BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

Playstation wasn't my first console, but it did make me fall in love with gaming. That's something that will never go away.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:
@knight-k said:
@goldenelementxl said:

I really enjoyed the PS1 and PS2. Since then however, the brand has fallen off to me. The DS3 and DS4 controllers feel awful for starters. Then there is this "cinematic experience" focus in their first party games that is a HUGE turn off for me.

The controllers are almost the same as PS1/2 so how is it only now a problem?

Starting with the DS3, they made the R2/L2 triggers squishy. That is beyond stupid and why in shooters, the defaults for ADS and firing is R1/L1. That's dumb. And the DS4 battery life is atrocious.

Small inconveniences imo but ok.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

The classiness of its fanboys ofc

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Well last gen I was a hardcore Lemming that loved everything Microsoft that I even defended the awful game Too Human against the critics (cows of last gen)

But once this gen game along , I noticed one thing and the is Sony Has the better games that I want . I was so tired of playing the boring arse Gears of War and the Franchize that I once loved since the beginning and now thinks it should put down, the once almighty and now turned to Shi..... the no other then Halo series.

Now once I saw that MS wasn’t going to bring anything new gen ,besides th just FOrza H series , I knew that it was time to jump to the best console this gen thar has tons of new franchises and that is the PS4.

So I love PS4 because Sony took Chances on new IP :)

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Part of playstation charm is there capability to bring out everything including niche stuff to the mainstream. That charm seems to be going down even in the way they advertise things these days. They seem to only focus on there cinematic narrative games. If those games are not available there is no time for everything else. The new honchos at the helm are a bit concerning. I'm worried about what I'm hearing from Sean Layden. Which is strange I though the dude that pushed for crash to be out would understand. Playstation needs to tap into there other series or create new series that are not cinematic story tellers soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

For PS4, nothing really. It's games aren't that interesting to me, maybe TLOU2 and that "Kurosawa" type samurai game could change my opinion about it. But overall, there's really nothing that is currently interesting about the console. UC series ended with UC3 with me. Don't care about Bloodborne, I don't care about Jrpgs, so strip that away, there's nothing left on PS4 I can play that's already on my XBOX One X. And that Game Pass is Godsend. XB1X is a far better, more pro-consumer choice for me right now, and the better console, IMO.

For me, Sony's PS1, PS2 and PS3 were far better and had far more interesting games than what the PS4 has, imo.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Well, I was never truly a PS fan myself.

I grew up with Nintendo, from the NES to current gen. When PlayStation was released, I easily chose the N64 over PS1.

The next gen, I chose the GameCube over PS2, and near the end of that generation, i cycled a bit towards the Xbox (OG).

The following gen, I gravitated away from Nintendo due to the Wii being a massive disappointment, so I was a 360 guy over PS3. Near the end of that gen I did end up getting a PS3, my first PlayStation platform. While many of that generation of games were multiplatform, PS3 definitely had some of the better games overall that drew me in.

This generation, I decided to get a XBONE, and a PS4 at launch. I had the money, and rumors turned out to be true that the PS4 hardware was better than the X1 this round. The first few years there were hardly any good games for either platform, but PS4 started to pull ahead quite a lot with it's exclusives, and multiplatforms that ran better. I ended up getting a Switch, and for a time, that was my most played console, but it's pretty much a tie now between that and the PS4.

I learned that it honestly doesn't pay to be a fanboy of any platform, and only matters to get the games you enjoy regardless of platform. I realized lately that I haven't turned my X1 on in years, so it's on the market to be sold off now. I think this also is due to the fact that my PC is still the top MS platform of choice and there is no point in having two MS platforms for the same games.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#58 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@saltslasher:

It has exclusive game titles that I love. The PSN store has fantastic sales from time to time.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

The classiness of its fanboys ofc

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#60 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

They focus on providing a stellar gaming experience, and can constantly produce great new IP.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Sony are pretty cool, I did really enjoy the PS2 and PSP systems. The second best Japanese gaming company for sure.

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#62 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

I'm a Playstation fan. Always enjoyed what they had to offert. Always games of many different genre exclusive to them.

Never got into Xbox.

Love Nintendo as a second system.

xHedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 xHedon
Member since 2018 • 293 Posts

@saltslasher said:

I was a PS4 hater since get go, but that isn't cause some lemming. I was all PS3 at beginning of this generation, and thought PS4 sucked cause PS3 was better, just as I thought my PS2 was better than the new PS3. I only really loved PS3 cause of the PS2/PS1 games. I got PS4 cause I love PS2 games, and The Last Guardian and Persona 5 were 1, 2 PS2 punches, I also knew greatness awaited in coming years, and years of backlog helped with initial purchase.

Since launch I have heard the rounds: (in chronological order)

-Better policies and keeping traditional gaming (i.e. no forced kinect/online only)

-PS4 played multiplats better than One

-PS4 has exclusives

-PS4 has better exclusives

I know those are basic things fanboys say, but what makes you love PlayStation? I never lost faith in PlayStation like I have Nintendo, but as much as I loved old days of Nintendo, I just haven't liked their new consoles, especially Switch. In some ways feeling PlayStation is slipping away, and wondering why I love or care about them today.

I don't like how Nintendo does business, don't like how they drip feed news, hate their short baking products to cause mania, and really don't like their philosophy of game making.

In many ways I feel the same with PlayStation. They announce shit too soon, now skipping the conference that I fell in love with PS4 at in first place and skipping E3, didn't like their way of showing new games with musical openings, and so Sony just isn't the Sony I use to like. I hate their censoring policies, don't like their anti-consumer way of doing things, like remastering or ps now instead of real BC. There is no handheld, not really into VR, and most my favorite franchises from yesteryear aren't on PS4 or multiplat. In general, I haven't liked their way of doing business.

So I've come to conclusion, I can own PS4 without being a fan. Just play the few games I want from it and leave it be, yet I thought I could do that with Switch and I sold it. Of course I didn't spend last 3 gens ignoring PS like I did Nintendo. Sony had nothing to prove, still, if I wasn't led to believe these exclusives are must play, and didn't have initial games I wanted, I'd have zero reasons for a PS4.

Nothing. It needs better games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I enjoyed the PS1 and PS2 because back then they provided a wide variety of different types of games, so I was able to find exclusives that appealed to me on their consoles. However, I have not enjoyed the PS3 and PS4 because now they are just way too focused on movie-games.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

I own every PS console to date, I bought those Sony consoles just for the exclusive games and nothing more/less. I even own PSP and now Vita but however, I put more money and games on PSP cause it was such a good handheld of it's time but man, I can see why everyone dislikes Vita. That pathetic handheld can barely breath and Sony should be ashamed of themselves for not taking care of vita but at least PSP still kinda holds well.

So yeah, I had a blast with PS1/2/3 & now PS4 because they have really fun exclusive games I'm enjoying now.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

They have pretty much owned the cinematic 3rd person action genre this gen (didn't do bad last gen either), it's one of my favourite genres in addition to 3D platformers, RPGs and FPS.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Honestly not much, I went playstation this year because the xbone launch was atrocious, 3rd party games are great but I havent like much from Sony, ratchet and clank and spiderman are the only ones, most of thier games are over the shoulder story action games, they bore me to death, I play my switch more than my ps4, I play my pc more as well, I actually just traded in spiderman in towards smash. Most of sonys 1st party games are true 1 and dones, gow,Spiderman,horizon,uncharted all 1 and dones, you can keep it to pay 25 bucks for additional dlc if you want but screw that, I hope microsoft gets thier shit straight before next gen, id like to switch back if they just announce some interesting IPs I'll be back in a quick minute. Gamepass looks solid

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

You don't have to "love" Playstation idiot you just have to love gaming.

The equation is simple, if you're a gamer you look at the competition, playstation offers the best gaming among the current competitors so people gravitate to the console that provides the best games for their money.

Here is what your choices for game systems will net you currently.

MS = Only offers multiplats and the 3 worn out franchises where only one is still AAA quality. Zero new quality IPs are ever delivered and weak Japanese game catalog.

Nintendo = Offers fantastic AAA quality exclusives but severely lacking on 3rd party support and is known for long empty droughts between big exclusives.

Sony = Offers high quality AAA exclusives every year and the strongest 3rd party support along with a history of supporting their consoles for the entirety of a generation when other companies have abandoned their systems.

PC = Offers the most games and has strong 3rd party support but has weak exclusive support for AAA games and lacks some key console specific (RDR2 ex.) and Japanese titles.

It's not "love" that makes people loyal to Playstation, it the lack of the competition to provide a better alternative. It's not so much "love" as it is TRUST that people have for Playstation.

Sony has earned what you call "love" for Playstation because of their effort to provide a better selection of quality games than their competition (refer to the reference above).

The proof is in the pudding...2018 GOTY God of War PlayStation EXCLUSIVE. Not, Xbox nor PC. The best games are always Playstation or Nintendo exclusive or multiplat available on Playstation.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#70 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Ease of use.

For example, SONY lets us play online for FREE. This means you can switch to online gaming at any moment, without having to worry about PSN Plus or microtransactions. Ease of use, see?

On Xbone, you MUST have Gold to play online, which is plain extortion from the evil, creedy MS.

qx0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By qx0d
Member since 2018 • 333 Posts

When I think of PlayStation, I think of a system with a vast library of games and a wide variety of genres. If you like third-person games, PlayStation is definitely the system to own. It has many third-person titles and the PS controller is well-suited to play third-person titles.

The Xbox and its controller, I think of as being more suited for FPS. The original Halo perhaps confirms that. I think of Xbox as being more, perhaps, "hardcore." It's the FPS titles that make me think that.

When I think of Nintendo, Mario and Zelda instantly come to mind.

darkRecon6Opt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 darkRecon6Opt
Member since 2018 • 119 Posts

Don't Hav a brand loyalty but I do tend avoid toxic gaming communities