What is your favorite game to play when you want a challenge?

• 58 results
Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 1620 Posts
@KungfuKitten said:

I really like the hardest difficulties on the Zelda games. I'm playing through Link's Awakening on hero mode and I died 20+ times (my first playthrough ever) but it's never too punishing.

I also loved the Master mode in Breath of the Wild and WILL NOT PLAY BotW2 until they add a Master/hero mode difficulty (ok i might if it's not there but it should be there)

And the hero mode in Twilight Princess elevated that game for me.

---

Divinity: Original Sins 2 was very challenging for me. And I was playing on one of the lowest difficulty settings. (Classic or something.) I cannot fathom how anyone can get anywhere in that game on the higher difficulties. I really felt like I was missing some key parts of strategy in its combat because every encounter was a challenge. Either a full wipe x 10 or barely winning it on a razor's edge. For me it was slightly too frustrating to consider that the ideal difficulty for me.

I did a full honour mode run.

https://www.twitch.tv/collections/GRVXZENfXxWFtQ

i made some additional streams but got removed it seems about how to figure stuff out and work your way through it. It's extremely hard to get it done in honour mode i agree with that. it costed me about 200 hours to finally make it.

For people not understanding how hard it is.

It's a 60-70 hour journey, 1 **** up can mean instant dead = remove of your save file and u got to start all over again from the start.

I must say its one of my favorite games for sure and its extremely well done. The voices the well designed area's are all incredible well done.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#52  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 26840 Posts

@Gatygun: Yeah that is insane. Congratulations on making it through. I would never even dare to try that.

I guess you really need to know the game through and throughout to have the confidence to play on that mode. It's so easy to mess something up. There are quite a few 'surprise' encounters in the game that can mean game over if you trigger them at the wrong time. (I remember getting stuck for a looooong time on an unexpected fight in a chamber underground with ruins and a coffin. It took me days to get past it.)

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 4289 Posts

Street Fighter V .... online gets the blood flowing

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 783 Posts

@i_p_daily: Streets of Rage 2 is much easier in coop mode, especially with the duo Max and Axel. Which character do you think is the strongest ?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#55 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98066 Posts

@saltslasher said:

Skate 3.

I think of some lines I would love to do, and play til I hit them. There is a few lines I never hit, cause if you don't get perfect speed, game won't let you ollie in time for next part.

By Slappys, there is this business area with a turn, and a stair, and to the right is a wall and then a ledge you can barely hit, and if you go past planters, there is another set, with flat hubba, but it goes into the street, you have to ollie up to the other side, and there is stairs where on right'est side is 1 stair, but by the very left its like 16 stairs, trying to ollie up that curb and gab the stairs where the opening of the buildings are, is rough.

I'm not sure where Skate 4 is, but I need it in my life.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 24510 Posts

The Astral Chain post game has been a fun challenge. I still have 44 missions to go lol.

Poarstman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By Poarstman
Member since 2013 • 39 Posts

Practically any game played in a way that wasn't intended by developers like Self imposed challenges (the more game breakers there are ,the more rules i'm willing too impose), just so i stretch the amount of time and interest i spent on it. even if it's just by several hours... Much like a recent playthrough i've done for 1942 on the Nes without the use of the A and B buttons unless it was too advance in the rare boss segments

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#58 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 14874 Posts

Contra (the NES version) and Bayonetta.