what kind of launch titles do you think the PSP 2 will have?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts

Do you think the PSP 2 is going to follow the 3DS's lead and used established game franchises as launch games, or do you think there will be several original launch titles for the system? I'm willing to bet one of the launch games will be a Ratchet and Clank game, or perhaps a brand new entry in the Syphon Filter series. But I'm eager to see what original IP's they'll have for the system. What do you think?

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
Ports of PS3 games.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
MGS6, GTA, and other stuff because its gonna try to hard to be a console. I'm all for the psp2 as long as it doesn't use a touch screen and if it doesn't slide like the psp go. Big hands can't use a touch screen phone properly (I hate my black berry). Sliding phones look like something girls would use and someone of my stature can't be seen using that.
NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

I'm 99.99% sure it will have MLB The Show as a launch title.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts
MGS6, GTA, and other stuff because its gonna try to hard to be a console. I'm all for the psp2 as long as it doesn't use a touch screen and if it doesn't slide like the psp go. Big hands can't use a touch screen phone properly (I hate my black berry). Sliding phones look like something girls would use and someone of my stature can't be seen using that.Fightingfan
What about big touch screens? :P
Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

Well, they'll have to build upon the Spiderman UMD of the original launch PSP 1000, so I think they should have Talladega Nights as a launch title.

That'll make it feel like a baby PS3 :P

mrmcygan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mrmcygan
Member since 2010 • 882 Posts

I would love to have Medal of Honor heroes 3, the only bad thing about the previous games is the controls( which was caused by the PSP not having a second analog stick) and the multiplayer was filled with hackers that would float in air with automatics rocket launchers.

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

The awesome kind??

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Ridge Racer, Motorstorm, Unchartered Portable, Little Big Planet 2, God of War Collection Portable, Persona 4

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18827 Posts

Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Ridge Racer, Motorstorm, Unchartered Portable, Little Big Planet 2, God of War Collection Portable, Persona 4

LovePotionNo9

lol @ god of war collection bundle and lol @ Uncharted Protable(great title name)

But expect Lumines 3 to be a launch titile.

crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 crippled_ram
Member since 2010 • 1583 Posts
What kind of launch titles will an as yet unannounced handheld we know NOTHING about have? Jeez, guys, at least wait till we know for sure that the system exists!
Ringx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ringx55
Member since 2008 • 5967 Posts
All the big sony IP's.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PSP107
What kind of launch titles will an as yet unannounced handheld we know NOTHING about have? Jeez, guys, at least wait till we know for sure that the system exists!crippled_ram
why are u dissing ppl for thier excitement of a system that most likly will get revealed.
monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

rathet, motorstorm god of war, gt, res, uncharted, little big planet. locco rocco, pretty much the same ol stuff.

if they want a chance they better bring in the kiddy games

crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 crippled_ram
[QUOTE="crippled_ram"]What kind of launch titles will an as yet unannounced handheld we know NOTHING about have? Jeez, guys, at least wait till we know for sure that the system exists!PSP107
why are u dissing ppl for thier excitement of a system that most likly will get revealed.

I'm not dissing people, I'm looking forward to it myself, the PSP being awesome and all :D All I'm saying is, mostly, the hardware defines the games a system gets, so we should wait to see what kind of hardware the PSP2 will have before we make any predictions. For all we know, Sony make the PSP2 a phone, which means there's no chance for an Uncharted Portable, ever :cry:
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PSP107
[QUOTE="PSP107"][QUOTE="crippled_ram"]What kind of launch titles will an as yet unannounced handheld we know NOTHING about have? Jeez, guys, at least wait till we know for sure that the system exists!crippled_ram

I'm not dissing people, I'm looking forward to it myself, the PSP being awesome and all :D All I'm saying is, mostly, the hardware defines the games a system gets, so we should wait to see what kind of hardware the PSP2 will have before we make any predictions. For all we know, Sony make the PSP2 a phone, which means there's no chance for an Uncharted Portable, ever :cry:

i hope its not a phone. skype is fine enough for me even though i dont use it.
crippled_ram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 crippled_ram
[QUOTE="crippled_ram"][QUOTE="PSP107"] why are u dissing ppl for thier excitement of a system that most likly will get revealed.PSP107

Same here, I want it to be a full fledged PSP2. However, more as a business consideration than anything else, I have a nasty feeling Sony WILL make it a phone :(
bowser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

#18 bowser3
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts

I think they might have a portable uncharted 1. No doubt that it would get gamers attention and since the psp2 will be next gen itll be able to handle it pretty good.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#19 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

lol we dont even have any info on psp 2 other then rumors and supposively dev kits hitting developers

that does not give us any info about price games or anything of a sort

but heres my hunch

-just like the psp before it dont expect it to take off

it will offer an occasional hit here and there but still a farcry from what the nintendo camp has offered severel years streight is this even worth doubting the 3ds ?

is it worth it , we all saw psp ,

it had ps1 ports ps2 ports and hd console ports few games made from the ground up you know the scoop

badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
i want Uncharted,Killzone,Resistance for PSP2
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#21 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Considering how software sales outside of Japan for the PSP have been as of late I wouldn't count on too much support from western devs and publishers at launch. This'll be all Sony and Japanese companies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#22 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Couldn't imagine.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

MGS6, GTA, and other stuff because its gonna try to hard to be a console. I'm all for the psp2 as long as it doesn't use a touch screen and if it doesn't slide like the psp go. Big hands can't use a touch screen phone properly (I hate my black berry). Sliding phones look like something girls would use and someone of my stature can't be seen using that.Fightingfan

But its fine that the 3ds is doing it right. Since RE,starfox,OOT,MGS3ds all look like what the psp was doing before. Those look like console type games. Which to me is not bad at all. I dont mind a console type game on the go.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Gimped PS3 games :P

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#25 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

It might get a sell from me if a Launch Title is part of the Uncharted Series.

That and I don't think Capcom is going to put Monster Hunter on the 3DS.

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 digimonkey12
Member since 2009 • 1851 Posts

Considering how software sales outside of Japan for the PSP have been as of late I wouldn't count on too much support from western devs and publishers at launch. This'll be all Sony and Japanese companies.

vashkey

Mmmm .... yeah you nailed it ! ....... in being 100 % wrong.

Ummm lets see .... Shaun Himmerick from NetherRealm Studios/Chicago, Illinois, U.S claims they got the PSP2 in the house for development. Call me crazy but that sounds like SUPPORT from western publishers at launch.

misiufraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 misiufraggle
Member since 2009 • 653 Posts

Ports of iPhone games, it is going to be a phone. :(

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

lol we dont even have any info on psp 2 other then rumors and supposively dev kits hitting developers

but heres my hunch

it will offer an occasional hit here and there but still a farcry from what the nintendo camp has offered severel years streight is this even worth doubting the 3ds ?

it had ps1 ports ps2 ports and hd console ports few games made from the ground up you know the scoop

mariokart64fan
It would take supreme laziness and incompetence to launch the PSP with a port of an ancient game (the way Nintendo did with the DS) and call it a day. Sony's a smarter publisher than that I'm sure the launch will at least equal that of the original PSP (which boasted new Wipeout and Twisted Metal games as well as the superb Luminees). Hopefully like with the PSP1 Sony couple strong sales with a userbase with broad tastes (the two GTA designed for the PSP rang rings around the DS GTA in terms of sales) and keep the system supplied with a good mix of new franchise games (nods towards the Littlebigplanet, the God of War games, Dissidia, the Syphon Filters and MGS) and original games (Pursuit Force, Loco Roco, Hacksaw Heroes, Patapon and Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman!). Don't get me wrong, the casual audience is huge, so I'm sure the 3DS will do well. I'm just saying that if history is any guide the PSP2 will do fine and get lots of core games.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

As with every system, as soon as a NIS title is avaible for it, I buy it instandly. That said, a new NIS game or a Disgaea 3 port would result in an instand buy for me. A great thing would be KH3 exclusive on it, sales would be fantastic.It might be a good idea to have a GoW as launch title since it's well known or maybe a GT to show the full graphics power of the device. But all in all I guess it's going to go the Sony way: Nothing worth buying unless it's around for a year :S

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

[QUOTE="PSP107"][QUOTE="crippled_ram"] I'm not dissing people, I'm looking forward to it myself, the PSP being awesome and all :D All I'm saying is, mostly, the hardware defines the games a system gets, so we should wait to see what kind of hardware the PSP2 will have before we make any predictions. For all we know, Sony make the PSP2 a phone, which means there's no chance for an Uncharted Portable, ever :cry:crippled_ram

Same here, I want it to be a full fledged PSP2. However, more as a business consideration than anything else, I have a nasty feeling Sony WILL make it a phone :(

They could always just do both, like Apple does with the iPhone and Touch. It's a low-risk proposition because they'll be able to sell their hardware to both old PSP users and a new smartphone audiences as well, which I think they really need to combat the 3DS's inevitable popularity. With Android support, they'd also get a ton of indie support.

One last advantage is that, with carriers helping to subsidize the PSP Phone, they can make a system with top-of-the-line specs and still sell it for $199 or less (in contract).

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

but heres my hunch

CarnageHeart

It would take supreme laziness and incompetence to launch the PSP with a port of an ancient game (the way Nintendo did with the DS) and call it a day. Sony's a smarter publisher than that I'm sure the launch will at least equal that of the original PSP (which boasted new Wipeout and Twisted Metal games as well as the superb Luminees). Hopefully like with the PSP1 Sony couple strong sales with a userbase with broad tastes (the two GTA designed for the PSP rang rings around the DS GTA in terms of sales) and keep the system supplied with a good mix of new franchise games (nods towards the Littlebigplanet, the God of War games, Dissidia, the Syphon Filters and MGS) and original games (Pursuit Force, Loco Roco, Hacksaw Heroes, Patapon and Holy Invasion of Privacy Badman!). Don't get me wrong, the casual audience is huge, so I'm sure the 3DS will do well. I'm just saying that if history is any guide the PSP2 will do fine and get lots of core games.

Actually, given the 3DS's expense and the launch lineup I think it's about as core as it gets on a handheld. Or rather I'd say that Nintendo is going after Sony's audience quite aggressively --

As Reggie put it, "The way I would describe the market for the Nintendo 3DS would be the launch market that we had with the Nintendo DS plus the launch market that maybe PSP had... And so, unfortunately for Jack [Tretton, SCEA CEO], my priority is to dominate the handheld market, even more than we've done to date, and so we will continue to put pressure and drive our Nintendo DS business very aggressively because the bigger we can drive that base the even more effectively we'll be able to launch the Nintendo 3DS."

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
i seriously think that the resident evil game which was announced for the psp has maybe been postponed for the psp2 and i think sony will reveal something soon.
Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

obviously a sequel to this

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PSP107
[QUOTE="PSP107"][QUOTE="crippled_ram"] I'm not dissing people, I'm looking forward to it myself, the PSP being awesome and all :D All I'm saying is, mostly, the hardware defines the games a system gets, so we should wait to see what kind of hardware the PSP2 will have before we make any predictions. For all we know, Sony make the PSP2 a phone, which means there's no chance for an Uncharted Portable, ever :cry:crippled_ram

A full fledge phone?