add in PS1-3 BC. Until then, I'm good.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

PS5 and Switch. I was trying to get a 3080 and build my first PC, but it seems it's harder to get a gpu than the elusive PS5 so I gave up.

I will get an Xbox eventually. I have to see how some of these promised games turn out. After canceling Phantom Dust remake, Scale Bound and games like Fable being multiplayer gaas trash and Crackdown being straight up garbage...

Let's just say I don't have a lot of confidence in what they showed so far because of Xbox's track record and that there was no real gameplay or even a concept of gameplay shown.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

I have the best console available, the Xbox Series X. Don't see that option available. The OP looks Iike something a 12 year old would post.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

I currently have a X1X and a XSS, but that's my daughters.

As soon as I can get hold of a XSX or PS5 is will buy one. Which ever has stock first!

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#60  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

I got RTX 3080 and a PS5. I am good until the RTX 4000 series.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

PC and Switch. Everything else is redundant.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 BassMan
@Litchie said:

In terms of hardware, yes. Unfortunately, Sony still limits most of their games to their consoles. So, I picked up a PS5 for exclusives.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#63 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Just purchased a XSX this week but haven’t connected it yet. Waiting for the Covid restrictions to be lifted so my brother can come over and help me get my “82” tv off the wall mount for hook up the XSX. Can’t do it alone.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Litchie

@BassMan said:
@Litchie said:

In terms of hardware, yes. Unfortunately, Sony still limits most of their games to their consoles. So, I picked up a PS5 for exclusives.

You'll unfortunately need a PS for Sony exclusives indeed. Luckily, I personally find said exclusives not great. Nintendo games are lame to miss out on though, so Switch was a bit of a must.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22670 Posts

I'll roll with whatever model of switch is out. It's just so convenient.

I'm planning on grabbing a ps5 digital at some point and an XX maybe as well. I have a big backlog of physical Xbox games so the X makes sense in ways.

I don't buy physical media anymore so happy to have digital for new content.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44060 Posts

Proto jr at it again.

How embarrassing it must be. :P

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

None at the moment (I'm not voting Switch because it's not a next-gen console).

I may get a PS5 at some point whenthe price comes down and the library is better - but no way in hell right now. Wouldn't be worth it. Play Astros and Demon's Souls and then it would sit taking up a parking space in my driveway while I went back to my Switch and PC

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

My thinking is by time ps5 is readily available the library will be a lot better.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#69 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@robert_sparkes said:

My thinking is by time ps5 is readily available the library will be a lot better.

Yeah, by time it's available it'll be time to save up for a PS6 though.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Eoten
@brimmul777 said:

Just purchased a XSX this week but haven’t connected it yet. Waiting for the Covid restrictions to be lifted so my brother can come over and help me get my “82” tv off the wall mount for hook up the XSX. Can’t do it alone.

You found consoles in stock? Online or locally?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 BassMan

@Litchie said:
@BassMan said:
@Litchie said:

You'll unfortunately need a PS for Sony exclusives indeed. Luckily, I personally find said exclusives not great. Nintendo games are lame to miss out on though, so Switch was a bit of a must.

I bought a Switch when it launched, but I am not much of a portable gamer and the hardware is shit. I also don't find most Nintendo games very good these days. So, I sold my Switch and just play the few games I like from them on PC. Breath of the Wild is so much better on PC. Especially when using the mod that disables weapon breaking. :)

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes: ps5 all the way unless this amc stock goes up 300 today lol

Until they have a good stock ready , I have this low profile 1650 on the way tho.

I bought a 300 watt pc on accident lol smh

Reminded me again why consoles are just more convenient for the masses.

Resulting in a community like no other when it comes to aaa gaming. Especially before cross play.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#74 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

@BassMan said:
@Litchie said:
@BassMan said:
@Litchie said:

I bought a Switch when it launched, but I am not much of a portable gamer and the hardware is shit. I also don't find most Nintendo games very good these days. So, I sold my Switch and just play the few games I like from them on PC. Breath of the Wild is so much better on PC. Especially when using the mod that disables weapon breaking. :)

Thats a great decision!

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

I have a PC that I don't game on that's actually a beast.

I have a Switch, PS5, and a Series X

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@xantufrog said:

None at the moment (I'm not voting Switch because it's not a next-gen console).

I may get a PS5 at some point whenthe price comes down and the library is better - but no way in hell right now. Wouldn't be worth it. Play Astros and Demon's Souls and then it would sit taking up a parking space in my driveway while I went back to my Switch and PC

Agreed. It's a dumb poll.

I'll get myself a PS5 whenever they are freely available. Will also get a Series X for my kid, they're hard to get, too.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#77 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

@eoten: The XSX was refurbished. Supposedly because of the XSX box was damaged during shipping? Supposedly? I got $100 off it’s Canadian price.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#78 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

PS5, Switch, and XSX. I don't have the XSX yet but I will grab one as soon as I see one. I don't care about the S and have no idea what the last thing is and don't want to look it up.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Disregarding the lame troll poll... I have a Switch so far, and will continue to be my main gaming system. Will eventually get either a Series X or S.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Eoten

@BassMan said:
@Litchie said:
@BassMan said:
@Litchie said:

I am not a portable gamer at all, and I don't know too many with a Switch who are. I do wish instead of adding a battery, a screen, a dock, and the POS joycons they'd give us better performance, and pair it with the pro controller. Unfortunately, the Switch is highly successful, but IMO, for other reasons than the lame portability mode, but Nintendo isn't going to realize that. They'll think one of their gimmicks actually worked, and their next console will still use it, and be seriously underpowered to pander to that handheld feature few people are ever going to use because Nintendo just cannot realize that handheld gaming is dead. Phones have killed it and it's not coming back.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Litchie

@BassMan said:
@Litchie said:
@BassMan said:
@Litchie said:

Understandable.

But playing BotW with a mod making the game easier than it already is? Lamesauce. But whatever floats your boat.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@Litchie said:
@BassMan said:
@Litchie said:
@BassMan said:
@Litchie said:

Understandable.

But playing BotW with a mod making the game easier than it already is? Lamesauce. But whatever floats your boat.

I've been handheld gamer since the original gameboy in the 90's

I had the fat gameboy GBC GBA SP Game Gear and DS and new 3DS XL 2 PSP's and the PS Vita.

Switch Lite is the best hand held i've ever owned it tied with the GBA SP. This is a great system Bass you don't know crap about handheld gaming. Go back to PC play your garbage that activision blizzard or valve is making now a days.

Try out that valve card game and war3 reforged and buying worse games then the ones game 20 years ago on PC you do that ill buy masterpieces like BOTW which are true return to form the zelda franchises pleasing new and old fans like me with getting tons of hearts and power ups an exploring an open world.

Seriously bass your outa touch just stop man.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#84  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I have a switch and I am thinking of eventually buying a series x to replace my xbox one later this year even though my current tv won't be able to take advantage of the series x specs.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#85  Edited By narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

I think i would stick with xbox series x whenever my xbox one s dies on me, but im not worried about it til then. I could consider series s depending on x/s price difference at the time and my funds.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#86 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69450 Posts

@super600 said:

I have a switch and I am thinking of eventually buying a series x to replace my xbox one later this year even though my current tv won't be able to take advantage of the series x specs.

New mini-LED TVs are coming out this year.😮

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 BassMan

@Litchie said:
@BassMan said:
@Litchie said:
@BassMan said:
@Litchie said:

Understandable.

I had already played through the game on my Switch and I always hated the weapon breaking mechanic. It was just annoying and didn't make the game more challenging. You could have a lot of good weapons in your inventory and switch to them when one broke. Also, the Master Sword never breaks anyway. So, it was nothing to do with making the game easier as I didn't find the game very difficult. It was more about making the game more enjoyable.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Eoten

@BassMan said:
@Litchie said:
@BassMan said:
@Litchie said:
@BassMan said:

Understandable.

I had already played through the game on my Switch and I always hated the weapon breaking mechanic. It was just annoying and didn't make the game more challenging. You could have a lot of good weapons in your inventory and switch to them when one broke. Also, the Master Sword never breaks anyway. So, it was nothing to do with making the game easier as I didn't find the game very difficult. It was more about making the game more enjoyable.

Yeah, playing through BOTW now I find that, and having to cook and eat food to replenish health vs cutting some grass to find a heart or two more annoying than anything else. It makes things tedious and more stressful, not challenging.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

Currently have a Switch and a Series X. Will probably pick up a PS5 when stock becomes less scarce, and may eventually get a Series S for my second TV, although I don't see much reason for it when I already have the One X hooked up to it.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Eoten

@dragonfly110 said:

Currently have a Switch and a Series X. Will probably pick up a PS5 when stock becomes less scarce, and may eventually get a Series S for my second TV, although I don't see much reason for it when I already have the One X hooked up to it.

Series S is better than a One X.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

@eoten said:
@dragonfly110 said:

Series S is better than a One X.

Sure, but not sure if it's a big enough step up to warrant spending the money when it would infrequently be used and I own the One X anyways.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

PS5 and Switch with an Xbox Series X incoming