What is your greatest gaming achievement?

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45090 Posts

For me it's getting the Big Boss emblem in Metal Gear Solid 4:

Big Boss Emblem
Beat the game on the highest difficulty (The Boss Extreme) with no deaths, no alerts, no kills, no recovery items, no stealth suit, no bandana items, in under 5 hours.

How about you, SW?

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

For me it's getting the Big Boss emblem in Metal Gear Solid 4:

Big Boss Emblem

Beat the game on the highest difficulty (The Boss Extreme) with no deaths, no alerts, no kills, no recovery items, no stealth suit, no bandana items, in under 5 hours.

That's impossible.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

probably every time i've won a race online, driving clean against other good drivers who also drive clean.

joy with every blip of the throttle.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Was able to live in a time where resolution wasn't a thing for fanboys to argue about.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

It's a 3 way tie between the first time I beat Mega Man 2, the first time I beat TMNT2: The Arcade Game (NES version, game was super easy at the arcade), and the first time I beat Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

I was also very happy with myself the first time I beat Castles: Siege and Conquest.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I used to be good enough at the first Ninja Turtles game for NES that I could beat it in 30 min without losing a single turtle. That game was harder than most games available over the last decade.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#8 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

Office tournament in NHL 95. Came down to myself and DeCillis. He was up 4-1 going into third and I rallied to beat him 7-5.

Finally escaping the Maze in Zillion with all three characters.

Its between those two

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CrownKingArthur
@getyeryayasout said:

I beat "Iron" Mike Tyson. No Nintendo Power. No Internet. Just infinite patience and the reflexes of a coked-out ninja.

Don King ... is ... is that you?

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

Platinuming Vanquish.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@Telekill said:

I used to be good enough at the first Ninja Turtles game for NES that I could beat it in 30 min without losing a single turtle. That game was harder than most games available over the last decade.

...hope you're not lying

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

Beating flappy bird.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

I've beaten a lot of tough games, but number #1 is probably ranking inside the top 25 on the Sonic Generations' leaderboards for Modern Planet Wisp, and while not using any glitches to do it. I think my time has been bumped to 40th something now, but I'm still proud of it.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

Switching to PC. I used to think 30 FPS and 60 FPS are just numbers and that there's no difference. Man was I wrong.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Telekill

@Suppaman100: I used to actually be that good at it. I couldn't do it now of course, but back then it was my most played game. It took me quite a few attempts just to memorize which buildings to go into near the end as it was a maze. The hardest part was memorizing the dam level. That sucked.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

giving away my xbone.

the look on the hobos eyes, i think he wanted to killl me...

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CrownKingArthur

@getyeryayasout: haha. i know you're not really don king, so i'll tell a quick story about don king.

did you know that Mike Tyson used to get fan letters, but Don King never bothered with that stuff - didn't get anyone to open them, they sat there. Once Mike rid himself of king, he discovered the big pile of fan mail and got some staff to work through it.

within the pile there was a letter from a boy dying of cancer - requesting a phone call from Mike Tyson. a member of staff showed Mike, Mike then asked for a telephone immediately and made the call.

after the call mike was inconsolable because he ended up making the call 1 yr too late. **** don king man, **** don king.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

In my most recent of memories, I'd say it's getting 200% completion on Donkey Kong Country Returns without using any items or resorting to any kind of co-op.

It was just such a beautifully well designed challenge that gave me a great deal of satisfaction because, while it was very harsh, it was completely fair.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Solving a co-op Puzzle.... By myself in Portal 2.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

I don't know... Beating games on the highest difficulty.. But I did plenty of those..

Finishing Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SolidGame_basic

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Solving a co-op Puzzle.... By myself in Portal 2.

get a Wii U

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Winning arcade tournaments for various fighting games in the arcades years ago back when I lived and breathed in arcades (R.I.P.).

100% multitudes of games on their hardest difficulty over the years from NES to modern day.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Dead Space 2 Hardcore run

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17812 Posts

holding off a very large egyptian army with 1 unit of horse, 1 trebuchet and 2 units of infantry in rome total war. i felt like a god....until the next turn where the computer regrouped then kicked by *BEEP*.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

My personal greatest gaming achievement was being the last VT standing on my team in a match in Steel Battalion and I destroyed a Siegezug and a Macabre and then it was myself in a Juggernaut vs another Juggernaut and he tipped over and I legged his Juggernaut with a rail gun freehand and captured his VT and earned an advanced balancer3 optional part ,before the duping fiasco so it was worth a mint and so was the Juggernaut I captured.

I also got an Earthshaker in a drop before too and had the guy who owned it before me yell death threats in the chat room ,he was bawling and screaming and his friends got into it too saying I should give it to him cause he list it in a connection error. I egged him on so bad. I had that bad boy in my hangar for six months until they turned off campaign mode

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#28  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@Cheleman said:

giving away my xbone.

the look on the hobos eyes, i think he wanted to killl me...

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

Each time I build a PC, push the power button, and it beeps once.

That always makes me happy.

That follows the achievement of learning how to build a PC, and then discovering just how amazing PC gaming is, and escaping consoles. I like spending far less money for far more gaming.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SolidGame_basic

Another one I can think of is winning a 4 v 1 handicap in Socom Confrontation. Amazing!

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

IL2: Sturmovik. While flying the titular IL2 en route to bombing a rail yard, I was hit by a flak burst that took off ALL my control surfaces and threw oil all over the windshield. The yoke did nothing, the rudder did nothing, and no flaps. The only control I had of the plane was the throttle.

By throttling up, I could climb and turn to the right (due to torque). By throttling down, I could descend and turn slightly left. I eventually got the plane pointed in the right direction, and was able to find a balance on the throttle where I was flying mostly level. I dropped all my ordinance on some farmers field and settled in for the haul.

After about 20 minutes I saw the airfield at about my 10 o'clock. The engine was grinding and grating by now due to the oil squirting out everywhere, and I had to increase throttle to keep the RPMs up. I was totally 'in the zone' at this point, with both hands on the throttle. I carefully worked the throttle until I was on a slow descent, just ever so slightly turning to the left as I lost altitude. I knew I was only going to get one shot.

Barely able to see through the oil, I dropped my landing gear and increased throttle slightly to raise my nose, and then it happened: the most perfect no-bounce landing I have ever pulled. Both forward wheels hit the ground at the exact same time and stuck like it was scripted. I chopped the throttle sharply and my tail wheel gently settled down, and then the engine locked up for good with a loud "grrrr-clunk".

I sat there on the runway for a minute (couldn't move, engine had died) in disbelief. I saved the track file and watched it from every angle a dozen times. If Youtube had been around back then I would have most certainly have thrown it up, but alas this was in the dark days of long ago, so you're just going to have to take my word that it really happened.

GamingTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GamingTitan
Member since 2004 • 657 Posts

All the ssx vids , world records, and FAQ stuff I did back in the day.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts

Beating Superman 64. Nah, I kid. I was fortunate enough that I never spent money on that "game."

Mine would probably be beating Ultimate Battle Z in Budokai Tenkaichi 2 on the hardest difficulty. Other than that, I'm not really an achievement guy.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Landing on the Aircraft Carrier in Top Gun (NES) :P

mario-galaxys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mario-galaxys
Member since 2011 • 574 Posts

Getting all three stars in each Cup in Mario Kart DS.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Getting all the Gold's in the license tests in Gran Turismo 2.

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

@Telekill said:

Man I love that game. Are you talking about Turtles in Time or whatever it was called?

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

Losing my virginity @ sweet 16.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I can beat every Megaman X game in under an 1 hour without losing a life (not all of them at the same time obviously). I once won over 50 matches back to back in UMVC3 with a shitty team and without a keep away game except for strider (she-hulk/viper/strider).

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@ninjapirate2000 said:

Beating flappy bird.

that game doesn't even has an end....

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#41 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Platinuming Demon's Souls? Perhaps. I spent above at least 50 hours EXCLUSIVELY farming the black skeleton phantoms in that one level to get pure bladestone. I eventually gave up, tried again a few months later and got it on my second try... lol. That was all I had left to get the platinum. It felt good. Like 400 hours of Demon's Souls to get that damn thing.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Blink Dagger + Echo Slam for massive damage that singlehandedly wins the team fight. Lots of good moments like that throughout DotA 2 and LoL but also lots of equally shitty moments. MOBAs are like drugs for me, I'd spam match after match just looking for that high.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Getting platinum trophy for Killzone 2 and beating Radec with a knife on the hardest difficulty felt really good.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Telekill

@SuddenlyTragic: Actually before that one. It was the very first on the NES. Turtles in Time was the 4th that appeared on the SNES.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

completing all AC games 100% since AC Brotherhood

beating God of War 3 on the hardest(Platinum)

won a 3 on 3 tournament with counter-strike back in 2002 :)

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11257 Posts

Well I almost have to agree with your choice OP, getting Big Boss Emblem was a great achievement and difficult as hell.

Most of my achievements are over a decade old, I didn't game much today, and I'm garbage in every game I've played since 2010. When I was a kid I was world class though...

My greatest gaming achievement would have to be winning a local Tekken Tag tournament back in the day. I didn't even lose a single round (First one to win two rounds). Used Eddy/Armour King and really had to use Armour King, Eddy just juggled my opponents in the air til I won :P Got a year's supply of mixed candy and energy drinks :D

Either that or me looking up an SSX world record seeing for example 750,000 points was some record and I had 700,000 and you only need 500,000 or so for a gold or whatever the highest award/medal was on those levels.

OR

Beating the clan leader of the most successful clan in Diablo 2, a clan so powerful they won 7-0 against almost any other team/clan and rarely lost a single round before they got 7 wins.

Even against a combined effort of the best players not in their clan 4vs4 this clan still won like 7-2.

played 1vs1 against the team leader and won 5-3. He was vastly superior to me and a much, MUCH greater team player, even if I played with the 3 best players I know his team would 7-0 us... Still was proud of beating him.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I don't know honestly. I think one time in a Halo 2 game I played a game where I had 50 kills and either 0 or 1 death. I was pretty proud of myself at that moment. Again, I don't remember the full details, but I remember just having an amazing game where I died only once or none at all.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

Being part of a now disbanded CAL-I Counter-Strike clan. I was playing like 50 hours a week (yeah, yikes) and was stoked just to be in the clan but actually taking part in the matches is probably my greatest achievement. Or maybe beating Doom: Shores of Hell on Ultra-violence. **** playing that shit on Nightmare.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

@Gue1 said:

I can beat every Megaman X game in under an 1 hour without losing a life. I once won over 50 matches back to back in UMVC3 with a shitty team without a keep away game except for strider (she-hulk/viper/strider). And then people dare to say that the game's random and all about spamming.

If you are telling the truth about Megaman I have to say that is very impressive. I struggled mightily to take down Sigma on X4.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

beat the first Metal Slug with a single quarter, no deaths, all prisoners