What is the best looking game on each system?

• 64 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Alright, since this is System Wars, and we are all, after all, obsessed with graphics and resolutions, and the complete thing, I figured it was time to actually highlight what we feel are the best looking games for each system on the market. For this thread, only the current generation systems- PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, PS Vita, Nintendo 3DS, and PC, of course- count. So let's try to highlight the best looking 'current gen' games on the market!

(Click on the images to see them in their native resolution)

INFAMOUS: SECOND SON FOR PLAYSTATION 4 (BY SUCKER PUNCH STUDIOS/SCEI)

RYSE: SON OF ROME FOR XBOX ONE (BY CRYTEK/MICROSOFT GAME STUDIOS)

MARIO KART 8 FOR WII U (BY NINTENDO)

UNCHARTED: GOLDEN ABYSS FOR PLAYSTATION VITA (BY SONY BEND/SCEI)

KID ICARUS UPRISING FOR NINTENDO 3DS (BY SORA/NINTENDO)

ARMA 3 FOR PC (BY BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE)

What do you think the best looking games for each platform are?

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

That's.... actually pretty much spot on.

I never know what is considered the best looking PC is (especially if mods get involved) but that's as good of an answer as any. Rest would either be my choice or among my choices on each platform.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@santoron said:

I never know what is considered the best looking PC is (especially if mods get involved) but that's as good of an answer as any. Rest would either be my choice or among my choices on each platform.

Yeah, PC was the hardest to narrow down one single answer for. My initial impulse was to go with something like 'modded Skyrim' (I even had By Bethesda Game Studios/SteamWorks Community listed as the credits lol), but then I realized I had two fundamental objections to that: I didn't know if I wanted to necessarily consider mods, and Skyrim, as a 2011 game, is not a 'current gen' PC game anyway (judging the current gen to have started in 2012 when three out of the five next gen machines on the market were available to purchase). So then I narrowed it down to Far Cry 3, Watch Dogs, Metro: Last Light, and Arma 3, and after that, it was a bit of a toss up, really.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

First of ,it's been a hundred years since a mod created a topic !

Secondly ,I agree with you about those games except for the PC ; I'd chose Crysis 3, at full option though.

Thirdly ,how the hell does 3DS count for next gen ?!

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@elkoldo said:

First of ,it's been a hundred years since a mod created a topic !

Secondly ,I agree with you about those games except for the PC ; I'd chose Crysis 3, at full option though.

Thirdly ,how the hell does 3DS count for next gen ?!

Cause the 3DS is against the Vita in their own little hand held gen sort of speak.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

I'd say you've certainly picked some of the best options.

First game that came to mind for 3DS was RE: Revelations but I've not played KI yet. I was also pretty disappointed with the graphics in Mario Kart's local MP so I'd say 3D World might top it overall for me in a way.

Crysis 3 or Metro LL are the best looking un-modded PC games I've played I think. I guess Crysis 3 is technically last gen though. Not looked into Arma much.

Don't have a PS4 or XB1 yet so hard to comment but from what I've seen your picks are the best looking.

@elkoldo said:

how the hell does 3DS count for next gen ?!

It doesn't. It counts for current gen just like all the others listed. Because it's the current generation of Nintendo handhelds (go figure).

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts
@bulby_g said:

@elkoldo said:

It doesn't. It counts for current gen just like all the others listed. Because it's the current generation of Nintendo handhelds (go figure).

Oh that makes sense.

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

agree with tc's choices

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

ARMA 3?? LOLChar seriously??

Also lol it's funny how Mario Kart 8 has like no AA. :V

Here's what's really the best looking game on PC:

Ad these are my crappy ass screenshots on a 2 or 3 year old GPU lol. The game looks amazing in motion too because of some of the best animations in an FPS and very smooth camera movement+motion blur.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@parkurtommo: It would have helped if you had actually labelled the game >.>

That's Metro, right?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

Killzone Mercenary would give Uncharted a run for its money on Vita.
3DS - something tells me you can find better than Kid Icarus. Maybe Bravely Default?
PS4 - I didn't think inFamous was that special. Probably Killzone was better, though that's not saying much.
Wii U - eh, Bayonetta 2 lol
PC - don't really know. you can argue many I guess depending on your rig lol

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By parkurtommo

@charizard1605 said:

That's Metro, right?

Fucking peter pan fanboys can't tell between armo tres and metro Last Lamp LOL

I'm kidding don't ban me. ;_;

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 parkurtommo

@charizard1605 said:

That's Metro, right?

On second though, Watch Dogs with the Worsemod is probably the best looking game. Or even without it if you don't want to include mods.

Just that Metro looks amazing and it runs 100x better than Watch Dogs (partly because it doesn''t have to render a bazillion things in an open world).

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

Metro is definitely best looking game so far. but i suspect Doom on ID tech 6 will surpass it.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I can't really speak for PC since I don't game on it much, but everything seems pretty spot on otherwise. I'd actually go with Wind Waker for the WiiU though. I just prefer the cartoony, cel-shaded art style. The HD remake is really bright, crisp, and gorgeous.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

I'm sure killzone on the Vita looks better than uncharted, game runs at the Vita's native res as well unlike Uncharted.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I agree with most of your list, TC.

Although I'm not sure what I would pick as the best looking PC game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#19 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58939 Posts

Probably in the minorty, people will most likely say Arma 3 or Crysis 3 e.t.c... But for me personally, personally speaking, for me (me) Shogun 2 is a perfect fusion of technical graphics and art. An incredibly immerse game that literally takes the player back in time to a alien culture.

Console wise, I dono, waste of time.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#20 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Not sure about the best on PC, but other than that i agree with tc.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Agreed and it should be very interesting to do this a year from now and see how these games compare to games released at that time.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 parkurtommo

@uninspiredcup said:

Probably in the minorty, people will most likely say Arma 3 or Crysis 3 e.t.c... But for me personally, personally speaking, for me (me) Shogun 2 is a perfect fusion of technical graphics and art. An incredibly immerse game that literally takes the player back in time to a alien culture.

I don't see where the "art" in Shogun 2 really sticks out. It's a technical showcase, can have thousands of units all going about their own business, lots of polygons, lots of grass, lots of lighting. It's literally just history+graphics.

Nothing about it is innovative, all their designs were pre-existent, everything is based off of boring ol' reality.

I'm not saying I don't like it though. I like it a lot and hell I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I've been playing Mount & Blade Warband recently and it reminded me of Shogun 2.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@parkurtommo said:

@uninspiredcup said:

I don't see where the "art" in Shogun 2 really sticks out. It's a technical showcase,

Loading Video...

My friend, I didn't read the rest of the post as this comment implied strongly it wouldn't be very good.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I have my own likes for the PC. On the flight sim front......

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By parkurtommo

@uninspiredcup said:

@parkurtommo said:

@uninspiredcup said:

I don't see where the "art" in Shogun 2 really sticks out. It's a technical showcase,

My friend, I didn't read the rest of the post as this comment implied strongly it wouldn't be very good.

I see. i thought you meant the art direction, not elements of the UI and loading screens.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@parkurtommo said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@parkurtommo said:

@uninspiredcup said:

I see. i thought you meant the art direction, not elements of the UI and loading screens.

My friend, you don't seem to understand video games or art as well. The UI and loading screens are part of the art direction and experience. For pro players such as myself, playing on the hardest difficult (because I am very good) more time will be spent looking at the UI as opposed to fully rendered battles.

Regardless, it would be right to proclaim I am indeed factually right and both the 2d and 3d meld together masterfully to created the greatest Japan themed game ever known.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#27 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Shogun 2 is really impressive . Not only its visuals are great for RTS but thousands of troops fighting on battlefield is really impressive . Art and UI of the game are also very well made .

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 uninspiredcup  Online

@Cloud_imperium said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Shogun 2 is really impressive . Not only its visuals are great for RTS but thousands of troops fighting on battlefield is really impressive . Art and UI of the game are also very well made .

In Fall OF Samurai if (because it's optional0 player progresses from traditional to modernization through western influence, the art style changes, the gameplay changes and the music changes. This is the kind of intellectual genius and subtly consoles are incapable of creating.

"oh, the Uncharted" "oh the last of us"

Movie games.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 parkurtommo

@uninspiredcup said:

@parkurtommo said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@parkurtommo said:

@uninspiredcup said:

My friend, you don't seem to understand video games or art as well. The UI and loading screens are part of the art direction and experience. For pro players such as myself, playing on the hardest difficult (because I am very good) more time will be spent looking at the UI as opposed to fully rendered battles.

Regardless, it would be right to proclaim I am indeed factually right and both the 2d and 3d meld together masterfully to created the greatest Japan themed game ever known.

No, I definitely know more about you when it comes to art/video game related art, that is without question. But yes, you're right about art direction involving the UI as well. But I don't think that makes it a contender for best looking game. Just because Shogun 2 has a great UI and historical accuracy, doesn't make it look better than Metro Last Light, or Watch Dogs, or Crysis 3, ect.

And I'll say again that I like Shogun 2. I said that in my first post, but you disregarded that and probably assumed my responses have been out of malice...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

I haven't played either of these, but what about Kid Icarus vs Resident Evil Revelations for the 3DS?

I saw some gameplay for Resident Evil Revelations and it looks good.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By cainetao11  Online
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@bulby_g said:

I'd say you've certainly picked some of the best options.

First game that came to mind for 3DS was RE: Revelations but I've not played KI yet. I was also pretty disappointed with the graphics in Mario Kart's local MP so I'd say 3D World might top it overall for me in a way.

Crysis 3 or Metro LL are the best looking un-modded PC games I've played I think. I guess Crysis 3 is technically last gen though. Not looked into Arma much.

Don't have a PS4 or XB1 yet so hard to comment but from what I've seen your picks are the best looking.

@elkoldo said:

I know to some its semantics, but I agree. The NEXT gen is PS5 and all the rest to come. What is out now is CURRENT gen.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

I'd say Super Mario 3D World for the Wii U

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

TC made a pretty solid list with the exception of Arma III. Having played both that and Crysis 3, I'd choose Crysis even though it's absolute ass to play compared to Arma. Never played Last Light, but that looks pretty incredible from what I've seen too.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Infamous Second Son(ps4)

AC4(xbox)

Wonderful 101 or SM3DW(WiiU)

Resident Evil(3ds)

AC:Liberation(vita)

Whatever has been modded to hell , & back(PC)

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Infamous SS for PS4

Ryse for Xbone

MK8 fir WiiU

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

Mario Kart looks like shit.

Other than that, TC's pretty much spot on. I'll say Crysis 3 holds the crown on PC for un-modded games.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

@faizan_faizan said:

LOL it's on the WiiU, what do you expect?

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 faizan_faizan

@psn8214 said:

@faizan_faizan said:

LOL it's on the WiiU, what do you expect?

True that. I should have kept my expectations low.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@parkurtommo said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@parkurtommo said:

No, I definitely know more about you when it comes to art/video game related art, that is without question

But you can't comprehend basic words and meanings. :/

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#40 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

Are you sure Kid Icarus is the best looking game on the 3DS?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#41 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@shadowchronicle said:

It's a pretty darn good looker that's for sure.

Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Shadowchronicle

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@shadowchronicle said:

It's a pretty darn good looker that's for sure.

Yeah that's true. I think from an artistic view it is. It was one of the first games I have played on the 3DS. The colors are vibrant.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By parkurtommo

@uninspiredcup said:

@parkurtommo said:

@uninspiredcup said:

No, I definitely know more about you when it comes to art/video game related art, that is without question

But you can't comprehend basic words and meanings. :/

Probably because 99% of the time when people mention art direction they're talking about in game visual assets and not the UI, because most games just try to keep the UI as non-intrusive as possible.

I made a mistake a in assuming that in this case, I'm so very sorry sir.

Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Shadowchronicle

Woah woah woah guys. Please edit those quote pyramids before I do it myself.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

IMO, hands down modded Crysis for PC. Don't get why mods don't count though.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

My friend, you don't seem to understand video games or art as well.

For pro players such as myself, playing on the hardest difficult (because I am very good) more time will be spent looking at the UI as opposed to fully rendered battles.

Waht. This is actually the most ridiculous post I've ever read. Who brags about this shit online?

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 faizan_faizan

@melonfarmerz said:

Don't get why mods don't count though.

They do count.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@santoron said:

Yeah, PC was the hardest to narrow down one single answer for. My initial impulse was to go with something like 'modded Skyrim' (I even had By Bethesda Game Studios/SteamWorks Community listed as the credits lol), but then I realized I had two fundamental objections to that: I didn't know if I wanted to necessarily consider mods, and Skyrim, as a 2011 game, is not a 'current gen' PC game anyway (judging the current gen to have started in 2012 when three out of the five next gen machines on the market were available to purchase). So then I narrowed it down to Far Cry 3, Watch Dogs, Metro: Last Light, and Arma 3, and after that, it was a bit of a toss up, really.

Watch dogs imo doesnt even look that good (disappointed actually how the game looks ). I think Crysis 3 on pc looks phenomenal and even Withcer 2 at times looks amazing

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@shadowchronicle said:

I'd go with REvelations.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

If mods count, how about GTA IV with ICEnhancer?