What is your favorite Switch game so far?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#1 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24043 posts) -

I think mine is still Breath of the Wild, even though it's technically a Wii U port. Just a really amazing game, one of the best of the gen. I wonder if we will get a sequel for the Switch. After Zelda, I enjoyed Smash and Mario Rabbids the most. I consider Mario Odyssey a disappointment. It's not the spiritual Mario 64 successor I was hoping it would be. How about you, SW? What is your favorite Switch game so far?

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#2 Posted by uninspiredcup (32821 posts) -

Street Fighter II.

Avatar image for mojito1988
#3 Posted by mojito1988 (3535 posts) -

Easily the Sega Genesis Collection. I already beat Phantasy Star 2, and Sword of Vermillion on it. Working on Phantasy Star 3 right now. I will be playing that collection of games for a very long time since I'm on the go so much.

Avatar image for FinalFighters
#4 Posted by FinalFighters (3143 posts) -

Moonlighter

Avatar image for enzyme36
#5 Posted by enzyme36 (4153 posts) -

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#6 Posted by freedomfreak (51145 posts) -

Definitely Breath of the Wild.

Avatar image for SecretPolice
#7 Posted by SecretPolice (35108 posts) -

Rare Replay... Oh wait, not yet. :P

Avatar image for Sam3231
#8 Posted by Sam3231 (2566 posts) -

Zelda.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#9 Posted by Archangel3371 (27591 posts) -

Breath of the Wild although Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Octopath Traveler, Bayonetta 2, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are right up there with it.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#10 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13574 posts) -

Smash bros.

Avatar image for Gatygun
#11 Posted by Gatygun (1429 posts) -

Zelda breath of the wild absolutely solid effort.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#12 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18705 posts) -

Mario Odyssey... by a huge margin. Could be my game of the gen.

Avatar image for dzimm
#13 Posted by dzimm (5358 posts) -

Hard to say. There are so many great games. If we narrowed it down to just Switch exclusives then I would say, at the moment, Super Mario Odyessy.

Avatar image for davillain-
#14 Posted by DaVillain- (36073 posts) -

These are the Switch games I own and in this very order as my favorite Switch game:

  1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (my most played Switch game as of now)
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. Octopath Traveler
  4. Super Mario Odyssey
  5. Splatoon 2
  6. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  7. Starlink: Battle for Atlas
  8. ARMS
Avatar image for Solaryellow
#15 Posted by Solaryellow (4809 posts) -

@davillain- said:

These are the Switch games I own and in this very order as my favorite Switch game:

  1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (my most played Switch game as of now)
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. Octopath Traveler
  4. Super Mario Odyssey
  5. Splatoon 2
  6. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  7. Starlink: Battle for Atlas
  8. ARMS

Can you buy a physical version of Star Link w/o the b.s. toys?

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#16 Edited by KBFloYd (21753 posts) -

splatoon 2

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#17 Posted by KBFloYd (21753 posts) -

@Solaryellow said:
@davillain- said:

These are the Switch games I own and in this very order as my favorite Switch game:

  1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (my most played Switch game as of now)
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. Octopath Traveler
  4. Super Mario Odyssey
  5. Splatoon 2
  6. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  7. Starlink: Battle for Atlas
  8. ARMS

Can you buy a physical version of Star Link w/o the b.s. toys?

youd have to buy it used if you want it physical. because its only sold with toys. you have to find someone who bought it with the toy and is selling the physical game seperate.

otherwise you can buy it digital without toys of course.

Avatar image for ezekiel43
#18 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1406 posts) -

Is it worth getting a subscription for SSBU or are the online players ridiculous? I got bored playing it alone.

Avatar image for speeny
#19 Posted by Speeny (1518 posts) -

Probably Mario Odyssey.

Avatar image for kali-b1rd
#20 Posted by Kali-B1rd (2050 posts) -

Smash, BOTW and Xenoblade

I'm hoping Fire Emblem: Three Houses will be excellent.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#21 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (28861 posts) -

All of them.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#22 Edited by lundy86_4 (52732 posts) -
  1. Breath of the Wild
  2. Mario Odyssey
  3. Xeno 2

Very psyched for FE, as I feel Ninty are gonna push the boat out in terms of quality... Plus, Awakening was fucking amazing.

Avatar image for pyro1245
#23 Posted by pyro1245 (4926 posts) -

Golf Story

Avatar image for jeezers
#24 Edited by jeezers (2672 posts) -

Mario odyssey, its just flat out fun its my favorite mario game yet, i put it right up there with mario 64, truthfully its way better than mario 64, though nostalgia makes it hard to admit.

2. smash

3. bayonetta 2

4. botw

5. octopath

Avatar image for Pikminmaniac
#25 Edited by Pikminmaniac (11355 posts) -

Breath of the Wild is the most impressive game still, but my favourite is easily Celeste.

This is a bit of a hot take, but I preferred Mario 3D World to Mario Odyssey.

Avatar image for jeezers
#26 Posted by jeezers (2672 posts) -

@mojito1988 said:

Easily the Sega Genesis Collection. I already beat Phantasy Star 2, and Sword of Vermillion on it. Working on Phantasy Star 3 right now. I will be playing that collection of games for a very long time since I'm on the go so much.

i picked up the collection last week for the switch but have only played sonic and vectorman so far, gonna dig into it more this weekend

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#27 Posted by lundy86_4 (52732 posts) -

@pyro1245 said:

Golf Story

I have wanted to grab that for so long, but I always forget... Tempted to do it now lol.

Avatar image for freedom01
#28 Posted by freedom01 (3365 posts) -

In no specific order

  • Zelda Breath of the Wild
  • Mario Odyssey
  • Xenoblade 2
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Mario Tennis Ace
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Octopath
  • Super Smash
  • Splatoon 2
  • The World Ends with You
  • Secret of Mana Collection
Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#29 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18705 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:
@pyro1245 said:

Golf Story

I have wanted to grab that for so long, but I always forget... Tempted to do it now lol.

It's awesome... I finished it a few weeks back, and really enjoyed it. Definitely recommend!

Avatar image for ajstyles
#30 Posted by AJStyles (739 posts) -

I can’t think of any.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#31 Posted by lundy86_4 (52732 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

It's awesome... I finished it a few weeks back, and really enjoyed it. Definitely recommend!

Daaaaamnn... One more to add the the backlog.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#32 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18705 posts) -

@lundy86_4: Lol, I know the feeling... but it's a great game to pick up and play in short sessions and leave and come back to later. That's what I did.

Avatar image for sakaixx
#33 Posted by sakaiXx (5316 posts) -

I always say I hate indies but the game I enjoyed most on switch was stardew valley and game dev story. Too bad no AAA games worth mentioning

Avatar image for dracula_16
#34 Posted by dracula_16 (14865 posts) -

Splatoon 2, definitely.

Avatar image for sonicare
#35 Posted by sonicare (56652 posts) -

I like nothing on it.

Avatar image for judaspete
#36 Posted by judaspete (2907 posts) -

ARMS. Gave me nostalgic Dreamcast feels.

Avatar image for MarioFan264
#37 Posted by MarioFan264 (1022 posts) -

Super Mario Odyssey really has little competition in terms of exclusives, if you ask me. Breath of the Wild is amazing, but it is, as OP said, a Wii U game.

Avatar image for davillain-
#38 Posted by DaVillain- (36073 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:
@Solaryellow said:
@davillain- said:

These are the Switch games I own and in this very order as my favorite Switch game:

  1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (my most played Switch game as of now)
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  3. Octopath Traveler
  4. Super Mario Odyssey
  5. Splatoon 2
  6. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  7. Starlink: Battle for Atlas
  8. ARMS

Can you buy a physical version of Star Link w/o the b.s. toys?

youd have to buy it used if you want it physical. because its only sold with toys. you have to find someone who bought it with the toy and is selling the physical game seperate.

otherwise you can buy it digital without toys of course.

I ended up buying the toy package and I neded up giving the toys to my daughter and kept the physical game. Like KBFloYd said, you can buy it physical but you need to buy it used and Gamestop should have plenty of those around but I heard the digital has massive GB storage if your going for digital version.