Avatar image for stereointegrity
#102 Posted by stereointegrity (12103 posts) -

God of War. Easily

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#103 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (27439 posts) -

Metal Gear Survive.

Seriously.

#105 Posted by CTR360 (8618 posts) -

RDR2 dragon guest 11 shadow of tomb rider spiderman god of war assasin creed odyssey

#106 Posted by carljohnsonCJ (264 posts) -

RDR 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
#107 Posted by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4627 posts) -

I’m loving RDR2, but FH4 just pips it for me. The game is just sublime.

#108 Posted by robert_sparkes (1765 posts) -

Red dead 2 the game is a masterpiece in every way. I didn't get the complaints about controls I found it ok.

#109 Posted by pelvist (7200 posts) -

Subnautica was the game I enjoyed most this year.

#110 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6281 posts) -

Playing God of war now. This one could take it.

#111 Posted by sts106mat (24730 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption 2.

I honestly think that this is possibly the best game i have played in 25+ years of gaming. Its easily the most immersive, beautiful, realistic open world game there is.

#112 Posted by Pcmasterrace69 (324 posts) -

gears of war 4 for me?.. ok sorry please dont hurt my family xD

#113 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (9715 posts) -

God of War is the best I've played. I haven't played DQ11, though. I kind of wish I had bought that instead of RDR2.

#114 Posted by Pharoahogc1 (167 posts) -

I would say Red dead 2, I honestly think it is amazing, it was slow at first and I had a mixed reception but by the end it's just a damn good game all around. I never played the first one well only a couple hours but now I want to just for the story, but I don't know if it'll be hard to go back for that one with how good this one looks and functions.

#115 Posted by floppydics (33 posts) -

One of these:

Astro Bot

Wipeout with VR update

Divinity 2

God of War

Most disappointing for me personally: RDR 2

#116 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (5970 posts) -

Read Dead Redemption 2... Not just GOTY for me, but it easily one of the best games I have ever played.

Forza Horizon 4 is also a superb, but Read Dead Redemption 2?... Easily a candidate for game of the generation.

Aside from the slight control issues... I have yet to find anything wrong with the game, the more I play the more I want to play. I pretty much don't want it to end. Its like playing a superb game and watching a netflix western at the same time, my wife sat down with a cup of tea last night and watched me play the game for a hour before falling asleep.

This game to me is the closest thing to perfect I have ever played and I loved The Witcher 3, but this game?...

#117 Posted by Rockman999 (7296 posts) -

It's going to be between God Of War and Red Dead Redemption 2 for me.

#118 Posted by rmiller365 (734 posts) -

For me:

God of War (excellent story, one of the few majority successful reboots, and they took risks with the IP that is rare in the industry and actually tried something new)

Spiderman (probably the best superhero game made and the love and detail put into the source material is impressive.)

Frostpunk (unique ideas and unlike any other strategy game I've played. This is an underappreciated gem of a game)

Avatar image for yammireckorrdsan
#119 Edited by YammiReckorrdSan (510 posts) -

My game of the year is without doubt Ni no Kuni 2.

Other amazing games for the year:

Dragon Ball FigherZ

Yakuza 6 and Kiwami 2 (maybe also Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise, still play it but it as good as main Yakuza games so far)

God of War 2018

Dragon Quest 11 (Still play it and have about 40 hours, but it is amazing so far)

Digimon Story Cyber Slueth Hacker Memory (still play it. It is more like an expasion pack to the first game, and it still great)

Soul Calibur 6

#120 Posted by N64DD (11194 posts) -

@rmiller365 said:

For me:

God of War (excellent story, one of the few majority successful reboots, and they took risks with the IP that is rare in the industry and actually tried something new)

Spiderman (probably the best superhero game made and the love and detail put into the source material is impressive.)

Frostpunk (unique ideas and unlike any other strategy game I've played. This is an underappreciated gem of a game)

I have yet to play frost punk. I know it was getting really good reviews.

#121 Edited by Jag85 (12408 posts) -

Multiplayer - Dragon Ball FighterZ

Single-player - Sonic Mania Plus

#122 Posted by N64DD (11194 posts) -

@Jag85 said:

Multiplayer - Dragon Ball FighterZ

Single-player - Sonic Mania Plus

How long is the main storyline in sonic?

#123 Posted by Jag85 (12408 posts) -
@n64dd said:

A couple of hours.

#124 Posted by Speeny (657 posts) -

Nothing unfortunately. Just went back to revisit old stuff. Next year I’ll report back. 2019 will be a bigger gaming year for me lol.

#125 Posted by Renegade_Fury (20266 posts) -

@Jag85 said:
@n64dd said:

A couple of hours.

Yeah, it's around 2.5 hours, so on par with 3 & Knuckles. A first time run will probably be double that though, and I suppose it also depends on how familiar you are with playing Sonic in general.

#126 Edited by Jag85 (12408 posts) -

@Renegade_Fury: But as with any good Sonic game, Mania has plenty of replayability.

#127 Posted by Renegade_Fury (20266 posts) -

@Jag85: Yup. If you're only planning on going through it once then you're doing it wrong.

#128 Posted by dino7c (519 posts) -

Ports of old games don't qualify IMO

sorry switch fans

#129 Edited by Lilseb93 (389 posts) -

God of War, followed by Red Dead Redemption 2 and Spider-Man.

#130 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4485 posts) -

RDR2. Though I haven't got my hands on God of War yet.

#131 Edited by Ezekiel43 (742 posts) -

Don't have one. Didn't play many games. Just Vampyr, Red Dead 2 and God of War. All mediocre.

Red Dead 2 I sold after four hours or so. Might try it again once it's on PC. At least then the aiming won't be garbage.

I'm playing God of War now. I just finished the first boss and decided to take a break. It's not very fun. If I want an action game so obsessed with story, I'll rather watch a movie or TV show, which do it ten times better anyway. I LOVE cinema. But I don't envy it when I'm playing games, like these stupid developers. This story isn't entertaining or interesting so far. The son and his shitty father haven't done anything for me. The presentation is very impressive, but so what? I think I already prefer the old games. They felt more like games. Even Uncharted, the game that all these are influenced by, felt more like a game. Once again, it seems all the reviewers and PlayStation fans got it wrong. These action games are so pretentious. Like taking Die Hard and trying to turn it into high art. It's also really fucking annoying to look back now and remember how people attacked me for criticizing the game without playing it. I have eyes and experience from similar games. I can see problems. I don't have to play every game to decide whether or not it really is that good. The camera IS as problematic as I predicted and the story DOES quickly get boring and intrusive and the gamey level design IS missed.

#132 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8060 posts) -

Hitman 2. although its not as good as season 1.

#133 Posted by scatteh316 (9956 posts) -
@ezekiel43 said:

I'm playing God of War now. I just finished the first boss and decided to take a break. It's not very fun. If I want an action game so obsessed with story, I'll rather watch a movie or TV show, which do it ten times better anyway. I LOVE cinema. But I don't envy it when I'm playing games, like these stupid developers. This story isn't entertaining or interesting so far. The son and his shitty father haven't done anything for me. The presentation is very impressive, but so what? I think I already prefer the old games. They felt more like games. Even Uncharted, the game that all these are influenced by, felt more like a game. Once again, it seems all the reviewers and PlayStation fans got it wrong. These action games are so pretentious. Like taking Die Hard and trying to turn it into high art. It's also really fucking annoying to look back now and remember how people attacked me for criticising the game without playing it. I have eyes and experience from similar games. I can see problems. I don't have to play every game to decide whether or not it really is that good. The camera IS as problematic as I predicted and the story DOES quickly get boring and intrusive and the gamey level design IS missed.

And yet you sound like someone who still hasn't ever played GoW...

#134 Posted by Ezekiel43 (742 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:
@ezekiel43 said:

I'm playing God of War now. I just finished the first boss and decided to take a break. It's not very fun. If I want an action game so obsessed with story, I'll rather watch a movie or TV show, which do it ten times better anyway. I LOVE cinema. But I don't envy it when I'm playing games, like these stupid developers. This story isn't entertaining or interesting so far. The son and his shitty father haven't done anything for me. The presentation is very impressive, but so what? I think I already prefer the old games. They felt more like games. Even Uncharted, the game that all these are influenced by, felt more like a game. Once again, it seems all the reviewers and PlayStation fans got it wrong. These action games are so pretentious. Like taking Die Hard and trying to turn it into high art. It's also really fucking annoying to look back now and remember how people attacked me for criticising the game without playing it. I have eyes and experience from similar games. I can see problems. I don't have to play every game to decide whether or not it really is that good. The camera IS as problematic as I predicted and the story DOES quickly get boring and intrusive and the gamey level design IS missed.

And yet you sound like someone who still hasn't ever played GoW...

If my opinion hasn't changed after the next five hours of play, I'm gonna punch you through this monitor.

#135 Edited by MarkoftheSivak (209 posts) -

@n64dd

Sorry I wasn't trying to hijack your thread earlier, I just didn't see it on the main page.

For me it is definitely Forza Horizon 4, everything the game does it hits me right where I need it.

The only part of it that stops it from being a "perfect game" is that it's online structure seems kinda "off"? Like sometimes it will say I can't join a session that I didn't even try to join, but that's just a small qualm since I have no problem being able to race with my buddies when I want to.

FYI - a perfect game to me is one that feels "Completely complete", like Megaman 3, or Street Fighter II or Chrono Trigger.

#136 Posted by N64DD (11194 posts) -

@MarkoftheSivak: lol no worries, this side of the forums move fast.

If you want a complete game that feels satisfying as chrono trigger, try dq 11.

#137 Posted by Kruugh (105 posts) -

For me….Return of the Obra Dinn

or Kingdom come deliverance

Avatar image for thirty8_special
#138 Posted by Thirty8_Special (31 posts) -

@ezekiel43: bet you wont

#139 Posted by aia89 (2763 posts) -

None, but I completed a game that I think was criminally underrated: Batman: Arkham Origins. The story is amazing and it's the best showcase of Joker's nuttery in any Batman game I've ever played.

#140 Edited by That_Old_Guy (677 posts) -

I’m going to cheat and say it’s a tie between MHW, GoW, and RDR2.

It was a great year.

#141 Posted by silkylove (8442 posts) -

Celeste

#142 Posted by Macutchi (6397 posts) -

rdr2 for me. god of war runner up.

@ezekiel43 said:

Don't have one. Didn't play many games. Just Vampyr, Red Dead 2 and God of War. All mediocre.

Red Dead 2 I sold after four hours or so. Might try it again once it's on PC. At least then the aiming won't be garbage.

I'm playing God of War now. I just finished the first boss and decided to take a break. It's not very fun. If I want an action game so obsessed with story, I'll rather watch a movie or TV show, which do it ten times better anyway. I LOVE cinema. But I don't envy it when I'm playing games, like these stupid developers. This story isn't entertaining or interesting so far. The son and his shitty father haven't done anything for me. The presentation is very impressive, but so what? I think I already prefer the old games. They felt more like games. Even Uncharted, the game that all these are influenced by, felt more like a game. Once again, it seems all the reviewers and PlayStation fans got it wrong. These action games are so pretentious. Like taking Die Hard and trying to turn it into high art. It's also really fucking annoying to look back now and remember how people attacked me for criticizing the game without playing it. I have eyes and experience from similar games. I can see problems. I don't have to play every game to decide whether or not it really is that good. The camera IS as problematic as I predicted and the story DOES quickly get boring and intrusive and the gamey level design IS missed.

i'm guessing you're a glass is half empty kind of guy.

@ezekiel43 said:

Once again, it seems all the reviewers and PlayStation fans got it wrong.

#143 Posted by Longsnout (142 posts) -

RDR2.